Thread of Celebration

TexasEd

These celebrations are great. Young vibrant people of all colors and social classes smiling and laughing and having a party. Imagine seeing that, then seeing Trump rallies full of angry overweight white diabetics, and thinking to yourself "yeah I definitely want to party with the trailer park bridge trolls".

• Hook 'Em 1

My town is quiet and normal. From the signs, I'd say it was 50/50. The Doug Jones signs are mostly still up, in that pure spiteful Alabama "fuck you" spirit. I went for a long walk. People seemed happy. Talked to strangers who were probably Biden supporters, or at least not rabid Trumpkins. Really relaxed and happy.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

These celebrations are great. Young vibrant people of all colors and social classes smiling and laughing and having a party. Imagine seeing that, then seeing Trump rallies full of angry overweight white diabetics, and thinking to yourself "yeah I definitely want to party with the trailer park bridge trolls".

I’ve told this story before, but I’ll tell it again.  My mom’s side of the family is from Oklahoma.  Several of them played football at blowu.  My next door neighbor growing up was a cop, his wife was a nurse, they both went to Texas.  I was out in the front yard one day, and he asked me if I was going to the TX/OU Game that weekend.   I told him that I was.  He asked m to do him a favor.  I said sure.  He told me to walk around the stadium at halftime and look around and decide which group of people I wanted to be hanging out with when I was an old fucker like him.