Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Did not know that Jim Rome still existed in any form or fashion.

Is he a podcast showman these days?

I didn't either but was driving through a nearby city (Sacramento) and heard his show.  Absolutely terrible.  Same juvenile shit it ever was.  His shtick was horrible. 

• Like 3

Not certain whether to say "awesome" or "wtf", but i like the sense of purpose.
I wish nothing but the best for the kid, just hope he realizes the spring game is a glorified/televised scrimmage, and "starting CB" probably isn't in his future when the games count. That may have been the highest point of his life so far, so can't blame him for making a BFD out of it.

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I didn't either but was driving through a nearby city (Sacramento) and heard his show.  Absolutely terrible.  Same juvenile shit it ever was.  His shtick was horrible. 

CBS picked him up. He's the Arthur Godfrey of sports radio.

is this real?  they have our punter they have drafted this year and no other Horn on the team.  If you check their roster there are a lot of ****** on that team. Hope we don't start taking a lot of crap for this if marketing made this up.  No mention of a quote like this from him on google search.

• Fuck You 22

1 minute ago, chupacabradelrio said:

is this real?  they have our punter they have drafted this year and no other Horn on the team.  If you check their roster there are a lot of ****** on that team. Hope we don't start taking a lot of crap for this if marketing made this up.  No mention of a quote like this from him on google search.

Tyrone Swoopes

Earl Thomas

Michael Dickson

Poona Ford

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thestud said:

Roll or not, Herman didn't coach Tyrone or Earl at all and had very little to do with Poona and Dicko. 

Dicko no, but I don't think anyone expected Poona to be as good as he was in 2017. Giles and Orlando (and Yancy) deserve some credit for that.

Also, he specifically said there were no Horns on the Seahawks besides Dickson.

6 minutes ago, thestud said:

Roll or not, Herman didn't coach Tyrone or Earl at all and had very little to do with Poona and Dicko. 

Dude, your premise is stupid. Herman has coached exactly one year at Texas, and Seattle took two of his players. You are picking the dumbest molehill to die on of all time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Tyrone Swoopes

Earl Thomas

Michael Dickson

Poona Ford

Marcus Johnson also got traded to them this off-season

Also, the quote says Tom Herman coached teams, so I'm assuming he also means players they evaluated from Ohio State and Houston that played for him

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

If they put this on FS1 again with that fuckstick Pappadapolis or whatever the fuck that guy's name is, I'll punch a baby. 

It's on FOX proper, the broadcast channel.

Assuming they don't have any other big games that day, it would be Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt.

Edited by Machinator

On 5/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, chupacabradelrio said:

ntkauqtjwr001.gif

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Brainiacs have confirmed Angilau will arrive for summer workouts and he's delayed his mission trip.

Full quote from TFB:

– There has been discussion on if East (UT) OT Junior Angilau would enroll at Texas this summer since before he even signed with the Longhorns. The other option is him taking a two-year mission and enrolling at Texas in 2020.

I talked to a source close to him and he told me “He should be enrolling in a few weeks” at Texas and that he’s delaying his mission right now. That would be HUGE news for Texas as Angilau was the highest rated OL signee in the Longhorns 2018 class. He could either play guard or tackle in Austin.

We will keep you up to date in regards to this situation. – (Andrew)

• Like 1