Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

1) They run this state, and the only way we're relevant is if we are beating them on the field

solipsism

the world revolves around Texas A&M, ergo if you are not involved with Texas A&M, you cease to be relevant

you read that and think "well hell, there's no way they actually believe that" but look at how apoplectic they get when we make a move in the polls-- how c'n that be, Texas ain't played nobody, they ain't SEC, now they's ELEVENTH in the AP POLL????

More quotes about how poorly Keke was used under Elko. It's insane that the 4-3 they run is being used (somewhat effectively) to negative recruit against our scheme when it should be the exact opposite. I"m sure Giles will correct this in no time.

Mike Renner of PFF:

The Senior Bowl was made for players like Keke. He’d flashed talent at Texas A&M, but he played a role there that likely wasn’t going to best suit his talents at the NFL level. Over 60 percent of Keke’s snaps last season came outside the tackle. At 288 pounds, he’s far more suited for the 3-technique defensive tackle in the NFL. Rushing from that position at the Senior Bowl, Keke had the highest win rate and grade of any player in the pass-rushing one-on-ones.

Doug Farrar, Touchdown Wire:

The lowest-picked player on this list, Keke lasted until the 12thpick in the fifth round, where the Packers took him as a small part of a massive defensive overhaul that spanned both free agency and the draft. Keke played both tackle and end at Texas A&M, but he projects best at the next level as a one-gap penetrator, something he’ll be able to do in Mike Pettine’s defense. There are only so many spots on Green Bay’s defensive line, but don’t be surprised if Keke gets more reps than expected.

Tarp is right about the winner getting a leg up in regional recruiting. His disconnect is that he either thinks they would win more often than not now, or doesn’t care who wins just wants the chance. 

His readership thinks that not playing is better than losing, but is masking that feeling behind some bullshit reasoning. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Tarp is right about the winner getting a leg up in regional recruiting. His disconnect is that he either thinks they would win more often than not now, or doesn’t care who wins just wants the chance. 

His readership thinks that not playing is better than losing, but is masking that feeling behind some bullshit reasoning. 

Tarp is more reasonable than his subs, but he also despises Texas 1000x more than them or any other A&M writer in the industry. So that combination results in him desperately wanting to play us again, a) because he's cogent enough to see Herman as a long-term recruiting threat and b) 27-25 burns in the back of his mind all these years later and he really, really, really wants to avenge it.

• Like 1

It's amazing. They see themselves on a different level than Texas now, but every comparison they make about their school and AD is too Texas. They are afraid, because they know losing would doom their program to the Mississippi level of competitiveness in the SEC, which is where they are anyway.

furniture salesman?

For all of the shit that they talk about BC, they would absolutely make a geyser of jizz if he ever decided to go to aggy complete with chest thumping about pulling him away from the sips and how they can have anything and anyone they want... except a championship. 

Edited by Vertigo

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

they can't fight two fronts--go heavy and guard against the run or go lighter and more flexible and defend the pass.   Pick your poison so to speak.  The other outlet is dictate what you do best on others.  But Aggie is a follower.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

So much for that

They will be rejected by other big time power 5 ad's. My guess is they land someone like Iowa states AD or end up with a guy like Colorado state's AD. 

No inside info, just a prediction of where the expectations will start and where they end up. 

7 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

They will be rejected by other big time power 5 ad's. My guess is they land someone like Iowa states AD or end up with a guy like Colorado state's AD. 

No inside info, just a prediction of where the expectations will start and where they end up. 

Well, they’ve already gotten Oregon’s AD and Clemson’s AD a raise. They’ll start bragging about that fact soon as well. More moral victories, this time in the moneywhipping department. 

They will get a decent AD, eventually someone will care more about money than their career. I’m sure they are offering a crap ton of money. Of course they are selecting from a smaller pool of current ADs who fully endorse paying players. Hence Oregon and Clemson.  I guess the next schools on the list are Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama

53 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They will get a decent AD, eventually someone will care more about money than their career. I’m sure they are offering a crap ton of money. Of course they are selecting from a smaller pool of current ADs who fully endorse paying players. Hence Oregon and Clemson.  I guess the next schools on the list are Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama

When those crap out, Liberty's AD obviously has no morals, so he's a legit possibility.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

They've adjusted their "thinking" so that the amount they have to pay someone is the crowning glory of their athletic department rather than actual performance.  Their delusions about their wealth also buoy them through these long decades of futility. Finally, that they pay so much fuels their continuing delusions about the natties and dominance to come next year or the year after.

