The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What makes you think that’s all he’s charged with? 

Nothing. 

If anything, Mueller has good reason to hold back.  Put these sorry sacks in jumpsuits, let them sleep on a shitty mattress, watch their ankles swell from the salty mess they're fed, and start to have lingering doubts about Trump fixing it.  Then let their memory go to work.  Just like what is happening w Manafort (Manafort is still holding firm and remaining mostly uncooperative).  Superseding indictments (especially sealed ones) are a big ace in the sleeve to thwart ongoing attempts at obstruction from Trump.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Nothing. 

If anything, Mueller has good reason to hold back.  Put these sorry sacks in jumpsuits, let them sleep on a shitty mattress, watch their ankles swell from the salty mess they're fed, and start to have lingering doubts about Trump fixing it.  Then let their memory go to work.  Just like what is happening w Manafort (Manafort is still holding firm and remaining mostly uncooperative).  Superseding indictments (especially sealed ones) are a big ace in the sleeve to thwart ongoing attempts at obstruction from Trump.

At some point you’ve got to start putting the bad guys in prison.  No more fucking deals. 

Corsi isn’t going to beg for money while saying he is about to be charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States.

THIS GUY IS THE ORIGINAL BIRTHER.

He’s probably getting charged with perjury and some other shit.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

I could see Corsi getting charged with perjury, but the substance of the indictment reading like there's a lot more in the balance for unnamed others.

I could see a roundup with multiple individuals getting charged with conspiracy to defraud including Roger Stone, WikiLeaks, Caputo, Credico, and others.  

I mean,  look at this chart.

DrWwfpYXQAAmc83?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is what Mueller has been working on for a year.

I’m looking at the next Mueller move as a season finale, not just one guy getting popped for perjury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Perjury trap is such a crock of shit.  I've had a few Trumpkins try to use that as the reason that the Dotard won't sit down for an interview.  Here's an idea, don't f'n act like you're allergic to the truth all the time and you won't be charged with perjury.

How to avoid a perjury trap:

Step 1: Assume Mueller and his team know the truth.

Step 2: Tell the truth.

The end.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Really, that's the ONLY step, in any situation, to avoid the perjury trap.  When I prep my clients for deposition or trial testimony, literally the first and last thing I tell them is "tell the truth."  You don't have to remember and keep your story straight, you don't have to worry about whether there's some other evidence out there to catch you in your lie, or any of that stuff.  It's really amazing, and it cures so many ills -- just tell the truth.

Hell, I've been deposed.  I never once worried about getting caught in a perjury trap, because I....say it with me, folks.... TOLD THE TRUTH.  See, that's how NON-criminals behave.  So, I understand how this is really perplexing and challenging for Trump and those in his orbit.

• Like 3

I’ve been deposed too and it’s just a good life rule in general to always tell the truth.  That way you can never get caught in a lie and don’t have anything to worry about.  It’s also the best way to build good business and social relationships, you know, being honest?  Crazy isn’t it. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Really, that's the ONLY step, in any situation, to avoid the perjury trap.  When I prep my clients for deposition or trial testimony, literally the first and last thing I tell them is "tell the truth."  You don't have to remember and keep your story straight, you don't have to worry about whether there's some other evidence out there to catch you in your lie, or any of that stuff.  It's really amazing, and it cures so many ills -- just tell the truth.

Hell, I've been deposed.  I never once worried about getting caught in a perjury trap, because I....say it with me, folks.... TOLD THE TRUTH.  See, that's how NON-criminals behave.  So, I understand how this is really perplexing and challenging for Trump and those in his orbit.

My point is that there is no such thing as a perjury trap.  What there is is a prosecutor that knows the truth and thus knows when you’re lying. 

Corsi says Mueller team "turned my brain to mush" with their questioning.   

So, some very skilled, very experienced prosecutors got him confused about whatever bullshit story he had fabricated?  That's what it sounds like to me. 

Corsi's such a pretentious douchebag.  No doubt, he thought that he could outsmart the Mueller team.  He found out the hard way that he was the dumbest guy in the room that day.  He was so, so sure that he was the smartest. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

How to avoid a perjury trap:

Step 1: Assume Mueller and his team know the truth.

The end.  

But that's the thing. He can't. It's who he is and he's cultivated that approach to his business for his whole life. Lie. Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie.

Call your every endeavor a success no matter if it fails. Call every loss a win. You're the biggest and the best that's ever been. Just keep saying it. PT Barnum was right and there will always be plenty of suckers who will fall for your bullshit. 

His own lawyers know he's incapable of telling the truth. Put him under oath and he will lie. He can't help himself. They admitted that to Mueller. That's why they're going to be given written questions which his lawyers will answer for him. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

LOL, hey bro, going insane is a blessing in prison.  Let me give you a few things you should fear...

1. Having your distal colon fashioned into a cute hat for your cellmate

2. Pissing through your asshole

3. Shitting your teeth out...so your mouth is more suitable to your new boyfriends' needs. 

So yeah, don't worry too much about going insane.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I could see a roundup with multiple individuals getting charged with conspiracy to defraud including Roger Stone, WikiLeaks, Caputo, Credico, and others.  

I mean,  look at this chart.

DrWwfpYXQAAmc83?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is what Mueller has been working on for a year.

I’m looking at the next Mueller move as a season finale, not just one guy getting popped for perjury.

A couple months ago Frank Figliuzzi, former Dir of FBI Counterintelligence said that he suspects that Mueller has "bundles" of indictments that are "ready to just have hit SEND."  This past weekend John Schindler reported that an IC source with some familiarity indicated there are "dozens" of indictments ready to drop.  So yes, I think that we're legitimately looking at dozens (>30) more individuals getting perp walked.  I've also seen it described recently that this could be a 3 year rollout moving forward.  For Trump, it may take 24 months, maybe longer, but the guy and his family would still stand to lose everything and spend many years in prison.  I don't think he finishes his first term.

Factors that favor expediency: the fact that the House is under Dem control. There will finally be willingness to do meaningful oversight and investigation which certainly could be an accelerant to Mueller advancing.  Also, if there is a blizzard of indictments soon, it's too much for Trump to just pardon all away. 

Corsi saying he's getting popped for perjury could very well be an intentionally misleading calculation to conjure public opposition around 'politicized perjury traps' ahead of some significantly more damning charges that are dropping.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, hey bro, going insane is a blessing in prison.  Let me give you a few things you should fear...

1. Having your distal colon fashioned into a cute hat for your cellmate

2. Pissing through your asshole

3. Shitting your teeth out...so your mouth is more suitable to your new boyfriends' needs. 

So yeah, don't worry too much about going insane.  

j51hgwzxumrbcd7jl9tm.gif

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Papasmurfalus is just so smug and dumb and tacky.

He’s just the worst.

And I don’t care how hot his wife is, if she’s willingly fucking that shitpickle there’s something seriously wrong with her too.

I don't think any of us with a phalus doubt that she's cray-cray.  Its just that cray-cray can be a positive in certain contexts.

Mueller reportedly plans to issue new indictments in the Russia investigation as soon as Tuesday

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller is expected to issue new indictments as part of the Russia investigation as soon as today, CBS reported on Tuesday, citing multiple sources with knowledge of the probe. 

The news comes as acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, plans to consult with Department of Justice ethics officials about whether he should recuse himself from Mueller's investigation into the Trump presidential campaign's ties to Russia. 

Since Mueller started his probe last May, his team has charged four Americans once affiliated with Trump's campaign or administration, 13 Russian nationals, 12 Russian intelligence officers, three Russian companies, and two other people. 

They include Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos, and Trump's former national security advisor Michael Flynn.

[...]

For months, Mueller has been zeroing in on the longtime GOP strategist Roger Stone and his associates. At the center of Mueller's focus is whether Stone or any other Trump associates had advance knowledge that Russia had stolen batches of emails from the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign and disseminated them via the pro-transparency group WikiLeaks.

In addition to Stone, Mueller has also zeroed in on the far-right commentator Jerome Corsi. Corsi told NBC News on Monday that Mueller's team told him he will be indicted.

"I don't recall ever meeting [WikiLeaks founder] Julian Assange or getting information from anyone about what he had including the [Clinton campaign manager John] Podesta emails," Corsi said Monday. "But they have all your emails and phone records…They're very good at the perjury trap."

"