Formula 1 2021

wood

IDK jack shit about F-1.  but a couple of my gearhead buddies on FB are chirping back and forth about what did and didn't happen, just like this thread this morning.  hell, one of my cousins who I thought had zero connection with racing has her outrage going pretty strong about it.  I was like, "Damn.  I have no idea what she's talking about, but I love the passion."

Interesting shit, with questionable tactics.  I might be more inclined to watch next season.

Just now, ATLLonghorn said:

Mercedes is going to litigate the shit out of this. It isn't going to lead to anything, but it's going to happen.

If this had been the 3rd race of the season, I'd bet they'd have a decent chance to overturn the result.

But, yeah, not going to unring that bell now that a new champion has already been declared.

• Like 1

Fuck these cars. The can DIAF. Just terrible for race day. 

Checo vs Hamilton and the previous battle between Alonzo and Hamilton (when Ocon won) were the two best racing moments of the the season for me. The back and forth today was as intense as it gets. Sad we don’t get that every weekend. Hopefully that will change. 

Helmet Cam is incredible. 

First and last lap bullshittery confirmed. Don’t hate the result. 

Bad luck for Lando. Should have been able to catch Charles in points. 

Fun season. Really hope the changes allow the cars to race on Sundays and add some variety. 

Embrace the midfield. Score all the way to P15. Let them have their own points battle that is easy for the fans to follow. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

In reality - if Merc had made some better decisions earlier in the year, it would not have come down to this.

Or in the race. They had two chances to pit for fresher tires and elected to stay out when Hamilton was clearly the faster car when on equal footing. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

Just now, dieucla98 said:

$5k fine or some stupid shit is all that will come of it. 

Manufactured drama, all of it. Stupid.

Shouldn't be that way. If Michael Masi doesn't ignore FIA regulations to make up rules on the fly then Lewis is the race winner. At the very least he has no business being involved in the sport going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

IDK jack shit about F-1.  but a couple of my gearhead buddies on FB are chirping back and forth about what did and didn't happen, just like this thread this morning.  hell, one of my cousins who I thought had zero connection with racing has her outrage going pretty strong about it.  I was like, "Damn.  I have no idea what she's talking about, but I love the passion."
Interesting shit, with questionable tactics.  I might be more inclined to watch next season.

You should watch the Netflix series.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, G650 said:

Dude I watched the whole sequence.

Then you saw them bump the bottles and acknowledge each other, after they acknowledged each other and talk before the post-race interviews? I don't understand. 

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Another possibility, is that apparently once cars are allowed to unlap, the SC is supposed to come in on the FOLLOWING lap. I admit I have not double checked that rule, though.

If so, that obviously was also not followed.

Posted it a bit earlier, it's absolutely not a grey area in the regulations. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Then you saw them bump the bottles and acknowledge each other, after they acknowledged each other and talk before the post-race interviews? I don't understand. 

Horner shakes his hand and Max turns his back. At any rate, it's not a big point that I am trying to debate endlessly, it was a throwaway observation that made me lol at how the personalities never change.

Plus I have way more historical antipathy for Horner and Red Bull anyway.

31 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Checo vs Hamilton and the previous battle between Alonzo and Hamilton (when Ocon won) were the two best racing moments of the the season for me. The back and forth today was as intense as it gets. Sad we don’t get that every weekend. Hopefully that will change.

Not only that, it proved you can have a drawn-out, on-the-edge battle between 2 cars switching between inside and and outside lanes....without flagrant divebombs... AND it was between a red bull and mercedes no less.

Anyway, in the end the results will stand.  The money is in the WCC which Mercedes so any jostling now is just ego and reputational battle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

Horner shakes his hand and Max turns his back. At any rate, it's not a big point that I am trying to debate endlessly, it was a throwaway observation that made me lol at how the personalities never change.

Plus I have way more historical antipathy for Horner and Red Bull anyway.

I'm not trying to dunk on you man, but if the video you posted is "refusing to acknowledge" then your Max hatred has blinded you. And just 10 minutes earlier was this:

spacer.png

And after the podium, he was interviewed and praised Hamilton. 

Sorry your guy didn't win, but you're just throwing out lies. Just admit you were mistaken. It happens.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller