Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But you've got a think he has a better shot at staving off the pitchforks for an "unexpected speedbump" in year 3 while the goal is to "build a real championship roster, which takes time." Trying that in year 4 or 5...less so. Then again, I'm just spitballin'.

That's certainly the smart play. But you're giving him an awful lot of credit for not being as dumb as he is sleazy. Either way, popcorn.

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That's certainly the smart play. But you're giving him an awful lot of credit for not being as dumb as he is sleazy. Either way, popcorn.

On your way out of town, you should take your realtor’s for sale sign over to jimbo’s yard. Plant that seed early. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Haynes-King-Tennessee-Auburn-Texas-AM-Baylor-Duke-Arkansas-potential-visits-132199144/

LONGVIEW, Texas -- With only one loss in two seasons as the starting quarterback at Longview (Texas) High School, 2020 four-star quarterback Haynes King has solidified himself as a proven winner thanks to his 26-1 record as a starter and Class 6A Division II state title win this past fall.

With that winning has come plenty of recruiting attention. The 6-foot-2 1/2, 185-pound King, an athletic QB with impressive verified testing numbers in a combine setting, owns an offer list that includes almost 30 schools at this point in his recruitment. King has not yet taken any official visits, but that will likely change soon.

While the East Texas standout does not yet know exactly when and where he will visit -- and what the mix of official and unofficial visits will be -- King provided a list of schools that could be visit destinations in the coming weeks.

"I'd say Arkansas, Baylor, Tennessee, Auburn, Duke, and Texas A&M are some schools that kind of interest me on that," said King, who will confer with his father and head coach John King about his visit schedule. "We've talked about it a little bit, and I don't know exactly if it's going to be every weekend in June, but it is going to be most weekends, and I believe we're going to try to get some of those schools out of the way to try to narrow this thing down and get it done before the season."

While King hopes to still make a hand full of visits before making a decision, he said he wants to come to a decision sooner rather than later.

"I guess me and my dad talked about it, probably before I go to that Elite 11 (Finals) the June 28-30 weekend," said King, referring to the national event in Frisco, Texas.

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite rates King as a strong four-star prospect who is ranked No. 108 overall in the 2020 class. He ranks No. 4 nationally among 2020 dual-threat quarterbacks and No. 14 overall in Texas for his class. However, King is ranked much higher on the Top247 rankings: No. 31 overall nationally, No. 2 in the country among 2020 dual-threat QB's, and No. 5 overall in the Lone Star State.

All of the aforementioned schools have offered King, who owns more than two dozen offers. Programs such as LSU, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri, Ole Miss, Oregon, Purdue, TCU, UCLA, Virginia Tech, Kansas, Illinois, Houston, Louisiana Tech, and North Texas have also offered King. 

King is a three-sport athlete at Longview High, where he competes in football, basketball, and track and field. At The Opening Dallas regional camp, King ran a verified 4.50-second 40 and 4.08-second shuttle. King runs the 400 meters and the 4x400 relay, and he won the District 11-6A title in the discus in April.

Leading Longview to a 16-0 record in 2018, King finished his junior campaign with 3,877 passing yards, 42 touchdown throws, and only four interceptions, while rushing for 664 yards and eight TD's on 8.6 yards per carry. King has maintained that wants to find a college home that will develop him as a quarterback. Is it fair to say that is among the top priorities in his recruitment?

"I'd say so. Have a chance to play at the highest level," King said. "Play fast and develop me as a quarterback and a person in that school and that offense."

Media attention has come with the state championship, all the stats, and all the offers. King remains as cooperative as his busy academics and athletics schedule have allowed, but he's admittedly gotten fatigued by the phone calls and interview requests.

"A little bit. I am (tired of the attention)," King said. "It's definitely picked up since spring came and all the coaches have come out."

Nevertheless, King and the Lobos are anxious to kick off the 2019 football season. After delivering the program's first state championship in 81 years, King said he and his teammates are not satisfied.

"We still have a goal this fall," King said, "and we're going to set out to get that goal."

