2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

My guess is he didn’t want to go down in history helping the Republican Party destroy democracy in America. 

Yep, he commented as much, and Republicans are pissed at him.

And Kelly Ayotte is the only other Republican there with a name advantage, and she lost to the Democrat after she trashed Trump in October of 2016 and said she was writing in Mike Pence.

Be interesting to see if Mitch tries to get her to run.  Trump would lose his shit and probably actively campaign against her.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dr. Oz pondering a PA Senate run.  Don't know how much that screws with the Republicans.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/dr-oz-prepares-to-jump-into-pennsylvania-senate-race/

Among the GQP base, I think if you just repeated his first name over and over again ("Mehmet, Mehmet, Mehmet.  Did you know Mehmet is the Turkish form of the Arabic name Muhammed?"), you'd pretty quickly scuttle his campaign. 

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

Among the GQP base, I think if you just repeated his first name over and over again ("Mehmet, Mehmet, Mehmet.  Did you know Mehmet is the Turkish form of the Arabic name Muhammed?"), you'd pretty quickly scuttle his campaign. 

And his Republican competitors are going to do just that.

10 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Normally, I’d be celebrating this news, but after what I saw in both Virginia and New Jersey last week,  will it even matter?

we gotta work on improving this shitty ass political environment first.

Why do the media keep saying this election was a loss for Democrats?

The gist is that at the statewide level, this was a very small sample size, but Democrats did very well down ballot in local elections. 

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Why do the media keep saying this election was a loss for Democrats?

The gist is that at the statewide level, this was a very small sample size, but Democrats did very well down ballot in local elections. 

Because the media cares about clicks.

There could be a hurricane, and Biden sends in the Coast Guard or National Guard or whoever, and one soldier or Coast Guardsman gets hurt, and CNN would have you believe that all members of the CG or NG are in danger and will be dead within days.

Or a Democrat could beat a Republican by 20,000 votes in a contest where there were only 60,000 votes cast, and CNN would be asking "Why did they only win by 20,000 votes? Do they understand the disaster that this portends?"

That's what's always laughable by the Fox News folks bitching that the "MSM" has it in the bag for liberals.  

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Are you under the impression that “chucklefuck” is not what American voters are looking for?

I understand the response, but this is wrong. As bad as things are right now Democrats are paying attention and working on turning things around, we also have another full year for the environment to change. Mark Kelly also has great approval ratings. +5 might not seem like much, but in a state with more registered independents and Republicans, that's fucking terrific. He also got more votes than Joe Biden in 2020 on the same ticket.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Why would he pause? Doesn’t this increase his popularity amongst Republicans? If he doesn’t pay support, he might become President. 

Plenty of (R) women would not look upon him favorably.  Abusing the wife/kids might hit too close to home for them.

And it's too juicy for his (R) opponents to use against him in the primary. The last year or so has been pretty solid for Republicans waging war against one another.

2 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

It’s going to get worse for dems are time moves on, doesn’t seem to get better 

Doubt it'll be that bad by election day.  I'm going to guess the races tighten up, but the question is do they tighten up enough?  Odds aren't good but they have almost a year to alter the narrative.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

It looks like the republican plan to fuck up literally everything before handing off control to Democrats is working perfectly.  

Meanwhile, Dems: "We need to show the American people that we can accomplish things in a bipartisan manner!" 

• Rage+1 2

• 4 weeks later...