Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

57 minutes ago, jinx said:

So, are they saying that they thought something was going to be the best before, and it didn't end up being the best?  It was an abject disaster? 

aggy corches and analysts should consider reading Surly to augment and improve their recruiting insights. We'd have told 'em their recruits sucked years ago.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

7:32p, 6/10/19

Staff

Ft Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby and OLB Warren Robinson both made the trip to College Station today. They had to cut out of town a slight bit earlier this evening due to an illness in the family of their chaperone. Both Robinson and Hornsby watched the Aggie players work out a bit on the practice field, met with members of the A&M staff, and took some pictures. 

Robinson spoke with Terry Price for a bit who invited him to come to camp. I was told that Robinson will be back in Aggieland on Wednesday. 

It sounds like Hornsby met with Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey at length today. Their message hasn't changed either. They're still intrigued with Malik's upside as a quarterback and understand that he's an elite athlete. From what I've been able to gather, it sounds like Malik is in a little bit of a tough place in terms of where he wants to be in the future. UNC taking the other quarterback threw him for a loop. I believe, based on what I know, that the whole sequence of events was not well communicated by the Tar Heel staff. I was told the Aggie coaches understand the spot Malik is in and will communicate with him as openly as they can. 

Lastly, look for Devon Achane's name to pop on the visitor list soon. My source that possibly as early as Wednesday when Robinson returns. 

Sorry, their high expectations not being met would not be a consolation to me for our abject failure at recruiting the DL. Not for me, at least. 

Just reading the tea leaves, right now we're more likely to get 1 of the 3, and I'd place the odds of them getting 2 and us getting 0 to be about even. We'll have a better idea after the big swimming event, and that can change things on a dime for sure. But Broughton will be at LSU that weekend, I believe, and he's our best chance to flip momentum and get someone to shut it down. At this point I'm writing off Princely, so we're down to 2 guys. 

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We'll have a better idea after the big swimming event, and that can change things on a dime for sure. But Broughton will be at LSU that weekend, I believe

He’ll be at A&M

4 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Samples is actually going to deliver on recruits though 

Several of the best recruits we’ve landed we don’t get without Jai. I don’t think he’s anything special as a coach, but his connections matter in Houston (and Jarrett Allen) recruiting 

It is actually pretty funny how aggy continues this narrative that Jimbo is one of the greatest QB gurus ever. Every single player Jimbo recruited was a minimum 4-star talent, and his best QB, Winston, was the #1 recruit at the position and a 5-star player. If anything, all his QBs played about like they were supposed to play in college, no matter their QB coach. And all of them have been abject failures in the Pro game, save for Winston, who is close to being a failure at this point in his career.

3 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

It is actually pretty funny how aggy continues this narrative that Jimbo is one of the greatest QB gurus ever. Every single player Jimbo recruited was a minimum 4-star talent, and his best QB, Winston, was the #1 recruit at the position and a 5-star player. If anything, all his QBs played about like they were supposed to play in college, no matter their QB coach. And all of them have been abject failures in the Pro game, save for Winston, who is close to being a failure at this point in his career.

The above-and-beyond thing you'd hope a good coach could do would be restrain his dipshittery and help mold him into a better person. Oops.