2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

• 2 weeks later...

He got a lot of shit because there was a five hour time window between the collapse and Biden’s visit and he lives just a few minutes away.

He had plenty of time to go put on some britches before he met the president.

Especially because they knew pretty early on that no one was hurt or killed.

And now he’s fund raising off of it.

Pretty typical cynical, political move but his brand is “Authentic Regular Dude” so……..

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

He got a lot of shit because there was a five hour time window between the collapse and Biden’s visit and he lives just a few minutes away.

Pretty typical cynical, political move but his brand is “Authentic Regular Dude” so……..

200.gif

• 2 weeks later...

He sounds like a real piece of shit.

"Lamon is among several prominent Republicans who submitted false information trying to certify Arizona's November 2020 election results in favor of Donald Trump. He even bankrolled efforts related to the election audit security detail and has bragged about pushing Karen Fann, a key Republican state senator to move forward with the partisan election audit in Maricopa County."

On 1/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, Bama Chick said:

To me, the look says: :Either elect me Senator, or else wait for me to come through your window some night at 3am."

Not mentioned here but the Maryland governor,Hogan, announced this week that he wasn’t running for the Senate. He’s a popular GOP governor and thought to have a decent chance to win a normally reliable Democrat seat. Now it’s unlikely the seat will flip to the GOP.

this continues the trend of how Sununu (GOP) in NH decided to not challenge Hassan (Dem ) back in Nov.

the GOP path to take a senate majority is shrinking. But plenty of time and polls to come on that.

Anecdotal but on the story about the PA guy wearing gym shorts, I know a few PA guys that are his age. The only time they’re not in gym shorts is when work requires pants. Or if their wives force them to wear pants to a restaurant. Whether the temps are in the 20s or 100s in Texas, they’re in gym shorts. I’d also note that I don’t think said gym shorts have ever seen the gym.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not mentioned here but the Maryland governor,Hogan, announced this week that he wasn’t running for the Senate. He’s a popular GOP governor and thought to have a decent chance to win a normally reliable Democrat seat. Now it’s unlikely the seat will flip to the GOP.

this continues the trend of how Sununu (GOP) in NH decided to not challenge Hassan (Dem ) back in Nov.

the GOP path to take a senate majority is shrinking. But plenty of time and polls to come on that.

Anecdotal but on the story about the PA guy wearing gym shorts, I know a few PA guys that are his age. The only time they’re not in gym shorts is when work requires pants. Or if their wives force them to wear pants to a restaurant. Whether the temps are in the 20s or 100s in Texas, they’re in gym shorts. I’d also note that I don’t think said gym shorts have ever seen the gym.

yeah, about that

On 2/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, Irwin F Fletcher said:

He sounds like a real piece of shit.

"Lamon is among several prominent Republicans who submitted false information trying to certify Arizona's November 2020 election results in favor of Donald Trump. He even bankrolled efforts related to the election audit security detail and has bragged about pushing Karen Fann, a key Republican state senator to move forward with the partisan election audit in Maricopa County."

that should be 20 years in a federal prison 

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

dont-wig.gif

On 2/12/2022 at 5:29 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

the GOP path to take a senate majority is shrinking.

The GOP path to the majority is alive and well as long as a Democrat is defending a seat in Georgia. Warnock is going to have to win overwhelmingly to get around GA's election changes. Arizona and Nevada are not slam dunks either. Slim odds the Democrats go 3-for-3 in those. Anything less and the GOP is in the driver's seat for the majority.

Until recently I'd have said a loss or two could be likely be offset by getting Wisconsin or Pennsylvania, if not both. But in this climate, both of those are well below 50-50.

I still think it's possible that these midterms mirror 2018, with the GOP comfortably taking the House but Democrats holding serve or adding a seat in the Senate. But where that used to be the possibly slightly optimistic, but reasonable stance, it's become the absolute best case scenario. 

Polling has proven to be pretty much worthless, but for now it looks 47-49 with 4 toss-ups: GA, NV, AZ, PA.  I think Kelly is in good shape in Arizona.  So Warnock, Fetterman, and Masto hold the keys to continuing the Democratic Senate majority.  Not that they’ve had an effective majority with how Manchin and Sinema have behaved.

Edited by Snake Diggity

On 2/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, gmr548 said:

The GOP path to the majority is alive and well as long as a Democrat is defending a seat in Georgia. Warnock is going to have to win overwhelmingly to get around GA's election changes. Arizona and Nevada are not slam dunks either. Slim odds the Democrats go 3-for-3 in those. Anything less and the GOP is in the driver's seat for the majority.

Until recently I'd have said a loss or two could be likely be offset by getting Wisconsin or Pennsylvania, if not both. But in this climate, both of those are well below 50-50.

I still think it's possible that these midterms mirror 2018, with the GOP comfortably taking the House but Democrats holding serve or adding a seat in the Senate. But where that used to be the possibly slightly optimistic, but reasonable stance, it's become the absolute best case scenario. 

100%. I wasn't implying the Dems have the majority in the bag for '23-24. However there have been some favorable areas for the Dems but mainly on the GOP underperforming. 

Warnock has an interesting fight on his hands especially with the factor of Kemp/Perdue/Abrams/Trump for the governor's race. 

• 1 month later...

So embarrassing. “One time science led me to a question I don’t understand and refuse to investigate in any way and could answer with a 10 second google search.  Think about it!”

How is this not damaging to the brand? How does no one in the audience get offended that there is an assumption of 4th grade intelligence?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Time to confess people. He got us. 

Why stop with apes?  Obviously, no species of animal can exist if any other member of a larger group of them still exists. 

How are there any other mammals if both us and dogs are supposed to be mammals?

I'll tell you. Big Zoo. A conspiracy of the top 153 Zoologists on the planet assembling at an annual meeting at an underground lava base, funded and coordinated by none other than George Soros.  

Herschel is coming from a fine tradition of individual research, instead of trusting experts, which is such a novel approach these days.

I look forward to seeing his data in the original coloring book format. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

Time to confess people. He got us. 

Why stop with apes?  Obviously, no species of animal can exist if any other member of a larger group of them still exists. 

How are there any other mammals if both us and dogs are supposed to be mammals?

I'll tell you. Big Zoo. A conspiracy of the top 153 Zoologists on the planet assembling at an annual meeting at an underground lava base, funded and coordinated by none other than George Soros.  

Herschel is coming from a fine tradition of individual research, instead of trusting experts, which is such a novel approach these days. I look forward to seeing his data in it's original coloring book format. 

former username checks out (subtle faded background is cool)

• Hook 'Em 1