Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

Texas should be top 3 in every facilities measurable based on income.  Especially considering we won’t ever be a program that has a rogue booster network or corrupt eligibility tactics.
just doesnt make sense not to maximize the legitimate advantages we posses, especially given the fact the ADept contributes back to the University better than anyone.
Enter CDC, he's taken note of this.

14 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Carson is a guy I have tabbed for a Malcolm Roach type break out.  Maybe not as a freshman, but he's got playmaker written all over him.

58 and change for a high school senior is impressive.  A good throw for Robison at Texas was in the low 60s.

2 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Does anyone else here believe M. Epps will not RS? 

I think he will.  He's was kinda paper thin in the fall.  They can roll with Beck and Leitao at first, and Brewer will probably be ready by Game 1.

Edited by ClubWhatever
duh

30 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

58 and change for a high school senior is impressive.  A good throw for Robison at Texas was in the low 60s.

I think he will.  He's was kinda paper thin in the fall.  They can roll with Beck and Leitao at first, and Brewster will probably be ready by Game 1.

Damn it feels great to have quality depth at TE

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

14 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Carson is a guy I have tabbed for a Malcolm Roach type break out.  Maybe not as a freshman, but he's got playmaker written all over him.

Him, Williams, and C. Jones with a couple of off-seasons with McKnight could turn into beasts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickyspub said:

So did everyone make it in? I remember in years past some guys had school through the first week of June...

Angilau and Williams haven't yet. Angilau's high school doesn't graduate for another week, and Williams is TBD

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Angilau and Williams haven't yet. Angilau's high school doesn't graduate for another week, and Williams is TBD

Looks like Dunham, where Williams went, finished several weeks ago...hope his family just needed some extra time to make the trip from Louisiana.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Because they're still photos of video screens I think.

This is correct. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

why are those screens above each locker still effed up? Bothers the shit out of me each time i see them.

Video is usually broadcast at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. If your camera frame speed is different, your won't capture it exactly as it appears. 

2 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Looks like Dunham, where Williams went, finished several weeks ago...hope his family just needed some extra time to make the trip from Louisiana.

He apparently had academic issues, but they were supposed to be cleaned up. If he does have to take summer school, it's not awful - he's a guaranteed redshirt anyway.

12 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

This is correct. 

Video is usually broadcast at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. If your camera frame speed is different, your won't capture it exactly as it appears. 

This makes sense to me if it was only still photos where this showed up but it shows up on video as well. Is the frame rate for video cameras different than what shows up on the TV's in the locker room?

Edited by Enchubben

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

This makes sense to me if it was only still photos where this showed up but it shows up on video as well. Is the frame rate for video camera's different than what shows up on the TV's in the locker room?

Yes. As I mentioned before, video is usually recored at 30 frames a second but also gets done at 28 and 29 frames per second. You'll notice that the baseball game on the multi-screens behind the players looks fine. Also, HD and 4K screens may also mess with video recordings in a different way, but how exactly, I am not sure.  

56 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Wonder who’s in the cowboy hat. Obvious answer would be BJ but I think he’s to the right of Cook (21 shirt)

From the long blonde hair, I'd say Hager. Maybe he's a host for them or something?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Justin Wells says "it might be a few weeks" before Mike Williams makes it in.

If I'm remembering correctly, Williams needed a better ACT score when he signed. 

It's possible he didn't get the score he needed, and he MIGHT be in summer school to improve his GPA. I believe it's sliding scale, so there are a couple ways to get there.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If I'm remembering correctly, Williams needed a better ACT score when he signed. 

It's possible he didn't get the score he needed, and he MIGHT be in summer school to improve his GPA. I believe it's sliding scale, so there are a couple ways to get there.

Where is Chris Vaughn when you need him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

That's never good to hear. Hopefully it's as simple as re-taking a course in the early part of summer. 

Yeah, not to be a Debbie Downer, but seems like more often than not those who can't make it in the summer because of a test score or GPA never become a Longhorn.