Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

*Kind of like Drayton against ________________________

A.) The Ghost of Traylon Shead
B.) Bees
C.) A light gust of wind
D.) Oscar Motherfuckin' Giles

You shut your whore mouth. Drayton will curb stomp Incarnate Word’s RB coach right after he’s done pistol whipping ACU’s RB coach for that same player.

Point being, if you’re a RB coach going after the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup to UT’s #1 RB option, you better watch the fuck out. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Perroni is just dovetailing off of Broughton's last visit. The only thing Perroni knows for certain is Broughton isn't going to aggy.

Aggy being the last visit is just begging for them to be stood up on his OV. 

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

*Kind of like Drayton against ________________________

A.) The Ghost of Traylon Shead
B.) Bees
C.) A light gust of wind
D.) Oscar Motherfuckin' Giles

You left off E. I'm reporting this question to the Testing Board.

Edited by Bevo14

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Coming off an official visit this past weekend to Arkansas and one earlier this spring to Texas, Houston Cy Ridge four-star defensive end Vernon Broughton has now scheduled his final three official visits as well.

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound defender, who is ranked as the No. 70 prospect in the nation, will use all three visits over the next three weekends. It will be LSU on June 7, Ohio State June 14 and Texas A&M June 21.

"I set it up about two weeks ago," he said of his LSU trip this coming weekend. "I've been there before so I probably just want to see how the coaches treat me, see what my family likes about it and then see from there."

Broughton says there are a few draws to Baton Rouge.

"I've been talking to coach (Dennis) Johnson, the d-line coach. My mom came from there, so you know it's in the blood," he said. "And I like it up there. And the seafood is amazing. You know I like to eat."

Ohio State will be a new destination for Broughton.

"Ohio State, I've never been up there," he said. "I want to see the coaches, see how the school looks, see how everything's planned out, see where they've got me playing or looking for me to play.

Coach Larry (Johnson), he's sent many people to the league and I like that. That's where I'm trying to go in three years, unless I get hurt. I'll stay behind and get my education if not that."

Broughton was at A&M for a camp on Wednesday and will be back in a few weeks.

"A&M, it's the same thing (as Ohio State)," he said of the draw to Aggieland. "Coach Price, he sends players to the league. He just sent Myles Garrett, the No. 1 overall pick. You can't do better than that."

Already 285 pounds, Broughton knows some schools think he should move inside. However, he wants to stay at defensive end.

"Coach Price (from A&M) is saying end," Broughton said. "The Razorbacks are saying end. LSU's saying end. I know all schools are going to say that and not all them would put me at end. But all the ones I'm visiting, I would play end."

With his officials out of the way soon, a commitment will follow not too long after.

"By the end of the summer," Broughton said, succinctly, before adding, "Oh, it's coming. Trust me, it's coming."

To a question of if he had an idea in his mind where he would likely end up, Broughton gave an interesting answer.

"Yeah, I have an idea, but you know I can't tell you," he said, laughing. "It's going to be crazy when y'all see. Just know that."

5COMMENTSIn the end, he is looking for a few things in particular.

"All campuses are nice. It's just where they've got me playing and see how the coaches are going to treat me.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Amazing job by coach price to take the #1 high school recruit in the country and in 3 short years get him drafted #1 overall. They must have won their conference once or twice with that kind of talent and coaching. Or at least their division. 

He never seemed to make progress as a college athlete either. Maybe he coasted. Maybe his coaches sucked. Or maybe both.

40 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He never seemed to make progress as a college athlete either. Maybe he coasted. Maybe his coaches sucked. Or maybe both.

He totally coasted. Why would he waste any effort on that shit program when he had the potential earnings of over $150M on the table.

This is impressive, but his job is probably on the line. The dad line is my favorite. 

Spoiler

Watch Topic

A pair of updates to this weekend's OV list

Ryan Brauninger

4:34p, 6/5/19

Staff

- A&M Consolidated WR Devin Price told me he's going to take his official visit to Texas A&M this weekend. The Aggie staff, particularly Dameyune Craig, have been working this one hard. 

- After hearing it may be a possibility, I checked with an east Texas source who doesn't believe Tyler John Tyler CB Kitan Crawford will end up making it to town this weekend. I've yet to hear back from the kid himself, but I'd put it as doubtful. 

