Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

22 hours ago, TexasMan said:

57:15 - 1:04:30

Texaggy radio discusses Athlon's preseason rankings, which had aggy at #10, one spot in front of mean ol Texas. This leads Looch and Gabe to to call out the BOMC and tear down Sam Ehlinger like the classless fucks they are. 

Of course after that, they name aggy a top 5 coaching staff, and they totally approve of that. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/wXploOrZ1Lk/0117512-mqga.mp3

Your weekly transcription of talking idiots

(Hard to trancribe this week as Looch is too hungover to make it in, and calls in and it's hard to hear)

Gabe: Alright, so inside the Athlon, there's like six things I really want to hit, there's really like 50, but let's kind of go through this, and uh, get your take on it. Now, they got A&M 10th, and they got A&M one spot ahead of the University of Texas. What's your reaction to that? Aggies 10th in their poll. 

Looch: First of all, kudos to them for ranking Texas less. It's ridiculous where most people have had them ranked and you know, Sam Ehlingher and The love he's getting...I've never, in all my years of covering college football I've never seen somenoe get more credit for having done less that what he's doing. He had a good solid year and ended it with that win over Georgia. But because he's wearing burnt orange, and that desparate media throng that wants Vince Young to you know come back and play football for the you know Orange and White again. It blows my mind. I've not seen anything like it. Again, I'm sitting here battling with our own fanbase over Kellen Mond and people pointing out the mistakes that he's made and who won't do the same for their rival teams quarterback. It's mind blowing. You would see where the national medial would do it too, but A&M at 10, huh?

Gabe: A&M's at 10, yeah.

Looch: To me, to me, I have zero problem with ranking A&M there. It tells me, I like the rankings that do it the way it's supposed to be done. These are the 25 best teams in college football ranked 1 through 25. Don't hold it against Texas A&M that there gonna play a brutal schedule. And If you look at them and predict them  to go 8-4,  you can still rank them at 10. That should not affect where you put em preseason.  if you think they are the 10th best team, then put them as the 10th best team. If you look at the teams in this neighborhood in all these rankings and look at what A&M has oming back and say "yeah, I can see that".  7 to 15 rank have anyway. I think that's probably a fairly accurate ranking. There's some things A&M is going to have to do to earn it. And where I'll get into it is, you know, when A&M does lose games, then where do they sit in the rankings, because then I do think you factor in who they rae losing too and how they're losing those games. that when it turns into a big pet peeve of mine.  That's going to factor in to it. It's not, it's not, you don't have to drop 5-7 spots because you lose a fooball game. And all too many times, they do that kind of thing. We'll see, and even in the middle of the season when you rank 1-25, you're supposed to be doing what they're doing right now. 

Gabe: Right,  I totally agree. The schedule shoudl actually help A&M. If A&M could go 10-2 with that schedule, they ought to make a damn playoff. No 2 loss team ever has. If they go 9-3, which they very well could, then 10's perfect, that's a New Year's Six game.

Looch: They probably wouldn't go 10-2 on that schedule, well they'd be 11-2. In that case, I do see the team make a playoff. If they got to the SEC Title game. One of those losses would have to be Clemson. 

Gabe: So here go, this one, just blew my mind. We're talking about Same Elingher and Athlon magazine has Sam Elingher as the #5 overall player in the top 50 players in all of college football. And I'll say the Top 5. Tua, Trevor Lawrence, Jonathan Taylor, Travies Etieene and Sam Elingher. I'll need to let you know Kellen Mond has 4 fewer TDs, has 3 more interceptions, has about 30 fewer rushing yeard. But don't even play in the same league. It should be totally almost two different divisions of football. Is not in the top 50. Mond, not in the top 50, Elingher number 5. That's what blew my mind. 

Looch: Well, I didn't even know that, and that fits into what I'm saying.  It's unbelieavable. You look at any metric and the only glaring statistical difference is Elingher's touchdown runs. Look, they dont have Trevyeon Williams, they don't have a running game. So inside the five yard line, that's what he's doing. I don't think he ripped off many long runs. It's a far, far inferior conference. And every other statistical metirc, and don't forget, when you're doing that,  Elingher plays an extra game. It's 14 games versus 13. And for every eye you'd like to give me on Elingher, I can match it with something Kellen did.  I'd like to see what each of those players 2 best games look like and what oppoents they came against.  Three Best.  For Kellen, it's Clemson #1, LSU #2, and South Carolina #3. I'd love to make that comparison. And then the third, the other part of it is, look at their bad moments. Look at, people forget, Texas in that offense,  and Elingher against Kansas State, and Kansas, and Maryland, and then Ok State, he put up a lot of numbers, but got outdueled by their journeyman senior QB. The OU game the second time around. you know It's just not. There's a couple of really bright moments in there, but again, there's a lot of just. Texas Tech, I bet his numbers against Texas Tech will rank top three in what we talked about. But the guy, the reason they Tech almost came back is because of Elingher through a disasterous pick late in that game. And If they had not been playing Bingo, or whatever that QB's name was there, the third stringer that came in and was running around, if they had niot been playing that guy, or playing either of Tech's other guys.  They lose that football game in Lubbock. and A lot of it had to do with Elingher in the 4th quarter or second half, whatever it was. I just think he's been part of the reason why they've struggled at times. I don't understand the 5 and other guys not in the top 10. But it's okay. It will make it that much more glorious. 

Gabe: Alright, coaching staffs, best coaching staffs in the country. All told. Full staff. They've got Clemson 1, They've got Bama 2, they've got OU 3, Washington 4, and they've got Texas A&M coming up 5 ahead of Georgia, Penn State, Texas, and Florida 

Looch: I don't have a gripe with that. It's top five coaching staff in college football.  I've thought that the day they hired Jimbo Fisher. I don't think that will change. When you have that coach with these resources, you know Where he can hire coaches and replaces coaches the way Texas A&M is going to enable him to do. along with Jimbo is cleary a top 5 coach in the game. They will remain and always will be a Top 5 coachign staff. 

(Gabe & Looch talk about Clemson and Bama. No One Cares)

• Like 1

Looch: look at any metric and the only glaring statistical difference is Elingher's touchdown runs. Look, they dont have Trevyeon Williams, they don't have a running game. So inside the five yard line, that's what he's doing. I don't think he ripped off many long runs. It's a far, far inferior conference. And every other statistical metirc, and don't forget, when you're doing that,  Elingher plays an extra game. It's 14 games versus 13. And for every eye you'd like to give me on Elingher, I can match it with something Kellen did.  I'd like to see what each of those players 2 best games look like and what oppoents they came against. 

Yes, Ehlinger played an extra game, Loochie.

Actually, he played 14 games against FBS schools. Kellen Mond only played 12 games against FBS schools. And one against Louisiana-Monroe. You stupid motherfucker.

• Like 3

Aggy could go 14-0 win the title. Win the heisman. Have every returning starter back for a second round. Be ranked no.1 coming into the next season and prison pussy Loochie would still find something to bitch about regarding Texas, and how aggy is still getting scorned from somewhere, someone, somehow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

Aggy could go 14-0 win the title. Win the heisman. Have every returning starter back for a second round. Be ranked no.1 coming into the next season and prison pussy Loochie would still find something to bitch about regarding Texas, and how aggy is still getting scorned from somewhere, someone, somehow.

What if they get skull fucked by Clemson early and we play and squeak by Clemson in the playoffs?  Luigi's head will explode.  

What if they get skull fucked by Clemson early and we play and squeak by Clemson in the playoffs?  Luigi's head will explode.  

Uh no.,aggy will,say they got clemson early on and texas beat them after clemson grueling season took its toll. And texas played cupcakes every week.
Rinse repeat, same pussy ass loochy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Uh no.,aggy will,say they got clemson early on and texas beat them after clemson grueling season took its toll. And texas played cupcakes every week.
Rinse repeat, same pussy ass loochy

Yep. aggy is as predictable as the tides. Everything, always, under every possible scenario and in every respect, is always "advantage aggy". They will never, ever shut up.

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yep. aggy is as predictable as the tides. Everything, always, under every possible scenario and in every respect, is always "advantage aggy". They will never, ever shut up.

Where's your land again (what state)? I'd hate for you to uproot until a more rural setting only to find that somehow, some way, you bought land next to an Aggie. 

Spoiler

Liucci

10:17a

Staff

AG

Quote:

How much will Mond progress this season vs last?

I really don't think there's any way to gauge that until we see Kellen on the field in September. However, there are factors that would indicate that the junior-to-be could make a very significant jump and emerge as one of the SEC's elite signal-callers. Look at the jump from his true freshman to sophomore season, which came in his first year in a new system under one of the most demanding QB tutors in all of college football. With another off-season under Jimbo Fisher, having seen many of the game's best defenses and defensive coaches once or twice already, about ten added pounds of muscle, a veteran receiving corps and the confidence that came with how he closed out the 2018 season, the potential is there for a national breakout. Mond has also put in the kind of work with his receivers and by taking ownership of the Aggie off-season that has caught the attention of everyone. Plenty of room for improvement over last season but also plenty of reasons to think Kellen is set to make the leap.

Quote:

What will it take for the Ags to have just an average baseball offense next year? New coaching or new players? What a shame to waste such excellent pitching and get no run support.

I'm always a 'let's let this thing play out' guyespecially when it comes to a sport like baseball when you have starting arms and a staff like the Aggies do. Of course, the offense has been incredibly frustrating and it has been throughout the better part of Coach Childress' tenure in College Station (as has elite pitching, which it's clear isn't enough). Something has to change dramatically, either a culture shift in terms of the guys they're recruiting or by looking at bringing in someone who can wake up the bats. This is one instance in which the numbers don't lie.

Quote:

With the influx of talent on the back end...does our secondary finally take a big step forward this year or will the youth/inexperience at the SEC level hurt us? Also...we're in Dublin...what's the cant miss nighttime hot spot?

