It grew

jimmyjazz

29 minutes ago, freyguy said:

The entire Himalayas grow ~1cm/year.  Indian plate just keeps pounding away into the underside of the Eurasia plate at a neverending pace.

Tetons grow faster than that I believe. 

it’s simply a matter of time before they dk metcalf them. A lot of time.

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, freyguy said:

The entire Himalayas grow ~1cm/year.  Indian plate just keeps pounding away into the underside of the Eurasia plate at a neverending pace.

They actually grow and recede, as the underside of the tectonic collision melts away as it's shoved into the mantle. At least that's what I was told in Mountain Geoecology at UT 15 years ago. 

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

They actually grow and recede, as the underside of the tectonic collision melts away as it's shoved into the mantle. At least that's what I was told in Mountain Geoecology at UT 15 years ago. 

dude, why're you bringing up old shit?  That was like 15cm ago....

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Scientists reassessed the height of Mount Everest and have concluded that it is more than 2 feet taller than previously thought (29,029 ft ---> 29,031.69 ft).

Measure twice, brag once

Do you even isostatic rebound bro?

(yes, geo-nerds, I know that term doesn't apply to everest, but I don't give a shit)