The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

18 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

No, his usage makes sense.  Yours was an obvious mistake from a troll with multiple socks.  But it's so telling that you are desperate to seize on something like this 6 weeks after outing yourself. 

lulz.  Was a joke.  Get a life.  Still have not shown I have any socks because I don't.  But keep it up.

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

This didn’t age well.

Really?  You still think something will come out of this meeting?  Based on what?  Did you actually read the transcripts?

As usual you guys are so focused on gotcha that you just make yourselves look like fools.  

No one has ever said that the genesis of the meeting was not to get possible dirt on Hillary.  What everyone has said is that at the actual meeting, there was no dirt shared or offerred about Hillary and that the meeting went straight to Magnisky Act stuff and adoptions.  This is supported by the testimony of every participant in the meeting.  What do you expect Mueller to do with this?

Trump Jr. made an on the record statement back in July of 2017 saying the initial request for the meeting was to get possible dirt on Hillary.  This has been out there for a long time.  If you guys can find one single quote from Trump that indicates that he said the intent or genesis of the meeting was about adoptions then you might catch him in a lie.  Trump has only commented previously about the actual meeting and what went on.  

I would love for any one of you to come up with a theory of how this meeting will hurt Trump with Mueller.

It is alo still so funny to me that none of you can make any kind of answer out of the following:

If Trump and co have been compromised by Putin for so long through shady financial dealings and a dossier of blackmail material and direct ownership of Manafort and possibly Flynn and all of that that you guys apparently believe, then why would Putin reach out to Trump via an email that every intelligence guy in both Russia and the US knows will likely be captured from some unknown agent like Goldstone?  Why have them waltz into Trump Tower on various cameras?  It is the most illogical thing ever.  Why reach out to some underlings like Papa and Page?  

I don't think any of you can actually articulate what you actually think happened anymore.  It is just Trump and everyone around him is a traitor.  And it is based on exactly no credible public evidence.  None.  It is just Trump is going down and Mueller will get him.

I have posted 100s of times that I fully support Mueller and will be one of the first in line to call for impeachments if there is evidence that Trump committed crimes.  I have said that TRump should be impeached if he fired Mueller.  I like Rod Rosenstein.  I suspect that the vast majority of you will not accept the Mueller findings.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

If Trump and co have been compromised by Putin for so long through shady financial dealings and a dossier of blackmail material and direct ownership of Manafort and possibly Flynn and all of that that you guys apparently believe, then why would Putin reach out to Trump via an email that every intelligence guy in both Russia and the US knows will likely be captured from some unknown agent like Goldstone?  Why have them waltz into Trump Tower on various cameras?  It is the most illogical thing ever.  Why reach out to some underlings like Papa and Page?  

The Russians want chaos.  They want to undermine NATO.  They want the American public not to trust its various institutions, political and otherwise.

If there are shenanigans going on to undermine the electoral process, you can't make the American public lose faith in the electoral process if they never find out about said shenanigans.

The fact that it's the Republicans, and not the commie libtards, that are cozy with the Russians, makes the shenanigans all the more powerful and effective.

Look at Butina.  There is a reason why she was all over the place, all over social media.

3 hours ago, Pods said:

Donald Trump has never been embarrassed in his life. He is not capable of processing that emotion. 

Respectfully disagree, Obama correspondents dinner.  Also, that’s Trump’s biggest fear, being exposed as a complete fraud. That’s more frightening than jail to him.  He with throw his whole family and the country under the bus to retain his image in the eyes of his followers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Russians want chaos.  They want to undermine NATO.  They want the American public not to trust its various institutions, political and otherwise.

If there are shenanigans going on to undermine the electoral process, you can't make the American public lose faith in the electoral process if they never find out about said shenanigans.

The fact that it's the Republicans, and not the commie libtards, that are cozy with the Russians, makes the shenanigans all the more powerful and effective.

Look at Butina.  There is a reason why she was all over the place, all over social media.

This just does not make any sense.  When you describe what Russia wants I assume that includes what Putin wants.  What benefit is it to Russia for the world to find out they undermined the electoral process in our elections?  All that has resulted is additional financial sanctions on Russia, additional mistrust of Russia by the rest of the world, Germany publicly announcing they will move away from dependence on Russian gas, Brittain hitting them with sanctions etc.  

When Russia annexed Crimea and got involved in the Uraine, much of the world imposed sanctions on them but some did not.  Russia was royally pissed and their economy suffered greatly.  Do you think it is more or less likely that sanctions would continue or get stronger if the world found out that Russia is actively trying to undermine all of their elections?

