The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

On 8/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, Brisketexan said:

Very good summary of the strategic picture behind the defense taking such a path.  Not all may apply here, but odds are that several of these reasons do apply.

I didn't read the twitter thread, but I'm assuming that one of the options is using the same logic as bidding $1 on the Price is Right. I haven't religiously followed the case, so I have no idea if this is smart or folly.

24 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I didn't read the twitter thread, but I'm assuming that one of the options is using the same logic as bidding $1 on the Price is Right. I haven't religiously followed the case, so I have no idea if this is smart or folly.

Depends....did you make it up on stage with Bob Barker or not? 

15 hours ago, Tuco said:

It seems like impeached (not removed) should be running slightly better odds than the House flipping blue.

If the house and senate flip, I see them not impeaching and convicting trump.  That gives the country pence who might be able to win in 2020.    Keep trump in office and win the election.  They will investigate trump with no end in sight but no impeachment. 

George and Simona Papadopoulos Look to Exit Mueller Plea Deal By Suing the Government

“George Papadopoulos is looking to break the bargain he struck with federal prosecutors after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI.

On Wednesday evening, the former Trump advisor’s wife—Simona Mangiante Papadopoulos—took to Twitter to crowdsource an attorney willing to represent her husband pro-bono.

“Attorney wanted for George Papadopoulo, Pro Bono!” wrote Simona, while misspelling their last name.

The Italian-born partner later told The Daily Caller that “George should drop his plea agreement” and that she planned “to find a lawyer” to “sue the government.”

[...]

“His role in the ‘Russia Investigation’ has been profoundly misunderstood and abused. His young life has been on hold for too long now, and all our savings are now exhausted in legal fees,” wrote Simona on a GoFundMe campaign she launched earlier this summer.

A pro-bono lawyer would provide life support to the couple’s bank account: As of writing this article, the couple’s campaign for legal fees has raised only $490 of its $75,000 goal. By contrast, former FBI agent Peter Strzok—who investigated the question of collusion until he was fired by the bureau this week—raised $418,872 through a GoFundMe page established just two days ago.”

Strzok: green wave

Papadop: algal bloom

48 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

George and Simona Papadopoulos Look to Exit Mueller Plea Deal By Suing the Government

“George Papadopoulos is looking to break the bargain he struck with federal prosecutors after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI.

On Wednesday evening, the former Trump advisor’s wife—Simona Mangiante Papadopoulos—took to Twitter to crowdsource an attorney willing to represent her husband pro-bono.

“Attorney wanted for George Papadopoulo, Pro Bono!” wrote Simona, while misspelling their last name.

The Italian-born partner later told The Daily Caller that “George should drop his plea agreement” and that she planned “to find a lawyer” to “sue the government.”

[...]

“His role in the ‘Russia Investigation’ has been profoundly misunderstood and abused. His young life has been on hold for too long now, and all our savings are now exhausted in legal fees,” wrote Simona on a GoFundMe campaign she launched earlier this summer.

A pro-bono lawyer would provide life support to the couple’s bank account: As of writing this article, the couple’s campaign for legal fees has raised only $490 of its $75,000 goal. By contrast, former FBI agent Peter Strzok—who investigated the question of collusion until he was fired by the bureau this week—raised $418,872 through a GoFundMe page established just two days ago.”

So they’re broke. 

Good.

[...]

That’s a shame.

46 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Good find.  What is extraordinary about it, to me at least:  1) he didn't just trip up once or twice, he lied his ass off 2) he didn't provide much cooperation, or anything useful and 3) he's still looking at six months, and apparently no further charges.

So, they had him dead to rights, provoking the plea.  He apparently didn't do much else chargeable, that they were hanging over him.  Strange deal.  And, he's a fucking idiot.

Also, although this could be cagily worded, there isn't a smoking gun connection to Trump, ie he was instructed or coerced to lie.

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Good find.  What is extraordinary about it, to me at least:  1) he didn't just trip up once or twice, he lied his ass off 2) he didn't provide much cooperation, or anything useful and 3) he's still looking at six months, and apparently no further charges.

So, they had him dead to rights, provoking the plea.  He apparently didn't do much else chargeable, that they were hanging over him.  Strange deal.  And, he's a fucking idiot.

Also, although this could be cagily worded, there isn't a smoking gun connection to Trump, ie he was instructed or coerced to lie.

There’s a lot missing in the Papadopoulos story.  You have to remember he was arrested July 27, 2017 but no one knew about it until the plea agreement on October 5th.  

They must have put the fear of god in him to collect more information on others during that two month period in order to get that plea agreement.

What he was able to collect, no one knows but it had to be enough to save him from hard time.

At least that’s my speculation.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz