2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

To play devil's advocate, why did she get removed from the game? It doesn't appear she did anything racist which in my opinion requires removal and ban from future games. She simply bantered with a player at courtside. I get that basketball is a bit more intimate with the proximity but could you imagine how many Eagles fans would get removed from games if this was the rule?

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

LeBron IS a fucking pussy though...do you think MJ would have had a couple fans kicked out of a game? Hell no, he would have dropped about 48 on the Hawks and then t-bagged that skank while enjoying a fine cigar.    

Good grief

Brooklyn. Man that team what an incredible amazing but also disjointed mess. They were down 7 in the 4th quarter and hit the NOS and went up 10 with about a minute and a half left and tried to lose the game from there. 
I don’t think anyone in the NBA can stop them (and it’s so easy to forget how good Kyrie is bc he’s such a dumb shit in a lot of ways- earth is flat- we are the coaches- post up 10 times a game) but damn that’s a team right now that looks like they might invent a stupid way to lose every night. 
by far most entertaining story line in the league this year for me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Brooklyn. Man that team what an incredible amazing but also disjointed mess. They were down 7 in the 4th quarter and hit the NOS and went up 10 with about a minute and a half left and tried to lose the game from there. 
I don’t think anyone in the NBA can stop them (and it’s so easy to forget how good Kyrie is bc he’s such a dumb shit in a lot of ways- earth is flat- we are the coaches- post up 10 times a game) but damn that’s a team right now that looks like they might invent a stupid way to lose every night. 
by far most entertaining story line in the league this year for me. 

Except they did the opposite as last game. Beautiful inbounds from Harden and then they fouled LAC up 3 instead of letting them shoot to tie. 

Maybe Nash is learning. Or Harden makes better decisions than Joe Harris.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Except they did the opposite as last game. Beautiful inbounds from Harden and then they fouled LAC up 3 instead of letting them shoot to tie. 

Maybe Nash is learning. Or Harden makes better decisions than Joe Harris.

Sure. I was talking about the lead going from 10 to 3 in less than a minute of game time. They held on but it was way the fuck closer than it should have been late. 
Also that green play could have gone wrong (waiting for the foul) but he pulled off the and one. I think if I was Nash I’d have preferred he dunked that and not have my shittiest FT shooter on the court wait for the other team to foul him. 
good and entertaining game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No. One is a problem for them, one is a problem for other teams. 😉

(Their D still sucks shit through a straw so the jury is out)

Saw a stat on clutch fans that their D is actually above average against Winning teams. They DGAF against below 500 teams. Weird that a team with KD Harden and Irving might not get up against games against scrubs. That’s a squad that you’d think screams focus. Bunch of try hard scrappers they’ve got there. 

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Saw a stat on clutch fans that their D is actually above average against Winning teams. They DGAF against below 500 teams. Weird that a team with KD Harden and Irving might not get up against games against scrubs. That’s a squad that you’d think screams focus. Bunch of try hard scrappers they’ve got there. 

I'd beleive that. I'd also expect some of it to regress. They've has some teams shoot out of the gym against them.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'd beleive that. I'd also expect some of it to regress. They've has some teams shoot out of the gym against them.

No doubt. 
I think end of the day I’d bet nets against the field in the East right now, and bet field against the Nets for title. I’d go LAL then Brooklyn 1-2 of picking for the title winner right now. 
I assume they will get a defensive minded big at the deadline or in the buyout market. 

FVV with a cool 54 points tonight on 17-23 (11-14 3P FG), with 3 blocks and 3 steals as icing on the cake. not bad for a guy who spent 4 years at a mid major where he averaged 10.2 ppg for his career.
I'm almost more impressed with the 3 blocks than I am about the 3s.

24 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:
FVV with a cool 54 points tonight on 17-23 (11-14 3P FG), with 3 blocks and 3 steals as icing on the cake. not bad for a guy who spent 4 years at a mid major where he averaged 10.2 ppg for his career.

I'm almost more impressed with the 3 blocks than I am about the 3s.

yeah, i mean he's basically Javan Felix's older brother, so the 3 blocks are damn impressive. 

Just to bring home what FVV did tonight:

•54 points on 23 FGA and 9 FTA

•Game Score of 50.3, the 22nd best ever since they started tracking the stat in 1984

•2nd time EVER that someone scored 50+ with a 100%+ TS

•Most points ever by an undrafted player 

•He's 5'10" and can't dunk

Edited by shadow_operative

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Tyrese Haliburton falling to the Kings is a textbook example of NBA GMs overthinking.

He’s a complimentary piece, and a very good one.   He reminds me of a young Iggy.  Teams picking at the top of the draft are looking for more than that, even if there is more risk.

30 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He’s a complimentary piece, and a very good one.   He reminds me of a young Iggy.  Teams picking at the top of the draft are looking for more than that, even if there is more risk.

Not arguing he should have been taken in the top 3. But the Knicks and Suns would have easily been better off taking him compared to their actual choices. And when you consider fit and need, the Pistons and even the Bulls are logical landing spots.

I understand the upside play, but in a weak draft, it's OK to just take a good player when he's available.

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

so the heat are 7-14.  i keep expecting them to turn it around, but we're now about 30% done with the season

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Same for me with Dallas and to a lesser extent Toronto, but yeah, Miami is the top of the list of things I scratch my head about in the NBA. 

I think for one we should’ve been pumping the brakes on Tyler Herro. They talked about him like he was an untouchable asset when talking about Bradley Beal. Jack Harlow is out here making a song about him lol. He’s a nice young player that has shown a lot of promise, but I think the bubble was a bit of a mirage for him. 

28 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think for one we should’ve been pumping the brakes on Tyler Herro. They talked about him like he was an untouchable asset when talking about Bradley Beal. Jack Harlow is out here making a song about him lol. He’s a nice young player that has shown a lot of promise, but I think the bubble was a bit of a mirage for him. 

Yeah- that’s was my point on them saying he and Robinson were untouchable for Harden. That was so nonsensical to me to value him that highly you’d stop his inclusion from getting you superstar?  Nah man, silly shit

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Bingo!!   I would have traded high with him for sure!   When they were rumored to be trying to put together a package for Harden some were saying he would be the sticking point.   Ridiculous.     Good young player.    Not nearly the budding superstar or even star that some tried to act like he was during the bubble

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Jimmy butlers had a weird year. He’s missed 3 weeks with covid and even in the games he played he scored 2 pts, 4 pts etc.

He's played the last 3 games, averaging a frankly shocking 36 minutes per game returning from COVID. He scored 30, 25, and 19 in those games. For the season his stats are at or above his career averages across the board.