Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

35 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I'd  rather he put together a string of 6-6. 5-7 and  7-5 years but atm can't fire him because of that stupid contract. 

I'd rather he burn it down, they fire him and have to keep paying him 7.5M a year for the remainder AND they offer Lester 100M over 10 years so they can have another Sitting. MNC.  Winning.  Coach.  

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I'd rather he burn it down, they fire him and have to keep paying him 7.5M a year for the remainder AND they offer Lester 100M over 10 years so they can have another Sitting. MNC.  Winning.  Coach.  

Les has had a child at aggy; he is therefore now experienced enough to know better than to take that job. No, they are just going to have to go all in on the Chizik sweepstakes.

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Les has had a child at aggy; he is therefore now experienced enough to know better than to take that job. No, they are just going to have to go all in on the Chizik sweepstakes.

He obviously doesn't have the remaining ego to think he can still win anything of consequence, just adding to his retirement or something.   aggy will give up 9 figures guaranteed contract, why not?  

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

I'd rather he drop them in the dirt in November, leaving their administration with their pants down, their recruits scrambling, and going somewhere else (let's be honest, probably Auburn?) with absolutely no repercussions because his contract has no fucking buyout.

Does the aggy administration ever have their pants up?

38 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Of course they did, 

Aggy bought their players bowl rings and engraved the LSU score on the inside. 

Nerd chills 

JFC that is pitiful, even for aggy.

34 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Because.

ShowImage.aspx?imageid=1906

I haven't lived there like you but spent enough time around that shithole to get what you are saying. But 100M for the 2-3 years it would take to prove they made another huge mistake?

I would certainly take that gig, find some "network" jets and spend a fuckton of time out recruiting OL in Polynesia.   Maybe look for a diamond in the rough in the Seychelles, no stone unturned and whatnot. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tennessee mods on 247 feel good about them landing King.

Kid loves SEC and dad hates Jimbo. Aggy losing him to Tennessee auburn or arky will be glorious! Next Hope is they go all out for Seals and he sticks with vandy

Spoiler

Liucci

12:22a, 6/4/19

Staff

AG

-On Monday, Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies added a commitment for the second time in as many days, this one coming from longtime priority target Mushin Muhammad III. The nationally-ranked wide receiver out of Charlotte's Myers Park High in North Carolina chose the Aggies over a host of college football powers.

The 6-0, 185-pound playmaker caught 58 passes for just over 1,000 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior, bursting onto the national scene and landing squarely on Aggie WR coach Dameyune Craig's radar. Craig had a connection, as he was a teammate of the prize recruit's father, Carolina Panther great Mushin Muhammad II. When 'Moose' first visited College Station early this spring, the Ags emerged as the team to beat and his mind appears to have been made up prior to making a return trip a couple of weeks ago.

This is a monster get for Jimbo Fisher and the Ags' offensive staff for a lot of reasons but none bigger than the simple fact that Mushin is a flat-out gamebreaker who can score any time he touches the football. Muhammad is around a 4.5 guy, meaning he possesses good speed and he'll also play with good size (probably in the 6-0 or 6-1, 200-pound range) but what truly sets the latest addition to A&M's 2020 haul apart are things like exceptional quickness, next-level route running and elite, uncoachable ball skills. The dude can just go up, locate and catch the football. We're talking exceptional hands here. His awareness and football IQ appear off-the-charts good and Muhammad is versatile enough that he could probably line up anywhere in the formation, inside or out. Get Moose locked in a one-on-one situation and he's going to come down with the catch with stunning regularity. Because he does such a good job of finding the football and adjusting to the throw, he's particularly dangerous on fades and in the red zone. Just watch the tape and decide for yourself, this young man is a playmaker in every sense of the word and looks like he was born to play the position. Even as a four-star, borderline national top-100 prospect, he's underrated.

Muhammad was actually offered by Alabama on Monday, just hours before he dropped a pretty amazing commitment video announcing he was an Aggie, and chose TAMU shortly after announcing a final eight that included Ohio State, Auburn, Oregon, Tennessee, NC State, North Carolina and Michigan State (his father's alma mater). He's the Ags' eighth 2020 commit and second out-of-state pledge.

