2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

On 3/13/2021 at 8:56 AM, Machinator said:

That sound you here is the MVP race opening right up again.

Maybe Jokic and Harden right after him? Kawhi? LeBron still up there but the Lakers have fallen off a cliff since AD went down. 

Giannis quietly having another absurd season but no way he wins 3 in a row.

It would be so interesting and entertaining to see what Kyrie and Harden could do in the playoffs with this squad. You'd have to think they'd flame out at some point but right now they have this team humming and are playing as well as anyone in the league. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I knew Randle would be great. I hated when the Lakers got him because I thought it was a steal. Fortunately it's taken him awhile to reach his potential.

yeah sometimes people forget just how young these one and done guys are when they give up on them.  randle is 26. 

6 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Graham Harrell taking a page out of Lebron's handbook by falling to the floor like he was shot in the back of the head over some minor, incidental contact 

I watched some of the first quarter. I think half of it was the Lakers complaining about calls.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I watched some of the first quarter. I think half of it was the Lakers complaining about calls.

The game before ended with the Knicks complaining about calls for the last 6 mins while playing "tight" fouling ass defense.

Reminded me of those Tim Duncan faces he used to make

duncansurprised2_medium.jpg

10 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah sometimes people forget just how young these one and done guys are when they give up on them.  randle is 26. 

Yep, just another reason why scouts knocking upper classmen is silly.   The thought that a guy has peaked at 22-23 is just plain stupid

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Nets have won 14 of their last 15 ... despite KD and Irving missing many of those games and Griffin yet to see the floor.

As others have noted, Blake doesn't belong in that "super team" category, but still, don't see how anyone could take them in a 7-game series.

The one challenge which MAY turn into an issue is too much of a good thing.  Sometimes, "super teams" take some time to figure out how to play with one another.  Lakers with the 4 HOFs with Malone/Payton.  Miami's big 3 in the first year.  A few other examples, but generally they figure it out.  They haven't played together much at all and when they did, they didn't look great.  So when KD comes back, that's a huge piece.  You're integrating your best player into a team which has been cruising without you.  It will be a challenge for him and a challenge for some of the others as they see shots, minutes, and energy taken away.  Now...... those are first world problems and these are veteran stars so I think they'll be fine if not for maybe a 10 game hiccup, but maybe an injury.  Maybe some chemistry issues.  I think they're the most talented team in the East right now, by a lot...... but with Covid and travel and injury, there is always risk.  Full strength?  I think they'll be the favorites..... no doubt unless a major piece moves to the Lakers.  Maybe the Clippers but it would have to be a really good major piece.