Texas v. UNC-Mauiville, NC @ 3:00p-CST

Guest Lobo

Texas would probably be better if he wasn't on the roster.

He sucks all tempo and rhythm out of the offense and seems like he’s got zero desire to move without the ball in his hands ... Hamm and Coleman playing inspired... Kai and brown showing some grit ... AJ and Ramey are weak links and Simms is having a game where he has concrete hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are we just getting fucked on every close call or am I just a Texas fan?

Some of them really are just dumbass fouls by us.  THis has been a complaint of mine about Shaka for years.  It’s clear we don’t watch film on the defensive end or he just doesn’t care because the fouls committed are just dumb.  

There have been several fouls called that are baffling to me, but then again we have TV Teddy in the game. And I believe all 3 refs are primarily ACC officials. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tried to watch but can't, since it's so damn madding.  The officiating is crap.  It's really one sided which is bizarre since UNC isn't a finesse team.   Reminds me why I don't watch basketball--seems to heavily favor one team, which often times is the home team.  I don't know which one that would be in Maui but it's working for UNC.  

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Some of them really are just dumbass fouls by us.  THis has been a complaint of mine about Shaka for years.  It’s clear we don’t watch film on the defensive end or he just doesn’t care because the fouls committed are just dumb.  

There have been several fouls called that are baffling to me, but then again we have TV Teddy in the game. And I believe all 3 refs are primarily ACC officials. 

Was it Brown that got fouled on the dunk but no call.  Seemed pretty obvious but instead they call him for hanging on the rim, even though there's a guy under him.  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

UNC 4 fouls in 13.5 minutes. Utter horseshit 

Ever since Teddy V. got passed over for March Madness when he got into a brouhaha with a Tarheel a few years back, he's been their #1 bootlicker.  He knows who the real powers are in the sport.  He's a sack of shit that brings his personal baggage to every game he officiates.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yea like the middle school over the back call on Kai earlier. Literally skimmed his arm and since there's no such thing as "over the back" I am curious what the ref called because he sure couldn't have called push in the back. Either way very minimal contact to call that a foul. Others i've seen i agree with you on. Some is on texas and just looks "weak" but really they aren't.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea like the middle school over the back call on Kai earlier. Literally skimmed his arm and since there's no such thing as "over the back" I am curious what the ref called because he sure couldn't have called push in the back. Either way very minimal contact to call that a foul. Others i've seen i agree with you on. Some is on texas and just looks "weak" but really they aren't.

He called a hit to the head.  I made sure to watch what he was going to report. 

Just now, Pancho said:

He called a hit to the head.  I made sure to watch what he was going to report. 

Oh ok well he nicked his head at best, Should have just called the ball out of bounds on Texas and gave the ball to UNC, Now if the hit caused the ball to go out out UNC and would have given Texas the ball I've seen refs call "weaker" fouls because they contact would have changed possession. Do y'all do that or work on things like that being reasons to call what may seem as a "weaker" touch foul?