2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

Wow.

FL: Val Demings - $4.6m raised in Q2.

PA: Fetterman - $2.5m raised in Q2

Really good numbers from NC (combined almost $2m between the two main primary candidates), AZ, FL and PA.  

Looking forward to seeing the WI primary numbers and Shaheen (NH), Cortez Masto (NV) and Warnock (GA)

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/1/2021 at 8:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/01/politics/jd-vance-ohio-senate-race/index.html

He's connected to Peter Thiel, so watch him carefully.

It's funny - I've surveyed some of my more rural relatives, and some of them loathed the movie for the stereotypes, and some loved it because it was "honest".

Vance is embarrassing himself.  He's a smart guy and I've always enjoyed his opinions but he's running a campaign like Tucker Carlson.  

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So we’re back to measuring electability based on campaign donations?  KY, TX and SC 2020 Senate races would like to have a word with all of you.

It's a sign of enthusiasm.  Also you listed solid red states.  None of those races were actually in play.  But we (liberals) sure wanted to pretend! 

Comparing open seats in NC and PA and seats in FL and AZ =/= KY, TX and SC

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Jackson & Kendra Lahmeyer live in Owasso, OK with their 5 children - Hannah, Ashton, Blitz, Eva & Laken.

cr=w:1240,h:620

I know nothing about these people. Haven't done a google search or anything...but I'd bet a mortgage payment she drives a full size van, homeschools, and they go to a strip mall evangelical church with a praise band and huge video screens. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Oklahoma GOP chair is also supporting the challenger.

Lankford will get like 80% in the primary.

It's ironic how much the media (i.e., Politico) is/was salivating over potential Dem primaries to give us DEMS IN DISSARAY bullshit articles when, like...

The GOP is right over there, primarying people at will.  

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s in commercial RE right?

even better.  he's a pastor at a non-denominational church.  i have so many questions based on these pictures.  he may not be a candidate for long if reporters start digging stuff up from his past.  you knew there are skeletons in this guy's closet.

DSC_3690.JPG?format=1000w

J&K-Black-&-Whte.png?format=500w

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

even better.  he's a pastor at a non-denominational church.  i have so many questions based on these pictures.  he may not be a candidate for long if reporters start digging stuff up from his past.  you knew there are skeletons in this guy's closet.

That dude couldn't be more closeted if he tried. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 7:13 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Mike Pence Running GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 4

On 7/8/2021 at 6:13 PM, Jive Turkey said:

She’s pretty. He looks like a pear fucked

F6C574C1-A9B2-493F-82CB-2B6694B8A899.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 7/8/2021 at 3:53 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

I know nothing about these people. Haven't done a google search or anything...but I'd bet a mortgage payment she drives a full size van, homeschools, and they go to a strip mall evangelical church with a praise band and huge video screens. 

And every piece of art hanging in their house is some variation of rhinestones spelling out "Live, Laugh, Love". 

Graduated from Oral Roberts and is not in Real Estate but has an investment company and Lawn Care and Junk Removal Service in addition to sheparding his flock at the church.

He is the Oklahoma State Coordinator for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He had a YouTube channel for his services which has gone missing from his blog, but his political one is still active: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd8rGJ-eFPVNWshVlQZyvFg/featured

He's been endorsed by Michael Flynn 🙄

Five children by age 29 is scrong to slightly scrong on the Duggar scale of procreation. Rep Cain of Texas would approve.

Joe Manchin Heads To Texas For Fundraiser Hosted By GOP Donors

The fundraiser, which is organized by oil and gas industry bigwigs, comes as Manchin is set to play a key role in Democrats’ infrastructure and climate agenda.

Cool.  Just what we need.  More fossil fuels.  

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-manchin-texas-republican-fundraiser_n_60f1cbbae4b00ef8761c23d0?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation

16 hours ago, Bullneck said:

1800.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

Perfect encapsulation as to why you should never vote Republican again. After Eisenhower the party went to complete shit with each Republican president worse than the last one (except Bush senior I suppose and the republicans got rid of him right quick).

The nihilist/fascist nazi party of white supremacy that believes in absolutely nothing needs to go the way of the whigs for this country to ever return to normal again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Abe just threw shade at Trump on the sly and everybody got the joke except him.

An amazing comment.  I wish I could rep you again.  Everyone's laughing and Trump looks like he doesn't quite get it, but is smiling just to keep up appearances.

• Hook 'Em 1

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

Mandela Barnes announced he's entering the (rather crowded) Wisconsin Dem primary to kick Ron Johnson's ass to the curb.

https://twitter.com/TheOtherMandela/status/1417470806372782088?s=20

This is very good news.

I like him, but I feel like this race has two REALLY good candidates (Godlewski and Barnes) and one will lose and be out of politics for a cycle, unless one drops out and enters the LG race. 

I'd rather see Barnes run again as LG, because he'd be the favorite to take over for Evers when he hangs it up.  Godlewski had the biggest win of a non-incumbent in 2018 (+4.1, compared to Evers' 1.1 win and Kaul's 0.6 win for AG). 

On the other hand, we need more AA representation in the Senate - which is why I am loving Barnes, Demings and Beasley running. 

Edited by Js1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I like him, but I feel like this race has two REALLY good candidates (Godlewski and Barnes) and one will lose and be out of politics for a cycle, unless one drops out and enters the LG race. 

I'd rather see Barnes run again as LG, because he'd be the favorite to take over for Evers when he hangs it up.  Godlewski had the biggest win of a non-incumbent in 2018 (+4.1, compared to Evers' 1.1 win and Kaul's 0.6 win for AG). 

On the other hand, we need more AA representation in the Senate - which is why I am loving Barnes, Demings and Beasley running. 

I feel that. Would hate to lose Barnes from state politics, especially since he could succeed Evers as you said, but I also think he's got the best shot to beat the current piece of shit who's currently our senior senator. Dude's been putting in work on the lakes, fishing at every opportunity. That in addition to driving turnout in Milwaukee puts him in the driver's seat.

Abby Finkenaur (4 years in the Iowa House + 2 years in Congress before losing in 2020) running for IA Senate.  She lost by 2.5 in a presidential (Trump) year after winning by 5% in 2018. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1