I think inexperience could be a real issue in September but there's also the chance that, with so much experience at least at corner and Debione Renfro coming off of a strong spring and Leon O'Neal having a breakout showing in the bowl, Mike Elko will be able to gradually introduce all of his new talent into the playing time and (eventually) starting mix. You'll have to ask someone else for Dublin recs. Unfortunately, I've never been but would really love to make it there soon so how about you tell me all about when you get back?

Quote:

Which position group are you most excited to see this fall and why?

Good follow up to the last question. I'd say it's actually the secondary because of all the variables with veterans you hope to see improve now that they've played a LOT of football and the five (six if you count Clifford Chattman). That said, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Aggie wideouts. The group is fascinating because of the combination of incredible upside that they showed as sophomores against the likes of Clemson and LSU, the breakout season Quartney Davis put together and Kendrick Rogers' star turn during 74-72 and the fact that, along with Jhamon Ausbon, the Ags boast four very experienced and talented pass-catchers at the top plus new options including Caleb Chapman and Dylan Wright, among others. What makes the group fascinating to me is the fact that, while I'm among those who believe this could ultimately be one of the better receiving corps in the country, the fact of the matter is that the unit battled injuries and inconsistently throughout most of the regular-season. Still a lot to prove before we can mention Dameyune Craig's group alongside Alabama in the SEC.

Quote:

With the talent on DL this year, does A&M have a top 3 DL in the SEC?

They'll have a great shot to crack that group. Some excellent defensive lines in the league, as always, but I like the Ags' chances to be considered elite. The inside strength is there and there's a ton of exciting and talented depth. I'd say in order to reach SEC elite status, Micheal Clemons has to rise up and make the most of what's going to be his one shot at it as a senior and Tyree Johnson is going to have to build on a strong finish and help provide an edge pass rush that was oftentimes missing last year.

Quote:

Does A&M go better than 2-2 against the "Big 4" on the schedule this year?

I don't think so. If they go 3-1, this is a playoff team and I think the Ags are a year away. I think a breakthrough would be to go 2-2 and finish 10-2 or 9-3. Even that is going to be very difficult for a team that starts on senior.

Quote:

What are your thoughts on Bru McCoy re-entering the Portal to get back to USC?

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long, long time. Where are Gooseneck, Shsssuhhh Man and all the guys covering Texas who were giddy about adding Bru's 'stars' and then claiming a top-5 finish while gaming the system to 'pass' A&M in one of the major ranking services at the finish line? Please Aggies, go out of your way to ridicule anyone in Burnt Orange who was insufferable on social media when McCoy originally left USC for Texas in February. And there's a certain clown now covering Notre Dame who would probably love to hear from all of you, as well. Barring this being a family issue or something serious on McCoy's side, this is by far the most comical turn of events I've seen since I started covering recruiting. I swear, the amount of gloating we saw from the Longhorn fans, media and even coaching staff was so ridiculously over the top that this just feels so right, doesn't it? It also makes me wonder what Tom Herman sold versus what he delivered in terms of environment, culture or any other promises made. Count me among those who are hoping this thing goes through.

Quote:

What are your thoughts on Art Briles back coaching high school football at Mount Vernon?

I know a lot of people who vouch for Art and have some close friends from Mount Vernon but I don't think he deserves to coach in the Texas High School football ranks again. I think he lost that right but I'm not the one who makes such decisions.

Quote:

And Thanks a bunch for doing these Looch!!!

No problem! They're a lot of fun.

Quote:

Prediction on next football commit?

I'm going to go off grid a little and say Longview QB Haynes King. I know he's planning visits after the A&M trip but just consider it a hunch. If not him, then I'd probably go with Muhsin Muhammad III or Antonio Doyle Jr..

Quote:

if you could live in any other SEC state, which one would you choose and why? Bonus: top 3 SEC cities to split time in.

State? Probably Florida but that's too easy because of the options. If not there then probably Tennessee. Cities? Ummmm, not Columbia (Missouri) and definitely not Starkville. Nashville, Tuscaloosa/Birmingham and I'm thinking Athens though I haven't been yet.

Quote:

Without knowing many details, the overall health of our athletic department looks good. What's 2-3 of the biggest tasks the new AD will have to tackle we may not be thinking about?

I think connecting with Jimbo and understanding what still needs to happen to take this thing to the next level and championing those needs for the head man is near the top of the list. I also believe making Buzz Williams feel at home (think about the leadership vacuum he walked in to and has been operating in since arriving) and getting him what he needs in terms of support and facility upgrades is of the utmost importance. Beyond that, getting acclimated as quickly and seamlessly as possible while also evaluating sports such as baseball and softball as we approach the summer off-season. Ross Bjork will be a very busy man come July.

Quote:

What's the word on Demarvin Leal? Will he able to fully participate in offseason training?

Yes. I believe he'll fully participate in the summer off-season.

Quote:

Tell me about Kenyon Jackson. Seems like he's a forgotten man from the 2019 signing class.

He really has been a forgotten man of sorts, but that's only in terms of the media and message board attention. As far Jimbo Fisher, Darrell Dicky and Dameyune Craig go, they've been counting the days until the 6-6 pass-catcher from Georgia gets the chance to show what he can do. I've asked around and everyone inside the program familiar with Jackson believes he has the potential to be one of the real steals of the 2019 class. It's a crowded position but he's a unique weapon on the outside. Is a more fluid version of Frank Iheanacho from what I've can see.

Quote:

Do you think the new Mile Elko contract keeps him in place for years to come or do you think with a upcoming season on par with last year we will see another suitor this time from the P5 come along?

I'm in the camp that believes Elko passing on the Temple job and getting the raise is going to keep him in College Station for at least a couple of more seasons. It was by far the most significant development of the A&M off-season and Elko's plan is to take this thing all the way.

Quote:

what would the impact on recruiting be if we go, say, 2-2 against the likes of clemson, bama, USA and lsu versus say 0-4 or even 1-3? Maybe another way to ask, is each win vs that group worth an additional high four star or even five star?

You can look above to see what I think 2-2 would mean. You're probably talking about a NY6 bowl and maybe even an SEC title game appearance if one of those losses is to Clemson. Anything 9-3 or better would provide a tremendous shot in the arm for Jimbo's recruiting efforts and I think you'd see the Ags sandwich top-5 classes ('19 and '21) around a '19 finish comfortably in the top-10. You may still see that anyway, so we're probably talking three straight top 5's if that's the case, with a chance for a top 3 haul in 2021. On the low end, I think the Ags continue their current recruiting trend (strong finish in '18, top-5 in '19 and they'll eventually climb into the top-10 this year, IMO) if they're able to match last year's 9-4 overall mark.

Quote:

what is your favorite, or maybe just interesting, recruiting story from the Fran and Sherman years (one each)?

Save this one for a separate post and I'll try to answer it. I'd have to think but the Fran one would probably be Mike Goodson or Adrian Peterson. Then again, Michael/Martellus Bennett, Von Miller and Ryan Tannehill were all pretty fascinating, as well. Sherman would have to be Johnny Manziel or Mike Evans, right? I guess those are the obvious ones but there's always the Floyd Raven story. I think that one held the title as most bizarre recruitment right up until Bru McCoy had his 'hold my coffee' moment this week (get it?...'brew' and Floyd's blossoming career in the coffee business). Still haven't seen many recruitments like Jarvis Harrison's either, where he went unrecruited and then, post Signing Day, was 'discovered' by the likes of A&M, Oklahoma State and others.

Quote:

Other than what I have learned from Texags, which is plenty, I know little to nothing about the new AD. The general enthusiasm is reassuring. One issue sticks out a bit to me and that is the reputation Ole Miss has of not being a squeaky clean program. Could you address that particular issue?

Listen, I'm not completely privy to all the happenings in Oxford but I know I've talked to folks from fans, to media members, to coaches in Oxford and around the country and to people at A&M and in the AD world and not one has said this hire was anything short of a very good one and no one has had anything but great things to say about Ross Bjork. Much of the vitriol coming from the Ole Miss fan base had everything to do with the fact that Bjork ultimately gave the NCAA unfettered access during their investigation. Most of those folks would love nothing more than for Hugh Freeze to return to the Ole Miss sidelines, which should tell you plenty. I think Freeze was as dirty as they come but Bjork didn't hire him and that's the kind of thing that a head coach and his staff would do everything they could to keep from their bosses.

Quote:

Can you please go into detail on the cause of the issue at North Shore? Does that go back to RC and Tiki Hardeman?

So many coaches have come and gone through there since 1995 that this has nothing to do with Tiki Hardeman (who is a proud Aggie, by the way, and came and finished his degree a couple of years ago). The head coach at that time, David Aymond (my freshman team coach at Kempner believe it or not) is no longer the North Shore head man, either. I think it's as much about LSU having their hooks deep into that staff for quite some time now (which I think is absolutely ridiculous given the coaches are working a premier job in our fine state) and the fact that, prior to Jimbo coming, the Ags haven't had enough juice to recruit the elite, five-star caliber prospects from the Houston-area power save 2012-2013. Keep in mind, there have also been several guys over the years that A&M could have gotten from there but passed on. They just haven't had any success with their top targets, often losing them to Mack Brown and Texas and, more recently, LSU. Prediction: The Aggies break the cycle in 2021.

Quote:

I know you're close to Johnny, has he given it up or is he hanging on to the fact that Kliff might give him a shot or is that even a pipe dream?

He's hanging on to hope but he's also realistic with it. He'll keep working but I don't think it's a case of Johnny getting his hopes up. He's doing a lot of golfing right now and is hoping to get one more shot.

Quote:

Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend and thank you?

Heading to Cabo as I type this so I started the weekend late (after a quick stop in Austin Saturday night and Sunday). Hope yours was great too!

Quote:

Does Elijah Blades start game one?