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I actually think there's some pretty sound reasoning to Jimbo's roster culling here. He's taken a look at his roster. It's the lunatic masses who are circling 20/20 based on the schedule alone and saying "This is the year we make a run for it all." Hell, I'm sure Botinator can pull up 4 quotes or more where Fisher has said 2020. But if he doesn't think he has the roster, he might as well bulldoze that shit anyway and take the chance to reel in more talent. And he can get away with that shit in year 3 a lot easier than he could in year 4 or 5 of more 8-9 win seasons. It's big game poker, but that guy will be able to flash his ring and calm most of the sheep. 

Now that being said, if he has two Meh years and then a really down year in 2020, that's certainly going to stall the type of player you get. Then again, maybe by then Saban has retired, or Fisher is just full out OreClemsoning players with potato sacks full of money. But you've got a think he has a better shot at staving off the pitchforks for an "unexpected speedbump" in year 3 while the goal is to "build a real championship roster, which takes time." Trying that in year 4 or 5...less so. Then again, I'm just spitballin'.

I agree with the idea in general here, but the abnormally high amount of attrition and the amount of those that will need to be potential upperclassmen will be a big hit to the team's experience, if he wants to get the 2020 class numbers that high, that I think it'll really damage the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Also, going with another big class in 2020 will keep the 2021 class down with the 25 man counter rule, rather than the 85 fall camp rule that's keeping the 2020 class down. 

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

A 2% is giving himself up to the flames

I wouldn't classify XTerminator a 2%. I think he's just a Sumlin holdover. May also be on the "not cheating enough like tu" train like the nw houston insurance salesman.

1 minute ago, Fud said:
54 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I actually think there's some pretty sound reasoning to Jimbo's roster culling here. He's taken a look at his roster. It's the lunatic masses who are circling 20/20 based on the schedule alone and saying "This is the year we make a run for it all." Hell, I'm sure Botinator can pull up 4 quotes or more where Fisher has said 2020. But if he doesn't think he has the roster, he might as well bulldoze that shit anyway and take the chance to reel in more talent. And he can get away with that shit in year 3 a lot easier than he could in year 4 or 5 of more 8-9 win seasons. It's big game poker, but that guy will be able to flash his ring and calm most of the sheep. 

Now that being said, if he has two Meh years and then a really down year in 2020, that's certainly going to stall the type of player you get. Then again, maybe by then Saban has retired, or Fisher is just full out OreClemsoning players with potato sacks full of money. But you've got a think he has a better shot at staving off the pitchforks for an "unexpected speedbump" in year 3 while the goal is to "build a real championship roster, which takes time." Trying that in year 4 or 5...less so. Then again, I'm just spitballin'.

Read more  

I agree with the idea in general here, but the abnormally high amount of attrition and the amount of those that will need to be potential upperclassmen will be a big hit to the team's experience, if he wants to get the 2020 class numbers that high, that I think it'll really damage the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Also, going with another big class in 2020 will keep the 2021 class down with the 25 man counter rule, rather than the 85 fall camp rule that's keeping the 2020 class down.  

I agree with Syndey in a vacuum.  But I think CTJ's prior point about cultural problems rearing their head are exacerbated and expedited when you have a coach who cuts almost 20% of a roster after year three on the job. 

There's also the reality that, if a fifth of the roster is scrapped and 2020 is considered sunk almost a tanking year, assistants will realize that their heads are likely to roll at the end of the year (someone is going to have to be a scapegoat) and/or guys like Elko's market value is going to be tarnished.  So not only are you going to churn a ton of roster, but you're probably going to churn a lot of coaching staff, too.  That, in turn, leads to additional attrition and culture problems.  And Jimbo has already shown a penchant for keeping underachieving coaches when his better staff members leave for greener pastures.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

A list like that, his choice seems pretty clear to me:

Auburn, if he thinks he might have a shot at competing for something meaningful, otherwise Duke, for a degree that counts for something.

