Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Brian Perroni: Three stand out to 4-star RB Seth McGowan as decision nears

KATY, Texas - It is a very good year for running backs in the state of Texas for the class of 2020. There are a pair of five-stars in North Shore's Zachary Evans and Aledo's Jase McClellan while Seth McGowan of Mesquite Poteet is ranked quite high himself. The 5-foot-11.5, 215-pound junior is ranked as the No. 118 overall prospect in the nation. Though he has yet to visit anywhere this spring, McGowan has a trio of schools he is planning to officially visit. "I haven't been anywhere this spring but I've got some officials coming up," McGowan said. "I'm taking them to Oklahoma, Georgia and Texas A&M. I don't have the dates yet, but I know I'm going to those three."

McGowan wants to get his visits - and a college decision - out of the way before too long. "Ideally, I'll take them all in the spring and summer," he said. "I don't really want to worry about it in the fall. But, if I can't make it happen, I can't make it happen. I'm not going to force it." McGowan recently narrowed his top group of schools but looks to have cut it down even more now. "I had done a top eight but those three, they would probably be my top three," he said of A&M, Georgia and Oklahoma.

With Texas A&M, McGowan says he feels comfortable in Aggieland. "I know they have a winning coach down there," he said of Jimbo Fisher. "Each year, I feel like they just show more and more how impressive they are. Every time I go down there, it just feels like home. They show great hospitality. That's what I like about them. I also always hear great things about the Aggie Network and just the program in all."

McGowan has taken an unofficial visit to Georgia and liked what he saw in Athens at that point. "They just shocked me when I went down there," he said. "I wasn't expecting everything I was presented with, from their facilities to just the calmness that surrounds that area. I like the academics and how they're set up, too. They're going to make sure their athletes are succeeding to their best potential. It was really outstanding. It was a phenomenal visit and it made me want to come back."

Oklahoma has also made a positive impression on the four-star back. "I've been up there more times than Georgia, obviously," McGowan said. "Each time they impress me more and more just with simple conversation and getting around their players more." McClellan has been committed to Oklahoma for quite some time already but McGowan says that does not affect how he views the Sooners. "I know Jase is committed there and he's a really good running back," McGowan said. "But, that doesn't matter to me. There's going be competition everywhere and I have to have confidence in my abilities."

As a junior, McGowan ran for 1,613 yards and 27 touchdowns.

Brian Perroni: 4-star DE Princely Umanmielen in frequent contact with four schools

KATY, Texas - When it comes to defensive linemen in the state of Texas in the class of 2020, there are a handful of prospects that are the clear-cut top members of the class. One of members of that small group of players is Manor defensive end Princely Umanmielen. The 6-foot-4, 256-pound junior was one of the top overall performers at Sunday's The Opening Houston regional camp. In fact, 247Sports named him as the top defensive performer of the day.

"I think I did pretty well. I got 'Top 5' on the d-linemen for the end. I feel like I should have won MVP," Umanmielen said, laughing, "But, you know, Nick (Booker-Brown) did his thing." As for who gave him the best run for his money, Umanmielen named a national top-1oo sophomore for one of the battles where the defender lined up inside. "Probably the 2021 guy, Bryce (Foster)," he said. "He's a big guy and really good. I went 1-1 against him."

On the recruiting front, Umanmielen has picked up a number of offers so far this spring and has a couple visits approaching in the next few weeks. "I'm going to LSU Mar. 22 and Oklahoma Mar. 30," he said. "I'm just going for unofficials for practices. About two weeks ago, I went to A&M. That was the last trip I took and that one was great."

With April fast-approaching, juniors will soon be allowed to take their official visits. Umanmielen is looking to set some up but has not scheduled any just yet. "I just know I'm not taking any Apr. 13," he said of his official visit schedule. "Because every school is having it the same day. They're all having their spring games and everybody is trying to get me to go then. I'm just going to stay home that day."

Umanmielen is still open in the process but says he is communication with a quartet of schools more frequently than the rest. "The ones I talk to the most at the moment are Texas, Oklahoma, A&M and Vanderbilt." he said. The first three are no surprise but Vanderbilt is somewhat of a new name with him. "They've been talking to me a lot," he said of the Commodores. "The whole coaching staff reached out to me. They're recruiting me heavily and I'm definitely interested."

