Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Me too. You know what isn’t? The trickle down bullshit. It’s not liberal or conservative. It’s just nonsense.

yeah, well, i grew up in a reagan household. took me awhile to smell the bullshit. longer than it should have, honestly, in hindsight. but stock buybacks, salary freezes, and layoffs have a way of really bringing home the message.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Tim Scott’s response is like one of those Republican responses from 1997 or Democratic responses from 2003

yeah, this is boiler plate bullshit. i could have written this with a prompt. "how would a black republican respond to a random democratic speech in 2021?"

65% of kids are back in the classroom and they are still running with Biden is breaking his promise?

Kids will be back 100% by fall. It was like 33% when he took office! 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

65% of kids are back in the classroom and they are still running with Biden is breaking his promise?

Kids will be back 100% by fall. 

How does Biden or the Federal government have jack shit to do with kids in classrooms whatsoever?  States set their policy.  Sometimes they allow municipalities some leeway.  This isn't a Federal issue whatsoever, but that never stopped the right from creating a problem where there isn't one.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Man if you believe Tim Scott you are hearing that the Republicans just want to fix everything wrong with America but the Democrats wouldn’t and won’t let them.  It’s such BS but there are millions nodding their heads along with it.

Yep, emphasis on the last part. Democrats will just let Republicans get away with the "look, our COVID package was bipartisan!" talking point too.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How does Biden or the Federal government have jack shit to do with kids in classrooms whatsoever?  States set their policy.  Sometimes they allow municipalities some leeway.  This isn't a Federal issue whatsoever, but that never stopped the right from creating a problem where there isn't one.

Because they had to find something to lure back suburban women. 

And he got Freshman Rep Malliotakis’ business card. The dude will listen.  

Nehls is my rep and I have years worth of evidence to know that he sucks, yet here I am watching that and thinking that “if he’s willing to chat with Biden, maybe he isn’t so bad.”

Insane how low the bar has gotten.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Oh yay, a black guy being a liar about georgias voting law and using the word "virtue signaling". I'm done. The term "uncle tom" is horrible and I won't use it, but goddamn, if it were defined, here it is. Fuck this guy for what he says. Idiot, and people believe this. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I meant Scott, not you.

ok, then i agree with you. i didn't know if i went offside with my comment about "let's trot out the black guy to talk about republican stuff"

i just hated it. i want more black republicans, because i want republicans to be more diverse so that they have a wider spectrum of ideas.

but i think my point stands. i could've written that speech as a prompt in 20 minutes about "how a black republican would respond to biden's speech, except not really respond to biden's speech, but really say a bunch of republican things"

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Js1 said:

He responded to the speech they wanted him to say, not the one he said. Because they don’t live in reality 

such a great point.

also cnn is spending more time on the response than biden's speech. which is their prerogative, i guess. but this was biden's night and the south carolina republican isn't really part of that after that milquetoast speech.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i just hated it. i want more black republicans, because i want republicans to be more diverse so that they have a wider spectrum of ideas.

I'm fine with blacks being more diverse if they choose.

I'd prefer Republicans to me more intelligent and more ethical and more decent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, tantric superman said:

I'm fine with blacks being more diverse if they choose.

I'd prefer Republicans to me more intelligent and more ethical and more decent.

i think the one precedes the other, and yeah, i agree with you. honestly, black people and hispanic people would be far more republican if the republicans didn't hate them/marginalize them. it's my biggest hope and biggest fear is that republicans figure out the formula. the hope is that it tempers ugly republican policies, the fear is that they take the votes, fool the voters and marginalize them further. 

as to your second sentence, i used to think they were. i no longer think that was the case. i grew up thinking that. i was told that. i saw boebert tonight, and i saw cruz tonight. it's kinda over right now for any actual paladin republicans. they're dead. 

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Has it been determined how they chose the 200 attendees? Curious if they blacklisted some people

From what I read, it was both a random draw and somewhat based on seniority within each caucus. A lot of the GOP are at a retreat I believe?

Pelosi gave them to committee chairs. Senior Republicans gave them to freshman so they could attend their first presidential address. Senate Dems drew at random  

Only Roberts went from SCOTUS and only Milley went from the joint chiefs.  No designated survivor since all cabinet secretaries except Austin were at home 

• Hook 'Em 1