Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz at Looch saying nothing is in-state for good interior DL when Broughton is the #5 DT in the nation.  Outside of Leal, Broughton, Collins, and Umanmielen are better than anything last year.  And I like Sweat's potential.

I’ll have you know, Billy Liucci is watches a lot of tape and for the 20th year in a row aggy signed a better class than us.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I've read this quote ten times and for the life of me, I can't figure out which "two different things" he is talking about.

Thing #1: What's out there.

Thing #2: What's behind the scenes.

Thing #3: What we're doing.

Thing#4: The communication which we have.

I think this is like an aggy version of a Buddhist koan. 

#1  their current commits, and guys with aggy in their top #xx

#2. The "inside" info they give to chin pubes, guys who they are pushing for

#3.  aggy network to line up bags of cash and fed-ex/venmo/trans-am deliveries

#4. Meemaw doing work talking to recruits about their preferred delivery methods

5 hours ago, Wishbone said:

I have somehow missed this interview and can’t find it. Can you direct me to it por favor?

There’s a screen grab in the Texas 2020 recruiting thread. 

Basically Achane lists 8 schools he’s interested in. States he grew up a Texas fan and the offer is significant for him. 

No mention of Aggy. This is hilarious because Aggy believed he was a slam dunk. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Off the top of your head, name one slot receiver that Jimbo has ever coached 

I don't know if Jimbo was his coach and he didn't play slot and his production wasn't great at FSU but Lorenzo Booker was a prototype slot.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I don't know if Jimbo was his coach and he didn't play slot and his production wasn't great at FSU but Lorenzo Booker was a prototype slot.

Listen, I don't know if this guy even qualifies for the question, and I know he didn't play the position that was specified, BUT...

Great contribution, dude. Also, I think it's pretty absurd to say that a guy who played RB in HS, was extremely successful at RB in college, was drafted in the third round of the NFL draft at RB, and had a cup of coffee in the NFL was a slam dunk at <fill in the blank some other position>.  

Mack Brown once thought Vince Young was a prototypical WR. You know, as long as we're just throwing shit against the wall. 

*BTW, Fisher was Booker's OC for one year, the year he got drafted, for whatever that's worth to anyone. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, I don't know if this guy even qualifies for the question, and I know he didn't play the position that was specified, BUT...

Great contribution, dude. Also, I think it's pretty absurd to say that a guy who played RB in HS, was extremely successful at RB in college, was drafted in the third round of the NFL draft at RB, and had a cup of coffee in the NFL was a slam dunk at <fill in the blank some other position>.  

Mack Brown once thought Vince Young was a prototypical WR. You know, as long as we're just throwing shit against the wall. 

*BTW, Fisher was Booker's OC for one year, the year he got drafted, for whatever that's worth to anyone. 

Well, if it is any consolation I was half joking because Fud was pretty much spot on with his question. However, I do believe Booker would have made a great slot. Unfortunately for him, he was always in the wrong type of offense to showcase his skills. And because of the offense he was in, he was somewhat considered a bust. He was a better receiver than running back. He ran a 10.8 in high school and was pretty damn quick. He would have been a great slot.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There’s a screen grab in the Texas 2020 recruiting thread. 

Basically Achane lists 8 schools he’s interested in. States he grew up a Texas fan and the offer is significant for him. 

No mention of Aggy. This is hilarious because Aggy believed he was a slam dunk. 

7rNv.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Off the top of your head, name one slot receiver that Jimbo has ever coached 

Rashad Greene

Jimbo's track record of getting WRs to the NFL isn't great. Not sure how this keeps escaping recruits. 

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Perroni switched his CB on McGowan to OU, and then states later in the thread, the 2020 class for aggy is not going to come close to the 2019 class. He's conceding aggy is looking bad in state.

Do you have a quote of what Perroni actually said? I have trouble believing he would come out and tell his subscribers that A&M's goose is cooked in Texas this cycle.

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Perroni switched his CB on McGowan to OU, and then states later in the thread, the 2020 class for aggy is not going to come close to the 2019 class. He's conceding aggy is looking bad in state.

Guess we'll be seeing a bunch of out of state guys show up from out of nowhere with their hands out.

Just now, HenryJames said:

Guess we'll be seeing a bunch of out of state guys show up from out of nowhere with their hands out.

Grabbing a class full of OOS guys with their hands out will surely not backfire and result in a massive attrition rate...on a team that will already have a massive attrition number the prior year so it could sign said OOS guys with their hands out.

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Looking at A&M's recent classes, they pretty much have to take two RBs. Tre Bradford (Lancaster) + Kyle Edwards (RB2 from Louisiana) would make sense

A&M coming off a season with an 1,800 yard rusher who got drafted and not being able to get in on any of the elite RBs is hilarious. 

I realize Jimbo doesn’t have the first year bump anymore but they had a decent first season (better than Herman’s first year, at least). How is their recruiting falling off this much?  Was Brewster really that important? lol. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

A&M coming off a season with an 1,800 yard rusher who got drafted and not being able to get in on any of the elite RBs is hilarious. 

I realize Jimbo doesn’t have the first year bump anymore but they had a decent first season (better than Herman’s first year, at least). How is their recruiting falling off this much?  Was Brewster really that important? lol. 

According to the rubs, Jimbo is working off his own Top 15, and none of the current industry Top 15 are on that list except for Demas and Jones.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It's funny because it's true.

I’d love to watch Looch sit down and type up a top 44 and then just constantly move down all the names becuase none of them are favoring aggy besides Demas and Jones. 

Introducing Looch’s top 2 and 45-86. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I also wonder how much of the change in profile between the 2019 and 2020 classes plays a role. Very early on, people in the know said that the 2019 in-state class would be filled with mercenaries, questionable character takes, and drama queens. That plays in the A&M's hands, and it's clear that the Texas staff tends to shy away from those recruitments. Even though recruiting is slow so far, there doesn't seem to be much drama so far, save for Evans (whose recruitment was always going to be a circus, through no fault of his own), and Demas (who is unsurprisingly committed to A&M).

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It's a very competitive environment 

47 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Maybe it wasn’t just Brewster, they did lose that chick with the nice rack.  Meemaw is hardly a replacement.