The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

https://www.businessinsider.com/matthew-whitaker-robert-mueller-investigation-defunding-2018-11

Apparently the new AG previously floated a plan to simply strip necessary funding from Mueller rather than firing him.   I wonder if they will go this route . . . strip funding and do everything possible to limit the scope of the investigation rather than firing.  It would be similar to the way they made sure the Kavanaugh investigation lacked teeth.  And that plan would be a lot less likely to draw public ire than firing Mueller since most Americans are incapable of understanding something this nuanced.   Hopefully the investigation is far enough along that none of this matters.  

3 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

How so?  Desperation last ditch attempt to discredit Mueller before firing him?

Yeah, pretty much.  

The timing just seemed so odd and you can tell they had been planning it out for a long time.  They may not have known how they were going to smear Mueller but it looked like they settled on a time to do it. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, pretty much.  

The timing just seemed so odd and you can tell they had been planning it out for a long time.  They may not have known how they were going to smear Mueller but it looked like they settled on a time to do it. 

That plan did not seem like they had been been planning it out a long time. lulz

2 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

That plan did not seem like they had been been planning it out a long time. lulz

Like I said, the smear might not have been thought out but the delivery system was.

When was Surefire Intelligence set up? April 2016 according to this:

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/surefire-intelligence#section-overview

They set this phony company up knowing one day they were going to use it as a front to produce X fake documents to damage X person.

Obviously they were idiots about it and got busted in the most hilarious fashion but if they pulled it off, they could have convinced a large ignorant segment of the population.

Do you even old school active measures?

Project Veritas 

Devin Nunes

#Releasethememo

These are not the best people but they can do a lot of damage with little consequences.

21 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/matthew-whitaker-robert-mueller-investigation-defunding-2018-11

Apparently the new AG previously floated a plan to simply strip necessary funding from Mueller rather than firing him.   I wonder if they will go this route . . . strip funding and do everything possible to limit the scope of the investigation rather than firing.  It would be similar to the way they made sure the Kavanaugh investigation lacked teeth.  And that plan would be a lot less likely to draw public ire than firing Mueller since most Americans are incapable of understanding something this nuanced.   Hopefully the investigation is far enough along that none of this matters.  

Is there even a limit to how much Mueller can farm out the investigation with overlaps and redundancy ?  We KNOW this has already been going on.  For example, you're not going to defund US Atty's offices at SDNY, EDVA, etc. who are also already holding the goods.  It's like squeezing a balloon.  You constrict it in one area and it expands in another.  

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

No reason the Mueller probe shouldn’t be concluded.  If they have him, take him.  The whole “Hugo, noose tightening” rhetoric needs some hard facts.

Unless they keep finding more dirt as they dig. Mueller's charter isn't just to investigate trump, but also "any other matter that may arise in the course of the investigation"

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

No reason the Mueller probe shouldn’t be concluded.  If they have him, take him.  The whole “Hugo, noose tightening” rhetoric needs some hard facts.

The president thus far has not cooperated with the investigation. That's one good reason why it shouldn't be concluded.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Clearly you would rather have the issue.  There is no practical reason not to move on Trump if there is anything  incriminating at this point.

If Trump colluded it’s going to run deep and with many many people. At that point it’s not just about Trump but those above him and below Putin. You need to destroy the entire pipeline.

46 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Clearly you would rather have the issue.  There is no practical reason not to move on Trump if there is anything  incriminating at this point.

Are you a seasoned prosecutor?  If not, you can go ahead and shut the fuck up about this issue. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

COME ON!  IT'S BEEN 18 MONTHS!!! DO SOMETHING!

18 months isn’t enough time to compile evidence against the antichrist?

I mean what is it?  Is he the criminal matermind that takes years to break, or the fucking dotard who can't tie his own shoes?

They actually are mutually exclusive.

He's a lifetime white collar criminal. You could investigate Trump in perpetuity. If Trump agreed tomorrow to testify under oath, there would still be more to uncover due to tomorrow being a clean slate in which this factory of crime has to one-up himself. As is, this has still been a relatively short investigation, so eat shit, you whiney bitch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, triplehorn said:

I really hope this is true, and that Mueller has protected this investigation many times over, but at this point, it's all just speculation. I don't like the way people on the left are making Mueller out to be some MENSA mastermind of law enforcement, as it could be false hope. I'm sure he's a smart guy with a lot of smart people around him, but he is still human. 

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I really hope this is true, and that Mueller has protected this investigation many times over, but at this point, it's all just speculation. I don't like the way people on the left are making Mueller out to be some MENSA mastermind of law enforcement, as it could be false hope. I'm sure he's a smart guy with a lot of smart people around him, but he is still human. 

They've known what kind of person Trump is, and how he has been operating all along.  No surprises here.  It's trench warfare.  You prepare in advance and position yourself accordingly.  It's unique because of the inherent protections and power conferred to a sitting POTUS, but they understand that.

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

i member

Why do you mention it?  Does the fact that Trump fired Sessions somehow mean that Sessions had no role in Russian collusion?  I'm not getting the gotcha.

Because it's funny to look back in hindsight at the nonsense that's spun up at various times related to the collusion narrative. 

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I tend to agree. Honestly Mueller and his team may be the smartest, most capable law enforcement grouping on the planet (honestly they probably are) but they are still just people. 

I have seen a lot of tweets like that which exclaim "Trump does X, Mueller saw this coming a mile away and must have done A,B,C and D months ago because he knew it would happen!!!"  It just seems contrived, like they are writing a book of fiction and making him out to be some Batman type of superhero fighting against the Riddler. It's overzealous to say the least, and likely foolish to think he's some impenetrable force with a crystal ball and a 6th sense for everything.

