The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Bevo VIII said:

If the dems take house or senate you’ll see republicans slowly start to turn on Trump imo.

I don't think that the house alone does it. They will justify to themselves based on historical midterm trends. Now if the Senate flips, shit gonna get good. 

17 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Can't wait for the impeachment & indictment momentum to rachet up again, led by tonight's crushing rebuke of him. It's gonna be fun watching that pig squirm.

Women absolutely despise that man. They're gonna castrate him. 

The FBI hates him too. He's gonna get Waco'd.

I'm sure there will be many Republicans who turn their back on him, like Cohen did, when he begins to burn alive.

Witch vengeance.

I hope youre right but I'm pretty beaten down 

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

I don't know if that specific synagogue was doing anything for refugees. Synagogues do a lot of good work though.

They were targeted because of the conspiracy theory that Soros, and Jewish people in general, are funding the caravan. That BS was spread by Trump and continues to be spread by Fox News.

Yes.  They did.  Part of the reason the shooter targeted them is because they were doing work with HIAS, an organization that provides assistance to refugees, including taking part in the National Refugee Shabbat, the weekend before the shooting.  That's in addition to the targeting because of antisemitic conspiracy theories.

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And make no mistake, there will be a next time. Especially if today doesn’t go Trump’s way and he ratchets up the hateful, vengeful rhetoric.

Either way he's going to ratchet up the rhetoric.  If the GOP is successful today, they'll take that as a sign that this rhetoric is helpful.  If it's a shellacking, trump and his army of kool aid drinkers will be vengeful.  Regardless of what happens today, it's going to get worse before it can get better.

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Either way he's going to ratchet up the rhetoric.  If the GOP is successful today, they'll take that as a sign that this rhetoric is helpful.  If it's a shellacking, trump and his army of kool aid drinkers will be vengeful.  Regardless of what happens today, it's going to get worse before it can get better.

yup. been saying the same thing

Literally everything surrounding Trump smacks of criminality & illegitimacy. He's definitely an American blight. His ascension says so many wrong things about the American experiment, and about history and humanity itself. He's an evil & corrupt king, bent on a restoration of darker things & more dangerous times. What America was supposed to cure. He's an invidious trend, he's an abject injustice. He's getting people killed because he's unleashing vile minds. He says and does all the wrong things, with impunity. He has elevated unconsciounably stupid and crass psyches to positions of power. His world is a soveriegn state of gang rape, bank theft and bloodthirst. His Twitter feed is the triumphant shriek of disgraceful things. He has to fall. He has to be dissolved.

Delete his account. And erase him from history. #BeginTonight.

Edited by Agent47
  • Like 4

Sorry guys - I didn’t even realize we were discussing the Brisket brouhaha in the Mueller thread.

Today is a lot!!! Sorry for the derailment.

To bring it back to the topic, I think I’ll throw a party when Don Junior and Ivanka and Eric and Jared get hauled away in cuffs.

Wouldn’t it be some shit if Tiffany ends up the last one standing and turns the Trump Org into some social justice nonprofit while the rest rot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent47 said:

Literally everything surrounding Trump smacks of criminality & illegitimacy. He's definitely an American blight. His ascension says so many wrong things about the American experiment, and about history and humanity itself. He's an evil & corrupt king, bent on a restoration of darker things & more dangerous times. What America was supposed to cure. He's an invidious trend, he's an abject injustice. He's getting people killed because he's unleashing vile minds. He says and does all the wrong things, with impunity. He has elevated unconsciounably stupid and crass psyches to positions of power. His world is a soveriegn state of gang rape, bank theft and bloodthirst. His Twitter feed is the triumphant shriek of disgraceful things. He has to fall. He has to be dissolved.

Delete his account. And erase him from history. #BeginTonight.

The cut of your jib... I like it. 

5 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

If the dems take house or senate you’ll see republicans slowly start to turn on Trump imo.

Was listening to NPR and the verdict was they would not because it's the moderate Republicans losing the most, leaving the wack job Trumpers in power.  They are the party of Trump.

Edited by Mdhorn

40 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Was listening to NPR and the verdict was they would not because it's the moderate Republicans losing the most, leaving the wack job Trumpers in power.  They are the party of Trump.

Pretty ironic how quickly the Tea Party Republicans in congress, aka the "Freedom Caucus" warmed up to massive deficit spending. 

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Pretty ironic how quickly the Tea Party Republicans in congress, aka the "Freedom Caucus" warmed up to massive deficit spending. 

It was never about fiscal responsibility just like it was never about morality or Christianity. 

• Like 1

I wondered the same.  I could see Stone, Assange et al next, but with two more Stone witnesses visiting the GJ in recent days, maybe it’ll push past the next 7 weeks.

