The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

52 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Goddammit I hope when the movie comes out they portray this as the bumblefuck that it is. Not Jennifer Lawrence red sparrowing a bunch of sharp political actors.

I imagine something similar to i, tonya 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Michael Flynn 

This one is personal for me as I worked for him when I was assigned to the DIA. I briefed him, his CSM, and their support staff on our report before it went to Congress in 2009. I dont care that he is working with Mueller and his team; he betrayed his oath to the Constitution and the men and women who served under him. What he did is unforgivable and I have nothing but contempt for him. If he were on fire, I wouldn't even piss on him to save his life.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Not enough information yet to call. Maybe. 

Yes, but there’s enough information to conclude he’s either a traitor or insanely stupid.  

Pence was hand picked by Manafort to be Trump’s VP. 

Pence was head of the Trump transition team and oversaw the installation of Mike Flynn as National Security Advisor despite being warned in writing just days after the election that Flynn was basically compromised by foreign governments.  He would then lie about his knowledge of Flynn’s conflicts of interest.

He also lied about interactions with Russians and members of the Trump campaign.

https://democrats-oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/2016-11-18.EEC to Pence.pdf

If he’s not a traitor, he’s a treacherous idiot and there’s not much difference.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Buzzfeed made the right decision to publish the dossier, and every day that decision looks better and better. 

It's kind of a blow to the whole lying fake news thing since every "respectable" outlet already had it but didn't say anything about it 

It was a risky journalistic move by Buzzfeed at the time.  Releasing that thing put people’s lives in danger and Steele disappeared immediately.

Buzzfeed’s justification for publishing was legit though.  Their rationale was the IC was taking the Dossier and its reliable source seriously, therefore it was credible enough to publish. 

Even though it was only RUMINT at the time.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

This one is personal for me as I worked for him when I was assigned to the DIA. I briefed him, his CSM, and their support staff on our report before it went to Congress in 2009. I dont care that he is working with Mueller and his team; he betrayed his oath to the Constitution and the men and women who served under him. What he did is unforgivable and I have nothing but contempt for him. If he were on fire, I wouldn't even piss on him to save his life.

And that, folks, is how someone actually loyal to the country acts.

17 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

What is your opinion of intelligence officers who lie to congress about the wide scale collection of the communication data of law abiding Americans?

Edited by Anastasis

49 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What is your opinion of intelligence officers who lie to congress about the wide scale collection of the communication data of law abiding Americans?

To be clear, are you referencing wide scale collection of comms data attached to specific individual names of law abiding Americans ?  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Not that you're wrong about the near complete removal of the 4th amendment in the digital era, BUT, this is another great example of you trying to deflect just how insanely compromised the trump admin is. Stop trying to protect them. They're traitors. Acting like you're the big brain smart guy in the middle just allows the overton window to move even further to the extreme far right. 

• Like 2

Wyden’s question lacked specificity re whether any aggregated information is attached to a named US citizen on a scale of millions of named individuals.  

Clapper’s response indicates that records of aggregated comms info is not attached to named US persons as a matter of practice in accordance with the law.  But yes, a shitload of comms data on hunerds of millions of unnamed citizens occurs consistent with the law.  

Btw, You dont confirm if you are referencing vacuuming up comms on millions of named US Citizens or not.  If you are, and that is the basis of saying Clapper lying, you’ve got to do better with evidence to support that conspiracy.

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not that you're wrong about the near complete removal of the 4th amendment in the digital era, BUT, this is another great example of you trying to deflect just how insanely compromised the trump admin is. Stop trying to protect them. They're traitors.

So hard to keep up with who exactly are the traitors to the Constitution these days. 

19 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Wyden’s question lacked specificity re whether any aggregated information is attached to a named US citizen on a scale of millions of named individuals.  

Clapper’s response indicates that records of aggregated comms info is not attached to named US persons as a matter of practice in accordance with the law.  But yes, a shitload of comms data on hunerds of millions of unnamed citizens occurs consistent with the law.  

Btw, You dont confirm if you are referencing vacuuming up comms on millions of named US Citizens or not.  If you are, and that is the basis of saying Clapper lying, you’ve got to do better with evidence to support that conspiracy.

Bradley-Cooper-Wow.gif

On 8/2/2018 at 7:16 PM, JimmyJames said:

So it’s pretty obvious trump, hannity, the NRA, Lou dobbs, Alex jones, Benedict Mitch, a lot of the trump campaign, the rorbacher guy, Nunes the karate kid and prison suit Paul are traitors. Who else is definitive on your list? 

Anyone who self identifies as, or votes for any Republican after Helsinki.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Still lacking words, Ana.  

Make it a righteous smackdown.  You can do it ! 