-We've been saying this since just before the weekend (and I've had him as a slight A&M lean for a while now) but Dameyune Craig and the Aggies probably aren't yet done at the wide receiver position. In fact, the Ags could get more good news in the very near future. Fort Bend Austin's Troy Omeire is coming off of a tremendous visit and is rumored to be about as close as it gets to shutting it down in favor of the SEC's Texas outpost. If the 6-3, 215-pounder selects the Aggies over the Longhorns, A&M would hold commits from then nation's No. 2 (Demas), 17 (Omeire) and 25 (Muhammad) prospects at the position - a three-man haul that will likely rank among the nation's top three. With all three pass-catchers ranked in the top-115 nationally per 247, a class featuring Demas, Muhammad and Omeire would be as star-studded a wide receiver trio as the Aggies have ever signed in one class.

-Tight end, wide receiver and defensive line, in that order. Those are the three positions where the Aggies have made the most significant roster strides in terms of stockpiling high-end SEC West talent since Fisher assembled his staff in January of 2018. If the Ags close this group out as expected and stack it with last year's four-man crop headlined by Daylon Wright, the future is indeed 'in good hands' and the tradition of excellence in the SEC ushered in by Mike Evans and Ryan Swope and carried on by Christian Kirk, Josh Reynolds (and hopefully the Ags' current trio of junior starters) will continue. Heck, with the way Craig has recruited the position of late, Texas A&M wideouts might take things to another level altogether.

-Are you getting the feeling that Jimbo and the Aggies are about to go on one of those white-hot recruiting runs we've grown accustomed to seeing since the memorable stretch in the 48 hours leading up to National Signing Day, 2018? Yeah, so am I. That's exactly why I've been preaching patience on the boards, social media and radio for the past couple of months. Fisher knows what he's doing and he's as good a closer and overall recruiter as you're going to find when it comes to head coaches. With Blake Smith and Mushin Mohammad officially in the boat, the Aggies now set their sights on several other primary 2020 targets that they either lead with or, in some cases, are close to reeling into the boat. That 'end of summer' list includes names like FB Austin WR Troy Omeire, Longview QB Haynes King, Richmond (NJ) St. Aug's Prep DT Isaiah Raikes, Memphis OT Chris Morris, Pennsylvania four-star OT Michael Carmody and LB Antonio Doyle of Hazelwood (MO) Lutheran North HS. Jimbo and Co. have another couple of surprises up his sleeve, as well, and (as Howell and Brauny have mentioned repeatedly over the past couple of days) the Aggies are expecting a LOT of coast-to-coast talent on campus over the next 2-3 weeks There will absolutely be a name or two added to the commitment list in June that we're not expecting at this time and you'll see more of the same in July. It won't be long before you see A&M's Class of 2020 right back squarely inside the top-10. I've been saying it all along and things will continue to trend rapidly in that direction throughout the remainder of the summer.

-Finally, if you start to consider what the Ags have the chance to do on offense in 2020, things start to look pretty damn impressive for the Maroon & White. We've talked receiver and the Ags have their tight end in Blake Smith. They could add another (A&M made Arik Gilbert's top-10) but, for now, let's assume they only ink the big man from Southlake. The Ags came out of this weekend in tremendous shape to land Longview quarterback Haynes King, their chosen in-state signal-caller (and the best in Texas). Up front, the Ags could conceivably end up inking a class headlined by at least three members of this four-star group: Garrett Hayes, Chris Morris, Akinola Ogunbiyi, Michael Carmody, Ty'Kiest Crawford and Xavier Hill. Things are still very much in the air at tailback, but I'm here to tell you that Jay Graham is one of the nation's top recruiters at the position and he's going to ultimately get his man, not to mention the fact that the Ags are still in the hunt for all of their original targets (yes, all of them). Find your running back and put that class together, and Jimbo Fisher and Co. will have assembled an elite haul at the position. And this is a very realistic scenario we're talking about, not a pie in the sky or 'best case scenario' deal. Adding commits from Smith and Muhammad the past two days represent a couple of big steps towards that end.

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975cf71a885436653545

"Around 4.5" is his shuttle time, not 40.  But looch never lets a good fact get in the way, and aggy ALWAYS lands the underrated guys who are actually the best at their respective position.  Every position, every year.  

• Like 1

With any, and I mean any other school, that would totally be a photoshop.

If vandy beat lsu they would make rings for the players.

I do still wonder if that isnt a real thing. I know they can screen print some shirts in a hurry with a random win, but a ring? I'd have to see it.

5 hours ago, Hizzaz Mahdoud said:

When 'Moose' first visited College Station early this spring, the Ags emerged as the team to beat and his mind appears to have been made up prior to making a return trip a couple of weeks ago.

A moose once bit my sister.

Makes a lot of sense now. With a name like that, he probably had to beat the ladies (and guys) away with sticks.

6 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

I love how that clown Liucci misspells Muhsin multiple times in that write up.

There's no way any good bull ags call him anything other than "Moose" his whole time there. I just can't imagine them saying things like "wow Muhammad had a great play there, huh Billy!?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Liucci

12:22p

Staff

AG

With the spring evaluation period all wrapped up, I've compiled my initial Liucci 44 for the 2020 class. We'll circle back after a summer full of camps and 7-on-7 with an update, but this is where I see this group of in-state prospects coming out of the spring:

1. WR Demond Demas 
2. RB Zach Evans 
3. LB Drew Sanders 
4. RB Seth McGowan 
5. ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson 
6. RB Jase McClellan 
7. DE Alfred Collins 
8. CB Jaylon Jones 
9. WR Troy Omeire 
10. OL Chad Lindberg 
11. OL Garrett Hayes 
12. DE Princely Umanmielen 
13. CB Ryan Watts 
14. DE Vernon Broughton 
15. QB Haynes King 
16. CB Jalen Kimber
17. S Chris Thompson
18. QB Hudson Card 
19. CB Kitan Crawford 
20. ATH Devon Achane
21. S Darius Snow 
22. OL Jaylen Garth 
23. CB Lorando Johnson
24. S RJ Mickens 
25. OL Akinola Ogunbiyi 
26. CB Josh Eaton 
27. QB Malik Hornsby 
28. WR Jaxon Smith-Njiba 
29. CB Dwight McGlothern 
30. WR Parker Washington 
31. WR Quentin Johnston 
32. WR DJ Graham 
33. S Xavion Alford 
34. RB Tre Bradford 
35. ATH EJ Smith 
36. OL Ty'Kieast Crawford 
37. OL Courtland Ford 
38. WR Devin Price 
39. OL Nathan Anderson
40. DE Prince Dorbah 
41. OL Josh Bankhead 
42. LB Josh White 
43. CB Christian Gonzalez 
44. OL Damieon George 

• Like 4

Just now, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

12:22p

Staff

AG

With the spring evaluation period all wrapped up, I've compiled my initial Liucci 44 for the 2020 class. We'll circle back after a summer full of camps and 7-on-7 with an update, but this is where I see this group of in-state prospects coming out of the spring:

1. WR Demond Demas 
2. RB Zach Evans 
3. LB Drew Sanders 
4. RB Seth McGowan 
5. ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson 
6. RB Jase McClellan 
7. DE Alfred Collins 
8. CB Jaylon Jones 
9. WR Troy Omeire 
10. OL Chad Lindberg 
11. OL Garrett Hayes 
12. DE Princely Umanmielen 
13. CB Ryan Watts 
14. DE Vernon Broughton 
15. QB Haynes King 
16. CB Jalen Kimber
17. S Chris Thompson
18. QB Hudson Card 
19. CB Kitan Crawford 
20. ATH Devon Achane
21. S Darius Snow 
22. OL Jaylen Garth 
23. CB Lorando Johnson
24. S RJ Mickens 
25. OL Akinola Ogunbiyi 
26. CB Josh Eaton 
27. QB Malik Hornsby 
28. WR Jaxon Smith-Njiba 
29. CB Dwight McGlothern 
30. WR Parker Washington 
31. WR Quentin Johnston 
32. WR DJ Graham 
33. S Xavion Alford 
34. RB Tre Bradford 
35. ATH EJ Smith 
36. OL Ty'Kieast Crawford 
37. OL Courtland Ford 
38. WR Devin Price 
39. OL Nathan Anderson
40. DE Prince Dorbah 
41. OL Josh Bankhead 
42. LB Josh White 
43. CB Christian Gonzalez 
44. OL Damieon George 

Lulz at the list.  Bankhead and George but no Parr or Majors.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Perroni think Broughton would pick arky today. Then his goober subs take that to mean he and Collins are likely going to aggy.

D8UuVAZV4AU5kbA.jpg

Hide contents

D8UuVuiUIAAuqIZ.jpgD8UuWWXVsAE7WyW.jpg

Lulz has Perroni ever said Texas is in a good spot with Broughton?  Seems like he just doesn't want to mention it on that board.