I will glady admit that Russia enjoys stirring up chaos.  But it is absolutely illogical to think that Russia wants the world to know that they are behind the chaos.  How does that help them at all?  It just causes the rest of the world to distrust them more and makes the rest of the world willing to impose sanctions on them.  

1 hour ago, sheeeit said:

lulz.  Was a joke.  Get a life.  Still have not shown I have any socks because I don't.  But keep it up.

You're the one who brought it up, out of the blue.  And we all know it's because you're insecure about getting exposed for having multiple socks that quote and defend each other, to make it appear as if other posters agree with your trolling points.   "Get a life" is rich, coming from someone who does what you do. 

• Like 1

Sheeeits back? Is swammy next? How many questions have gone unanswered that need some answering? 

As for the mueller report, if bob Mueller comes out and says trump had nothing to do with colluding with Russia, he’s just a demented narcissist who lucked into the presidency, then I’ll accept it. For some reason I don’t expect that to be the case. 

Jesus. This is so wrong.

I’ll try to put this in terms you can understand, as it was put to a large national meeting of banking and financial services executives by Gen. Michael Hayden a few months ago. I happened to be in the room.

There is a “big kids table” of powerful, prosperous, stable nations. The United States is at the table. The big European powers of Germany and France sit at that table. So does the UK, Japan, China, Canada and others.

Russia does not have a seat. Her economic power and political influence are shrinking, and her politics are becoming less stable and certain. Russia sits at the little kids table.

Russia can’t join the big kids table as long as it is ruled by a kleptocratic oligarchy and has such a limited economic base. So each night, Putin goes around to the big kids table and saws just a little bit off the legs of the chairs. Not to elevate Russia, but to bring powerful, stable countries down to its level. Thus, Russia’s reputation is enhanced by bending the direction of great nations towards itself. It’s not only an advantage for people to think they did it; its essential to the strategy.

Nowhere in there did I read a defense of Styx....wtf?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A big takeaway from the Trump Tower conspiracy meeting is all these top campaign officials were repeatedly warned by the FBI about Russia trying to penetrate the campaign and NO ONE reported this meeting in Trump Tower to authorities.

Consciousness of guilt. 

Conspiracy to obstruct justice.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Respectfully disagree, Obama correspondents dinner.  Also, that’s Trump’s biggest fear, being exposed as a complete fraud. That’s more frightening than jail to him.  He with throw his whole family and the country under the bus to retain his image in the eyes of his followers.

You're right and the previous poster that also pointed this out is as well. I should have said Trump has no ability to experience shame. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whatever, I celebrate the entire catalog of Styx.

Likewise, but I don't consider any of the material released without Dennis DeYoung part of the Styx catalog. It's not Styx without Kilroy, so as far as I'm concerned there was no Styx concert for Maria Butina to be taken to. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

9 hours ago, Skyline said:

This is a direct admission that Trump lied about the contents of the meeting, and asked his subordinates to lie as well. Pretty soon, everyone will just admit to colluding and the senate won't give a shit. 

It almost seems like we're already there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It almost seems like we're already there. 

Initially, they didn't know any Russians, then did but didn't meet, then met but didn't collude, didn't collude but it's not against the law if they did, talked about adoptions but then only about Hillary's emails but not about anything else and didn't get any information.  There's so much actual tweeted and RECORDED bullshit.  It doesn't point to ignorance or a disinformation smoke screen, it just spells LIES.  It all shows he lies continuously.  The Russians don't generally meet in a foreign country to present nothing and get nothing in return.  That's just empty bullshit.  It was hidden until it wasn't for a reason and it certainly wasn't to hide it from Donald Trump in his own gotdamn hotel a floor beneath him.  Not everybody is his moronic base.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Jesus. This is so wrong.

I’ll try to put this in terms you can understand, as it was put to a large national meeting of banking and financial services executives by Gen. Michael Hayden a few months ago. I happened to be in the room.

There is a “big kids table” of powerful, prosperous, stable nations. The United States is at the table. The big European powers of Germany and France sit at that table. So does the UK, Japan, China, Canada and others.

Russia does not have a seat. Her economic power and political influence are shrinking, and her politics are becoming less stable and certain. Russia sits at the little kids table.