Tough call here. I'm going to say not game one but I think Blades will claim a starting role by the end of September. I think Myles Jones and Debione Renfro get the game one call and Blades begins to show what he can do against Clemson and starts shortly after that.

Quote:

Early returns on who has been turning heads in offseason workouts?

Get back to me on this one in about two weeks. The group just returned to campus after a couple of weeks off in late May.

Quote:

What sporting event have you not been to that is at the top of your list (aside from an Aggie Natty game)?

Good question. I may have to sneak up to Toronto this week because I have an NBA Finals offer but seeing some friends at the Indy 500 this weekend got me to thinking. I guess mine would have to be the Derby or a World Cup soccer match.

Quote:

What's the most rewarding experience you've had in life and what made it so?

Woah. Lots going through my head the moment I read this one. Get back to me when I'm in more of a reflective and less of a comedic mood. Good question if you're being serious and not just trying to test the 'ask me anything' aspect of these segments.

Quote:

First off, thanks for your hard work and the staffs hours and energy they put in as well (besides Gabe.).

You're very welcome!

Quote:

Second, without getting into your sources identities, just how plugged in are you really? Like for instance, how early did you know about Sumlin being toast or that Jimbo was gonna be our guy?

A lot of people would love to know that, wouldn't they? All I can say is I do my best and have the trust of a lot of people because anyone who really knows me understands I always have A&M's best interests at heart (meaning I'd never jeopardize or compromise anything for the sake of grabbing a headline in my quest to be 'first'). I also think that, believe it or not, there are times when folks actually seek out my opinion.

Quote:

What does the Aggie football program look like 5 years from now in terms of pecking order within the SEC and the country?

SEC? I think Texas A&M will sit alongside Alabama, Georgia and Florida as the top four programs in the league. I also believe the Ags will join those three I just mentioned as top-10 programs in college football. I also expect a playoff berth and an SEC title during that run and at least one other legitimate run at the playoff (either making it or falling just short).

Quote:

Will there be a new D1 sport added at A&M in the foreseeable future? Assuming you would have to add both a men's and women's sport for Title 9 reasons, what would they be?

If there is one added, it's absolutely going to be on the women's side and not on the men's. My guess would be sand volleyball. It's gaining popularity, is becoming something volleyball coaches believe they need in order to compete with the programs that do have it and it would be a relatively inexpensive addition, I would think.

Quote:

Everyone is concerned about the big 4 games, and rightfully so. However, which game outside of those four do you think will be the hardest/most likely for us to lose?

Auburn, without question. However, if you think Mississippi State, South Carolina (this one is going to be very sneaky tough) or even Arkansas or Ole Miss will be a cakewalk, think again. That's what makes this so tough. The Ags almost have to win all of those games in order to have the kind of season that would qualify as progress and they lost to State and Auburn and were locked in fourth quarter games against all three of the others last year. Nothing will come easy for Texas A&M this fall, absolutely nothing when it comes to the toughest schedule in program history.

Quote:

What are your expectations for Isiaah Spiller this season?

He's got a legitimate shot to contribute and crack the rotation but Deneric Prince and Jacob Kibodi really established themselves as contenders for carries late during spring ball. If Vernon Jackson returns (his status is still totally up in the air), then it's quite crowded but I think Spiller is the type of all-around talent who will quickly excel in all phases of the game. He has a shot to be this year's Jashaun Corbin but the competition is stiffer than it was a season ago when Jashaun came in with a bunch of other true freshman. My prediction is that Spiller contributes and gets his feet wet this fall before having a major impact in year two.

Quote:

Best father/son Aggie athlete combo?

Well we all thought it would be Kevin and Kyler Murray, didn't we? Who knows, maybe it'll be Sam Adams and Sam Adams or Bucky and John Paul Richardson??? I'm going to have to think on this one because I fear I'll leave off something obvious.

Quote:

How soon do you expect new AD start making coaching changes?

I don't foresee him making any until next spring, although he'll immediately evaluate the spring sports (and all sports, for that matter) so who knows.

Quote:

Bigger impact for 2019 season: Caleb Chapman or Jalen Preston?

I'll go with Chapman because he was considered by those inside the program as someone who was about to break out as a true freshman last fall before tearing his ACL during practice in the week of what was likely to be his first career start. Dude just has that 'it' factor.

Quote:

Do you think we end up signing Haynes King?

Yes, I believe he'll eventually be the quarterback that the Aggies sign in 2020.

Quote:

It's interesting how many of the state's best HS running backs never really match their hype in college (E. Moody, M. Goodson, Malcolm Brown, Johnathan Gray, Trey Williams, etc). In your opinion what is the most difficult position to project recruiting success from high school to college (not including special teams)?

I still believe it's the offensive line. So tough to gauge toughness at the position because so many times these kids are so much bigger and stronger than the guys they are going against at the high school level that they are rarely pushed or put to the testespecially like they will once they step foot on an SEC football field.

Quote:

If we replace our hitting coach, what are your thoughts about Boomer White? He has a great career in front of him in broadcasting, but his ability to read players mechanics and comment on their approach, gives me the feeling he would make a great coach.

I agree with you, Boomer could be one hell of a coach one day if he were to choose that route but I'm not sure he's pursuing anything like that.

Quote:

Grill, smoke or fry today?

Cabo.

Quote:

I know we are in excellent shape with Haynes King now, but what took us so long to offer?

Jimbo and Dickey are going to be very particular when it comes to in-state QB offers and their primary objective is to see them in person first if at all possible, whether that be on a visit or (preferably) in game or camp action.

Quote:

Why were we behind on so many 2020 prospects, and is that being corrected for the 2021 class?

I'm curious as to who they were behind on. Some would say Haynes King but I don't really agree on that and I would say they were definitely a little behind on Garrett Hayes (for whatever reason Turner offered several way too soon and then got in on several late just before he left). I'm going by position and don't think they've tried to scramble to get back in with many Texas prospects 'late.' I think folks are confused this year because the Aggie staff seems to disagree with the ranking services more than they have in the past and have passed on several guys they otherwise could have had by now that would have everyone giddy about a top-10 class. Alas, it would be one with about five guys that the Ags clearly think they can or need to do better than.

Quote:

What has changed the most in the FB program since Jimbo arrived?

He's established a championship culture. His players from the veterans to the young guys to the guys who just left for the NFL believe they will win a championship at Texas A&M and are 100% committed to making that happen. I don't know how to explain it but it's noticeably different than it's been around here in a long, long time.

Quote:

Too early to tell, but do we best bama at home?

I'm calling my shot on that one. I say yes.

Quote:

Still up for grabbing that lunch we talked about almost three years ago? Lol

Sure thing, anytime. But seriously, let's do it when the Beliucci Hour is back.

Quote:

Is Bjork's reputation one of somebody quick to make changes or one who sits back and let's it play out a little longer? In my mind there can be value to both, but with softball floundering and baseball stagnate, I'll be curious to see his approach on those programs. Thanks Looch!,

I'll be as curious as you are and plan to get to know more about him over the summer.

Quote:

I read an article from the sun sentinel where the writer said that part of the reason fsu was bad last season was due to the lack of talent on the roster he inherited. Specifically, fsu had only Brian burns go in the 1st round and another player go in the 6th rd of the 2019 draft. What are your thoughts on what jimbo fisher left at fsu and how much credence do you give to the argument that fisher left Willie tagger a mess at fsu?

I think Taggart is a solid coach who is going to have a hard time succeeding at Florida State. Not sure how many guys Willie T ran off or how many left on their own accord but if Nole recruiting fell off under Jimbo it probably had to do with the fact that their facilities are horrifically bad (even Taggart himself leaned on that when it was convenient this season) and the infrastructure, support and administration there are a mess. Jimbo left a bad situation (which is why Woodward always knew he could hire him given A&M's financial resources and commitment to winning) and Taggart walked into one. It was a worse situation than even a national championship coach could overcome. Simple as that. And that team was pitiful last year. Way worse than their talent level.

Quote:

I dare to dream, but what would it do for our program and what would be the reaction if we pull off the unexpected and beat both Clemson and Alabama?

Well, for starters I think we'd be talking about an SEC champ and playoff berth and when you factor in what the Ags have coming back and the recruiting push they would get I think you'd be talking about A&M knocking down that 'top-10 program' door and the Aggies enjoying arguably the greatest run in program history under Jimbo Fisher. Why? Because if he can have the Ags to the point that his team could accomplish that in year two, then there really is no limit, now is there?

Quote:

With how consistently A&M has produced a top tier SEC pitching staff (and MLB quality arms) year in and year out, while still over coming the difficulties of dealing with scholarship limitations and kids opting for the minors, why has that not been the case for the offensive side of the ball?

I really don't get it because it's not like football where if you play a wide open, finesse style then that's what you're practicing against every day and, as a result, you might have a real problem with a smash-mouth, physical squad. The two recruiting great pitching and finding outstanding hitters would seem to be mutually exclusive, right?

Quote:

Chances we land both Chris Morris and Garrett Hayes?

Decent. I'd be surprised if the Ags didn't land one of them and they have a legit shot to sign both. Right now, I'd say A&M leads for Morris and the Ags' chances are as good as Arkansas and OU's to land Hayes, even if they are still in the process of making up some ground.

Quote:

Chances we land Troy Omeire?

This one is interesting because it seems as if he's leaning towards A&M one week and Texas the next (and back again). Right now, it sounds like the Aggies are trending but we'll see where it goes. I'd say better than 50/50 at this time if Coach Fisher, Dameyune Craig and Co. make a hard push for a commit.

Quote:

Not to derail Billy's question thread, but...FSU's national class ranking from 2014-2017 (4th, 3rd, 3rd, 6th). If you watched the 2017 FSU/Bama game, those two teams had similar talent imo. They lost their starting QB in that game, and the season didn't go well for them. But this sounds a lot like FSU trying to apologize for Taggart's struggles. And Taggart sure sounds a lot like Kevin Sumlin regarding how he runs his practices.