Although, the fabricated sexual allegation plot does appear to be evidence that he does have some serious shit on Trump Co., and they don't have any legitimate recourse for his investigation. Not sure how much Trump and Co. had to do with that, if anything, but it reeks of desperation. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Because it's funny to look back in hindsight at the nonsense that's spun up at various times related to the collusion narrative. 

I'm not seeing how firing Sessions allows any conclusions to be drawn.  The same range of possible roles is still on the table.  Firing him doesn't mean he's now suddenly going to snitch if he's guilty of coordinating.  Firing him also doesn't change anything if he's guilty and a cooperating witness.  He also could know noetzing, and say noetzing.  His firing doesn't reveal anything except Trump's panicked desperation.

Just now, triplehorn said:

I'm not seeing how firing Sessions allows any conclusions to be drawn.  The same range of possible roles is still on the table.  Firing him doesn't mean he's now suddenly going to snitch if he's guilty of coordinating.  Firing him also doesn't change anything if he's guilty and a cooperating witness.  He also could know noetzing, and say noetzing.  His firing doesn't reveal anything except Trump's panicked desperation.

Sessions is a cooperating witness? You actually think that's in play. You think that he was a linchpin in the Russian collusion, then recused himself from covering his own ass when appointed AG so that he could turn to super top secret cooperating witness protecting the investigation into his collusion, before ultimately being fired for not reeling in the investigation. This shit hurts the brain dawg.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I have seen a lot of tweets like that which exclaim "Trump does X, Mueller saw this coming a mile away and must have done A,B,C and D months ago because he knew it would happen!!!"  It just seems contrived, like they are writing a book of fiction and making him out to be some Batman type of superhero fighting against the Riddler. It's overzealous to say the least, and likely foolish to think he's some impenetrable force with a crystal ball and a 6th sense for everything.

Although, the fabricated sexual allegation plot does appear to be evidence that he does have some serious shit on Trump Co., and they don't have any legitimate recourse for his investigation. Not sure how much Trump and Co. had to do with that, if anything, but it reeks of desperation. 

A couple months ago, Frank Figliuzzi, former Director of FBI Counterintelligence, explained about Mueller likely having "bundles of sealed indictments ready to hit 'send'."  He spoke with familiarity about how these things go.  It's not really superhero fiction stuff.  It's just how you successfully take down mob style operators.  The team of prosecutors Mueller assembled has the chops.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Sessions is a cooperating witness? You actually think that's in play. You think that he was a linchpin in the Russian collusion, then recused himself from covering his own ass when appointed AG so that he could turn to super top secret cooperating witness protecting the investigation into his collusion, before ultimately being fired for not reeling in the investigation. This shit hurts the brain dawg.  

Unlike you, I didn't draw any conclusions.  It's all still on the table. 

Sessions was inner circle back in the Papadop/Mayflower Rosneft days of the Spring of '16.  If shit went down, he was present for it.  There's a range of possibilities that stem from that.

Spoiler

Papadopoulos_Sessions-e1525102369131.jpe

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Sessions was inner circle back in the Papadop/Mayflower Rosneft days of the Spring of '16.  If shit went down, he was present for it.  There's a range of possibilities that stem from that.

The most obvious of which, if he was indeed in the inner circle of a grand collusion conspiracy involving the brokerage of Russian business interests, would be as newly appointed and confirmed AG to squash the investigation that had him squarely in the sights.  

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The most obvious of which, if he was indeed in the inner circle of a grand collusion conspiracy involving the brokerage of Russian business interests, would be as newly appointed and confirmed AG to squash the investigation that had him squarely in the sights.  

That's certainly the idea Trump had before Sessions recused.  Sessions lied about Russia contacts in his Senate confirmation hearing, just like Trump, Don Jr, Kushner, etc. all lied about Russia contacts back in the beginning.  We don't know what Sessions' true conscience about all of this has been.  His endurance to not resign through all Trump's searing personal abuse served to shield the investigation from Trump's assault on everyone and everything tied to the investigation.  It's certainly one possibility Sessions stumbled into knowing too much, got roped into a cover responsibility, and realized at some point he should change sides.  Hugo out front should have told ya.

Anastasis is being provocative here trying to pretend people claimed Sessions was some mastermind in the grand conspiracy.  No one made that claim. The Russians clearly tried to compromise Sessions with the meetings he later lied about, maybe they tried to bribe or blackmail him too.

It doesn’t appear to have worked.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anastasis is being provocative here trying to pretend people claimed Sessions was some mastermind in the grand conspiracy.  No one made that claim.

I don't think that I ever used the term "mastermind". I used the term "linchpin". I think that his alleged role as foreign policy lead coordinating between Kushner, the Trump campaign, and the Russians the brokerage of the multi-billion dollar rosfnet deal, which triple alludes to above, meets that criteria. There were claims here that Sessions was literally caught on intelligence captures coordinating with the Russian ambassador and that Mueller had access to those captures and was deploying them in his interviews of Sessions.  We went from that, to Sessions has flipped and is the last firewall protecting Mueller.  Maybe that's what happened. Probably not. Either way, I think that Sessions is a huge piece of shit so good riddance for the time being. 

I've only heard one reason for Sessions agreeing to resign. Someone on CNN said that he was resigned to being fired and that it was only a matter of time. Well, make Cheeto fire you.

I understand that he was essentially fired, but why not stand your ground and make King Mushroom fire you.