Umanmielen is a bigger defensive end and worked against both the tackles and guards at different points on Sunday. He says his role in college will likely depend on the defense he plays in. "The schools running four-man fronts, they're telling me I'll play strong end with them," Umanmielen said. "And three-mans, I'll just sit in the 4i-technique. I'd probably rather be in a four-man and play strong end. But, if the school that I feel comfortable with runs a three-man front, then I'll make it work."

After Sunday's Opening Regional, 247Sports' Charles Power had the following to say in naming Umanmielen as the top defender from the camp.

"While there wasn’t a truly dominant performance on the defensive side of the ball, it was Umanmielen who caught our eye the most consistently. The 6-foot-4, 256-pounder continued a strong camp season on Sunday and was the top defensive lineman at an event for the second time this spring. Umanmielen impressed with his length and get-off and won reps at both defensive end and tackle over the course of the day. The Austin area prospect is still developing from a technique standpoint but is starting to put it together and drips upside. Still 16 years old, Umanmielen ran a 5.10 second 40-yard dash, 4.41 second short shuttle and jumped 34.7 inches- all strong numbers. Oklahoma and Texas account for the three picks in Umanmielen's Crystal Ball."

Perroni:

A&M got in with him a little later than Texas and OU but the Aggies are doing a really good job there. The four-man front and the success of Kingsley Keke as a pass rusher from that SDE spot this past season is a big selling point that he likes. At this point, I think it's a pretty even three-man race between A&M, OU and Texas. There is a very real chance he ends up at A&M.

Edited by satyanash

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Brian Perroni: 4-star DE Princely Umanmielen in frequent contact with four schools

Reveal hidden contents

KATY, Texas - When it comes to defensive linemen in the state of Texas in the class of 2020, there are a handful of prospects that are the clear-cut top members of the class. One of members of that small group of players is Manor defensive end Princely Umanmielen. The 6-foot-4, 256-pound junior was one of the top overall performers at Sunday's The Opening Houston regional camp. In fact, 247Sports named him as the top defensive performer of the day.

"I think I did pretty well. I got 'Top 5' on the d-linemen for the end. I feel like I should have won MVP," Umanmielen said, laughing, "But, you know, Nick (Booker-Brown) did his thing." As for who gave him the best run for his money, Umanmielen named a national top-1oo sophomore for one of the battles where the defender lined up inside. "Probably the 2021 guy, Bryce (Foster)," he said. "He's a big guy and really good. I went 1-1 against him."

On the recruiting front, Umanmielen has picked up a number of offers so far this spring and has a couple visits approaching in the next few weeks. "I'm going to LSU Mar. 22 and Oklahoma Mar. 30," he said. "I'm just going for unofficials for practices. About two weeks ago, I went to A&M. That was the last trip I took and that one was great."

With April fast-approaching, juniors will soon be allowed to take their official visits. Umanmielen is looking to set some up but has not scheduled any just yet. "I just know I'm not taking any Apr. 13," he said of his official visit schedule. "Because every school is having it the same day. They're all having their spring games and everybody is trying to get me to go then. I'm just going to stay home that day."

Umanmielen is still open in the process but says he is communication with a quartet of schools more frequently than the rest. "The ones I talk to the most at the moment are Texas, Oklahoma, A&M and Vanderbilt." he said. The first three are no surprise but Vanderbilt is somewhat of a new name with him. "They've been talking to me a lot," he said of the Commodores. "The whole coaching staff reached out to me. They're recruiting me heavily and I'm definitely interested."

Umanmielen is a bigger defensive end and worked against both the tackles and guards at different points on Sunday. He says his role in college will likely depend on the defense he plays in. "The schools running four-man fronts, they're telling me I'll play strong end with them," Umanmielen said. "And three-mans, I'll just sit in the 4i-technique. I'd probably rather be in a four-man and play strong end. But, if the school that I feel comfortable with runs a three-man front, then I'll make it work."

After Sunday's Opening Regional, 247Sports' Charles Power had the following to say in naming Umanmielen as the top defender from the camp.

