Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

28 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Perroni is a master propagandist.  He delivers bad news sandwiched between optimistic, baseless opinions.  His closing lines are great.  From the above aggy thread, he ends a post with, "but he does really like Henson a lot."  That little sentence seems harmless enough.  But it's purpose is to whip aggy into a glory hole frenzy of unbridled optimism.

The funny thing is he used to be the bad news guy when Hamm was there, but once Hamm wasn’t there to spin stuff, the aggy fan base beat him down with their constant bitching and moaning if he reported anything other than sunshine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Wells reiterated that he still feels good about Broughton 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And Super K said earlier in the week that LSU and potentially Bama' could be the biggest obstacles.  

LSU already has 3-4 DL commits ( if you count Alec Bryant as a DL ) and probably add Roy, Guillory, and Lee.

ATM $9.95ers are pretty much only talking to Slick Willie and Co. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And Super K said earlier in the week that LSU and potentially Bama' could be the biggest obstacles.  

LSU already has 3-4 DL commits ( if you count Alec Bryant as a DL ) and probably add Roy, Guillory, and Lee.

Guillory and Lee are LSU, I'm pretty sure. They're also trying to package some Ohio kids together, one of whom is a DL. 

I think Bama has a good shot at Roy; maybe call that one a coinflip between they and LSU. McKinnley Jackson is a Bama lean, and then per the usual they juggle a bunch of highly rated kids for the remaining spots, and it's anyone's guess as to who they end up prioritizing. They're getting Alfred Collins to OV after he UOVs, and while we know about Collins' built in connections and I think we land him, never count out Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Clemson in big recruitments.  

VIP Intel: Two new 4-star Crystal Ball predictions for A&M

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 9 minutes ago

In-state prospects will always be the bread and butter of Texas A&M recruiting, but the Aggies are not afraid of going across the country to find top targets either. That was the m.o. for Jimbo Fisher at Florida State and it has remained that was in Aggieland.

The Aggies have only extended one in-state linebacker offer in the class and, even then, it is a player that is not hearing from A&M any longer. Because of that, they have cast a wide net nationally. A specific one of those players is a good bet to end up in Aggieland.

St. Louis Lutheran North's Antonio Doyle unofficially visited Oklahoma earlier this month. Next month, he has officials scheduled to Missouri and A&M.

While the Sooners did a good job with the 6-foot-4, 230-pound defender, there is still a lot of buzz around him with A&M. The Aggies were one of his first offers and he has built a good relationship with the staff. Ahead of the visit to A&M, the feeling is that the Aggies still lead.

I have put in a Crystal Ball prediction for Doyle to A&M, joining 247 insider Steve Wiltfong in doing so.

The other out-of-state player I have put in a new prediction for is Charlotte (N.C.) Myers Park wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad III.

The NFL legacy took an official visit to A&M last month. He then returned on his own, with his parents, less than a month later to spend another weekend in College Station.

The 6-foot, 185-pound four-star prospect has long been high on in-state schools North Carolina and North Carolina State. However, A&M has the momentum now. The feeling among some other schools is that the Aggies are likely to land him.

The one big question will be whether he goes that far from home. It does not seem to be a concern at the moment and he has been to College Station twice, so he is growing more comfortable. But, you never know if the in-state pull will be too much in the end.

That being said, Dameyune Craig has done a great job with Muhammad and I think the nation's No. 115 overall prospect will end up at A&M

37 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

That being said, Dameyune Craig has done a great job with Muhammad and I think the nation's No. 115 overall prospect will end up at A&M

Didn't know that Muhsin Muhammad was so hard up for cash that he would send his son to that cow town. Post NFL life must have hit him hard

On 5/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, Lobwedgephil said:

The guys I feel best about eventually becoming Aggies as we near the end of the spring evaluation period? 

Prospects who I'd rate the Ags' chances as 'good to very good' with?

• Athens OL Garrett Hayes‍ - would be hilarious if he doesn’t chose Aggy
  • Mesquite Poteet RB Seth McGowan‍ - Oh how things have changed 
  • East St. Louis (IL) S Antonio Johnson‍ - $$
  • Memphis (TN) Central OL Chris Morris‍ - he is ineligible for his SR year 
  • FB Marshall ATH Devon Achane‍ - we will see
  • FB Austin WR Troy Omeire‍ - no one cares 
  • Blinn JC CB Marco Domio‍ - Bama is going to pick up this tab 

Justin Schoenemann

Should be a fun June

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I know Aggy had been buying players, but the gloves are about to come off. This guy gives zero fucks. 

That’s what really concerns me.

That and a recent post here from ctj (iirc) about Texas not really following up or keeping an eye on them like one would assume.  As much $$$ and perception that follows cfb, I would think every blue blood type would have someone watching their main recruiting rivals like a hawk. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s what really concerns me.

That and a recent post here from ctj (iirc) about Texas not really following up or keeping an eye on them like one would assume.  As much $$$ and perception that follows cfb, I would think every blue blood type would have someone watching their main recruiting rivals like a hawk. 

