Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

So if one of his players beat the crap out of a random student, it might be a big swinging aggy's unfortunate kid?   Can they get drunk, naked and drive fast in Snook?  

Theoretically. Just don't walk the tab at Sodalak's after chowing down on chicken-fried bacon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Does Jimbo have control over the CSPD yet or will he have to let Price cook some BBQ to keep them from arresting half his squad?   Johnny fought the good fight (against a 47 year old black dude) and the meter maids.  Rumlin had to deal with several incidents with his players being arrested by CSPD.  Baggins may not have as much stroke in College Station as he did in Florida.   

Seriously though. Watch how many guys leave A&M and then get arrested for assault, battery, robbery, etc.

It’s a consistent trend under Jimbo and Dodson certainly won’t be the last. 

Billy: 
This will come to no surprise to most, if you've been paying attention to my clues; but the Texas A&M Aggie were able to secure the commitment of one of the most highly touted WR recruits in the country, Devin Price. Devin was a slow starter nationally due to his aversion to camps, but his stock has grown incredibly through the spring evaluation period, resulting in offers from all over the country. Akron, Kansas, and Boston College have came after him hard, but when coach comes calling, it is hard to resist for any top prospect. Texags will update our rankings in the morning, but you can expect to see Devin in the top 20 in the state, and it is well deserved. Once again, this commitment really shows how relentless coach is on the trail, he won't take no for an answer, but to be honest to you guys, there aren't really any no's. Just sometimes Jimbo has to let guys find another path as spots fill up and his mental calculator is second to none in that regard. 

Not enough “Jimbo Fisher” s in there

Jimbo to Auburn seems like a mutually miserable match I would love to see happen with the added benefit of imploding aggy's brand even further and leaving them in a lurch.

Lurch? Pfft, aggys will hire the next greatest coaching hire that sends shockwaves thru college football turning heads everywhere causing everyone to take notice and be worried cause atm just sent a shot across their bow
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Weekly transcription

Gabe: We call Moose in 3 minutes. Do you want to talk about McGowan committing to Oklahoma or do you want to react to what you've seen with your eyes across the street?

Looch: Uh, I'll talk about McGowan real quick. We don't need three minutes. That's a loss. You know A&M wanted him. Jase McClellan and him are tweeting back and forth. I'll make a prediction that they both don't sign with OU. The Aledo running back and ...I just, I think he kind of looked around a little bi anyway, and when that happens, I'll make that prediction. Here's what I'll say. McGowan's really good. I think he's damn good. I think for a while there was a lot of confidence that A&M was going to get him so it's a loss. And It is weird that, the running back right now they don't have their guy and everybody's freaking out. Here's what I wrote yesterday. Talking about the same coach in Jay Graham, that went out and got 5 stars last year at Florida State in Cam Akers. He Went in and got a bordeline 5 star transfer in Cordarrion Richardson within a month of them being on campus. He flipped Jashaun Corbin from Florida State and found a guy that none of the A&M fans raised an eyebrow about when they brought him and committed him and I think will be a 1200 yard rusher, He will be special. They flipped Vernon Jackson from Alabama, a legitimate flip in talking to people at Alabama after the fact. They flipped Isiah Spiller from guess where...Oklahoma. And again, they're not in Zach Evans Top 5. They're not in Zach's top 5 and Sam Adams hasn't visited.  Let's just kindly ignore the fact they're in Adams top 5 but that's a positive and we only want to focus on the negative. Jimbo Fisher and Zach Evans are still in communication. That recruitment's is going to go on forever, I don't care about a list. Um, I said Sam Adams and you look at what Jimbo and this stuff have done. How many times are A&M fans, and by fans I mean the vocal ones on social media and on boards going to write this thing off as a failed effort, not the whole thing, but just specific recruiting, you know a specific cycle, a specific position. You're not going to find your quarterback . You're not excited about Calzada, then all of the sudden you're going nuts because you're afraid you're going to lose him to Georgia, who knows a thing or two about elite Quarterbacks. At what point are people going to realize this is an elite recruiting operation. Everyone was at a loss about loss was Tim Brewster because he got Malik Hornsby, but what if Hornsby decommits from North Carolina , are you going to take all that back. I'm 100% convinced A&M could get him if they make a push. They're going all in on Haynes King right now. At what point are you going to step back and look, that this is an elite recruiting operation at Texas A&M. I think by the middle of next week, they'll have crept back up to the top 10. They're all the way up to 16 with Muhammed's commitment. And I think they'll, with a couple more here, will be in the top 10. And as for OU, I went through and did the math, there are, I think 4 out of 18 guys they signed...last years class and committed in this years that A&M in any way wanted. It's 4 and it's not more than 4. And It doesn't count Jase McClellan and Trejan Bridges who were committed before Jimbo was hired here. It's not what you think it is. And Oh by the way the Aggies finished ahead of OU last year in the rankings. And by the end of this week or next week they will be ahead of them in this year's rankings. 

