Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Lobwedgephil said:

7, the ministry says they are withholding the last name as he's committed to another SEC school.

I believe it’s an offensive lineman from Miss that is committed to Miss St. I work with a former bulldog walk-on that said aggy sent the bag man.

so from what little I understand about SEC recruiting, sending the bagmen for recruits in your own state is fine, but when you start outbidding the hometown team for out of state recruits you start ruffling feathers. would this behavior get aggy in trouble with the other sec teams? or does no one care because it's MSU?

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

so from what little I understand about SEC recruiting, sending the bagmen for recruits in your own state is fine, but when you start outbidding the hometown team for out of state recruits you start ruffling feathers. would this behavior get aggy in trouble with the other sec teams? or does no one care because it's MSU?

There are no rules. Everyone is dirty.  Bama has come in last minute and outbid Aggy for recruits in Texas all the time.  (Waddle)

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe they didn’t outbid, just bid their slot number, and the kid might take less to go there. Would help if I knew how much of a difference we were talking about. Is there not a spreadsheet at sec recruiting dot com that I could reference?

It's also possible it wasn't their overall bid, just their unofficial visit deposit, and he's cashing it in even though he's still accepting the first line of credit.

52 minutes ago, Viper said:

You probably just have to be extra careful in enemy territory. And Enemy territory doesn't really have to mean "in some other school's state." But for sure the general area of that other university. You don't wanna go into the Baton Rouge area paying a garage to fix (insert 4* athlete)'s momma's car if you're Arky. There's no one around there who's not LSU. You'd have to get a bit more creative. But you're gunna know who's in your network, or very easy to find out. 

Edited by UncleBuck

On 5/25/2019 at 4:28 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Ended up at Bama.

https://www.nolegameday.com/landon-dickerson-makes-his-transfer-decision/

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If by "sleeper pick" he means someone who can afford to sleep through the first round, then yes.

Manziel was a "sleeper" pick too.  He slept through his online classes.at aggy.  He slept through the Manning Quarterback camp.  He slept through Browns gameday with a Las Vegas induced hangover. 

Kenny Hill did not get picked but he did sleep in a planter box outside the Dixie Chicken on a Friday night just before gameday.  Trevor Knight slept through his opportunity in the AAF.  

• Like 2

Jimbo Baggins loses again to Saban  😆😆😆

Saban gets grad-transfer FSU OL.... 

Landon Dickerson makes his transfer decision

By Dustin Lewis

Former Florida State offensive lineman Landon Dickerson had reportedly narrowed his eyes on two teams from the SEC West, Texas A&M, and Alabama, since entering the Transfer Portal last week. He’s quickly come to a decision. A source close to the offensive lineman tells NoleGameday that the North Carolina native will be transferring to one of the top programs in the nation, Alabama. Dickerson will have two years of eligibility remaining and will be able to play immediately able to play after graduating in the summer.

The 6-foot-6, 320-pound offensive lineman never really found his footing in Tallahassee. He had an outstanding true freshman season, starting the first seven games before suffering an ACL injury. Since then, Dickerson hasn’t been able to stay healthy. He started the first four games of 2017 but missed the final nine with injuries. And we know what happened in 2018, Dickerson was limited to just two games of action due to a multitude of ailments.

Dickerson has also had to go through three offensive line coaches in basically three seasons. Rick Trickett led the unit in Dickerson’s first two years until Greg Frey took over in 2018 as the new coaching staff settled in under Willie Taggart. FSU parted ways with Frey earlier this offseason and hired Randy Clements to take his place alongside new offensive coordinator Kendal Briles. That instability along with bad injury luck could be in large part why he decided to take a chance on starting fresh elsewhere.

It is a little surprising that Dickerson didn’t follow his former head coach Jimbo Fisher to College Station. Instead, he’ll try to make an impact on a team that has won two of the past four National Championships. Alabama returns just three starting offensive linemen so there’s certainly an opportunity for the former four-star recruit to find his way into the lineup. He has the talent, he just hasn’t been able to stay consistently healthy.

Maybe that’ll change in Tuscaloosa.

49 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Manziel was a "sleeper" pick too.  He slept through his online classes.at aggy.  He slept through the Manning Quarterback camp.  He slept through Browns gameday with a Las Vegas induced hangover. 

But he didn't sleep through that blowout with Luicci though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This isn't a shock. Any Texas coach should be able to see through his bullshit. He's not a good coach.

He also rides his QBs very hard. It combines the worst of the hardass coach vibe (see grabbing Mond's facemask on the sideline) with not actually being much good at it.

• Like 1

Some of comments I've seen on the Vols board is when they hired the Georgia OC ( Cheney ), he made King his #1 target for QB even though they already had a QB commit and has been on him since he was hired. 

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

7 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

7, the ministry says they are withholding the last name as he's committed to another SEC school.

Speculation that it's Akinola.

It was already known the OL from Mississippi was visiting.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Everyone is dirty.  Bama has come in last minute and outbid Aggy for recruits in Texas all the time.  (Waddle)

Saying Alabama is dirty just because they outbid Texas and A&M and nearly everyone else for recruits is framing the issue in the most unfavorable possible way. A more politically correct way to frame it is to say that Alabama is—and has been—ahead of the curve when it comes to providing long overdue reparations.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Slo'neal is the poster child for aggy lack of self awareness.  Talking shit to a fat ogre who could run him down and squash him, with a team who they barely beat once since joining their conference -- on the heels of said conference admitting aggy shouldn't have won that game.

Makes you appreciate what a great haul of DBs we took in that class, guys who would bury him in the depth chart and show out on Saturday's rather than showing what a cancer they are on social media. 

Bilbo rockhead might be the king of Vegas wearing his nugget ring, but he sucks ass at evaluation and culture. The fact it will take aggy ~4 more years to realize how bad they fucked up that hire is simply priceless. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, golfclap said:

holy fuck, I went back but didn't see any comments -- did you guys happen to miss this gem from Tarp? Or did I miss the discussion? 

Mond-st-Rd.png

10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If by "sleeper pick" he means someone who can afford to sleep through the first round, then yes.

hill.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deej said:

If you're happy to be driven out to a field full of sheep. Or corps members.

It's the same place. If the sheep are there, the corps will be there too.

Edited by RabidM
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Christ. Yes catching a ride is the real issue. It’s certainly not the fact that you are all a bunch of backwater rubes and College Station is a shithole.

Driving to A&M to deal with my dog's issues, I make sure to stop in Caldwell on the way back as a palate cleanser.