The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Great read "Road Map" from Lawfare:  The Watergate Road Map: What It Says and What It Suggests for Mueller

"The first striking thing about the “Road Map” is that it is not written in the voice of Jaworski at all. Unlike the Starr Report, which was a report by the prosecutors who investigated President Bill Clinton, this report is a court document, a “Report and Recommendation” from the grand jury itself combined with a document entitled “Material in the Grand Jury’s Possession Having a Material Bearing on Matters Within the Primary Jurisdiction of the United States House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary Relating to Questions of Impeachment.” The report is signed not by Jaworski but by “Foreman, June 5, 1972 Grand Jury.”

The document, in other words, is crafted not as a prosecutor’s report on his findings but as an action by the same citizens who handed up an indictment against the Watergate conspirators. It is even, in its very first sentence, crafted as something akin to an extension of that indictment. The grand jury declares at the outset that it has “heard evidence that has led it to return the indictment being submitted herewith. 

[..]

The second striking feature of the document is its spareness. [...] An inexorable logic marched through its pages. The conclusion that the President of the United States took part in a criminal conspiracy became inescapable.”

[...]

As Jaworski later wrote, in its final form, the Road Map had “no comments, no interpretations, and not a word or phrase of accusatory nature. The ‘road map’ was simply that—a series of guideposts if the House Judiciary Committee wished to follow them.”

This brings us to the third striking feature of the document: It is almost entirely non-argumentative. In this regards it is a world away from the Starr Report, which laid out a lengthy narrative and then included a set of legal interpretations arguing that the facts reported might be grounds for impeachment. The Road Map entirely lacks a thesis. It does not include any hypotheses about what might constitute an impeachable offense. It does not argue that Nixon committed any impeachable offense. It actually does not even argue that he committed any crimes. It simply makes a series of factual claims, each written in a spare and clinical fashion, each supported with citations to material the special prosecutor’s office provided to Congress.

The grand jury’s only thesis, such as it is, was “that the evidence referred to above [should] be transmitted forthwith to the House Judiciary Committee for such use as it considers appropriate.” 

[...]

Doing less, rather than more, has helped insulate Mueller against similar charges. The insulation has not been total, but it has helped a lot. The Road Map is a fine example of how not to fan flames, in a politicized environment, that are apt to blow back on a prosecutor.

Second and relatedly, the Road Map is extremely careful not to do—or seem to do—Congress’s job for it. The power to impeach is a congressional function in which no executive-branch official plays a role—except as the object of the impeachment."

---> It sounds like the Mueller report will essentially be a straight forward, unembellished, non-interpretive document derived from citizen Grand Jury findings related to criminal conduct.  It's essentially a detailed document of indictments to be handed over to House Judiciary.

Edited by triplehorn

8 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It's essentially a detailed document of indictments to be handed over to House Judiciary.

And that right there is why it's critical the dems win the house. Gotta have control of one chamber to gain subpoena power and start shining a light on all this shit

• Like 2

Showing up to a press conference with a conspiracy theorist who is covered in flop sweat with his pants unzipped is part of the plan.  You may be laughing now, but you'll be slightly giggling later.  Checkmate.  Game.  You just got Wohl'd.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Dq7lMVUU4AIlWeD?format=jpg&name=small

Staff:  Excuse me, sir.  I apologize but we need this at the moment.  Excuse me?  Oh, no sir, this is a linen cart, not a podium.  

Looks like the back of a microwave stacked on top of the back of another indiscernible appliance. How funny would that be: the idea that he could be nuking his nut sack as he speaks while his buddy waits his turn, fly unzipped in anticipation. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

While this gives us just another little piece of the puzzle, I’m getting sick of the Roger Stone stories.  

Starting to think the Roger Stone storyline is intended distract from what Mueller is really going after.

Just arrest the fucker already. 

52 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

36 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Nothing says attention to detail and research quite like a misspelling in your Bio heading.  Want to know about the quality of his services?  No need to read beyond his handle. 

Want to know about the quality of his services?  No need to look beyond the shirtless vacation photo. 

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Dq7lMVUU4AIlWeD?format=jpg&name=small

Staff:  Excuse me, sir.  I apologize but we need this at the moment.  Excuse me?  Oh, no sir, this is a linen cart, not a podium.  

"And if you buy my book on building real estate wealth today, I'll throw in my precious metals buyers guide absolutely free!" 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That boy is a fella who flogs his dolphin....a LOT.  Like, he wishes he was paid by the stroke.

Chances he has had an unpaid sexual encounter (with a female)....the same as Mr. Blutarski's GPA.

I don't know, this girl is probably dumb enough to fuck him. 

DlO6e96U0AA8SK-.jpg

This Wohl kid is a nut, and I can't imagine that he will ever recover from this humiliation.  Seriously, I can't remember somebody stepping on their own dick in such spectacular fashion. 

I fear that this hilarious book won't have a happy ending.  

Edited by Gil Bang

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

This Wohl kid is a nut, and I can't imagine that he will ever recover from this humiliation.  Seriously, I can't remember somebody stepping on their own dick in such spectacular fashion. 

I fear that this hilarious book won't have a happy ending.  

The first thing I remember knowing,
Was a lonesome whistle blowing,
And a young un's dream of growing up to ride,
On a freight train leaving town,
Not knowing where I'm bound,
And no one could change my mind but Mama tried
One and only rebel child,
From a family, meek and mild,
My Mama seemed to know what lay in store
Despite my Sunday learning,
Towards the bad, I kept turning
'Til Mama couldn't hold me anymore

I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole.
No one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading, I denied
That leaves only me to blame 'cause Mama tried

Dear old Daddy, rest his soul,
Left my Mom a heavy load,
She tried so very hard to fill his shoes
Working hours without rest,
Wanted me to have the best
She tried to raise me right but I refused

And I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole
No one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading I denied
That leaves only me to blame 'cause Mama tried

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Dude, there are a dozen dipshits just in Trump’s immediate orbit who have fail-giffed as badly as Wohl.  Carter Page; The Mooch; that drunk Numberg; Cohen; Giuliani; Dersh; Chris Christie; that dingleberry who bought $20 grand worth of furniture; etc., etc.  This is the clown car of presidential administrations.  It houses an endless supply of idiots ready to pants themselves for the nation’s amusement.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 8