He would tear it up at Duke, probably be able to get them to a conference championship game or 2, and still be a highly draftable QB playing for Cutcliffe, while also getting a very good degree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

He would tear it up at Duke, probably be able to get them to a conference championship game or 2, and still be a highly draftable QB playing for Cutcliffe, while also getting a very good degree.

Is Cutcliffe really going to stick around for five more years?

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

How convenient.

Maybe the most mercenary coordinator in college football today.  He's definitely not going to be sitting around waiting for Jimbo to rebuild a roster--especially if his D is good again this year.

Yeah, I mean that is what is I meant by big game poker. But I hadn't even considered the culture issues, that's an outstanding point. And this guy isn't necessarily taking high character guys. And of course, how much of the shine wear off to recruits if he keeps putting up middling efforts? Honestly, I think Elko is gone after this year. I think he was gone anyway, but honestly being one of the 2 million dollar men at this point has to be like a Bat Signal to some east coast college. When is Rutgers due to fire their next guy? Gotta think Chris Ash is out with another 1-3 win season, right?

Perhaps the real question is...how big is Jimbo's Ego? Does he really think he and his micropeen are the best ever to get dunked on my his own players, and wants another natty? Or is it a facade and he just trying to get paid. Because if he's trying to get paid, I mean, he could start tanking almost immediately and get his full buyout if he gets fired for posting back to back 5 win years in 2020 and 2021, right? Good god, how amazing would that be?

"Lets talk a negotiated, generous buyout, Jimbo. This isn't working out."
"Fuck you, pay me."

So probably he thinks he is the best ever and wants to prove it. 

I wish fucking Joe Moorehead would get on him. Their QB room is tissue paper thin, even after they got the Penn St. transfer. Shit, even Florida. If we're going to have to deal with the open borders and SEC raiding of Texas, it needs to come back and bite them in the ass even more than it already has...none of this flipping Bobby Brown and Vernon Jackson shit. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I mean that is what is I meant by big game poker. But I hadn't even considered the culture issues, that's an outstanding point. And this guy isn't necessarily taking high character guys. And of course, how much of the shine wear off to recruits if he keeps putting up middling efforts? Honestly, I think Elko is gone after this year. I think he was gone anyway, but honestly being one of the 2 million dollar men at this point has to be like a Bat Signal to some east coast college. When is Rutgers due to fire their next guy? Gotta think Chris Ash is out with another 1-3 win season, right? 

Perhaps the real question is...how big is Jimbo's Ego? Does he really think he and his micropeen are the best ever to get dunked on my his own players, and wants another natty? Or is it a facade and he just trying to get paid. Because if he's trying to get paid, I mean, he could start tanking almost immediately and get his full buyout if he gets fired for posting back to back 5 win years in 2020 and 2021, right? Good god, how amazing would that be?

"Lets talk a negotiated, generous buyout, Jimbo. This isn't working out."
"Fuck you, pay me."

So probably he thinks he is the best ever and wants to prove it.  

Elko might even fall into a pretty good situation at BC. They're getting really sick of 7 win seasons and lost a lot in the draft.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Elko might even fall into a pretty good situation at BC. They're getting really sick of 7 win seasons and lost a lot in the draft.

He was in Wake Forest for a hot minute.  Wonder if he would consider taking over if Clawson is let go at the end of this year?

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wish fucking Joe Moorehead would get on him. Their QB room is tissue paper thin, even after they got the Penn St. transfer. Shit, even Florida. If we're going to have to deal with the open borders and SEC raiding of Texas, it needs to come back and bite them in the ass even more than it already has...none of this flipping Bobby Brown and Vernon Jackson shit. 

I thought Moorhead would succeed there at first, but something about that program just feels off. 

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Because they could take a step back at any time after being exceedingly mediocre for the past three years (even recognizing that being mediocre at WF is exemplary).

Having spent an embarrassing amount of time on Wake forums this year due to the Shaka saga, I can tell you that Wake fans are exceedingly happy with Clawson and he isn't going anywhere. He just signed a new deal less than a month ago. They are marshalling all of their hatred and resources towards their basketball coach (sound familiar)?

