The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

51 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I think the time for defensive chess moves to alter major outcomes has pretty well passed.  However, I don’t see Mueller folks wasting much time making some significant moves after next Tuesday on anyone not Trump.  If House control flips, waiting until January for an individual Trump obstruction report to be delivered to the House would make sense (Trump DC Circuit GJ subpoena fight supposedly still in effect).

I suspect that a “Road Map” evidence based sealed grand jury report(s) for conspiracy that includes Trump already exists, and may have been in hand for some time as the larger investigation has deepened.  Maybe someone here could explain how anyone would be able to neutralize such an already completed and sealed report serving as de facto indictments.

Edited by triplehorn

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

How much collusion did the Russia collusion investigation identify? Zero. The answer is zero. Like Van Jones said, it was a giant nothingburger.

Wait, are you privy to any info? Cause the INVESTIGATION isn’t over. So either quit lying or please be quiet. Let it finish then proclaim victory. Right now no one knows, fair?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Bill Hicks' take likely would have been that this presidency is not unlike any other, it's just this regime is too stupid to be subtle about it. 

Then Bill Hicks would be wrong because this presidency is unlike any other. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Could you explain this please? Thanks.

Alan Dershowitz proposed what I think was the best solution to the problem that was identified. He said we should have a bipartisan commission which would identify how Russia, and others (eg. China), were attempting to interfere with our democracy, and it could also propose solutions. 

In lieu of a reasonable solution, partisans and media insiders generated faux outrage over "Russia Collusion". The smart folks, the insiders, like Van Jones, understood that some kind of "deal" between Putin and Trump was ludicrous, but that an investigation could be damaging to the Trump agenda. It was "great political theater", in that it generated drama and ratings. 

This investigation began almost three years ago. It is not going to result in anything new at this point. "Victory" is simply knowing the truth, it isn't one side getting over on the other. If there was collusion, I would like to know it happened. It didn't.

For two years this subject has generated more discussion than any other subject. Yet it was never more than a conspiracy. Its supporters have never been more than simply useful idiots, water carriers for political manipulators. 

• Fuck You 4

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Trump Tower meeting intending to get dirt on Hillary from the Russian government was collusion, pure and simple. 

Google tells me collusion is defined thusly:

col·lu·sion
/kəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun

1. secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
    "the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"
    synonyms: conspiracy, connivance, complicity, intrigue, plotting, secret understanding, collaboration, scheming
    "there had been collusion between the security forces and paramilitary groups"

Did they reach some kind of deal, was their evidence of "cooperation", and who was deceived as a result of this cooperation? You have evidence of a meeting and no reason to believe that people thought they were talking to the Russian government. There was no agreement, there was no deception. There was no collusion.

Even if Veselnitskaya had dirt, it was ordinary course of business for political operatives of all stripes. A nothingburger.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Did they reach some kind of deal, was their evidence of "cooperation", and who was deceived as a result of this cooperation? You have evidence of a meeting and no reason to believe that people thought they were talking to the Russian government. There was no collusion.

Even if Veselnitskaya had dirt, it was ordinary course of business for political operatives of all stripes. A nothingburger.

Yeah, no reason at all to believe that. No reason at all to even suspect that as a possibility. That is, if you're a completely naive idiot. 

11 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

For two years this subject has generated more discussion than any other subject. Yet it was never more than a conspiracy. 

“I’m summary, ladies and gentlemen of the jury,  there was no collusion.  There was only a conspiracy.  I rest my case.”

It’s a brilliant legal strategy.  Admitting to an actual crime as an alibi to a made-up concept with no legal relevance.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

Just now, BrickHorn said:

“I’m summary, ladies and gentlemen of the jury,  there was no collusion.  There was only a conspiracy.  I rest my case.”

It’s a brilliant legal strategy.  Admitting to a crime as an alibi to a made-up concept with no legal relevance.

My apologies. Conspiracy theory. I stand corrected. Words are hard.

Edited by Thetexashammer

10 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Alan Dershowitz proposed what I think was the best solution to the problem that was identified. He said we should have a bipartisan commission which would identify how Russia, and others (eg. China), were attempting to interfere with our democracy, and it could also propose solutions. 

