Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

25 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

.c50644eeba0bcc7dd9bd7756c988bc04.jpg

So just to be perfectly clear...didn't Achane release a top 8 like yesterday that did not include aTm? Am I remembering this correctly, or was that someone else?

Yesterday Achane gives a top 8 that doesn't include aTm. Today, allegedly, Perroni speaks to him and he gives a top 5 with aTm squarely in the mix. 

Do we think it's gotten to the point where, particularly if a recruit doesn't like the process and isn't likely to see anything online to contradict him, that Perroni just makes shit up out of thin air to satisfy his fanbase? "No man, I spoke to Achane, and he said aTm was definitely in his top 5 despite not making into the top 8 he himself released to the public yesterday. No, I really did speak to him, I swear. Don't worry guys, aTm will be in it for Achane till the very end."

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

So just to be perfectly clear...didn't Achane release a top 8 like yesterday that did not include aTm? Am I remembering this correctly, or was that someone else?

Yesterday Achane gives a top 8 that doesn't include aTm. Today, allegedly, Perroni speaks to him and he gives a top 5 with aTm squarely in the mix. 

Do we think it's gotten to the point where, particularly if a recruit doesn't like the process and isn't likely to see anything online to contradict him, that Perroni just makes shit up out of thin air to satisfy his fanbase? "No man, I spoke to Achane, and he said aTm was definitely in his top 5 despite not making into the top 8 he himself released to the public yesterday. No, I really did speak to him, I swear. Don't worry guys, aTm will be in it for Achane till the very end."

I think it's pretty clear that Achane hasn't been putting much thought into the recruiting process until recently.

Just now, Machinator said:

I think it's pretty clear that Achane hasn't been putting much thought into the recruiting process until recently.

Yeah. I think that's obvious to anyone who frequents this board or follows this shit. But you have to admit, if the kid is literally just nodding his head at what reporters say because he's overwhelmed and new to it, it's pretty fucking scumtastic for a reporter to contact the kid, get him to nod yes to aTm being a top school, just so he can appease his fanbase and continue spinning plates. The kid released a top 8 yesterday, and today Perroni hunts him down just so he can fabricate a new list that includes aTm just to make his own life easier. 

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jimbo will break the North Shore hex because he recruited it well at LSU, plus a great "Jimbo hand picked his coaches" comment that could be from an aggy text generator

Candidates begging for the job.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I'm sure people were lining up right and left to work for a guy that is considered a complete prick in coaching circles. Saban is a prick too but he gets results. Fisher's only results are leaving behind a train wreck at FSU.

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was more of a "now that track season is over, here are eight schools I'm looking at visiting soon"

Since he's already been to A&M several times, he's probably looking forward to seeing other schools soon

Achane told a reporter a top five, it wasn't like it was something he released on twitter, and said that he's OVing to two schools soon who aren't even in that top five, and wants to visit other schools per his interview yesterday that aren't any of the afore mentioned seven

Dudes just starting his process 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Achane told a reporter a top five, it wasn't like it was something he released on twitter, and said that he's OVing to two schools soon who aren't even in that top five, and wants to visit other schools per his interview yesterday that aren't any of the afore mentioned seven

Dudes just starting his process 

You're probably right. But I choose to also believe Perroni is held hostage by the bi-polar nature of his subscriber base and will Taylor Hamm put words in a recruits mouth, as well. These things dont have to be mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're probably right. But I choose to also believe Perroni is held hostage by the bi-polar nature of his subscriber base and will Taylor Hamm put words in a recruits mouth, as well. These things dont have to be mutually exclusive. 

I don't think Perroni would outright lie. He has and will continue to downplay any failures and play up A&M's chances in recruitments they have no shot in, but if Achane told Perroni A&M is in his top 5, I believe that.

Now, how much does a verbal "top 5" mean at this point for a guy who has barely spent any time on the recruiting process? Not too much.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think what happened was he had his first recruiting interview in months and just listed off a bunch of schools he wants to visit, and then Perrino called the next day to make sure he's still interested in A&M, and if A&M would be in his top five (they obviously are, he's visited there a bunch, and I'm not sure if he's even visited anywhere else)

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The "Fisher has an extra special top 25" comments that launched Tarp's truthbomb. Also lolling at aggy saying being spurned for OU shows a kid doesn't care about education, like that wasn't extremely clear when he ditched Stanford.

“Jimbo’s top 25” is fucking hilarious. I’m sure it includes only aggy commits or uncommitted kids—until, of course, those uncommitted kids commit elsewhere...

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't think Perroni would outright lie. He has and will continue to downplay any failures and play up A&M's chances in recruitments they have no shot in, but if Achane told Perroni A&M is in his top 5, I believe that.

Now, how much does a verbal "top 5" mean at this point for a guy who has barely spent any time on the recruiting process? Not too much.

Let's be clear, Perroni is a proven liar. Go back and review the things he's written over time that have then been almost immediately contradicted by a recruit committing or decommitting, etc. He's almost a bizarro world weather vane wherein once he confirms something, the opposite occurs. 