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-wake-forest-coach-dave-clawson-agrees-to-new-eightyear-deal-134222497.html

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Having spent an embarrassing amount of time on Wake forums this year due to the Shaka saga, I can tell you that Wake fans are exceedingly happy with Clawson and he isn't going anywhere. He just signed a new deal less than a month ago. They are marshalling all of their hatred and resources towards their basketball coach (sound familiar)?

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-wake-forest-coach-dave-clawson-agrees-to-new-eightyear-deal-134222497.html

Wow.  An eight year extension for regular seasons with 3, 3, 6, 7, and 6 wins...

13 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Because they could take a step back at any time after being exceedingly mediocre for the past three years (even recognizing that being mediocre at WF is exemplary).

Careful there. This is a Wake Forest team that, in recently memory, defeated the mighty Texas A&M in a bowl game. Ask anyone at aTm, and they'll tell you they are everyone's superbowl, and they get up for every game like good Fightin' Texas Aggies. No one, and I mean no one, lets go of that kind of cache without a fight. 

It still gets me going that before the sugar bowl, they were all giddy about watching Georgia stomp us. This is after the playoff and bowl pairings were announced, obviously, and Georgia missing the playoffs and pouting was out there but apparently not a consideration. 

Actually, the Georgia coach and players to a man were giving quotes about showing the committee why they should have been in. 

After the game, and now over 5 months after, they are still talking about Texas beating a down Georgia, it was a fluke, etc. Georgia was really very good all year when they could beat most sec teams and almost beat bama, they just had a sad that day and Baker didn’t play.

then out of the other side of their mouths, they say they’ll win in Athens this season because Georgia must not be great if Texas can beat them. 

They cant even keep their bullshit straight, they have to have contradictory delusions in order to function. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It still gets me going that before the sugar bowl, they were all giddy about watching Georgia stomp us. This is after the playoff and bowl pairings were announced, obviously, and Georgia missing the playoffs and pouting was out there but apparently not a consideration. 

Actually, the Georgia coach and players to a man were giving quotes about showing the committee why they should have been in. 

After the game, and now over 5 months after, they are still talking about Texas beating a down Georgia, it was a fluke, etc. Georgia was really very good all year when they could beat most sec teams and almost beat bama, they just had a sad that day and Baker didn’t play.

then out of the other side of their mouths, they say they’ll win in Athens this season because Georgia must not be great if Texas can beat them. 

They cant even keep their bullshit straight, they have to have contradictory delusions in order to function. 

Who the fuck cares

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I forgot to mention this - there is a ton of reticence about Fisher from the King side. There's strong logic for King going to ATM in this cycle, and that might well prevail. That considered, any solid school that shows a true interest in the player will be a threat. They flat don't like Fisher and his style.

Not to mention King hasn't even visited aggy yet.

6 hours ago, Fud said:

Their numbers somewhat depend on what happens with Mowry and Ellison. 

Sayles had an article/interview with Mowery a day or 2 ago stating he'll arrive in December.

Perroni had an update on Ellison the other day as well that had a bunch of upvotes.

Looks like both will eventually arrive.

Just now, Katfid54 said:

Not extending his contract may have been the one smart thing our athletic administration did from 2014 to 2016.

It’s a minor miracle Perrin didn’t extend Strong for 8 more years after we beat ND in 2016.

Actually, I’m gonna improve my joke above.

What part of $75M guaranteed don’t you understand? There is no “getting away with” or “staving off the pitchforks”...He has aggy and their collective fake army by the balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yeah. If I'm Jimbo, I'm doing everything I can to get fired. Get paid and get out of that shithole in one fell swoop.

If ATM were to have a national title winning coach fail to the level of being fired and paid out early on his fully guaranteed contract, does that make that job more or less attractive to other coaches in the future?

10 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's been relatively quiet since February, but things are about to really pick up on the recruiting front for Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies. With the spring evaluation period in full swing and summer camp season just two weeks away, fans can expect to see the Maroon & White recruiting machine crank up and begin churning out 2020 commits. No better time than now to scattershoot, recruiting style.