"While there wasn’t a truly dominant performance on the defensive side of the ball, it was Umanmielen who caught our eye the most consistently. The 6-foot-4, 256-pounder continued a strong camp season on Sunday and was the top defensive lineman at an event for the second time this spring. Umanmielen impressed with his length and get-off and won reps at both defensive end and tackle over the course of the day. The Austin area prospect is still developing from a technique standpoint but is starting to put it together and drips upside. Still 16 years old, Umanmielen ran a 5.10 second 40-yard dash, 4.41 second short shuttle and jumped 34.7 inches- all strong numbers. Oklahoma and Texas account for the three picks in Umanmielen's Crystal Ball."

Perroni:

Keke - 11 TFL's and 7.5 sacks last year.

Omenihu- 18 TFL's and 9.5 sacks.

Shouldn't be hard to counter.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I mean, those are comparable numbers. It's not a stark difference.

But theres a stark difference in the kid’s perception, which is the point. He loves Keke’s fit but is down on our perceived defensive fit.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

But theres a stark difference in the kid’s perception, which is the point. He loves Keke’s fit but is down on our perceived defensive fit.

The counter to that is that if the statistical production is similar, it makes the already-preferred fit even more attractive. Princely didn't give any indication that he likes a four-down front just because he can rack up more sacks and TFLs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

The counter to that is that if the statistical production is similar, it makes the already-preferred fit even more attractive. Princely didn't give any indication that he likes a four-down front just because he can rack up more sacks and TFLs. 

I mean, that seems like a safe assumption to me

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Machinator said:

First, those numbers aren’t similar. 2 more sacks and 7 more TFLs is a huge difference over 13 games. Keke only had 2/3 the number of TFLs and sacks as Charles.

Princely doesn’t have to literally say stats are why. He wants to be in a position to maximize his production, which maximizes his draft potential. It’s obvious he thinks those two will happen better in a 4-3 instead of a 3 down, even though that’s not necessarily true. Hopefully we can use Omenihu to show all 3 of Broughton, Collins, and Princely that you can get good numbers and be drafted high in Orlando’s scheme.

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

2 more sacks  and 7 more tfl over how many more or less plays?

Not much difference in the play count.  Texas played one more game but the 7 OT rob job was almost 2 games worth of snaps.  Both teams were close to 100 offensive plays each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

He's a complex guy. It's not about him. It's about football philosophy in abstract.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Not much difference in the play count.  Texas played one more game but the 7 OT rob job was almost 2 games worth of snaps.  Both teams were close to 100 offensive plays each.

Texas defended almost 200 more plays last season than aggy. That defensive plays stat is really the biggest single reason why Jimbo had a decent first season over there.

Brian Perroni: Out-of-state playmaker sets up A&M official visit

A year ago, Texas A&M used its spring game weekend as a big one for official visits. It paid off with either commitments or big momentum with several top prospects including the likes of DeMarvin Leal and Baylor Cupp. This year, though, a lot of prospects have said the Aggies want them to visit during the season instead. It is a fine line to walk over trying to get early momentum vs. wanting to be one of the last trips to be on their mind late.

While the Maroon and White Game will not likely has as big an official visitor list as a year ago, one out-of-state prospect has set up his for that weekend. Oak Park, Mich., wide receiver Maliq Carr is a big player for the position at 6-foot-6, 230 pounds. Because of that, he is also being looked at as a flex tight end by a number of schools. Carr told 247Sports over the weekend that he will officially visit Aggieland the weekend of Apr. 13. He was offered by A&M in late January.

It will be tough to pull Carr from the Midwest as he spent much of the time in interviews over the weekend talking about both Michigan and Notre Dame. However, he did say he was excited to get to see College Station, which will be his first official. Carr currently has one Crystal Ball prediction for Michigan, one for Ohio State and one that is set to 'Foggy.' As a junior, he caught 21 passes for 815 yards and nine touchdowns.

So the company line distributed from The Ministrey now is that the aggies prefer that recruits visit during the season rather than the spring game?

if one was reading between the lines they’d think that was to avoid being embarrassed when all th kids end up in Austin and Norman that weekend.

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

So the company line distributed from The Ministrey now is that the aggies prefer that recruits visit during the season rather than the spring game?

if one was reading between the lines they’d think that was to avoid being embarrassed when all th kids end up in Austin and Norman that weekend.