I don't disagree with any of this. Great point about Deondre Francois. Once he was injured, the Noles' season hit the skids and they never recovered despite nearly knocking off Clemson and a Miami team that played in the Orange Bowl.

Quote:

In your opinion, why do you think we are having trouble getting traction on one of the big three 2020 RB's, or 4 if you count Adams? After having the leading SEC rusher I would think we would have a great chance at one of them.

Think I address this somewhere in the thread. But I agree about the SEC leading rusher thing. I also consider Jay Graham and elite level recruiter at the position, which is why while unsure about how it's going to play out I'm convinced the Ags will come away with someone impressive at the position.

Quote:

What's OU selling the RB's to make two of the top three BOTH lean that direction?

One of the nation's most explosive offensive attacks I guess. But I don't think they're signing both Seth McGowan and Jase McClellan, I really don't.

Quote:

Favorite cocktail?

I like vodka more than any other liquor I guess but I'm starting to enjoy my tequila, as well. As far as a specific drink, I really don't think I have one so I'm open to any non-whiskey suggestions (I'll immediately get to sneezing about 10 times when I drink it).

Quote:

what concert or sporting event you were planning to attend became derail by last minute changes and you regret missing it till this day? Ever been a lead singer so strong to you vocally, he could be interchange with any group and those songs would have been just as famous? Could young Mick Jagger have replace the vocals of Sting in the police for example, or Bono of U2 carry the songs of Steve Perry? Axl Rose replace David Lee Roth.

This is a lot. My head is spinning. Sporting event? I'll never get over deciding at the last minute to sit out the 1998 Big 12 Championship game. Let me think on the singer partI almost went with the lead singer of Creed but I thought some of you would actually believe me.

Quote:

How many players will we sign this year?

My prediction is around 22.

Quote:

What's your favorite color?

Believe it or not, it used to be orange. Not burnt orange, mind youjust pure orange. Nowadays, I'm not sure I have a particular favorite. Maybe light blue or light gray.

Quote:

I have read of your support for the the AD hire. It doesn't look good from where I sit. Even though he did not hire him, how can you ignore the Freeze debacle that happened on his watch? Of course, it's a good move for our new AD. He probably couldn't wait to get out of there.

Not sure this is a question as much as you telling me you've already heard my answer and it's not good enough to change your mind. Nothing wrong with that but I'm done spending time on this answer when there are others to get to that I haven't already let everyone know my stance on.

Quote:

When discussing the 4 incoming freshmen linebackers, posters and staff seem fired up about Andre White and Chris Russel, and excited by the long term potential of Orebo, but the one I rarely hear anything about it Keshun Brown. Why is he talked about less than the others?

Kind of like Kenyon Jackson, right? I think Brown is flying under the radar some because he was such a late addition to the class in December. He's a very physical dude with an SEC West frame, that's for sure. I think we're going to ultimately look back on this five-man LB haul and realize it was a pretty salty one.

Quote:

Would you go vegan for a year if that would guarantee A&M won a conference title in 2019?.....I remember Jimbo said he would do that last year to have a win against Alabama, I don't know if I'd do that just for one game......but I'd be highly tempted to for a conf title bc of what would mean for recruiting

Without question. I'd be happy AND would end up losing the 20 pounds I want to drop.

Quote:

What was your reaction to Season 8 of GoT?

Ask me this one next week.

Quote:

Can we get a cliff jumpers forum, and when someone post in that forum it automatically bans them for a week?

I'll work on it! Best idea I've heard all week.

Quote:

Woodward brought a "not good enough" feeling to A&M that was gone for a long time. His quote about Sumlin at SEC media days exemplified that. Woodward had AMAZING hires of Jimbo, Buzz and Bird. With baseball the same as "an 8-4" for 14 years, with best being top 8 finishes, and softball being similar, will Bjork continue the Woodward change in attitude? Seems like Matt Luke is just good enough considering the violations. What's you feeling overall?

I think you're underestimating the situation Bjork was in when Ole Miss let Freeze go. The Matt Luke hire almost had to be made, IMO. As far as Bjork demanding excellence, only time will tell but based on what I've heard about him, I'm confident.

Quote:

We are 1 injury away from being here...How are the backup QBs developing?

I tackled this one after the spring (how the back up QBs looked). There won't be a ton of progress in that regard until we can see them in live action in fall camp but I know Fisher and Dickey were encouraged by how those guys ended the spring, particularly the young duo of Calzada and Foster.

Quote:

Favorite Disney movie as a kid, and which remake are you looking forward to seeing the most?

Lion King because it just looks really, really cool the way they're doing it with the CGI or whatever you're calling that.

Quote:

Rank the QB and RB prospects in order of the state's priority. I think it would help clear up what is going on at both positions

Well I can assure you that the A&M staff has had Haynes King ranked No. 1 in state for a good while before offering. It would probably go King then Malik Hornsby then Hudson Card, in that order. At running back, Zach Evans is kind of the consensus No. 1 dude in the country at the position but I believe the honest truth here is that the Ags and Jay Graham would be thrilled with any of the four you're probably talking about (including Sam Adams out of Seattle).

Quote:

Thank you to you and the staff for everything y'all do throughout the year. Y'all are the BEST!!

Much appreciatedwe love what we get to do, believe me!

Quote:

What does Memorial Day mean to you?

I think it's a day to sit back and enjoy the freedoms that our beloved troops now and all of those who have served and protected our shores and interests around the world throughout American history have provided us. I also think it's important to take time to reflect on what our military sacrifices today and every day. Also, it's a day to make sure we all thank our friends, family members and, hopefully, even a stranger or two for their service and for making this country what it is. It's not perfect, but today of all days is the perfect time to realize that there are thousands of people proudly waving the flag and fighting for America all over the world who are willing to give their lives for me, you and everyonereligion, race or political beliefs be damned.

Quote:

Fast forward to the first game of the year. What will you be focused on prior to the Clemson game?

I want to see the receivers overmatch Texas State, Kellen Mond make good, quick decisions with the ball and play with supreme confidence, the defensive front get to the quarterback, the OL protect Mond and in particular keep the inside rush at bay and, finally, I want to see the Aggie secondary not give up the big play. I'd also love to see Corbin and the running game go off and Cupp, Beal and Wydermyer each make a catch or two in the opener. Basically, I need to see everything in order to entertain the thought that the Ags will go to Death Valley and knock off Trevor Lawrence and the defending national champs. If I were to cut it down to two, it would be a month of fall camp and game one of the Aggies looking very strong on both lines of scrimmage (remember, Clemson loses their entire defensive front) and Mond and the passing game being in sync and brimming with confidence.

Quote:

Who is your favorite POY this year on both side of the ball?

My favorite on defense is Justin Madubuike. Really tough to pick one on offense. Options include Mond, Ausbon, Rogers, Davis, Corbin and maybe even one of the tackles. I'm going to go with Kellen with the very slight nod over Corbin and Davis.

Quote:

Are heading over to Coach Price's house for Bar B Q? The segments they do with his events make me very hungry.

No one loves their BBQ more than TP. I've been at Snow's at the same time so I am fully aware of his appreciation for outstanding 'cue!

Quote:

You've mentioned that with our recruiting and current upperclassmen that 2020 is the year we make a run at the playoffs. What top 25 ranking do we need to finish at to have a realistic chance at be highly ranked going into 2020 season?

I'd say anything in the top-15 would do the trick.

Quote:

What juniors or RS sophs declaring early for the draft after 2019 could potentially derail a 2020 run?

I think Madubuike is all but expected to go, though I suppose anything is possible. Beyond him, I think the guys you'd be worried about maybe prematurely leaving would be the receivers if anyone finishes the season as a rising All-SEC junior. I think it's unlikely but Rogers and Davis have that type of flashy upside to their games. Beyond that, there really aren't many 2019 juniors or even third-year guys who would seem very likely to earn an early round grade. Not this coming season, anyway.

Quote:

Is Bjork going to give an introductory speech?

Scheduled for Monday.

Quote:

How do I get a list of guys that played 4 or less games last football season. I see several now listed on 12thman.com as Sophomores and I thought they should be RS-Freshman. Who keeps tabs on all of this?

I'll find that out for you. Ask me in a separate post at the end of the week.

Quote:

Aggie bats average 2.5 runs per game during regionals...you taking the over or under?

Regionals? I'll go with the over, with a real struggle against WVU in game two if they push back their ace.

Quote:

What is your estimated % we go 0'fer on the three stud in state RBs.

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance the Ags don't get one of the three but the odds of the Ags still somehow ending up with McLellan or McGowan or Sam Adams are probably a little better than most think.

Quote:

Watching the 2019 class move in has reminded me how good they are! What players do you think get PT and who redshirts?

This class is a special onethere's no doubt about that. I think playing time wise, we'll see Kenyon Green, Baylor Cupp, Isaiah Spiller, Jalen Wydermyer, Dylan Wright and Kam Brown on offense. On defense? I'll go DeMarvin Leal, Derek Hunter, all five of the DBs and at least two of the linebacker signees.

Quote:

Blake Trainor needs to get in the weight room and re-shape his body, but he is one big boy!

He's going to be one of those country strong, 320-pound tacklers who also has some sneaky athleticism. He definitely needs a redshirt season and probably at least another year to develop but I could see him being a two-year starter on the back end in a perfect world. He's got some things you can't coach like size, toughness and a nasty streak.

Quote:

What is your view on this transfer portal thing. The Bru McCoy saga is ridiculous plus it seems more and more players are simply saying play me or I'm gone. Are coaches going to have to keep recruiting kids even after they enroll?

Absolutely they are. For as much as I loved the grad transfer rule, the portal is the worst thing to happen to college football in a long time, in my opinion.

Quote:

How much bubble could a Bubble Bock bubble if Bubble Bock could burst a bubble?

Bubble Bock bursted, Bubble Bock bristled, Bubble Bock bellowed before Bubble Bock bowed.