- Lastly, in case you missed it, CyRidge DE Vernon Broughton will take his final OV to Texas A&M this summer. He's camping at A&M today and will officially visit LSU this weekend. He'll follow that up with a trip to Ohio St.

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to SanDiegoAg12 • 5:05p, 6/5/19

Staff

SanDiegoAg12 said:

Is it a first to commit for Troy Omiere and Devin Price or do you think A&M has spots for both?

I have a hard time seeing A&M not taking both at this point if they both want in

If you look at it, 2021 isn't real big at the WR spots. A lot of the top prospects in that class are smaller guys right now. If the Aggies want more size, they could take Price and Omeire in 2020.

Ryan Brauninger

5:16p, 6/5/19

Staff

Omeire is a big dude with already a bunch of mass to his frame.

Price isn't as thick, but his frame looks like it'll hold a lot more weight 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to lockett93 • 5:17p, 6/5/19

Staff

mm98 said:

I believe if you take an OV to the school you cannot be on the team as a walk on. 

I could have the rule wrong but that is my understanding 

lockett93 said:

Wouldn't it make sense to give poppa a "raise" of the same amount the scholarship is worth and have him walk on? 

You're not going to make a kid walk on that has a scholarship offer and is being recruited by other schools. It's sort of a slap in the face. 

Jimbo told Devin, "I don't care who your daddy is. You can play football here."

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Spartan2141 • 5:54p, 6/5/19

Staff

Spartan2141 said:

Waiting on this big name potential visitor......

So am I. 

As soon as we get confirmation, we'll run it 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to thelaw4 • 6:06p, 6/5/19

Staff

thelaw4 said:

I doubt Price would be on the radar if his dad wasn't on staff, the kid is big but not all that athletic and is very raw. 

He doesn't hold a single other offer of the caliber of A&M. 

I could make an argument that he doesn't hold offers from a lot of schools because of who his dad is, as well. 

As far as your analysis on him, I think you're off base. 

13 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

This is impressive, but his job is probably on the line. The dad line is my favorite. 

Hide contents

Watch Topic

A pair of updates to this weekend's OV list

Ryan Brauninger

4:34p, 6/5/19

Staff

- A&M Consolidated WR Devin Price told me he's going to take his official visit to Texas A&M this weekend. The Aggie staff, particularly Dameyune Craig, have been working this one hard. 

- After hearing it may be a possibility, I checked with an east Texas source who doesn't believe Tyler John Tyler CB Kitan Crawford will end up making it to town this weekend. I've yet to hear back from the kid himself, but I'd put it as doubtful. 

- Lastly, in case you missed it, CyRidge DE Vernon Broughton will take his final OV to Texas A&M this summer. He's camping at A&M today and will officially visit LSU this weekend. He'll follow that up with a trip to Ohio St.

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

SanDiegoAg12 said:

Is it a first to commit for Troy Omiere and Devin Price or do you think A&M has spots for both?

I have a hard time seeing A&M not taking both at this point if they both want in

If you look at it, 2021 isn't real big at the WR spots. A lot of the top prospects in that class are smaller guys right now. If the Aggies want more size, they could take Price and Omeire in 2020.

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to lockett93 • 5:17p, 6/5/19

Staff

mm98 said:

I believe if you take an OV to the school you cannot be on the team as a walk on. 

I could have the rule wrong but that is my understanding 

lockett93 said:

Wouldn't it make sense to give poppa a "raise" of the same amount the scholarship is worth and have him walk on? 

You're not going to make a kid walk on that has a scholarship offer and is being recruited by other schools. It's sort of a slap in the face. 

Jimbo told Devin, "I don't care who your daddy is. You can play football here."

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Spartan2141 • 5:54p, 6/5/19

Staff

Spartan2141 said:

Waiting on this big name potential visitor......

So am I. 

As soon as we get confirmation, we'll run it 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to thelaw4 • 6:06p, 6/5/19

Staff

thelaw4 said:

I doubt Price would be on the radar if his dad wasn't on staff, the kid is big but not all that athletic and is very raw. 

He doesn't hold a single other offer of the caliber of A&M. 

I could make an argument that he doesn't hold offers from a lot of schools because of who his dad is, as well. 

As far as your analysis on him, I think you're off base. 