In lieu of a reasonable solution, partisans and media insiders generated faux outrage over "Russia Collusion". The smart folks, the insiders, like Van Jones, understood that some kind of "deal" between Putin and Trump was ludicrous, but that an investigation could be damaging to the Trump agenda. It was "great political theater", in that it generated drama and ratings. 

This investigation began almost three years ago. It is not going to result in anything new at this point. "Victory" is simply knowing the truth, it isn't one side getting over on the other. If there was collusion, I would like to know it happened. It didn't.

For two years this subject has generated more discussion than any other subject. Yet it was never more than a conspiracy. Its supporters have never been more than simply useful idiots, water carriers for political manipulators. 

So bob mueller shared his report and full investigation file with you already? You must be a real important guy. Thank you for taking time out of your very busy and important day and posting here. 

On 11/3/2018 at 1:22 PM, Thetexashammer said:

How much collusion did the Russia collusion investigation identify? Zero. The answer is zero. Like Van Jones said, it was a giant nothingburger.

“Nothingburger” is so played out. Today only used by hardcore mouth breather trumpkins and Russian sponsored trolls. Which one are you? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

You have no idea what Mueller will report.

Donald Trump Jr. is probably going to be indicted along with Roger Stone.

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”

And the next day they made new hacking attempts. 

I propose that it's possible they've had them all along and the only reason they haven't been released is because they are indeed personal in nature, just like they said. Or otherwise irrelevant. It's better to promote accusations of malfeasance in their absence. There is definitely a greater than zero chance that that is true. 

But it doesn't matter, the people who don't care at all that Trump refuses to release his tax returns scream accusations of corruption against the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation despite the fact that they release all of their tax returns. It's not reality anymore, it's reality TV. 

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Did they reach some kind of deal, was their evidence of "cooperation", and who was deceived as a result of this cooperation? You have evidence of a meeting and no reason to believe that people thought they were talking to the Russian government. There was no agreement, there was no deception. There was no collusion.

You are a fucking moron

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Ladies and gentlemen, John Lennon!

• Like 1

You guys should work on your reading skills.

Also, insults are childish and they are not arguments.

Thanks for the rep!!! It's not supposed to be enjoyable, being left holding the bag. It's quite unpleasant, actually. But don't worry, acting out will make all of your paranoid delusions come true.

Not just losers. Sore losers. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 2

I don't respond to churlish insults from people sufferers of paranoid delusions. I do respond to issues of substance. You could explain, for example, how the facts support a finding of collusion in terms of the actual definition of collusion, as provided by Google.

A meeting is a meeting. It is not collusion. A lie is a lie. It is not collusion. 

Wiipedia defines "conspiracy theory" like this:

A conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy—generally one involving an illegal or harmful act supposedly carried out by government or other powerful actors—without credible evidence.

Oswald met with the Russians. I'm sure he lied about some stuff too. If you think the Russians killed JFK, you are a conspiracy theorist and a lunatic. If you believe Trump colluded with Russia, you are a conspiracy theorist and a lunatic. It's my opinion. If Trump is magically found to have colluded with Russia, I will revise my opinion. But that ain't happening. 

what-if-i-told-you-this-is-the-end-of-myu7khn.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

https://www.justice.gov/sco

Conspiracy to defraud the United States has been charged to 30+ people including Trump’s top campaign officials and Russians.

And it’s not over. 

Keep your head in the sand if you want. 

You'll have to clarify, which are the ones who colluded? There was a reason they had to appoint an independent counsel. You don't need an independent counsel to prosecute tax fraud cases, those go on every day without any such mechanism.

9 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

You'll have to clarify, which are the ones who colluded? There was a reason they had to appoint an independent counsel. You don't need an independent counsel to prosecute tax fraud cases, those go on every day without any such mechanism.

Collusion isn’t a crime.  Therefore no one would be charged with it, ever.   So keep fucking that chicken.   It’s entertaining.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I don’t have to clarify shit.  You just have to read. 

But you can start here:

FDFE92A3-1561-4DD5-A23B-1B8249713261_zps

https://www.justice.gov/file/1094141/download

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I see we're back to "the Mueller investigation proved nothing".  Latest newsletter must have come out.

What a relief. The long national nightmare is over. Trump and company are clean. It was a witch hunt.

Dodged a bullet there. Dog was barking up the wrong tree. Fool me once...we won't get fooled again.

