2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

tonight he passed Karl Malone for most turnovers all time. 

Wow, surprised that hadn't already happened considering his usage and longevity.  9500ish to 4500ish AST/TO isn't too bad at all.  He might hit 40k/10k/10k at the end of everything.   Chris Paul at 9800ish/2500ish is incredible to me.  Some others since I got curious -- Harden, 5500ish/3100ish, KD 3500ish/2700ish, Westbrook 7400ish/3700ish, I was a little surprised at the last one as I always imagine he's somehow got a much worse ratio than he actually does...he's just so inefficient especially now. 

Edited by UTDD
lol 3700 turnovers not 37000

7 hours ago, UTDD said:

Wow, surprised that hadn't already happened considering his usage and longevity.  9500ish to 4500ish AST/TO isn't too bad at all.  He might hit 40k/10k/10k at the end of everything.   Chris Paul at 9800ish/2500ish is incredible to me.  Some others since I got curious -- Harden, 5500ish/3100ish, KD 3500ish/2700ish, Westbrook 7400ish/3700ish, I was a little surprised at the last one as I always imagine he's somehow got a much worse ratio than he actually does...he's just so inefficient especially now. 

Been saying this for a while.    Those numbers just plain ridiculous and they are completely doable barring injury of course.

At what point am I supposed to take the Jazz seriously? Because that's a damn good team on both ends of the court. 

Wondering the same. They don't have the same problems a lot of regular season posers (aka the Suns' entire existence) have in the past. They're not getting a lot of respect from Vegas, still +1400. Worse than actual regular season posers like Philly.
Seems like a value bet to me. I think I just talked myself into throwing some money on them.

Brooklyn fucking around and burying golden state again. Up 26 with about 15 minutes left. Harden with twice as many assists as shots (14 v 7) while KD leads the Mets in scorning with 18 and in absolute cruise control. 
I know they look like a mess lots of times but I think this is literally just them giving a shit. If they care about a game they win, if not they don’t bother to even appear to try. 
I think they will build up enough bad habits that they won’t be able to beat the Lakers when it’s championship time, but I don’t see any reason (absent injury) to believe they won’t get out of the East. 

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know they look like a mess lots of times but I think this is literally just them giving a shit.

They were starting to look pretty good before Durant got corvided again. They'll only get better the more they play together.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Brooklyn fucking around and burying golden state again. Up 26 with about 15 minutes left. Harden with twice as many assists as shots (14 v 7) while KD leads the Mets in scorning with 18 and in absolute cruise control. 
I know they look like a mess lots of times but I think this is literally just them giving a shit. If they care about a game they win, if not they don’t bother to even appear to try. 
I think they will build up enough bad habits that they won’t be able to beat the Lakers when it’s championship time, but I don’t see any reason (absent injury) to believe they won’t get out of the East. 

KD was effortless today; Brooklyn in general looks unstoppable on offense. Kyrie looked in peak Kyrie form too and Harden was dishing!

10 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

KD was effortless today; Brooklyn in general looks unstoppable on offense. Kyrie looked in peak Kyrie form too and Harden was dishing!

Kyrie was unstoppable out there. His finishing ability is second to none. Harden feeding Green on the pick and roll/slip was beautiful. If they can pick up one solid 3&D guy and a serviceable big before the trade deadline they'll be a very tough out, even for the Lakers.

10 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Love this; Rudy Gobert is my favorite player 🙂

What sort of person has Gobert as a favorite player? I'm not Shaq out here hating on the man but he's a borderline top 20 guy in the league right now and he just generally doesn't seem to be that likeable a guy.

Edited by Llogg

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Kyrie was unstoppable out there. His finishing ability is second to none. Harden feeding Green on the pick and roll/slip was beautiful. If they can pick up one solid 3&D guy and a serviceable big before the trade deadline they'll be a very tough out, even for the Lakers.

What sort of person has Gobert as a favorite player? I'm not Shaq out here hating on the man but he's a borderline top 20 guy in the league right now and he just generally doesn't seem to be that likeable a guy.

He’s my favorite player because I love picking him in NBA2k1 (blacktop, 5v5, 3v3, etc.) because he swats everything. Haha

Speaking of 90’s Suns: The best rap bar I still have ever heard to this day is “I son’ed (Sun) y’all boys; y’all all Kevin Johnson’s. You see (UC; Kj’s alma mater) me with my Marbury posture, I don’t play ball, I point guard every dollar.”

fun fact; Kevin Johnson besides having the most underrated shoes, later went on to become the mayor of Sacramento, CA. 

So LeBron had a super egregious, comical flop the other night, and the NBA gave him a warning...that one more violation would result in that massive $5k fine...that they've only given out 3 times over the past 4 seasons (twice to Marcus Smart, holler).