Calling calzeda "elite" is hilarious even by looch standards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Calling calzeda "elite" is hilarious even by looch standards

He was a 3 star prospect that none of the other major SEC teams offered.  Somehow aggy has convinced themselves that he's their next 5 star savior.  You cannot make this shit up man.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

but to be honest to you guys, there aren't really any no's. Just sometimes Jimbo has to let guys find another path as spots fill up and his mental calculator is second to none in that regard. 

Goddamnit I thought that shit was real. Well done.

Edited by Sejjr
  • Like 1

Quoting billy: And as for OU, I went through and did the math, there are, I think 4 out of 18 guys they signed...last years class and committed in this years that A&M in any way wanted.

Well sadly ou has a formula for success, and I'm sure his readers are glad jimbo isnt following their path.

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Quoting billy: And as for OU, I went through and did the math, there are, I think 4 out of 18 guys they signed...last years class and committed in this years that A&M in any way wanted.

Well sadly ou has a formula for success, and I'm sure his readers are glad jimbo isnt following their path.

Yeah you’d hate to be recruiting the same players as Ou. The horror!

10 hours ago, Treefidy said:

How many times are A&M fans, and by fans I mean the vocal ones on social media and on boards going to write this thing off as a failed effort, not the whole thing, but just specific recruiting, you know a specific cycle, a specific position. You're not going to find your quarterback . You're not excited about Calzada, then all of the sudden you're going nuts because you're afraid you're going to lose him to Georgia, who knows a thing or two about elite Quarterbacks. At what point are people going to realize this is an elite recruiting operation.

giphy.gif

4-star Umanmielen likes A&M scheme fit, has official scheduled

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 11 minutes ago

9119533.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

Though most of the big visitors at Texas A&M this past week took part in camps, Manor four-star defensive end Princely Umanmielen is already one of the top overall Aggie targets in the class of 2020. The staff wanted him to make it to campus for an unofficial visit and continue to spend time in College Station.

Umanmielen made the trip down Friday morning with Pflugerville Connally cornerback Jahdae Barron, who participated in camp, and the standout defensive end spent the rest of the day in Aggieland as well.

"I watched my friend camp and then, after that, we sat in coach (Terry) Price's office and talked to him for a little bit," the 6-foot-4, 256-pound four-star prospect said. "Then we went out to eat with Bobby Brown and another player. After that, we sat with the team spiritual advisor, Mikado (Hinson). And then I sat and talked with the defensive coordinator, coach (Mike) Elko."

The meeting with Elko made a lasting impression on Umanmielen as they went in-depth about how he would fit in A&M's defense.

"Actually, it was crazy. He could be a lawyer with how convincing he is," Umanmielen said. "In my top five, all the defenses run a three-man front except for Oregon. And I told him that I wanted to be an edge player.

"He pulled up A&M's defense and told me to point to where I would play. I pointed to the strong end. Then he pulled up Texas' defense and told me to point where I would play. It was a 4i (technique). He was telling me that, if I go to any other school in that top five, I'd be playing 4i for my whole college career. But, if I go to A&M, then I'll be playing what I want to play, which is the edge. And he was like, 'Remember, you're the one who pointed at it, not me.'"

This was Umanmielen's third trip to Aggieland in the past few months.

"It definitely helped them," he said of A&M. "It always does every time I go up there. I get more comfortable."2COMMENTS

Up next for Umanmielen is a trip to Austin. Then, he has a couple official visits scheduled, including one to A&M.

"I'm going to the Texas pool party. That's on June 22," he said. "And then I have my first two officials set up. I'm going to A&M from Oct. 11-13. My Oklahoma official, it's the weekend that they play UH (Aug. 30-Sep. 1). Those are the two I've set so far

14 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

9119533.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

Though most of the big visitors at Texas A&M this past week took part in camps, Manor four-star defensive end Princely Umanmielen is already one of the top overall Aggie targets in the class of 2020. The staff wanted him to make it to campus for an unofficial visit and continue to spend time in College Station.

Umanmielen made the trip down Friday morning with Pflugerville Connally cornerback Jahdae Barron, who participated in camp, and the standout defensive end spent the rest of the day in Aggieland as well.