This is my fav line :

The Aggie staff, particularly Dameyune Craig, have been working this one hard.

55 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

This is impressive, but his job is probably on the line. The dad line is my favorite. 4:34p, 6/5/19

Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

StaffRyan Brauninger

Staff

Of course his frame will hold a lot more weight. His dad is a fat tub of shit, The Klumps-looking ass. 

• Like 1

The "2021 class doesn't have been receivers" talking point for trying to explain away taking four outside guys in the 2020 class is amusing. 

Nine receivers over two classes for Jimbo's "pro style offense". 

If I am a college football recruit, the last thing I want to do is go to the school my dad works at.

How often do position coaches stay at one school for five years? That's got to be pretty rare. What do you do when your dad gets shit-canned or the head coach gets fired?

Plus, who the fucks wants to be coached in front of your peers by your own dad? He'd either bust your balls harder, or show you favoritism that would piss off the team  mates.

Fuck all of that.

Just now, Orange&White said:

If I am a college football recruit, the last thing I want to do is go to the school my dad works at.

How often do position coaches stay at one school for five years? That's got to be pretty rare. What do you do when your dad gets shit-canned or the head coach gets fired?

Plus, who the fucks wants to be coached in front of your peers by your own dad? He'd either bust your balls harder, or show you favoritism that would piss off the team  mates.

Fuck all of that.

Michael Johnson Jr's dad (prospect link below) was a position coach at Oregon when he was a recruit, and he never showed serious interest in going there

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Johnson-Jr-89906/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fud said:

The "2021 class doesn't have been receivers" talking point for trying to explain away taking four outside guys in the 2020 class is amusing. 

Assuming Jimbo takes Price and Omeire and keeps Muhammad and Demas, he'll have taken 12 WRs in his first three classes at A&M.

From 2014 to 2019, Saban took 13 WRs in six classes. 

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Assuming Jimbo takes Price and Omeire and keeps Muhammad and Demas, he'll have taken 12 WRs in his first three classes at A&M.

Don't worry, they've got a roster full of QBs that can drop dimes all over the field in that pro style offense where they disdain passing the ball anyway. Mond is basically a surgeon. Compared to Mr. Magoo. 

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

Saban didn't have to take a bunch of mostly second tier receivers and see which worked out and portal the rest.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Especially for a coach that doesn't have a stellar track record of developing receivers

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Saban didn't have to take a bunch of mostly second tier receivers and see which worked out and portal the rest.

You know, my gut instinct when I read your post was "Wait a second, he's had plenty of talent we wanted at WR." But I went back and looked at it, and you're right. It mostly is trash. Outside of Preston in 2017, and Wright last year, and now Demas this class, it really just has been warm body after warm body for the remainders. Talk about Top Heavy.  

36 minutes ago, Fud said:

That is how Dumbo is going to sneak into his high-powered new offense. He doesn't think anyone's noticing who he picks up.

poooooor aggy

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

He's going to regret saying that.

It's Fong, he can just float in and out. Tarp usually ends up taking these meltdowns on the chin and then tries to tell his subs things like "since 2012 UT has 50 FBS wins and A&M has 52, and UT just won an NY6 bowl, which we haven't done in that period" and they don't understand what that means.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:
7 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

He's going to regret saying that.

It's Fong, he can just float in and out. Tarp usually ends up taking these meltdowns on the chin and then tries to tell his subs things like "since 2012 UT has 50 FBS wins and A&M has 52, and UT just won an NY6 bowl, which we haven't done in that period" and they don't understand what that means.

Agree.  In a year, he'll move on down the road with his Elko connection and not post on the aggy boards for another several years.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You know, my gut instinct when I read your post was "Wait a second, he's had plenty of talent we wanted at WR." But I went back and looked at it, and you're right. It mostly is trash. Outside of Preston in 2017, and Wright last year, and now Demas this class, it really just has been warm body after warm body for the remainders. Talk about Top Heavy.   

I liked Chapman, but he was a maroon blooded aggie honk we had no shot at. I bet he ends up having a very productive career there

Given Preston's struggles and Rogers hot and cold production, it'll be interesting to see how productive Wright and Demas (if they sign him and if he makes it to campus) are, since they're similarly freaky raw athletes who don't WR soft skill things like run deep route trees, read defenses, play hard every play, block, etc