Quote:

I'm guessing that Bjork won't fire anyone very soon after being hired, so I imagine Childress at least gets another year. If Woodward stays, does Childress stay?

Good question. See the one below since I am answering these in reverse! I'm honestly not sure what would have happened had Woodward stayed and the Ags not made it out of a regional (which has NOT happened yet, in case you guys haven't noticed).

Quote:

Let me ask the question another way. It has been clear for 3 to 4 years now that a change in HC was needed in baseball. Why didn't Woodward handle it? Too many other important matters took priority or couldn't find worthy replacement?

For starters, I guess it hasn't been as clear to the powers-that-be than it has you and many on the boards. Second, I do think there have been more pressing mattersmatters that cost an awful lot of money to make happen. I think Rob understands he has to win and win now and that he'll probably land on the hotseat following this season barring a June run (which is still well within the realm of possibility).

Quote:

No question. Love this website. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Appreciate the love!

Quote:

What's your take on the entrance tune - keep it or change it?

Keep it. If you were going to change it, it was last year. Still love it and it gets the Kyle Field crowd going like nothing we've seen prior. I have heard they are doing some really cool things in terms of the team's entrance to the field the 'tunnel walk' if you will in the works.

Quote:

Who do you think we sign at RB and OL this class?

At running back? No idea. My guess is still that the Ags land one of the four Adams, Evans, McGowan or McLellan and if not then Jay Graham is going to find someone we're not yet talking about out of somewhere like Florida or Georgia. Offensive line? That's tough but I'll go with adding Hayes, Morris and fighting back to land Akinola Ogunbiyi before all is said and done.

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Texas Tech, I bet his numbers against Texas Tech will rank top three in what we talked about. But the guy, the reason they Tech almost came back is because of Elingher through a disasterous pick late in that game.

Here is where he completely shows his ass.  Sam was turnover free in the 2018 game vs Tech. He was in the middle of that streak of passes without and INT.  He kicked ass against Tech. Just another example of the red hot Texas hate Loochi shows in everything he says.  Does anybody that covers Texas go on the record with as much hate towards the aggys that billy-boy has towards Texas?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Where's your land again (what state)? I'd hate for you to uproot until a more rural setting only to find that somehow, some way, you bought land next to an Aggie. 

North Carolina. My only concern is when we were looking at our new farm, we could smell cookies baking in the house next door.

Look at the jump from his true freshman to sophomore season, which came in his first year in a new system under one of the most demanding QB tutors in all of college football.

Oh, my, God. If Jimbo's tiny cock were any deeper down Luigi's throat, the rest of his puny body would be there, too. I swear, it's like he's never even watched a Jimbo Fisher coached team. In the history of Jimbo QBs, there has never been one who I would look at at say, "My word, has that guy been well coached, or what?"

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long, long time. Where are Gooseneck, Shsssuhhh Man and all the guys covering Texas who were giddy about adding Bru's 'stars' and then claiming a top-5 finish while gaming the system to 'pass' A&M in one of the major ranking services at the finish line? Please Aggies, go out of your way to ridicule anyone in Burnt Orange who was insufferable on social media when McCoy originally left USC for Texas in February. And there's a certain clown now covering Notre Dame who would probably love to hear from all of you, as well. Barring this being a family issue or something serious on McCoy's side, this is by far the most comical turn of events I've seen since I started covering recruiting. I swear, the amount of gloating we saw from the Longhorn fans, media and even coaching staff was so ridiculously over the top that this just feels so right, doesn't it? It also makes me wonder what Tom Herman sold versus what he delivered in terms of environment, culture or any other promises made. Count me among those who are hoping this thing goes through.

This is definitely Peak Loochi. 

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

North Carolina. My only concern is when we were looking at our new farm, we could smell cookies baking in the house next door.

Oh, my, God. If Jimbo's tiny cock were any deeper down Luigi's throat, the rest of his puny body would be there, too. I swear, it's like he's never even watched a Jimbo Fisher coached team. In the history of Jimbo QBs, there has never been one who I would look at at say, "My word, has that guy been well coached, or what?"

Jimbo is demanding, though. He coaches his QBs hard, just not particularly well.

35 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

But in the history of football, has there ever been a coach as good as Jimbo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Quote:

I read an article from the sun sentinel where the writer said that part of the reason fsu was bad last season was due to the lack of talent on the roster he inherited. Specifically, fsu had only Brian burns go in the 1st round and another player go in the 6th rd of the 2019 draft. What are your thoughts on what jimbo fisher left at fsu and how much credence do you give to the argument that fisher left Willie tagger a mess at fsu?

I think Taggart is a solid coach who is going to have a hard time succeeding at Florida State. Not sure how many guys Willie T ran off or how many left on their own accord but if Nole recruiting fell off under Jimbo it probably had to do with the fact that their facilities are horrifically bad (even Taggart himself leaned on that when it was convenient this season) and the infrastructure, support and administration there are a mess. Jimbo left a bad situation (which is why Woodward always knew he could hire him given A&M's financial resources and commitment to winning) and Taggart walked into one. It was a worse situation than even a national championship coach could overcome. Simple as that. And that team was pitiful last year. Way worse than their talent level.

This is a complete crock of shit. I've been in FSU's facilities several times and they have better facilities than Florida or Miami. They're consistently rated in the Top 15 for facilities and for good reason. Taggart didn't "lean on that" at all. Taggart's issue with the facilities is the lack of a football-only facility and he's mentioned it several times. He's also shown patience in that regard due to the lack of available real estate in Tallahassee, something Jimbo wasn't willing and able to do. Looch is repeating the false narrative that Jimbo has sold Aggy on. 

Jimbo did leave a bad situation in Tallahassee. He was 80% of the cause of that bad situation too. Again, Looch is twisting the narrative. He is also conveniently leaving out Jimbo's blaming of facilities when FSU got their shit pushed in by Louisville in 2016. That game was 63-20. No one in their right mind would blame an ass whipping like that on facilities, except of course Jimbo. Their admin does need restructuring, specifically the boosters. The infrastructure and support are there. Jimbo got everything he ever asked for with the exception of the FOF, which wasn't going to be an overnight solution. 

The culture of that program was rotted and infested with entitlement. That was on Jimbo. There were many position groups (OL, WR and LB) that were woefully thin and that had poor recruiting results for years so being "way worse than their talent level" is somewhat subjective. Some positions are loaded with talent while others were extremely fucking thin. Taggart had to hit the reset button on that and part with some players who held on to that entitlement mindset from Jimbo's tenure.. 

• Like 1

1:33:50 - 1:36:10

Fat Hamm talks about closing the book on the Zach Evans recruitment, and shames the grown men that are Texas fans on their behavior towards an 18 year old kid. Also, how hypocritical tay yew fans are with what's going on with Bru McCoy. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/UmxzPWDCOtM/0117550-edej.mp3

14 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

He is also conveniently leaving out Jimbo's blaming of facilities when FSU got their shit pushed in by Louisville in 2016. That game was 63-20. No one in their right mind would blame an ass whipping like that on facilities, except of course Jimbo.

that team was so problematically bereft of talent that it lost to Louisville by 43, and yet was good enough to win 10 games

almost like the Louisville result was caused by half-ass coaching and a team of talented quitters, not the facilities 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that team was so problematically bereft of talent that it lost to Louisville by 43, and yet was good enough to win 10 games

almost like it was half-ass coaching and a team of talented quitters 

nm

Edited by Bevo14
double post

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

almost like it was half-ass coaching and a team of talented quitters 

Sounds familiar. I think I remember how this story ends.

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

almost like the Louisville result was caused by half-ass coaching and a team of talented quitters, not the facilities 

Jimbo had the team sign promise letters after that game. Promise letters that said they wouldn't quit and give maximum effort. When you get to that point, that's a fucking coaching issue, not a facilities issue. Jimbo, as is his nature to do, used that as an excuse.

They did win 10 games that year but had a few squeakers against a schedule that wasn't all that tough. They lost to Louisville, Clemson and North Carolina. They squeaked past Miami, NC State and Michigan. Willie Taggart's USF team put up more points on Jimbo that year than Michigan, Florida and Miami.

23 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

Aggy concern as always is their place in the pecking order.  Talk to Tech fans about how arrogant and obnoxious Ag fans are.  They are just pissed down to their DNA that they are always #2.  They will pull their hair out; railing about the blue-bloods in Austin while pissing on everyone else.  

See the Manziel years.  Heisman winning season.  Finished ranked in the top 10.  Beat OU.  New to the SEC.  Good God they were an insufferable mass of twats....even as they crashed down the very next season. 

5 hours ago, Sejjr said:

This is definitely Peak Loochi. 

This is classic as well:

Why were we behind on so many 2020 prospects, and is that being corrected for the 2021 class?

I'm curious as to who they were behind on. Some would say Haynes King but I don't really agree on that and I would say they were definitely a little behind on Garrett Hayes (for whatever reason Turner offered several way too soon and then got in on several late just before he left). I'm going by position and don't think they've tried to scramble to get back in with many Texas prospects 'late.' I think folks are confused this year because the Aggie staff seems to disagree with the ranking services more than they have in the past and have passed on several guys they otherwise could have had by now that would have everyone giddy about a top-10 class. Alas, it would be one with about five guys that the Ags clearly think they can or need to do better than.

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

This is classic as well:

Yeah Tarp has been open on gigem247 that Jimbo's board is pretty much the same as everyone else's this year. Pravda can't allow that to sink in, though.

5 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Quote:

I really don't think there's any way to gauge that until we see Kellen on the field in September. However, there are factors that would indicate that the junior-to-be could make a very significant jump and emerge as one of the SEC's elite signal-callers. Look at the jump from his true freshman to sophomore season, which came in his first year in a new system under one of the most demanding QB tutors in all of college football. With another off-season under Jimbo Fisher, having seen many of the game's best defenses and defensive coaches once or twice already, about ten added pounds of muscle, a veteran receiving corps and the confidence that came with how he closed out the 2018 season, the potential is there for a national breakout. Mond has also put in the kind of work with his receivers and by taking ownership of the Aggie off-season that has caught the attention of everyone. Plenty of room for improvement over last season but also plenty of reasons to think Kellen is set to make the leap.