1. I went back and did the research and was pretty surprised at the lack of high-end quarterback prospects the state of Texas has produced in recent seasons. The top three (and we realize it's all subjective) quarterback prospects in each of the last five classes look like this:

• 2019: Grant Gunnell (Arizona), Roschon Johnson (Texas), Jacob Zeno (Baylor)
  • 2018: Spencer Sanders (Oklahoma State), Tanner Mordecai (OU), Matthew Baldwin (a surprising offer from Ohio State – he's already left Columbus with zero chance to see the field and found his way to TCU)
  • 2017: Sam Ehlinger (Texas), Shawn Robinson (TCU, already left the program), Chris Robison (OU, already left the program)
  • 2016: Jalen Hurts (Alabama), Shane Buechelle (Texas), Dillon Sterling-Cole (ASU)

That leaves 2020, where Haynes King‍ (pictured above) of Longview has emerged as THE guy that Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey would love to add as the signal-caller in this year's class. The other two most highly-regarded class of ‘20 QBs are Texas Longhorn pledge and Lake Travis gunslinger Hudson Card‍ and recent North Carolina commit and gifted dual-threat project Malik Hornsby‍. I've watched quite a bit of tape and have asked around about Haynes King a lot over the past few weeks, and he's a guy that Howell, Brauny and I all have been very high on dating back to last December when he was guiding Longview to the 6A state title.

Justin Schoenemann

QB Haynes King led Longview to a 6A state title as a junior.

King is a head coach's son, he's as fast as anyone on the Longview roster, and it's very clear he understands and sees the game in such a way that many do not. He's a leader, a winner and a gamer. King also has a very good arm, is deadly accurate and knows where to go with the football, as evidenced by his 45-4 touchdown to interception ratio as a junior.

Since Kyler Murray and Jarrett Stidham both came out in 2015, the state hasn't produced very many can't miss prospects, and only a couple have enjoyed truly noteworthy success at the college level. I won't say King is the best I've seen in five years, but I do believe he's probably the best in-state QB Jimbo has evaluated since arriving at A&M with a month left in the 2018 cycle.

The Ags are in good shape with their top in-state target as the spring evaluation period winds down, and I feel good about their chances to be the last team standing when King makes his eventual choice. He'd be a big get.

Getting back to Texas quarterback talent before moving on: There is good news on the horizon, as the Aggies have already offered Denton Guyer's Eli Stowers‍, Dallas Parish Episcopal's Preston Stone‍, and most recently, Katy Tompkins dual-threat Jalen Milroe‍. The position is pretty loaded next year, breaking a surprising run of mediocrity from a state that has produced four Heisman Trophy winners since 2011, boasts two active Super Bowl MVPs, the 2018 NFL MVP and has churned out three active No. 1 overall picks.

2. There was a time very early in this cycle that I was beginning to wonder if the state would produce much of anything in the way of SEC-caliber tight end prospects, and I'm sure college coaches in the region wondered the same. That's no longer the case, as there are no fewer than five such players to be found in Texas in 2020.

The list includes three guys the Ags are likely to make a hard push for under first-year assistant Joe Jon Finley in Gruver's Jalin Conyers‍, recent offer Blake Smith‍ of Southlake Carroll and Mesquite Poteet rapid-riser Tristan Golightly‍. As of today, I'm loving the possibility of 6-5, 245-pounder Blake Smith ending up in Maroon & White. He's a big ole dude who catches anything in his vicinity and would make a tremendous complimentary piece to go along with Baylor Cupp and Jalen Wydermyer. Think of him as the Trevor Wood to Jace Sternberger, only coming in as a true freshman instead of a grad transfer senior. Keep an eye on Golightly – the 6-5, 215-pounder has some Wydermyer in him in terms of being a very long and athletic playmaker in the passing game. He holds an LSU offer already, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see the Aggies join the mix in relatively short order.