I had some pretty grim thoughts about what might happen after the midterms with Mueller.

One thing we keep forgetting that Mueller has already made clear is that this was a military intelligence attack on the United States by the Russian government.  That’s not something Mueller would take lightly.

It’s becoming clear Trump is either the tip of the spear in that attack or at least a significant cog still operating.  I don’t know what is going to happen but I think a bunch of people are going to jail shortly after the midterms.  Sooner rather than later.  And it makes sense they let the American people speak in the election before Mueller drops the hammer. 

On 4/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, otisdog said:

Pence is going down no matter his current title. Too many rubles in his pockets....

On 4/10/2018 at 2:39 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Madame President Pelosi, anybody?

Remember Republicans, when Pelosi moves into the WH and your head explodes, you voted for this Orange DOTUS. You brought this on yourselves.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:05 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure what this sudden "oh he's probably just ignorant and impulsive" white-washing stance is about.  I think it's highly likely he's in it neck deep with multiple Russian banks and they know they have him by the balls.  Does that mean he's trying to sell the US down the river?  No.  Does that mean he'll act in his own best interests regarding eased sanctions, etc.?  Hell yes it does.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

When we are done, there will be a half dozen Agnew’s and Dean’s but no Nixon’s.  

On 4/10/2018 at 6:30 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

As much as I agree Trump wouldn’t have won without Kremlin assistance, it’s still on the 63,000,000 American people that voted for Dotard.  

Trump is a disaster of our own making.  We need to own it.

On 4/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, Brisketexan said:

False. The GOP Congress will do nothing. Zero. Nada. When trump fires rosenstein and Mueller (and he’s gonna fire both). Because...all that matters is their base. The GOP base is 100% Trumpkin now, so GOP officials can’t go against trump. Ever. They’ll be primaried.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:17 PM, Mapache said:

If he knows he could do time in prison he may take desperate measures.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, triplehorn said:

Whole lotta FBI/DoJ gonna clear their good names before this is over.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, wildcat09 said:

We just need to purge Fox News.

On 4/11/2018 at 7:32 AM, TornACL said:

Thanks to his clumsy writing style, Trump admitted to obstruction of justice, by name, in one of his morning idiotic tweets. 

On 4/12/2018 at 2:27 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not sure where they’re going with this, a big part of me thinks this news about Cohen and the affair payoffs is a PR smokescreen while investigators (Mueller) focus on the really egregious shit like Russian money laundering and treas.. err ah conspiracy 

On 4/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This needs to be awful.

It needs to be painful.

It needs to last so it will be remembered.

It needs to be remembered so it never happens again.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Odds of Mueller indictments dropping over the few weeks just shot up astronmically.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:42 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mueller probably knows everything.  It’s what he can prove that’s the real challenge.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, triplehorn said:

Natasha Bertrand reports: 

If there's one state that can drop the hammer on this entire WH family syndicate, it's New York.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:56 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Manafort was a back channel to the Kremlin?

no shit?

On 4/20/2018 at 12:53 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

I can’t tell if the hookers comment from Putin was Putin fucking with Trump or a not-so-subtle reminder that he knows about the pee pee tape

On 4/26/2018 at 11:13 PM, SKJ said:

I mean, I'm only in this thing to see Trump's eventual collapse.

I really don't know how it plays out... Can he actually break down and cry? Or will he be this shouting imbecile getting dragged away?

I just want to see this so bad

On 5/2/2018 at 11:09 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The BIG QUESTION is who else is going to get rung up for conspiracy to obstruct justice. 

On 5/2/2018 at 1:00 PM, Loco said:

I'm guessing this means trump is gonna fire Mueller...  buckle up

On 5/3/2018 at 2:20 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mueller getting fired works in the democrats favor and the investigation doesn’t go away with Mueller getting terminated.

Rosenstein needs more protection than Mueller because if he gets replaced, a stooge could seriously hamstring the Mueller investigation.

I personally think none of this shit matters because the central investigation is a lot closer to wrapping up than most think.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:22 PM, triplehorn said:

If Trump didn't care to heed the advice post-raid on a Cohen wiretap of unknown duration, I'll go out on a limb and suggest he knows he's fucked based on previous conversations with his fixer. 