Quote:

What will it take for the Ags to have just an average baseball offense next year? New coaching or new players? What a shame to waste such excellent pitching and get no run support.

I'm always a 'let's let this thing play out' guyespecially when it comes to a sport like baseball when you have starting arms and a staff like the Aggies do. Of course, the offense has been incredibly frustrating and it has been throughout the better part of Coach Childress' tenure in College Station (as has elite pitching, which it's clear isn't enough). Something has to change dramatically, either a culture shift in terms of the guys they're recruiting or by looking at bringing in someone who can wake up the bats. This is one instance in which the numbers don't lie.

Quote:

With the influx of talent on the back end...does our secondary finally take a big step forward this year or will the youth/inexperience at the SEC level hurt us? Also...we're in Dublin...what's the cant miss nighttime hot spot?

I think inexperience could be a real issue in September but there's also the chance that, with so much experience at least at corner and Debione Renfro coming off of a strong spring and Leon O'Neal having a breakout showing in the bowl, Mike Elko will be able to gradually introduce all of his new talent into the playing time and (eventually) starting mix. You'll have to ask someone else for Dublin recs. Unfortunately, I've never been but would really love to make it there soon so how about you tell me all about when you get back?

Quote:

Good follow up to the last question. I'd say it's actually the secondary because of all the variables with veterans you hope to see improve now that they've played a LOT of football and the five (six if you count Clifford Chattman). That said, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Aggie wideouts. The group is fascinating because of the combination of incredible upside that they showed as sophomores against the likes of Clemson and LSU, the breakout season Quartney Davis put together and Kendrick Rogers' star turn during 74-72 and the fact that, along with Jhamon Ausbon, the Ags boast four very experienced and talented pass-catchers at the top plus new options including Caleb Chapman and Dylan Wright, among others. What makes the group fascinating to me is the fact that, while I'm among those who believe this could ultimately be one of the better receiving corps in the country, the fact of the matter is that the unit battled injuries and inconsistently throughout most of the regular-season. Still a lot to prove before we can mention Dameyune Craig's group alongside Alabama in the SEC.

Quote:

They'll have a great shot to crack that group. Some excellent defensive lines in the league, as always, but I like the Ags' chances to be considered elite. The inside strength is there and there's a ton of exciting and talented depth. I'd say in order to reach SEC elite status, Micheal Clemons has to rise up and make the most of what's going to be his one shot at it as a senior and Tyree Johnson is going to have to build on a strong finish and help provide an edge pass rush that was oftentimes missing last year.

Quote:

I don't think so. If they go 3-1, this is a playoff team and I think the Ags are a year away. I think a breakthrough would be to go 2-2 and finish 10-2 or 9-3. Even that is going to be very difficult for a team that starts on senior.

Quote:

Quote:

What are your thoughts on Art Briles back coaching high school football at Mount Vernon?

I know a lot of people who vouch for Art and have some close friends from Mount Vernon but I don't think he deserves to coach in the Texas High School football ranks again. I think he lost that right but I'm not the one who makes such decisions.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm going to go off grid a little and say Longview QB Haynes King. I know he's planning visits after the A&M trip but just consider it a hunch. If not him, then I'd probably go with Muhsin Muhammad III or Antonio Doyle Jr..

Quote:

if you could live in any other SEC state, which one would you choose and why? Bonus: top 3 SEC cities to split time in.

State? Probably Florida but that's too easy because of the options. If not there then probably Tennessee. Cities? Ummmm, not Columbia (Missouri) and definitely not Starkville. Nashville, Tuscaloosa/Birmingham and I'm thinking Athens though I haven't been yet.

Quote:

Without knowing many details, the overall health of our athletic department looks good. What's 2-3 of the biggest tasks the new AD will have to tackle we may not be thinking about?

I think connecting with Jimbo and understanding what still needs to happen to take this thing to the next level and championing those needs for the head man is near the top of the list. I also believe making Buzz Williams feel at home (think about the leadership vacuum he walked in to and has been operating in since arriving) and getting him what he needs in terms of support and facility upgrades is of the utmost importance. Beyond that, getting acclimated as quickly and seamlessly as possible while also evaluating sports such as baseball and softball as we approach the summer off-season. Ross Bjork will be a very busy man come July.

Quote:

What's the word on Demarvin Leal? Will he able to fully participate in offseason training?

Quote:

Tell me about Kenyon Jackson. Seems like he's a forgotten man from the 2019 signing class.

He really has been a forgotten man of sorts, but that's only in terms of the media and message board attention. As far Jimbo Fisher, Darrell Dicky and Dameyune Craig go, they've been counting the days until the 6-6 pass-catcher from Georgia gets the chance to show what he can do. I've asked around and everyone inside the program familiar with Jackson believes he has the potential to be one of the real steals of the 2019 class. It's a crowded position but he's a unique weapon on the outside. Is a more fluid version of Frank Iheanacho from what I've can see.

Quote:

Do you think the new Mile Elko contract keeps him in place for years to come or do you think with a upcoming season on par with last year we will see another suitor this time from the P5 come along?

I'm in the camp that believes Elko passing on the Temple job and getting the raise is going to keep him in College Station for at least a couple of more seasons. It was by far the most significant development of the A&M off-season and Elko's plan is to take this thing all the way.

Quote:

what would the impact on recruiting be if we go, say, 2-2 against the likes of clemson, bama, USA and lsu versus say 0-4 or even 1-3? Maybe another way to ask, is each win vs that group worth an additional high four star or even five star?

You can look above to see what I think 2-2 would mean. You're probably talking about a NY6 bowl and maybe even an SEC title game appearance if one of those losses is to Clemson. Anything 9-3 or better would provide a tremendous shot in the arm for Jimbo's recruiting efforts and I think you'd see the Ags sandwich top-5 classes ('19 and '21) around a '19 finish comfortably in the top-10. You may still see that anyway, so we're probably talking three straight top 5's if that's the case, with a chance for a top 3 haul in 2021. On the low end, I think the Ags continue their current recruiting trend (strong finish in '18, top-5 in '19 and they'll eventually climb into the top-10 this year, IMO) if they're able to match last year's 9-4 overall mark.

Quote:

what is your favorite, or maybe just interesting, recruiting story from the Fran and Sherman years (one each)?

Save this one for a separate post and I'll try to answer it. I'd have to think but the Fran one would probably be Mike Goodson or Adrian Peterson. Then again, Michael/Martellus Bennett, Von Miller and Ryan Tannehill were all pretty fascinating, as well. Sherman would have to be Johnny Manziel or Mike Evans, right? I guess those are the obvious ones but there's always the Floyd Raven story. I think that one held the title as most bizarre recruitment right up until Bru McCoy had his 'hold my coffee' moment this week (get it?...'brew' and Floyd's blossoming career in the coffee business). Still haven't seen many recruitments like Jarvis Harrison's either, where he went unrecruited and then, post Signing Day, was 'discovered' by the likes of A&M, Oklahoma State and others.

Quote:

Other than what I have learned from Texags, which is plenty, I know little to nothing about the new AD. The general enthusiasm is reassuring. One issue sticks out a bit to me and that is the reputation Ole Miss has of not being a squeaky clean program. Could you address that particular issue?

Listen, I'm not completely privy to all the happenings in Oxford but I know I've talked to folks from fans, to media members, to coaches in Oxford and around the country and to people at A&M and in the AD world and not one has said this hire was anything short of a very good one and no one has had anything but great things to say about Ross Bjork. Much of the vitriol coming from the Ole Miss fan base had everything to do with the fact that Bjork ultimately gave the NCAA unfettered access during their investigation. Most of those folks would love nothing more than for Hugh Freeze to return to the Ole Miss sidelines, which should tell you plenty. I think Freeze was as dirty as they come but Bjork didn't hire him and that's the kind of thing that a head coach and his staff would do everything they could to keep from their bosses.

Quote:

Can you please go into detail on the cause of the issue at North Shore? Does that go back to RC and Tiki Hardeman?

So many coaches have come and gone through there since 1995 that this has nothing to do with Tiki Hardeman (who is a proud Aggie, by the way, and came and finished his degree a couple of years ago). The head coach at that time, David Aymond (my freshman team coach at Kempner believe it or not) is no longer the North Shore head man, either. I think it's as much about LSU having their hooks deep into that staff for quite some time now (which I think is absolutely ridiculous given the coaches are working a premier job in our fine state) and the fact that, prior to Jimbo coming, the Ags haven't had enough juice to recruit the elite, five-star caliber prospects from the Houston-area power save 2012-2013. Keep in mind, there have also been several guys over the years that A&M could have gotten from there but passed on. They just haven't had any success with their top targets, often losing them to Mack Brown and Texas and, more recently, LSU. Prediction: The Aggies break the cycle in 2021.

Quote:

I know you're close to Johnny, has he given it up or is he hanging on to the fact that Kliff might give him a shot or is that even a pipe dream?

He's hanging on to hope but he's also realistic with it. He'll keep working but I don't think it's a case of Johnny getting his hopes up. He's doing a lot of golfing right now and is hoping to get one more shot.

Quote:

Heading to Cabo as I type this so I started the weekend late (after a quick stop in Austin Saturday night and Sunday). Hope yours was great too!

Quote:

Tough call here. I'm going to say not game one but I think Blades will claim a starting role by the end of September. I think Myles Jones and Debione Renfro get the game one call and Blades begins to show what he can do against Clemson and starts shortly after that.

Quote:

Get back to me on this one in about two weeks. The group just returned to campus after a couple of weeks off in late May.