"I watched my friend camp and then, after that, we sat in coach (Terry) Price's office and talked to him for a little bit," the 6-foot-4, 256-pound four-star prospect said. "Then we went out to eat with Bobby Brown and another player. After that, we sat with the team spiritual advisor, Mikado (Hinson). And then I sat and talked with the defensive coordinator, coach (Mike) Elko."

The meeting with Elko made a lasting impression on Umanmielen as they went in-depth about how he would fit in A&M's defense.

"Actually, it was crazy. He could be a lawyer with how convincing he is," Umanmielen said. "In my top five, all the defenses run a three-man front except for Oregon. And I told him that I wanted to be an edge player.

"He pulled up A&M's defense and told me to point to where I would play. I pointed to the strong end. Then he pulled up Texas' defense and told me to point where I would play. It was a 4i (technique). He was telling me that, if I go to any other school in that top five, I'd be playing 4i for my whole college career. But, if I go to A&M, then I'll be playing what I want to play, which is the edge. And he was like, 'Remember, you're the one who pointed at it, not me.'"

"It definitely helped them," he said of A&M. "It always does every time I go up there. I get more comfortable."2COMMENTS

Up next for Umanmielen is a trip to Austin. Then, he has a couple official visits scheduled, including one to A&M.

"I'm going to the Texas pool party. That's on June 22," he said. "And then I have my first two officials set up. I'm going to A&M from Oct. 11-13. My Oklahoma official, it's the weekend that they play UH (Aug. 30-Sep. 1). Those are the two I've set so far

This is pretty much how Broughton's OV is going to go down with the negative recruiting.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is pretty much how Broughton's OV is going to go down with the negative recruiting.

With Broughton it'll be even worse, because any defensive line coach who is being honest with the kid will be telling him that he's a defensive tackle because, you know, he is, but he wants to think of himself as a rush end.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Their top safety target just came off the board for Tennessee: https://247sports.com/player/antonio-johnson-46051895/

I must have missed it or don't remember it, but what was the aggy spin with Chris Thompson?  Pretty sure back in the fall when he was Fong'd to them he was "the best Safety in-state, SEC type Safety here, and Jimbo taking who he wants" but what happened?  I mean, I'm sure he's not SEC good anymore and such.

Doesn’t the 4i play the edge and rush the passer in our scheme?  Not sure how bama, LSU, uga who run 3 man fronts can overcome this and cherry pick DL yet our staff still can’t figure out a way to combat this negative recruiting point.  Hell just call it a 4-3 where the edge defender gets to drop into coverage from time to time to show off their versatility to NFL scouts... problem solved.  

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Doesn’t the 4i play the edge and rush the passer in our scheme?  Not sure how bama, LSU, uga who run 3 man fronts can overcome this and cherry pick DL yet our staff still can’t figure out a way to combat this negative recruiting point.  Hell just call it a 4-3 where the edge defender gets to drop into coverage from time to time to show off their versatility to NFL scouts... problem solved.  

This. It seems that Texas is mentioned more often than any when it comes to negative recruiting. I just wish more of these kids weren’t so naive and were put off when an opposing coach spends so much time talking about their rivals rather than their own fucking program. I guess when you are recruiting to such a shit-hole of a town, and you are basically a chubby 5, you gotta talk about how the 10 is really a bitch and won’t do anal. 

Just now, Sejjr said:

This. It seems that Texas is mentioned more often than any when it comes to negative recruiting. I just wish more of these kids weren’t so naive and were put off when an opposing coach spends so much time talking about their rivals rather than their own fucking program. I guess when you are recruiting to such a shit-hole of a town, and you are basically a chubby 5, you gotta talk about how the 10 is really a bitch and won’t do anal. 

Chubby girls that do anal are not  in short supply in college station.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Negative recruiting used to work in our favor.  Tarell Brown took it as a slight and came to Texas when he was told he wouldn’t get to play because of depth.

3 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

The replies:

Spoiler

D8j7zO5WsAARqLe.pngD8j70DAXsAAqBsa.pngD8j704GXYAE8nj2.jpg

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

And one last bucket

Hide contents

Lol, "LSU, a team without RECENT success..". About 75 years more recent than aggy.  UGA was only 40 years more "recent" than aggy yet they managed to bagman a string of top recruiting classes under smart. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They, or at least one of them, seems overly concerned about our pool party, and that a party full of football recruits will tend to skew toward the male demographic.  

We're all fehgs and not manly men secure in their manliness which they must talk about all the time.

source.gif

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They, or at least one of them, seems overly concerned about our pool party, and that a party full of football recruits will tend to skew toward the male demographic.  

He's thought about it a lot, especially when lying in bed, turned away from his unsatisfied wife. You know, for football purposes.