Other in-state TEs garnering regional and national attention who didn't see much recruiting interest from the Maroon & White include Michigan commit Nick Patterson‍, Iowa pledge Elijah Yelverton‍, Crockett big man Allen Horace‍ (Arkansas) and Brandon Frazier‍, who has begun to pull in some pretty impressive offers (including Bama) at McKinney North.

Lia Musgrave, TexAgs

New A&M OL coach Josh Henson looks poised to make some key additions up front.

3. Things are beginning to heat up in the trenches for new assistant Josh Henson, as the Ags appear poised to make some things happen along the offensive line. Athens tackle Garrett Hayes‍, a high-priority target, will be in town on Thursday as the Ags continue to attempt to forge their way in front of Arkansas and OU. The Ags are still sitting in good shape with Memphis manchild Chris Morris‍, who could fall A&M's way at any time or wait things out a little deeper into the summer. Henson and the Aggie staff are also hard at work on a couple of targets committed elsewhere, most notably Razorback pledge Ty'Kieast Crawford‍ and Georgia commit/one-time A&M pledge Akinola Ogunbiyi‍. Recent OU pledge Nathan Anderson‍‍ of Frisco Reedy hasn't picked up an Aggie offer, but if the Maroon & White were to make that move in short order, I'm willing to bet they would have a shot to get right back into that one as well. 

4. Keep an eye on things at linebacker over the next month or so. The Ags are playing the long game here, as Mike Elko, Bradley Dale Peveto and the A&M staff are shopping primarily out of state, and the ongoing effort spans coast to coast. As of today, the prospect I feel best about is Missouri standout Antonio Doyle Jr.‍ (OU might be the primary competition here), but the Aggies also continue to have reason for optimism with Utah big man Noah Sewell‍ and California four-star Kourt Williams II‍. A&M is also still very much in the hunt with Alabama commit and Muscle Shoals native Jackson Bratton‍, and even five-star Seattle product Sav'ell Smalls‍ continues to give the Ags a strong enough look that an official visit is very possible. My guess is that the Ags are also certain to turn up multiple candidates in the Southeast, from Georgia to Tennessee to Florida, same as last year. As for me? I'd like to see the Aggies eventually make a push for LSU pledge Josh White‍, but the Ags haven't offered or engaged the Houston-area LB to this point, and it's not a sure thing that they'll do so. 

5. If you're wondering about the secondary, it's still a little too wide open to try and project. Jaylon Jones‍ gives the Ags the state's best prospect at corner, but beyond that it's really anyone's guess at this point. The Aggies are still in good shape for East St. Louis safety Antonio Johnson‍, who will visit in June, and with a continued push, should be able to close out Blinn corner Marco Domio‍. The Aggies aren't going to stop recruiting OU commit Ryan Watts‍ of Little Elm (he plans to take an official visit to A&M), and I'm of the belief that they'll ultimately factor in heavily with Houston-area safety Xavion Alford‍ of Shadow Creek, Kitan Crawford‍ of John Tyler and Aldine MacArthur's Josh Eaton‍. Kentucky safety Vito Tisdale‍ is still a legitimate out of state option, but I'm not sure the Ags really have much of a shot with Major Burns‍ anymore. Perhaps letting him stay in Baton Rouge or find his way to Norman might be the best play here with so many options still on the table but only one commit on the board.

6. Here's my current 'hot list' in terms of what is trending in A&M's favor:

The guys I feel best about eventually becoming Aggies as we near the end of the spring evaluation period? 

Prospects who I'd rate the Ags' chances as 'good to very good' with?

Justin Schoenemann

Devon Achane’s elite speed would give the Aggies a new dimension on offense.

7. I still want to see the Ags land FB Marshall speedster Devon Achane‍ almost as much as any offensive weapon in this class. Are there more polished and complete prospects to be found in 2020? Sure. There are also guys we at TexAgs and every other service will have rated higher on their respective lists. However, when you're talking about what the Aggies need on offense and what Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey could do with a player possessing the raw, unadulterated speed that Achane possesses, there might not be more of an instant-impact prospect in Texas for the Ags in 2020 outside of Demond Demas‍ or Zach Evans‍. Again, he brings something to the A&M roster that the Aggies don't currently have, and he has the type of speed that will leave even SEC defenders in his wake.