Quote:

What sporting event have you not been to that is at the top of your list (aside from an Aggie Natty game)?

Good question. I may have to sneak up to Toronto this week because I have an NBA Finals offer but seeing some friends at the Indy 500 this weekend got me to thinking. I guess mine would have to be the Derby or a World Cup soccer match.

Quote:

Woah. Lots going through my head the moment I read this one. Get back to me when I'm in more of a reflective and less of a comedic mood. Good question if you're being serious and not just trying to test the 'ask me anything' aspect of these segments.

Quote:

First off, thanks for your hard work and the staffs hours and energy they put in as well (besides Gabe.).

You're very welcome!

Quote:

Second, without getting into your sources identities, just how plugged in are you really? Like for instance, how early did you know about Sumlin being toast or that Jimbo was gonna be our guy?

A lot of people would love to know that, wouldn't they? All I can say is I do my best and have the trust of a lot of people because anyone who really knows me understands I always have A&M's best interests at heart (meaning I'd never jeopardize or compromise anything for the sake of grabbing a headline in my quest to be 'first'). I also think that, believe it or not, there are times when folks actually seek out my opinion.

Quote:

What does the Aggie football program look like 5 years from now in terms of pecking order within the SEC and the country?

SEC? I think Texas A&M will sit alongside Alabama, Georgia and Florida as the top four programs in the league. I also believe the Ags will join those three I just mentioned as top-10 programs in college football. I also expect a playoff berth and an SEC title during that run and at least one other legitimate run at the playoff (either making it or falling just short).

Quote:

Will there be a new D1 sport added at A&M in the foreseeable future? Assuming you would have to add both a men's and women's sport for Title 9 reasons, what would they be?

If there is one added, it's absolutely going to be on the women's side and not on the men's. My guess would be sand volleyball. It's gaining popularity, is becoming something volleyball coaches believe they need in order to compete with the programs that do have it and it would be a relatively inexpensive addition, I would think.

Quote:

Everyone is concerned about the big 4 games, and rightfully so. However, which game outside of those four do you think will be the hardest/most likely for us to lose?

Auburn, without question. However, if you think Mississippi State, South Carolina (this one is going to be very sneaky tough) or even Arkansas or Ole Miss will be a cakewalk, think again. That's what makes this so tough. The Ags almost have to win all of those games in order to have the kind of season that would qualify as progress and they lost to State and Auburn and were locked in fourth quarter games against all three of the others last year. Nothing will come easy for Texas A&M this fall, absolutely nothing when it comes to the toughest schedule in program history.

Quote:

He's got a legitimate shot to contribute and crack the rotation but Deneric Prince and Jacob Kibodi really established themselves as contenders for carries late during spring ball. If Vernon Jackson returns (his status is still totally up in the air), then it's quite crowded but I think Spiller is the type of all-around talent who will quickly excel in all phases of the game. He has a shot to be this year's Jashaun Corbin but the competition is stiffer than it was a season ago when Jashaun came in with a bunch of other true freshman. My prediction is that Spiller contributes and gets his feet wet this fall before having a major impact in year two.

Quote:

Well we all thought it would be Kevin and Kyler Murray, didn't we? Who knows, maybe it'll be Sam Adams and Sam Adams or Bucky and John Paul Richardson??? I'm going to have to think on this one because I fear I'll leave off something obvious.

Quote:

I don't foresee him making any until next spring, although he'll immediately evaluate the spring sports (and all sports, for that matter) so who knows.

Quote:

I'll go with Chapman because he was considered by those inside the program as someone who was about to break out as a true freshman last fall before tearing his ACL during practice in the week of what was likely to be his first career start. Dude just has that 'it' factor.

Quote:

Yes, I believe he'll eventually be the quarterback that the Aggies sign in 2020.

Quote:

It's interesting how many of the state's best HS running backs never really match their hype in college (E. Moody, M. Goodson, Malcolm Brown, Johnathan Gray, Trey Williams, etc). In your opinion what is the most difficult position to project recruiting success from high school to college (not including special teams)?

I still believe it's the offensive line. So tough to gauge toughness at the position because so many times these kids are so much bigger and stronger than the guys they are going against at the high school level that they are rarely pushed or put to the testespecially like they will once they step foot on an SEC football field.

Quote:

If we replace our hitting coach, what are your thoughts about Boomer White? He has a great career in front of him in broadcasting, but his ability to read players mechanics and comment on their approach, gives me the feeling he would make a great coach.

I agree with you, Boomer could be one hell of a coach one day if he were to choose that route but I'm not sure he's pursuing anything like that.

Quote:

Cabo.

Quote:

I know we are in excellent shape with Haynes King now, but what took us so long to offer?

Jimbo and Dickey are going to be very particular when it comes to in-state QB offers and their primary objective is to see them in person first if at all possible, whether that be on a visit or (preferably) in game or camp action.

Quote:

Quote:

He's established a championship culture. His players from the veterans to the young guys to the guys who just left for the NFL believe they will win a championship at Texas A&M and are 100% committed to making that happen. I don't know how to explain it but it's noticeably different than it's been around here in a long, long time.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is Bjork's reputation one of somebody quick to make changes or one who sits back and let's it play out a little longer? In my mind there can be value to both, but with softball floundering and baseball stagnate, I'll be curious to see his approach on those programs. Thanks Looch!,

I'll be as curious as you are and plan to get to know more about him over the summer.

Quote:

Quote:

I dare to dream, but what would it do for our program and what would be the reaction if we pull off the unexpected and beat both Clemson and Alabama?

Well, for starters I think we'd be talking about an SEC champ and playoff berth and when you factor in what the Ags have coming back and the recruiting push they would get I think you'd be talking about A&M knocking down that 'top-10 program' door and the Aggies enjoying arguably the greatest run in program history under Jimbo Fisher. Why? Because if he can have the Ags to the point that his team could accomplish that in year two, then there really is no limit, now is there?

Quote:

With how consistently A&M has produced a top tier SEC pitching staff (and MLB quality arms) year in and year out, while still over coming the difficulties of dealing with scholarship limitations and kids opting for the minors, why has that not been the case for the offensive side of the ball?

I really don't get it because it's not like football where if you play a wide open, finesse style then that's what you're practicing against every day and, as a result, you might have a real problem with a smash-mouth, physical squad. The two recruiting great pitching and finding outstanding hitters would seem to be mutually exclusive, right?

Quote:

Decent. I'd be surprised if the Ags didn't land one of them and they have a legit shot to sign both. Right now, I'd say A&M leads for Morris and the Ags' chances are as good as Arkansas and OU's to land Hayes, even if they are still in the process of making up some ground.

Quote:

This one is interesting because it seems as if he's leaning towards A&M one week and Texas the next (and back again). Right now, it sounds like the Aggies are trending but we'll see where it goes. I'd say better than 50/50 at this time if Coach Fisher, Dameyune Craig and Co. make a hard push for a commit.

Quote:

Not to derail Billy's question thread, but...FSU's national class ranking from 2014-2017 (4th, 3rd, 3rd, 6th). If you watched the 2017 FSU/Bama game, those two teams had similar talent imo. They lost their starting QB in that game, and the season didn't go well for them. But this sounds a lot like FSU trying to apologize for Taggart's struggles. And Taggart sure sounds a lot like Kevin Sumlin regarding how he runs his practices.

I don't disagree with any of this. Great point about Deondre Francois. Once he was injured, the Noles' season hit the skids and they never recovered despite nearly knocking off Clemson and a Miami team that played in the Orange Bowl.

Quote:

In your opinion, why do you think we are having trouble getting traction on one of the big three 2020 RB's, or 4 if you count Adams? After having the leading SEC rusher I would think we would have a great chance at one of them.

Think I address this somewhere in the thread. But I agree about the SEC leading rusher thing. I also consider Jay Graham and elite level recruiter at the position, which is why while unsure about how it's going to play out I'm convinced the Ags will come away with someone impressive at the position.

Quote:

What's OU selling the RB's to make two of the top three BOTH lean that direction?

One of the nation's most explosive offensive attacks I guess. But I don't think they're signing both Seth McGowan and Jase McClellan, I really don't.

Quote:

Favorite cocktail?

I like vodka more than any other liquor I guess but I'm starting to enjoy my tequila, as well. As far as a specific drink, I really don't think I have one so I'm open to any non-whiskey suggestions (I'll immediately get to sneezing about 10 times when I drink it).

Quote:

what concert or sporting event you were planning to attend became derail by last minute changes and you regret missing it till this day? Ever been a lead singer so strong to you vocally, he could be interchange with any group and those songs would have been just as famous? Could young Mick Jagger have replace the vocals of Sting in the police for example, or Bono of U2 carry the songs of Steve Perry? Axl Rose replace David Lee Roth.

This is a lot. My head is spinning. Sporting event? I'll never get over deciding at the last minute to sit out the 1998 Big 12 Championship game. Let me think on the singer partI almost went with the lead singer of Creed but I thought some of you would actually believe me.

Quote:

Quote:

Believe it or not, it used to be orange. Not burnt orange, mind youjust pure orange. Nowadays, I'm not sure I have a particular favorite. Maybe light blue or light gray.

Quote:

I have read of your support for the the AD hire. It doesn't look good from where I sit. Even though he did not hire him, how can you ignore the Freeze debacle that happened on his watch? Of course, it's a good move for our new AD. He probably couldn't wait to get out of there.

Not sure this is a question as much as you telling me you've already heard my answer and it's not good enough to change your mind. Nothing wrong with that but I'm done spending time on this answer when there are others to get to that I haven't already let everyone know my stance on.

Quote:

When discussing the 4 incoming freshmen linebackers, posters and staff seem fired up about Andre White and Chris Russel, and excited by the long term potential of Orebo, but the one I rarely hear anything about it Keshun Brown. Why is he talked about less than the others?

