2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

When is it too many?  I'd say they've reached and passed that number, whatever it is.

They will never use all of them.   They can throw a bunch of them to take on the next disgruntled superstar and hope they can convince him to stay like they did with PG

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No, he resigned before last year.  He has 2.5 years left on his current deal.

His contract is also calls for him to make less the next couple yrs.   24 this yr 22, next and so on.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Finally get to see what that 2006-2007 team would have looked like had Aldridge stayed for his Jr. season.

Damn, I don't Barnes could have even screwed up

Augustin, Gibson, Durant, Tucker, and Aldridge.

Abrams, James, Mason, Atchley, Pittman.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Surprised they signed LA I thought they had the washed up big that is a terrible fit in the modern NBA spot on lock when they got Blake Griffin.

Because it's an insane talent add? They need Aldridge to score like 8 points per game. Actually, they don't really need him at all. But he becomes a lot less washed when he's your 4th best player. 

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Finally get to see what that 2006-2007 team would have looked like had Aldridge stayed for his Jr. season.

Do you actually think KD played with Daniel Gibson and PJ Tucker? Give 'em Slater Martin and Chris Mihm while we're at it.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

You should have seen the rosters UNC and Duke could have trotted out in the 90’s and 00’s if all of their players had stayed all 4 years.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Because it's an insane talent add? They need Aldridge to score like 8 points per game. Actually, they don't really need him at all. But he becomes a lot less washed when he's your 4th best player. 

he can help spread the floor and hit open mid range shots if nothing more. Kyrie, Harden, KD, Harris, and LA on the court- how do you stop them? if you leave LA open he will hit shots all day. if you guard him the. you spread the floor for three offensive savants and one of the best knock down shooters in the game. this move makes more sense to me than the BG move for that reason alone. 

he can help spread the floor and hit open mid range shots if nothing more. Kyrie, Harden, KD, Harris, and LA on the court- how do you stop them? if you leave LA open he will hit shots all day. if you guard him the. you spread the floor for three offensive savants and one of the best knock down shooters in the game. this move makes more sense to me than the BG move for that reason alone. 
Know how I know you haven't watched the Spurs in three years?

38 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Know how I know you haven't watched the Spurs in three years?

He had his moments the last three years, but unless he was pulling a Harden he’s done. He’s become useless on the defense end and will never get the volume of shots he needs in Brooklyn to feel comfortable. That being said, it’s refreshing to see a Miami get fucked over. They can cry all they want about LA not going there, but there are these things called trades. If they really wanted him, they could’ve had him.

6 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Okay, cool. Should be fun to see what team my guys get to go after title number eighteen against this summer in the Finals.

If you don't have LeBron and AD both back healthy for the playoffs you're cooked. Nets need KD back, though. Maybe.