Nobody can stop 'em now! Sleeping giant! Now people will know the actual truth about Aggies and tradition and Aggie goodness, and all will wallow in the international love for A&M that has been so meanly blocked by the phonies in Austin!

It's like they put this guy in charge.

h3D286F15

• Like 1

23 hours ago, texifornia said:

So much for that

I bag on muff chin a lot but I'll give this to him - once this name came out and aggy were on the precipice of filling jars, he told everyone to hold their horses and that he was one of many names for AD. Basically saying, it ain't happening.

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You'd think Greg Byrne would be their first call, but he probably already told Aggy no in private. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

aggy has already shown that they value Dumbo way more than the AD.  If anything goes wrong (what could possibly go wrong?), guess who will be the fall guy?

The replacement will get way overpaid or will be a G5 guy getting a big raise to step into that crappy situation.  JMO.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

You'd think Greg Byrne would be their first call, but he probably already told Aggy no in private. 

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any mention of him. He’s as aggy as they come. Didn’t he try to get the Arizona fans to start the tradition of saw ‘em off while he was AD there?

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

I bag on muff chin a lot but I'll give this to him - once this name came out and aggy were on the precipice of filling jars, he told everyone to hold their horses and that he was one of many names for AD. Basically saying, it ain't happening.

Chin pubes also told them it would only take a week or two tops to hire a new AD. He also told them there would be no interim AD. No Perrin, as he put it. 

Edited by Bear19

12 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any mention of him. He’s as aggy as they come. Didn’t he try to get the Arizona fans to start the tradition of saw ‘em off while he was AD there?

Yeah, there's a lot of family connections between the Byrnes and Aggy. Bill is still a "Special Advisor" to the Aggy President, and he was the AD when they left the Big 12. You'd think Greg to Aggy would be a slam dunk, but he's denied any contact with Aggy and obviously Aggy has been targeting other candidates. 

Strange things are afoot in Aggyland. Greg Byrne wants nothing to do with them, and Jimbo/staff have been extremely late on their in state offers. See Haynes King and Kitan Crawford. I'm long past accurately predicting what they'll do. You can't reason with insanity. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah, there's a lot of family connections between the Byrnes and Aggy. Bill is still a "Special Advisor" to the Aggy President, and he was the AD when they left the Big 12. You'd think Greg to Aggy would be a slam dunk, but he's denied any contact with Aggy and obviously Aggy has been targeting other candidates. 

Strange things are afoot in Aggyland. Greg Byrne wants nothing to do with them, and Jimbo/staff have been extremely late on their in state offers. See Haynes King and Kitan Crawford. I'm long past accurately predicting what they'll do. You can't reason with insanity. 

What are the chances that jimbo has pulled a straight up coup on the athletic department?

Don't they need to hire a President too? Why would an AD take a job without knowing who their boss will be? Seems like they're leaving it too transparent that Sharp will be the actual boss, and no self respecting man wants a clown like Sharp for a boss.

Edited by Chopper

Just now, Chopper said:

Don't they need to hire a President too? Why would an AD take a job without knowing who their boss will be? Seems like they're leaving it too transparent that Sharp will be the actual boss, and no self respecting man wants a clown like Sharp for a boss.

I think they'll promote internally for both. If Aggy will cook the books with "recurring donations" just to be the Forbes' wealthiest athletic program, they won't take another public relations L. 

What's hilarious is that many GigEm247/TexAgs posters don't like Sharp because he's a Democrat. The guy was in the Corps, routinely steals/embezzles/commits fraud for Aggy, orchestrated the SEC Move, and he has turned their university into a diploma mill to flood the state with alumni. What else does Sharp need to do to get them to love him? 

10 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

LMAO ATM might have just lost control of their own athletic department to sociopathic Mack Brown.

Jimbo's complaints at FSU were borderline bizarre. They built him a new practice field/locker rooms, but declined to build a football only training facility. They opted instead for an all sports training facility. Still brand new and state of the art. So when Clemson waxed the Seminoles, Jimbo cited the lack of a football only training facility as an excuse. Uh why? The softball team was using your weights when your team wasn't using them? 

JImbo held FSU hostage for multiple offseasons over this issue. Aggy knew this and hired him anyway. Because current national championship winning coach.

When people say Jimbo is colorful or a character, what they really mean to say, he's crazy AF. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2