Trump on tape, ladies and gentlemen, with a man playing a central role in negotiating with Russians throughout this whole affair.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:22 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If you thought the Manafort indictments were damning, just wait and seeing everything they hit Micheal Cohen with if he doesn’t flip.

but I think he flips.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:26 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Can we implement crowdsource banning?  Tahoe needs to be the first out the door.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How awesome would it be if Devin Nunes was the next person indicted in the Mueller investigation?

On 5/14/2018 at 10:36 PM, kevwun said:

China is bribing the President of the United States in broad daylight.  Does anyone even care?

On 5/14/2018 at 10:56 PM, hobbes2702 said:

Anytime someone says that there is nothing to impeach the president for... emoluments. Should have happened already.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:44 AM, ndawg said:

Just because they lack the basic competence necessary to orchestrate a vast international conspiracy doesn't mean they aren't the centerpiece of one. I wouldn't be surprised to find Putin pulling the strings of some very dimwitted puppets.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:07 PM, triplehorn said:

I think we'll be shocked when we find out how deep it goes --significantly worse than what is superficially known and suspected.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:36 PM, jimmyjazz said:

If I were a betting man I would guess that the web does extend into career DC politicians, but not on a wholesale level.  Some may have gotten caught up in a money grab, perhaps late in the game.  Others are probably guilty of "hearing things" and half looking the other way, because votes.  

Is this a vast empire of corruption run in an efficient manner by one central actor?  No way.  Not even if that actor is Putin himself.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

The President is still subject to bribery laws. There are a number of official acts that appear to have been quid pro quo for money. Let’s hold off on being really deferential to prior DOJ policy here. We, as a country, have never dealt with this level of corruption 

On 5/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, Brisketexan said:

My prediction (again, freely concede that it is speculative, as none of us have all the facts yet) remains the same:

(1) Mueller's report is going to reveal material criminal activity on the part of the POTUS

(2) Congress either fails to impeach or fails to convict, because the GOP will NOT turn on Trump because it would cost the loyalty of the base

(3) I don't know WHAT the fuck happens next, when you have what amounts to a proven criminal sitting in the White House, who is effectively "above the law" because his party controls the only apparatus that can remove him.  But I assure, you, whatever happens....is bad.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:15 AM, Nolacycling said:

I believe he will resign. Whatever means they use to convince him, either taking a financial hit or jail time, he will get out. It'll be like the lawyers we have on here that say if a settlement is made in a case and guilt is not acknowledged than nobod is guilty and that's the way he will spin it..

On 5/19/2018 at 2:19 PM, sugar said:

And this is everybody getting all this curious international favoritism.

Trump is totally vulnerable to blackmail. From terrorist harboring states now too! Fuck Trump. He's basically a mafia terrorist. Arrest him immediately. Trump is as felonious and antagonistic to American interests as Osama Bin Laden.

On 5/19/2018 at 3:07 PM, JimmyJames said:

Trump and crew are traitors. Anyone who supports him at this point is complicit. 

On 5/19/2018 at 3:11 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There hasn’t been a public hanging in a few years.  I recommend one for this fellow and his family. Nothing better than watching you’re fired shit and piss himself under the gallows.  

On 5/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, RayDog said:

The DOJ and FBI need to clarify with Shera Bechard whether her affair was with Broidy or Trump. The new information on Broidy and his KSA and UAE dealings makes it looks like Broidy was paying Trump on behalf of the gulf princes by paying off the playmate.

This article lays it out.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/more-evidence-that-broidy-was-covering-for-trump-in-affair.html

On 5/22/2018 at 7:55 PM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

They forgot about the raping the 13 year old case.

On 5/29/2018 at 6:22 PM, JimmyJames said:

Here’s the good news:

Trump is a straight up criminal, Mueller has the proof, and trumps supporters are mainly olds who are going to die relatively soon.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:37 PM, Bevo VIII said:

You’re definitely crying wolf on the timelines and indictments stuff. Just chill and let it happen. You don’t have to guess every little detail and when it will happen.

On 6/18/2018 at 8:20 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Trying to decide which one of these fuckers I want to see dangling from the end of a rope the most is like trying to decide on the hottest coed in a sundress and cowboy boots at the first tailgate of football season. 

On 7/11/2018 at 5:14 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just a reminder that our elected officials are putting career FBI people on trial and not the people conspiring with the Kremlin.

• Fuck You 4