I don't think it's unreasonable for them to prefer visitors not burn their official visits on the spring game. Assuming we're doing the same, there's plenty of embarrassment to go around

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

The narrative against the 3 man front is amusing, when the two best teams in the SEC (Bama and UGA) that ATM is always nut hugging run 3-4's

They no longer nut hug Georiga, because Texas beat them. LSU also uses an odd man front.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Caver60 said:

Texas defended almost 200 more plays last season than aggy. That defensive plays stat is really the biggest single reason why Jimbo had a decent first season over there.

While true, that is his philosophy, slow tempo offense to eliminate other teams offensive plays against his defense. Why he will usually have good defensive stats, and to be determined if it can hold up in current times. Good thing for him is he isn't going against top rated offenses in the SEC. 

Agree on your points. It's something that they sell to recruits over there, I'm sure. Fewer snaps, less wear and tear, preserving bodies for the League. It's a good argument for them because it can exist outside of the "our record is better than yours" sort of discussions.

40 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

Agree on your points. It's something that they sell to recruits over there, I'm sure. Fewer snaps, less wear and tear, preserving bodies for the League. It's a good argument for them because it can exist outside of the "our record is better than yours" sort of discussions.

Yes.  "We play against FCS and the worst teams in FBS OOC, plus primitive offenses that will make defenders look good in conference" sounds great on paper.  Of course the NFL is moving sharply away from that offensive style so it won't really prepare players for future demands in the pros.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Yes.  "We play against FCS and the worst teams in FBS OOC, plus primitive offenses that will make defenders look good in conference" sounds great on paper.  Of course the NFL is moving sharply away from that offensive style so it won't really prepare players for future demands in the pros.

Yeah but the numbers of SEC guys in the defat is inarguable (even though I agree with all your points), and there’s definitely an SEC bias in drafting as a result. Guys get a bump for producing in the SEC (and previously Big 12 defenders got a bump down). Time is definitely on our side. We can sell being the new look NFL conference.

Ultimately though, we’d just need to keep getting guys drafted. Once the 2018 guys finish their junior year, I expect our draft numbers and first round picks will see a large spike for the foreseeable future.

Tarp made it to the LB portion of his preview series and like the CB discussion it is delicious. Enjoy. 

Gigem247 is doing a breakdown of each position group as Texas A&M prepares to head into spring practice which is now just a day away. Here's a look at the linebacking corps which has a lot of question marks due to injuries and youth after the losses of multi-year starters Otaro Alaka and Tyrel Dodson.

ANTHONY HINES

Hines missed most of 2018 with a leg injury that required surgery. He's one of a few players that won't be at full contact but should be out there in a yellow jerseys participating and getting reps. He's expected back for fall camp without any issues. The good news is that Hines' absence will allow the younger players to get more reps than normal. The bad news is that linebacker is a contact position and that Hines may need the reps to get back to full speed sooner. 

At his best, Hines is very productive due the fact that he has great feet, fluid hips, can avoid blocks, has good vision to see how things are going to develop, and range. Hines also has great closing speed and the long arms to wrap people up or fend them off. He reads blocks well and has the burst to beat people to gaps regardless of whether they are blockers or ball carriers. His drops on coverage are also above average for someone his age. He also can run and change direction well enough that's he usually one of the first people down in coverage on special teams and is an excellent open field tackler. Those are the reasons he was basically the first backer off of the bench as a freshman and was slated to start at the Rover as a sophomore before going down.

BUDDY JOHNSON

The junior was more athlete than backer during his first two seasons at A&M, someone who played lots of different position in high school who was still learning to read blocks and deal with people coming at him from different angles. He took the place of the injured Alaka in the bowl game versus North Carolina State and started slowly but wound up with five tackles. He’s quick enough to avoid blocks when necessary, change direction in coverage, close quickly on the ball, and blitz. He's gotten bigger physically (up to 225 pounds) which should help him take on blockers. The reps he gets in the spring will help him grow into the position even more. 

AARON HANSFORD

The 2015 signee had good linebacker film in high school but came to Aggieland as a receiver (playing the position as a high school senior), suffered a season ending injury in 2016, redshirted, played sparingly in 2017, and was injured again in 2018. He's listed at 6 foot 3 and 240 pounds but he's missed a lot of time in College Station, hasn't played backer in three seasons, and is a wild card at best. He displayed the ability to run and close on the ball but in order to be the player that everyone hopes he can he's going to have to demonstrate a level of physicality that hasn't been a part of his game in some time. 