They need to just admit that they don't care already and aren't willing to take on the players over it.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So LeBron had a super egregious, comical flop the other night, and the NBA gave him a warning...that one more violation would result in that massive $5k fine...that they've only given out 3 times over the past 4 seasons (twice to Marcus Smart, holler).

They need to just admit that they don't care already and aren't willing to take on the players over it.

For context

IMO, they need to start docking the refs for this. If you don't see a foul being committed, then don't assume one has been committed. It's not human error, it's incompetence. 

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

For context

IMO, they need to start docking the refs for this. If you don't see a foul being committed, then don't assume one has been committed. It's not human error, it's incompetence. 

Kuzma got a warning too. Two in one game! 

3 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Recovering shoe addict.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Quick, your all-time favorite sneakers. I’ll go first: Nike Air Force Max (the black and cool grey model) otherwise known as the Barkleys and Fab Give edition. Fuck, I love those shoes.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Quick, your all-time favorite sneakers. I’ll go first: Nike Air Force Max (the black and cool grey model) otherwise known as the Barkleys and Fab Give edition. Fuck, I love those shoes.

Air Max Penny 1 (Penny Hardaway was my favorite player; I’ve had all the Pennys and still like to watch Blue Chips).

19 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Air Max Penny 1 (Penny Hardaway was my favorite player; I’ve had all the Pennys and still like to watch Blue Chips).

Griffey’s or the PG3 Apollo’s. Gonna try to cop a pair of the Griffey’s tomorrow. Also love the black cement 3s.

Edited by hobbes2702

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Griffey’s or the PG3 Apollo’s. Gonna try to cop a pair of the Griffey’s tomorrow. Also love the black cement 3s.

Yes! I need the Griffey’s again.

My son is getting to the age where Skechers ain’t cutting it and he asked for Jordan’s. So I got him a pair of cheap J’s and I got a matching pair. Then those weren’t good enough and he wanted the Curry 7’s. So I got us both a pair. Now he wants the Luka’s when they come out. The benefit is I get to buy me a pair too so I’m reliving it all over again with him.

2 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Yes! I need the Griffey’s again.

My son is getting to the age where Skechers ain’t cutting it and he asked for Jordan’s. So I got him a pair of cheap J’s and I got a matching pair. Then those weren’t good enough and he wanted the Curry 7’s. So I got us both a pair. Now he wants the Luka’s when they come out. The benefit is I get to buy me a pair too so I’m reliving it all over again with him.

Is Luka getting his own signature shoe?!?! Was Melo the last Jordan brand athlete to get his own?

4 hours ago, Kermit said:

My favorite player growing up was Dan Majerle and I’m a Spurs fan. Why? Don’t know. 

Thunder Dan Majerle! He was, for whatever reason, fun to watch. He always looked like he had just spent the day tanning at a pool before coming to the arena. He could play though. Found this about one of my favorite video games from back in the day. 

I'd only play as the Suns, as if being another team would somehow trigger the Apocalypse. NBA Live 95 featured the 1993-94 roster (minus Charles Barkley due to licensing issues). It was rare that I controlled someone other than Kevin Johnson, but when I did it was Dan Majerle. With seemingly unlimited range - not unlike real life - as soon as Thunder Dan crossed halfcourt I felt he was open and shooting the ball would be a good idea. Because NBA Live 95 is awesome, most times the gamble paid off.

#SunsTBT: NBA Live 95 is the Greatest Basketball Video Game of All-Time | Phoenix Suns

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Any details on it yet or no?

Still early:

Winning Rookie of the Year massively fueled Luka Doncic to shine in 2020. He absolutely stole the show during the regular season with his knack for triple-doubles. He often switched between the Jordan Jumpman Diamonds and React Elevations as his regulars.

Luka-Doncic-Jordan-Jumpman-Diamond-PE-Ph

But now, the brand has announced that the Jordan 35’s have a special “Luka” edition, which is expected to roll out from May 2021, in Mavericks’ colors. It might just be too early after all for Doncic to receive his signature shoe deal with a brand.

25 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Still early:

Winning Rookie of the Year massively fueled Luka Doncic to shine in 2020. He absolutely stole the show during the regular season with his knack for triple-doubles. He often switched between the Jordan Jumpman Diamonds and React Elevations as his regulars.

Luka-Doncic-Jordan-Jumpman-Diamond-PE-Ph

But now, the brand has announced that the Jordan 35’s have a special “Luka” edition, which is expected to roll out from May 2021, in Mavericks’ colors. It might just be too early after all for Doncic to receive his signature shoe deal with a brand.

Apparently Zion getting one too. I’d be interested to know, of all the players who’ve ever gotten their own signature shoe, who has gotten the fewest models ever? Like does anyone has like the “Air Hobbes 1” but their was never a 2?

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Apparently Blake has this kind of pull. Lol

Not about him having pull.    They just wanna make sure that he doesnt get hurt before they can see if they can trade him.

Edited by d2o