8. Speaking of Achane, the Ags' skill-position haul could end up being pretty salty. Haynes King‍ at QB, Demond Demas‍ and Muhsin Muhammad III‍ at receiver plus Devin Price‍ and perhaps even Troy Omeire‍ at receiver plus Devon Achane‍ and either Seth McGowan‍, Sam Adams‍ or Zach Evans‍ at tailback? Such a group would rank among the better hauls in the SEC and feature true star power at receiver and in the backfield.

The running back spot is currently where things still seem a long way off in terms of any of the primary targets leaning hard A&M's way. However, if there's one guy on Jimbo Fisher's A&M staff you'd be wise not to underestimate, it's Jay Graham. 'The Silent Assassin' as Scott Woodward used to call him, Graham is an ace recruiter who is going to find and develop big-time backfield talent (something we've already seen in less than a year-and-a-half on campus). Frankly, I'd be surprised if the Ags did NOT land one of the three aforementioned runners, and he might do that plus sneak in someone like Lancaster's Tre Bradford‍ – a Howell favorite and a fast-rising prospect whose stock is set to blow up and who the Aggies are likely to begin showing increased interest in moving forward.

9. I'd call the interior d-line a quiet concern for the Ags, as there is next to nothing in-state the way of SEC West talent and the truly elite around the country typically rank among the most hotly-contested recruiting battles from coast to coast. Two things: One, that's what makes landing New Jersey standout and 320-pound load Isaiah Raikes‍ such a big deal (he recently named A&M, Penn State, Oregon, Northwestern, Duke and Temple as his final six). Two, this is where having one of the nation's most productive, persistent and diligent recruiters in place as your DT coach will pay off. Given time, Elijah Robinson is going to scour the country and give Mike Elko options, just like he did in teaming up with Terry Price to get Fadil Diggs‍ into the fold. Still, the fact remains that as of today, there aren't a lot of options out there for the Ags on the defensive interior.

10. Brauny saw these guys last week and came away very impressed with both Princely Umanmielen‍ of Manor and Cedar Creek DE Alfred Collins‍. It's clear the Aggies feel the same, as it's apparent to me that those two have emerged as highest-priority targets along the defensive front. If I had to go off just what I'm seeing and hearing, I'd say the Ags would be my ever so slight pick for Princely with Texas having the slighest of edges for Collins. If Terry Price, Elijah Robinson and Mike Elko can somehow manage to land both CenTex standouts plus Fadil Diggs‍ and Isaiah Raikes‍ then we're talking about a legitimate SEC West haul up front for the second straight cycle...not to mention the fact that you're going to see a couple of targets emerge out of Florida as the Aggie coaches continue their spring tour this week and next.

Lulz at Looch saying nothing is in-state for good interior DL when Broughton is the #5 DT in the nation.  Outside of Leal, Broughton, Collins, and Umanmielen are better than anything last year.  And I like Sweat's potential.

21 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

If aggy gets desperate enough, I could see them Hance/Leaching ol’ Jimbo out of some of that money. If otherwise harmless West Texans will do it, aggy is certainly capable.

They’ll just have Clemenza or Toonces show up one night when he calls for an uber driver from the bar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Who the fuck cares

aggy.....WAYYYYYYYYY more than UGA......UGA knows that they got their asses kicked and acknowledges as such...the only group in denial is in College Station

40 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

If aggy gets desperate enough, I could see them Hance/Leaching ol’ Jimbo out of some of that money. If otherwise harmless West Texans will do it, aggy is certainly capable.

there will be a manufactured "fired for cause 'secret recruiting newsletter' bullshit that will surface"

they got this. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If ATM were to have a national title winning coach fail to the level of being fired and paid out early on his fully guaranteed contract, does that make that job more or less attractive to other coaches in the future?

How could it possibly be less attractive for anyone not looking to fleece some hillbillies?