I don’t expect any Mueller report involving Trump to get handed to the House until this session ends.

One possibility is the NY AG takes the point before the end of the year.  Either way, Trump mob family is surrounded going forward.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Serious question: does Mueller wait until Congress is back in session to drop the hammer or does it come out this fall?

I think if he has the goods he drops the hammer sooner then later.  He wants to avoid the appearance of it looking political by waiting for the Dems.  He probably wants to wrap it up too.

Mueller is going to proceed by the book from here on out.  

The truth is we really have no idea how far along he is or how much left he has to go on the big investigation.

We know he still wants to question Trump and hasn’t. 

We know the Micheal Flynn chapter comes to an end next month. 

If anything, there should be significant revelations then. 

Another thing to consider is how much information he gathered from the 2018 midterm because you can assume some subjects were being closely watched.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

22 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I wondered the same.  I could see Stone, Assange et al next, but with two more Stone witnesses visiting the GJ in recent days, maybe it’ll push past the next 7 weeks.

I don’t expect any Mueller report involving Trump to get handed to the House until this session ends.

One possibility is the NY AG takes the point before the end of the year.  Either way, Trump mob family is surrounded going forward.

Yes. Close in on those fuckers.

Haven't seen this posted yet:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/donald-trump-jr-expecting-to-be-indicted-by-mueller-soon.html

Last year, Donald Trump Jr. testified that he never informed his father of a meeting with Russian officials promising “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. It seemed hard to believe that the ne’er-do-well son would neglect to seek credit for his expected campaign coup from the father whose approval he so obviously craves. And now it seems that Robert Mueller has obtained proof that it is not in fact true. The Trump family lies all the time, of course, but doing it under oath is a crime.

Two days ago, Gabriel Sherman reported that White House officials are concerned about Donald Jr. “I’m very worried about Don Jr.,” a former West Wing official told Sherman, who fears Mueller will be able to prove perjury. Deep in a report about Trump’s 2020 campaign plans, Politico drops the news this morning that Trump Jr. “has told friends in recent weeks that he believes he could be indicted.”

If it’s what you’re saying, we love it.

The details of the expected indictment remain to be seen. But if Trump Jr. did lie under oath, the obvious question is why. He had a lawyer, who presumably informed him of the dangers of perjury. Why take the risk of perjury to deny having informed his father about a meeting with Russian officials if the contacts produced absolutely nothing?

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dana Rohrabacher losing.  Does he get investigated at all from here on out?

I don't imagine any "new" investigation will happen of Dana.  Whatever Russia related financial complicity or other coordination occurred in Congress has likely already been fleshed out by the Feds.  Dana won't be alone if Congress gets ensnared in foreign corruption, and it's reasonable to expect that some who remain active in Congress in January as well as others who simply are resigning at the end of this session would be implicated as well.  Mueller investigation into Trump/GOP ties to NRA/Putin affiliates is certainly one avenue to watch for eventual Congressional involvement, but the apparent foreign revenue streams were multiple.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sessions gone. How quickly do things heat up

I think today or tomorrow.  They want Mueller gone before grand jury/indictment Friday.  And a couple months to let things go down the memory hole before the House can ask Mueller to testify.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sessions gone. How quickly do things heat up

faster than your mom  (glad this trend carried over). 

serious note, we would be cutting any aid or support to any ally nation that did this. This is a shit show and only getting worse. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I think today or tomorrow.  They want Mueller gone before grand jury/indictment Friday.  And a couple months to let things go down the memory hole before the House can ask Mueller to testify.

If Trump had the balls, he would have fired Mueller long before now.

His first two acts this morning are to throw a public fit and essentially fire a member of his legal team. What's on his mind huh. The Caravan?? Pittsburgh?? Tariffs?? Healthcare?? The economy??

No. It's himself. Staying out of prison. For crimes already committed. 

All this man does is commit crimes and dodge them. Everything he does it about enriching himself and amassing power (in self defense).

He's Saddam Hussein. And the right wing is destroying America by supporting and protecting this anti-americanism. Every Trump voter is complicit.

Democracy is at stake. The Constitution is at stake. Kavanaugh is a rapist who was pushed through to protect Trump against impeachment and indictment. He's gonna try to pardon himself.

Rev up the investigations and subpoenas. Do not rest until everything that man did is repealed.

He fucking stole the election. He's s fraud. He's a fake. He's a dangerous con man. He's a fucking traitor. He's an illegimate president.

Time for proof and punishment. 

27 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

faster than your mom  (glad this trend carried over). 

serious note, we would be cutting any aid or support to any ally nation that did this. This is a shit show and only getting worse. 

Yep, evidently can't trust our institutions to work like they did with Nixon. Just another day in what we think is a free democracy, but really isn't.