Russia can’t join the big kids table as long as it is ruled by a kleptocratic oligarchy and has such a limited economic base. So each night, Putin goes around to the big kids table and saws just a little bit off the legs of the chairs. Not to elevate Russia, but to bring powerful, stable countries down to its level. Thus, Russia’s reputation is enhanced by bending the direction of great nations towards itself. It’s not only an advantage for people to think they did it; its essential to the strategy.

A few things here.  I have read a bit of Hayden's stuff and I think he is pretty smart and pretty accurate.  I agree with the bulk of what you wrote about Russia wanting greater global respect and a seat at the big table.  I even agree that what you said about Russia wanting people to "think they did it" is true.

But there is a massive distinction between wanting people to suspect you are behind something and having people know you are behind something.  If someone is messing with me and I suspect I know who it is but I can do nothing to prove it, then I am vulnerable to them and I have to take them seriously.  They have shown that they can mess with me and suffer no consequences.  I can not retaliate against them because I have no proof.  However, if I catch them red handed and have the facts to back it up, then I can go after them as hard as I want.

Hayden has said the exact same thing.  He has said that Russia hacking information from the US like the DNC hack was "artful" and something we would do to if we could.  he said Russia could use that info to better understand how we think and then use that knowledge to continue to sow discord.  However, he has said that when Russia made the emails public via wiki that it was a huge mistake because it now exposed Russia as the culprit and galvanised the countries at the big table against Russia.  

Russia, in no way, wanted to get caught in the election meddling.  Everything that they hoped to gain from the meddling (increased global presence, respect, power, chaos etc) they have actually lost because they got caught.  They now suffer from increased financial sanctions imposed by both the US and the EU.   The EU is openly investing billions in order to get away from independence on Russian energy.  Russia struggles to find trading partners and it is only getting worse.  Current sanctions are crippling Russia's economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/08/06/heres-how-we-know-sanctions-against-russia-are-working/?utm_term=.423de6aeaf84

https://www.ft.com/content/cad69cf4-3e40-11e8-bcc8-cebcb81f1f90

As it stands now, the fact that Russia has been caught has effectively ended any chance Russia has of sitting at the big table.  

All of which goes back to what I have suggested.  I have zero doubts that Russia meddled in the elections.  I have little doubt that Russia wanted anyone but Hillary so they tried to help Bernie and then they tried to help Trump.  What I believe is that there was no collusion/conspiracy between the Russians and Trump co.  The Trump Tower meeting is a perfect example.  Either Trump co was compromised before the meeting or not.  If they were already compromised, then a meeting like that would be monumentally stupid.  If they were not compromised, then attempting to compromise them in that way would be equally monumentally stupid.  

• Fuck You 1

I love it when the troll pretends to be reasonable, and then just slaps a completely unsupported conclusion on at the end. "Gravity is related to mass.  Water is wet.  So obviously there was no collusion at the Trump Tower meeting."  If you say so, man.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

I love it when the troll pretends to be reasonable, and then just slaps a completely unsupported conclusion on at the end. "Gravity is related to mass.  Water is wet.  So obviously there was no collusion at the Trump Tower meeting."  If you say so, man.

What's even better is the "there is no explanation for such a meeting other than the Trump campaign had a severe case of the stupids."

Well . . . yeah.

I think everyone has been caught off guard about how stupid they are.  Including the Russians.  It's working to their defense to an extend because people are looking at it and are coming away confused, because nobody is this stupid about shit at this level, right?

29 minutes ago, TornACL said:

What the dipshit trolls fail to understand is that once you've accepted and participated in a meeting with the Russians and don't notify the FBI, you've colluded. You've conspired. End of story.

It's not a crime if its not illegal*

*Depends on what your definition of "illegal" is. If your definition is "conduct prohibited by penal code," well, then yes, it might be illegal. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

What the dipshit trolls fail to understand is that once you've accepted and participated in a meeting with the Russians and don't notify the FBI, you've colluded. You've conspired. End of story.

It was a conspiracy the moment Trump Jr. responded to that email by suggesting later in the summer for release of the Russian dirt on Hillary. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

On 8/5/2018 at 5:14 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DjzmWICWsAAvj8S?format=jpg&name=medium

The N.R.A.’s Pete Brownell, left, with Ms. Butina and Donald Trump Jr. at a 2016 dinner hosted by the gun-rights group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/08/04/us/politics/maria-butina-nra-russia-influence.amp.html?source=images

Her face just doesn’t do it for me. 5.5 out of 10. Three beers or more.