The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Any bets?

I'm guessing 5 years concurrent. 

I'm guessing five consecutive.  However, Mueller wanted to bring this and the ED Va cases together, which would have increased the odds of concurrent, but Manafort objected.  I don't know how that plays into this (probably not at all, formally).

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Just incredible his lawyers took the route of "c'mon, no one even usually notices these crimes" as an argument for leniency, and Jackson was not impressed.

Continued-

The judge slams Manafort and his lawyers for making the "unsubstantiated" claim that Manafort was only charged by Mueller's office because they couldn't charge him with anything related to the campaign. "The noncollusion mantra is simply a non sequitor"

Whenever I shit through the sunroof of one of my friend's cars or bang their wives I like to show up a few days later in a wheelchair like "hey, I know I crossed the line but I bet you feel pretty bad being so mad at me while my back hurts."

31 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Jackson seems to be pretty harsh here. Makes it sound like a not lenient sentence.

29 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

every time there is something good for Manafort, Jackson says "yeah, but..."

And then goes pretty easy on him. The "Woe is me" strategy paid off. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

7.5 years?  Out of a total possible 35?

Hopefully Mueller is offended by the absurdity of this and decides to drag him back into court for other crimes.  Or, even better, refers something to a state AG so that Manafort can spend some time in non-country club prison.  

13 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Hopefully Mueller is offended by the absurdity of this and decides to drag him back into court for other crimes.  Or, even better, refers something to a state AG so that Manafort can spend some time in non-country club prison.  

It's what white guys get for white collar crimes.  I think I would have said 10 was about right, but that's influenced by the fact that I think most sentences are overboard.

Edited by TwiceHorn