I think that "wow" suffices.  A barrage of words is only required in this case to build out an imaginary exchange that has no basis in the reality of the Q/A between Wyden and Clapper under oath. 

2. On page 16, the indictment notes that Gucciger 2.0, the online persona used by Russian intelligence, "wrote to a person who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump"

3. The indictment states that Guccifer 2.0 has some exchanges in which it offered some of the stolen information and also solicited feedback on the meaning of some of the data therein. This was in August and September of 2016.

4. The indictment also has an entire section called "Coordination with Organization 1," detailing how Guccifer 2.0 coordinated with "Organization 1" to release the stolen emails for maximum effect to harm Hillary Clinton. Organization 1 is undoubtedly Wikileaks.

5. Associates of Roger Stone claim that in 2016, he said that he was in communication with Wikileaks, and that he had even met with Julian Assange

6. Where the Manhattan Madam, Kristin Davis, comes in is that she was on Roger Stone's payroll in late 2016. She was performing clerical work for him, including managing his email and communications. Therefore, she may be privy to the contacts and content of his communications.

7. I imagine that questions Mueller's team had about Davis' personal relationship to Stone or his paternity is to suss out what biases she has in the event that she has to testify against him. Obviously, if he's her baby daddy she might not want to get him in trouble.

8. Worth noting that what's in the recent indictment is likely not all of the info Mueller has on Guccifer 2.0's contact with (potentially) Stone. That indictment was not about Stone -- it was just detailing the GRU's modus operandi and that was a small part of it.

9. However, if the person Guccifer 2.0 was contacting was in fact Stone, and/or he had comms with Wikileaks, this is a big problem for him. The GRU officers are charged with conspiracy -- and if Stone knew the object of that conspiracy and was helping them, then he is liable also

10. And that would be a clear-cut case of "collusion." END

On 8/3/2018 at 5:41 AM, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

If he were on fire, I wouldn't even piss on him to save his life.

fingernails . . . chalkboard.  next time say it like this:  only reason i wouldn't piss on him is if he were on fire.

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Would the US government be willing to give Assange a plea deal if he cooperated?  Would he go for it?  Is it worth it given his part in all of this?

The US should put him up in a nice place and let him keep running WikiLeaks except instead of publishing our secrets, he publishes Russia’s and China’s only. 

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Would the US government be willing to give Assange a plea deal if he cooperated?  Would he go for it?  Is it worth it given his part in all of this?

Like Manafort, doubt he'd take it even if offered.  He's been in self imposed solitary confinement for a long time, which tells you something about how much more extensive his knowledge and involvement has been with a foreign force hostile to the US.  He can't serve up Vlad, so he'll rot.

I think his situation would make him open to cooperating.  Being stuck in the Ecuadorian embassy  has probably gotten him to the point where he would consider it.  His cooperation would embarrass Putin at the very least and would offer up Trump on a silver platter, which is the main thing that concerns us.  He would definitely need protection, but spending your life stuck under Putin's thumb isn't very appealing either.  Jail is his only other way out of that embassy.

Edited by kevwun

32 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I agree he deserves to be punished, but his cooperation makes things very easy for Mueller.

buy that.  just would be nice if mueller has enough that he can slow-cook him and manafort and a few others.

edit:  it wouldn't cause me undue doodoo if that facebook prick is an other.

Edited by yaqdum

7 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

buy that.  just would be nice if mueller has enough that he can slow-cook him and manafort and a few others.

He does.  He's got all the corners nailed down with Flynn, Gates, Papadopolous, Nader, (Cohen ?) as cooperating witnesses.

The train has left the station.

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

He does.  He's got all the corners nailed down with Flynn, Gates, Papadopolous, Nader, (Cohen ?) as cooperating witnesses.

The train has left the station.

that's exactly my impression.  i get the feeling we're in the short strokes.

On 8/3/2018 at 6:06 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes, but there’s enough information to conclude he’s either a traitor or insanely stupid.  

Pence was hand picked by Manafort to be Trump’s VP. 

Pence was head of the Trump transition team and oversaw the installation of Mike Flynn as National Security Advisor despite being warned in writing just days after the election that Flynn was basically compromised by foreign governments.  He would then lie about his knowledge of Flynn’s conflicts of interest.

He also lied about interactions with Russians and members of the Trump campaign.

https://democrats-oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/2016-11-18.EEC to Pence.pdf

If he’s not a traitor, he’s a treacherous idiot and there’s not much difference.

I agree that there’s a lot of evidence that Pence thinks about sucking dicks in bathrooms for money, I’m just not yet completely convinced that he does yet. He might suck dicks in bathrooms for money. Not saying he doesn’t. But I’ll guess we shall see.