Kind of like Kenyon Jackson, right? I think Brown is flying under the radar some because he was such a late addition to the class in December. He's a very physical dude with an SEC West frame, that's for sure. I think we're going to ultimately look back on this five-man LB haul and realize it was a pretty salty one.

Quote:

Would you go vegan for a year if that would guarantee A&M won a conference title in 2019?.....I remember Jimbo said he would do that last year to have a win against Alabama, I don't know if I'd do that just for one game......but I'd be highly tempted to for a conf title bc of what would mean for recruiting

Without question. I'd be happy AND would end up losing the 20 pounds I want to drop.

Quote:

Quote:

Can we get a cliff jumpers forum, and when someone post in that forum it automatically bans them for a week?

Quote:

Woodward brought a "not good enough" feeling to A&M that was gone for a long time. His quote about Sumlin at SEC media days exemplified that. Woodward had AMAZING hires of Jimbo, Buzz and Bird. With baseball the same as "an 8-4" for 14 years, with best being top 8 finishes, and softball being similar, will Bjork continue the Woodward change in attitude? Seems like Matt Luke is just good enough considering the violations. What's you feeling overall?

I think you're underestimating the situation Bjork was in when Ole Miss let Freeze go. The Matt Luke hire almost had to be made, IMO. As far as Bjork demanding excellence, only time will tell but based on what I've heard about him, I'm confident.

Quote:

I tackled this one after the spring (how the back up QBs looked). There won't be a ton of progress in that regard until we can see them in live action in fall camp but I know Fisher and Dickey were encouraged by how those guys ended the spring, particularly the young duo of Calzada and Foster.

Quote:

Favorite Disney movie as a kid, and which remake are you looking forward to seeing the most?

Lion King because it just looks really, really cool the way they're doing it with the CGI or whatever you're calling that.

Quote:

Rank the QB and RB prospects in order of the state's priority. I think it would help clear up what is going on at both positions

Well I can assure you that the A&M staff has had Haynes King ranked No. 1 in state for a good while before offering. It would probably go King then Malik Hornsby then Hudson Card, in that order. At running back, Zach Evans is kind of the consensus No. 1 dude in the country at the position but I believe the honest truth here is that the Ags and Jay Graham would be thrilled with any of the four you're probably talking about (including Sam Adams out of Seattle).

Quote:

Thank you to you and the staff for everything y'all do throughout the year. Y'all are the BEST!!

Quote:

I think it's a day to sit back and enjoy the freedoms that our beloved troops now and all of those who have served and protected our shores and interests around the world throughout American history have provided us. I also think it's important to take time to reflect on what our military sacrifices today and every day. Also, it's a day to make sure we all thank our friends, family members and, hopefully, even a stranger or two for their service and for making this country what it is. It's not perfect, but today of all days is the perfect time to realize that there are thousands of people proudly waving the flag and fighting for America all over the world who are willing to give their lives for me, you and everyonereligion, race or political beliefs be damned.

Quote:

Fast forward to the first game of the year. What will you be focused on prior to the Clemson game?

I want to see the receivers overmatch Texas State, Kellen Mond make good, quick decisions with the ball and play with supreme confidence, the defensive front get to the quarterback, the OL protect Mond and in particular keep the inside rush at bay and, finally, I want to see the Aggie secondary not give up the big play. I'd also love to see Corbin and the running game go off and Cupp, Beal and Wydermyer each make a catch or two in the opener. Basically, I need to see everything in order to entertain the thought that the Ags will go to Death Valley and knock off Trevor Lawrence and the defending national champs. If I were to cut it down to two, it would be a month of fall camp and game one of the Aggies looking very strong on both lines of scrimmage (remember, Clemson loses their entire defensive front) and Mond and the passing game being in sync and brimming with confidence.

Quote:

My favorite on defense is Justin Madubuike. Really tough to pick one on offense. Options include Mond, Ausbon, Rogers, Davis, Corbin and maybe even one of the tackles. I'm going to go with Kellen with the very slight nod over Corbin and Davis.

Quote:

Are heading over to Coach Price's house for Bar B Q? The segments they do with his events make me very hungry.

No one loves their BBQ more than TP. I've been at Snow's at the same time so I am fully aware of his appreciation for outstanding 'cue!

Quote:

You've mentioned that with our recruiting and current upperclassmen that 2020 is the year we make a run at the playoffs. What top 25 ranking do we need to finish at to have a realistic chance at be highly ranked going into 2020 season?

Quote:

What juniors or RS sophs declaring early for the draft after 2019 could potentially derail a 2020 run?

I think Madubuike is all but expected to go, though I suppose anything is possible. Beyond him, I think the guys you'd be worried about maybe prematurely leaving would be the receivers if anyone finishes the season as a rising All-SEC junior. I think it's unlikely but Rogers and Davis have that type of flashy upside to their games. Beyond that, there really aren't many 2019 juniors or even third-year guys who would seem very likely to earn an early round grade. Not this coming season, anyway.

Quote:

Scheduled for Monday.

Quote:

How do I get a list of guys that played 4 or less games last football season. I see several now listed on 12thman.com as Sophomores and I thought they should be RS-Freshman. Who keeps tabs on all of this?

Quote:

Aggie bats average 2.5 runs per game during regionals...you taking the over or under?

Regionals? I'll go with the over, with a real struggle against WVU in game two if they push back their ace.

Quote:

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance the Ags don't get one of the three but the odds of the Ags still somehow ending up with McLellan or McGowan or Sam Adams are probably a little better than most think.

Quote:

Watching the 2019 class move in has reminded me how good they are! What players do you think get PT and who redshirts?

This class is a special onethere's no doubt about that. I think playing time wise, we'll see Kenyon Green, Baylor Cupp, Isaiah Spiller, Jalen Wydermyer, Dylan Wright and Kam Brown on offense. On defense? I'll go DeMarvin Leal, Derek Hunter, all five of the DBs and at least two of the linebacker signees.

Quote:

Blake Trainor needs to get in the weight room and re-shape his body, but he is one big boy!

He's going to be one of those country strong, 320-pound tacklers who also has some sneaky athleticism. He definitely needs a redshirt season and probably at least another year to develop but I could see him being a two-year starter on the back end in a perfect world. He's got some things you can't coach like size, toughness and a nasty streak.

Quote:

What is your view on this transfer portal thing. The Bru McCoy saga is ridiculous plus it seems more and more players are simply saying play me or I'm gone. Are coaches going to have to keep recruiting kids even after they enroll?

Absolutely they are. For as much as I loved the grad transfer rule, the portal is the worst thing to happen to college football in a long time, in my opinion.

Quote:

Bubble Bock bursted, Bubble Bock bristled, Bubble Bock bellowed before Bubble Bock bowed.

Quote:

I'm guessing that Bjork won't fire anyone very soon after being hired, so I imagine Childress at least gets another year. If Woodward stays, does Childress stay?

Good question. See the one below since I am answering these in reverse! I'm honestly not sure what would have happened had Woodward stayed and the Ags not made it out of a regional (which has NOT happened yet, in case you guys haven't noticed).

Quote:

Let me ask the question another way. It has been clear for 3 to 4 years now that a change in HC was needed in baseball. Why didn't Woodward handle it? Too many other important matters took priority or couldn't find worthy replacement?

For starters, I guess it hasn't been as clear to the powers-that-be than it has you and many on the boards. Second, I do think there have been more pressing mattersmatters that cost an awful lot of money to make happen. I think Rob understands he has to win and win now and that he'll probably land on the hotseat following this season barring a June run (which is still well within the realm of possibility).

Quote:

No question. Love this website. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Appreciate the love!

Quote:

Keep it. If you were going to change it, it was last year. Still love it and it gets the Kyle Field crowd going like nothing we've seen prior. I have heard they are doing some really cool things in terms of the team's entrance to the field the 'tunnel walk' if you will in the works.

Quote:

At running back? No idea. My guess is still that the Ags land one of the four Adams, Evans, McGowan or McLellan and if not then Jay Graham is going to find someone we're not yet talking about out of somewhere like Florida or Georgia. Offensive line? That's tough but I'll go with adding Hayes, Morris and fighting back to land Akinola Ogunbiyi before all is said and done.

Looch said the Bru situation is the funniest thing he's seen in a long, long time?  Guess he forgot about two 5* QB's transferring out in a week.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

This is classic as well:

That is 100%, pure Loochian retardese right there. Now it’s the recruiting services themselves that are wrong. They didn’t lose anyone. They simply passed on the big names guys because they have their own big board. 

34 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That is 100%, pure Loochian retardese right there. Now it’s the recruiting services themselves that are wrong. They didn’t lose anyone. They simply passed on the big names guys because they have their own big board. 

I bet Liucci and Jimbo have the same eye for talent.  And that the Liucci 44 will match up with Jimbos board.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I bet Liucci and Jimbo have the same eye for talent.  And that the Liucci 44 will match up with Jimbos board.  

Looch hasn’t even put up his 44 this year because people started tracking his bullshit joke of a ranking and calling him on it 

7 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're very welcome!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cabo.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Favorite cocktail?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Scheduled for Monday.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Appreciate the love!

Quote:

Quote:

I never saw a member of the media or coaching staff gloating about the Bru situation before. I love how he talks about Texas fans acting like asses on social media, then begs aggys to get out in full force and show thier ass on social media. 

15 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I never saw a member of the media or coaching staff gloating about the Bru situation before. I love how he talks about Texas fans acting like asses on social media, then begs aggys to get out in full force and show thier ass on social media. 

Like he has to beg.

Everything known about Bru transferring has to do with Bru and personal issues. There's not been a hint of conflict within the team, no reported conflict with a coach, nor problems with the offense, etc. Contrast that with two 5 star qb's transferring out of the blue from aggy within 2 weeks of each other specifically because their program is a dumpster fire. Loochee and his minions sought to spin that as no big deal, that it was the kids who were the problem, and that Sumlin was still totally awesome. Eat shit Loochee.

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 2