Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

41 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I bet he knows what’s going on at UNC 

I look forward to Burton working in UNC news into his daily insider reports. "I'm told Texas is recruiting (insert random South Carolina recruit) hard, but UNC is a real threat here."

Thanks. That'll be $9.95. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Lobwedgephil Texags has an update on Jordan Jefferson.  Apparently he was on campus this past weekend.  Fingers crossed they keep him.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

3:46p 

Staff

- Went out to Navasota today to speak to long time commit Jordan Jefferson. He visited last weekend, and it was the first time he had gotten to meet Josh Henson face to face. There's been a lot of speculation over Jefferson's commitment because he made his verbal pledge so long ago to Kevin Sumlin and Jim Turner. Obviously, neither of those guys are still at A&M so the direction and evaluation process on the offensive line may change with new coaches. Jefferson has never really wavered in his commitment. It does sound like he will come to camp in a couple of weeks so the staff can really evaluate him and see him in person. The best news is that JJ has grown a little bit since his last visit to campus. I'll have an interview with him up a little later. 

- Expect the announcement later tonight from Manor DE Princely Umanmielen to be a top schools list that the Aggies will be on. 

- Both Jason and I have heard some interesting things on a new in state OL name that visited last weekend. Nate Heidecker is a 6-5, 265 pounder out of The Woodlands College Park. He actually came as a visitor of Josh Bankhead. Now, I'm not saying an offer is immediate or anything, but he did pique enough folks interest that a camp workout should be in order. From talking to some people at CP, A&M has joined some other Power 5 schools in wanting to take a closer look. 

Spoiler

Liucci

In reply to sealyaggies •  10:02a, 5/14/19 

Staff

AG

sealyaggies said:

I am not sure where the "ou is doing so much better than last year" is coming from.

In 2019 they signed 3 five star and 13 four star players and finished ranked 6th. 

They will be in the top 10 year in and year out just like we hope to be.

Agree with this completely. OU isn't going anywhere on the recruiting front and, IMO, they represent a much bigger roadblock on the recruiting front than Texas at this point in time. Nothing the Ags can't and haven't overcome but the Sooners and Lincoln Riley represent greater competition on the recruiting front than does the program we spend much more time mentioning.

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Are recruits really dumb enough that "WE PUT MYLES GARRETT IN THE NFL!" is a real recruiting pitch?

Or do they typically have someone around them to say something like "none of the coaches who were involved in the recruitment and development of Myles Garrett work for Texas A&M anymore"...?

"We use TE like NFL" did not work out great for us.  Probably not gonna work for them, either.