Here's what we had to say about him before he arrived on A&M's campus.

As an outside linebacker, he has closing speed and is effective as a blitzer coming off of the edge. His long arms enable him to have sufficient range to make plays on smaller offensive players in space, especially when he is covering down on slots. When he gets his hands on people, they tend to go down quickly. These attributes also make him effective on special teams in terms of him being able to get downfield quickly and make plays.

Hansford does not run a lot of polished routes at this stage of his career. He normally either gets downfield and goes up for the ball or takes a short pass and turns it upfield for a gain. If he is going to make it as a receiver, he has some work to do on that side of the ball. As a linebacker, he needs to be able to learn to shed and scrape over the top in order to make plays after contact rather than just rely on his physical abilities.

ANDRE WHITE JR. 

White is an early enrollee who played Mike linebacker at the high school level and he is built like one with a big frame and base.  He sees things very well on a football field. He’s not someone who is a sprinter but his vision enables him to make plays just about everywhere and from any angle. He understands how to avoid blocks and maintain the proper run fits within a run stopping scheme. White is disciplined and doesn’t overrun plays. However, when he reads something, he gets the jump ahead of everyone else to the ball. In pass coverage, White understands how to drop and yet maintain eye contact with potential route runners in order to follow the ball in the air and break on it. A&M needs White to step up in the spring so he can be in the rotation if necessary in the fall.

SUMMARY

A&M has a lot of question marks given the loss of Alaka and Dodson and the fact that newcomers will be getting significant reps at the position in the spring with some of them being held out of contact until the fall. One of the things that the linebacker corps benefitted from in 2018 was the play of the front four which kept them free to make plays and there will be a lot of different faces there as well in the spring. A&M needs at least one of the newcomers (White or Hansford) to emerge as no worse than a second backer alongside Johnson so that they'll at least have a three man rotation for the fall. 

And like most years, they'll need their starters to stay healthy until recruiting can fill the gaps on the depth chart that never seem to go away at the position. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

The 2015 signee had good linebacker film in high school but came to Aggieland as a receiver (playing the position as a high school senior), suffered a season ending injury in 2016, redshirted, played sparingly in 2017, and was injured again in 2018.

Verdict: sounds like a contributor

Good lord:

"Hines missed most of 2018 with a leg injury"

"The junior was more athlete than backer during his first two seasons"

"came to Aggieland as a receiver (playing the position as a high school senior), suffered a season ending injury in 2016, redshirted, played sparingly in 2017, and was injured again in 2018"

and a freshman.

Hell of a depth chart.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Good lord:

"came to Aggieland as a receiver (playing the position as a high school senior), suffered a season ending injury in 2016, redshirted, played sparingly in 2017, and was injured again in 2018"

and a freshman.

Hell of a depth chart.

Still can't believe they didn't take a JUCO.  Doesn't look like they are searching the grad transfer market either.

No way that defense can duplicate what it did last year.

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Good lord:

and a freshman.

Hell of a depth chart.

Four linebackers with two injured in 2018.  Sounds promising.    

59 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Tarp made it to the LB portion of his preview series and like the CB discussion it is delicious. Enjoy. 

Gigem247 is doing a breakdown of each position group as Texas A&M prepares to head into spring practice which is now just a day away. Here's a look at the linebacking corps which has a lot of question marks due to injuries and youth after the losses of multi-year starters Otaro Alaka and Tyrel Dodson.

ANTHONY HINES

Hines missed most of 2018 with a leg injury that required surgery. He's one of a few players that won't be at full contact but should be out there in a yellow jerseys participating and getting reps. He's expected back for fall camp without any issues. The good news is that Hines' absence will allow the younger players to get more reps than normal. The bad news is that linebacker is a contact position and that Hines may need the reps to get back to full speed sooner. 

At his best, Hines is very productive due the fact that he has great feet, fluid hips, can avoid blocks, has good vision to see how things are going to develop, and range. Hines also has great closing speed and the long arms to wrap people up or fend them off. He reads blocks well and has the burst to beat people to gaps regardless of whether they are blockers or ball carriers. His drops on coverage are also above average for someone his age. He also can run and change direction well enough that's he usually one of the first people down in coverage on special teams and is an excellent open field tackler. Those are the reasons he was basically the first backer off of the bench as a freshman and was slated to start at the Rover as a sophomore before going down.