Taking things one step further, I've told a Casey Hampton story on the Internet since the early days of my posting, which was on GoBig12 and then Hornfans. I won't repeat the story here in totality, but the gist is that Hampton took the center on our team and threw him at the QB on one snap in the middle of the game, causing a sack and fumble. GBall routed us that season 69-14. I have been asked about it every now and then over the years, and I'll write the story. I did so on 247 at one point when Perroni was covering the UT boards for them. Fast forward a few years, this fuckface has appropriated the story and transposed it as it happening against Clear Lake while Perroni was there or viewing it. So I call him on it on Twitter. Rather than simply say "oh, perhaps, I might be misrembering", he doubled down on his plagiarism with the take that it must have happened in multiple games. Uh, no, shitbag, you stole the story and used it to entertain on your own boards, and you thought you could get away with it. It's Internet content theft 101. 

There are no small corruptions. Only corruption. Brian Perroni doesn't deserve anyone's benefit of the doubt. He's a liar with zero integrity and he actively recruits for ATM when he's talking to players. You guys give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not funny or obnoxious the way some of the other aggie writers are. He's nonetheless a piece of human shit. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let's be clear, Perroni is a proven liar. Go back and review the things he's written over time that have then been almost immediately contradicted by a recruit committing or decommitting, etc. He's almost a bizarro world weather vane wherein once he confirms something, the opposite occurs. 

Taking things one step further, I've told a Casey Hampton story on the Internet since the early days of my posting, which was on GoBig12 and then Hornfans. I won't repeat the story here in totality, but the gist is that Hampton took the center on our team and threw him at the QB on one snap in the middle of the game, causing a sack and fumble. GBall routed us that season 69-14. I have been asked about it every now and then over the years, and I'll write the story. I did so on 247 at one point when Perroni was covering the UT boards for them. Fast forward a few years, this fuckface has appropriated the story and transposed it as it happening against Clear Lake while Perroni was there or viewing it. So I call him on it on Twitter. Rather than simply say "oh, perhaps, I might be misrembering", he doubled down on his plagiarism with the take that it must have happened in multiple games. Uh, no, shitbag, you stole the story and used it to entertain on your own boards, and you thought you could get away with it. It's Internet content theft 101. 

There are no small corruptions. Only corruption. Brian Perroni doesn't deserve anyone's benefit of the doubt. He's a liar with zero integrity and he actively recruits for ATM when he's talking to players. You guys give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not funny or obnoxious the way some of the other aggie writers are. He's nonetheless a piece of human shit. 

So what you are saying is that Brian Perroni is also a fraudulent cocksucker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

The Achane story from rivals was really about 8 schools he was interested in, and could have been planted by the guy doing the interview. I'm sure Perroni mentioned aggy, so Achane probably told him they were in his top 5. I think the takeaway from Perroni's interview is that aggy is selling him on playing RB.

I also laugh at aggy saying they didn't offer 3 of our commits, considering they would take every one of our OL right now if they could as well as Card, considering they are looking at going 0fer at both OT and QB in the 2020 class.

Edited by HtownHorn

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There’s a screen grab in the Texas 2020 recruiting thread. 

Basically Achane lists 8 schools he’s interested in. States he grew up a Texas fan and the offer is significant for him. 

No mention of Aggy. This is hilarious because Aggy believed he was a slam dunk. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Why does looshie always say ..”jimbo fischer and the aggys”?
Not aggys or coach fischer?
Fuckin nut muncher is stuck on jimbos sack tighter than candi ever was

TexAgs' entire business model is built around being a semi-legal extension of the athletic department. They need to be a lamprey on the current coach's nuts until it is 1000% clear they're out the door.

• Like 2

Siap.... Elko getting paid

Source: A&M DC joins $2M club with new deal

Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko has agreed to a new three-year contract with the school that will pay him $2.1 million annually, a source told ESPN.  The Dallas Morning News first reported Elko's new contract.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26801449/dc-joins-2m-club-new-deal

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap.... Elko getting paid

Source: A&M DC joins $2M club with new deal

Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko has agreed to a new three-year contract with the school that will pay him $2.1 million annually, a source told ESPN.  The Dallas Morning News first reported Elko's new contract.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26801449/dc-joins-2m-club-new-deal

Lol, easiest DC job in the country with Jimbo's offense and SEC offenses. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Elko smartly puts 4 DTs on the line and begs anyone to throw it on them 

At least that's what he did last year when they were good on the DL. They lost five of their front six though, with only Marmaduke returning. Unlike Texas losing the likes of Wheeler and Hager, those guys were actually good, and they should see a downgrade. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

At least that's what he did last year when they were good on the DL. They lost five of their front six though, with only Marmaduke returning. Unlike Texas losing the likes of Wheeler and Hager, those guys were actually good, and they should see a downgrade. 

Those SEC qb’s though.....

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Those SEC qb’s though.....

Well, next year they face sophomore Trevor Lawrence for a full game, third year Fromm, third year Tua (after a bye week, so Tua should actually be relatively healthy for once), and a 5th year Browning

No idea who the South Carolina, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Miss State types of the world are trotting out there at QB, but A&M won't be able to shut down the run as easily as they did last year, and their shitty DBs will be in conflict more often 

• Like 1