BUDDY JOHNSON

The junior was more athlete than backer during his first two seasons at A&M, someone who played lots of different position in high school who was still learning to read blocks and deal with people coming at him from different angles. He took the place of the injured Alaka in the bowl game versus North Carolina State and started slowly but wound up with five tackles. He’s quick enough to avoid blocks when necessary, change direction in coverage, close quickly on the ball, and blitz. He's gotten bigger physically (up to 225 pounds) which should help him take on blockers. The reps he gets in the spring will help him grow into the position even more. 

AARON HANSFORD

The 2015 signee had good linebacker film in high school but came to Aggieland as a receiver (playing the position as a high school senior), suffered a season ending injury in 2016, redshirted, played sparingly in 2017, and was injured again in 2018. He's listed at 6 foot 3 and 240 pounds but he's missed a lot of time in College Station, hasn't played backer in three seasons, and is a wild card at best. He displayed the ability to run and close on the ball but in order to be the player that everyone hopes he can he's going to have to demonstrate a level of physicality that hasn't been a part of his game in some time. 

As an outside linebacker, he has closing speed and is effective as a blitzer coming off of the edge. His long arms enable him to have sufficient range to make plays on smaller offensive players in space, especially when he is covering down on slots. When he gets his hands on people, they tend to go down quickly. These attributes also make him effective on special teams in terms of him being able to get downfield quickly and make plays.

Hansford does not run a lot of polished routes at this stage of his career. He normally either gets downfield and goes up for the ball or takes a short pass and turns it upfield for a gain. If he is going to make it as a receiver, he has some work to do on that side of the ball. As a linebacker, he needs to be able to learn to shed and scrape over the top in order to make plays after contact rather than just rely on his physical abilities.

ANDRE WHITE JR. 

White is an early enrollee who played Mike linebacker at the high school level and he is built like one with a big frame and base.  He sees things very well on a football field. He’s not someone who is a sprinter but his vision enables him to make plays just about everywhere and from any angle. He understands how to avoid blocks and maintain the proper run fits within a run stopping scheme. White is disciplined and doesn’t overrun plays. However, when he reads something, he gets the jump ahead of everyone else to the ball. In pass coverage, White understands how to drop and yet maintain eye contact with potential route runners in order to follow the ball in the air and break on it. A&M needs White to step up in the spring so he can be in the rotation if necessary in the fall.

SUMMARY

A&M has a lot of question marks given the loss of Alaka and Dodson and the fact that newcomers will be getting significant reps at the position in the spring with some of them being held out of contact until the fall. One of the things that the linebacker corps benefitted from in 2018 was the play of the front four which kept them free to make plays and there will be a lot of different faces there as well in the spring. A&M needs at least one of the newcomers (White or Hansford) to emerge as no worse than a second backer alongside Johnson so that they'll at least have a three man rotation for the fall. 

And like most years, they'll need their starters to stay healthy until recruiting can fill the gaps on the depth chart that never seem to go away at the position. 

Should’ve just said we’ve got total shit and no proven experience at the position, but I’m going to pump sunshine about these guys and the 5 LBs we signed out of HS—none of which were in the top 300–because your feeble minds can’t handle anything else. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

ANTHONY HINES

BUDDY JOHNSON

AARON HANSFORD

ANDRE WHITE JR. 

SUMMARY

Maybe I was a year early in predicting their defense to turn into a shitshow? 

Just now, Fud said:

It’s hard to see how they don’t have a big drop off on both sides. 

Mom D, They lost Keke, Mack, I think one other string DL? (Durham maybe), Alaka, Dodson, and Wilson. Other than Madinuke, those were pretty much all their best players on D and it’s not like they have more talented players to replace those guys, other than Leal who’s a TR FR. 

On O, they lost Williams, Sternberger, and McCoy who were fat and away their three best players.

thats a ton of experienced talent to replace and they don’t have the talent/depth to do it.

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

They are going to have to stay healthy but the reality is ... 

Texas State

at Clemson

Lamar

Auburn

Arky (Dallas)

Bama

at Ole Miss

Miss State

UTSA

SCar

at UGA

at LSU

there are some really shitty opps and some terrible to middling offenses among even the good teams they face. If they continue to keep the total number of plays low and slow the entire pace of the game, it benefits them greatly.