That makes little to no sense save for about what, 3 schools? The SEC is decidedly not policing each other unless they get out of their lanes. But it's mutually assured destruction. Which leaves what? Michigan and Texas dealing with rival cheaters of the highest order? UCLA doesn't give a fuck, and USC doesn't know which way is up right now to deal with Oregon. I guess Washington. But I mean, most of the fucking cheaters are the schools your talking about. Who the fuck is going to do the policing for Nebraska? They're landlocked shitheads in a talent barren state now, no one is stealing their kids and they're ill-equipped to rat on some kid in Florida for taking money from UF or FSU. I just don't feel like there's that many people that need to carry that torch at this point that aren't complicit. It's basically the responsibility of Texas, Michigan, and who else? 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

That makes little to no sense save for about what, 3 schools? The SEC is decidedly not policing each other unless they get out of their lanes. But it's mutually assured destruction. Which leaves what? Michigan and Texas dealing with rival cheaters of the highest order? UCLA doesn't give a fuck, and USC doesn't know which way is up right now to deal with Oregon. I guess Washington. But I mean, most of the fucking cheaters are the schools your talking about. Who the fuck is going to do the policing for Nebraska? They're landlocked shitheads in a talent barren state now, no one is stealing their kids and they're ill-equipped to rat on some kid in Florida for taking money from UF or FSU. I just don't feel like there's that many people that need to carry that torch at this point that aren't complicit. It's basically the responsibility of Texas, Michigan, and who else? 

Hah and Cristobal's "I'm pretty sure Petersen's a racist" pitch to Savell Smalls really makes any attempts to play it clean just look like being a huge narc.

• Like 1

Sydney I don’t disagree. But getting outside their lane is exactly what I’m talking about.  A half million a year to keep aggy or buckeyes from buying the next Cam newton seems like a great investment for UT or UM imo.  Or just knowing there’s someone keeping a tab on you to keep you in your lane would probably solve most of it. 

1:51:30 - 2:07:00

Sunshine Pump City for Bjork by Looch. Particularly at the 2:00:00 mark where he pleads, "who could we have hired that would have riled up the fanbase?! Del Conte?! No - - oh and by the way, I don't think he's all that thrilled working down there working for Tom Herman right now! That's what the word around AD circles is!" LMAO. He gets scooped by Ben Baby, but of course he knows exactly what's happening at his sister's alma mater in Austin.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/ctBOiaKmzGs/0117471-pmpr.mp3

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Sunshine Pump City for Bjork by Looch. Particularly at the 2:00:00 mark where he pleads, "who could we have hired that would have riled up the fanbase?! Del Conte?! No - - oh and by the way, I don't think he's all that thrilled working down there working for Tom Herman right now! That's what the word around AD circles is!" LMAO. He gets scooped by Ben Baby, but of course he knows exactly what's happening at his sister's alma mater in Austin.

Still waiting for the locker room to blow up at UT..per his sources of course lol

Notre Dame

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Sydney I don’t disagree. But getting outside their lane is exactly what I’m talking about.  A half million a year to keep aggy or buckeyes from buying the next Cam newton seems like a great investment for UT or UM imo.  Or just knowing there’s someone keeping a tab on you to keep you in your lane would probably solve most of it. 

I think you misunderstood me when I said "stay in their lane." The SEC used to have a handshake agreement in regards to who can cheat for which kids at what cost where. I think. CTJ has outlined it in the past, and I'm sure Fud and other's could recite it. If I remember correctly it was don't outbid me for my kid in my state unless you want all your dirty shit exposed. I think it was one of the many reasons everyone was licking their chops to get into Texas. 

Anyway, listen, it's just not realistic. Texas is a public university. Del Conte can't have a line item on the budget for Rival Surveillance, or anything like that. He's open to an audit. Which means it has to be done by boosters or other people, which to this point, our boosters have shown zero interest in doing. And to what, deliver a huge report with proof of wrongdoing to the NCAA? The FBI has NCAA coaches on tape admitting to payment of players and those guys are still coaching. I'm not sure what other evidence you or anyone needs that no one gives a fuck. The NCAA has changed. Society has changed. Morals and Values have changed. You can't convince me even if we had a private eye system that produced iron clad evidence of cheating between schools and players, I dont think anyone would give a fuck or do anything. Fuck, we'd probably look like villains for taking money from poor families with talented kids. I just dont agree with you. But if I were a Billionaire, I'd fucking love to spend half a million a year on that shit to try. 

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hey man, I never said they could do shit. What I said was, who the fuck are the schools that are considered blue bloods that don't already cheat. 

I am just responding in general to all the posters that seem to think that all the clean programs can do shit about what Bama  UGA and aTm are doing. You are right though, the fucking FBI has audio evidence of cheating an not a goddamn thing is going to happen from the NCAA. 

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Terry Silver said:

Perroni is a master propagandist.  He delivers bad news sandwiched between optimistic, baseless opinions.  His closing lines are great.  From the above aggy thread, he ends a post with, "but he does really like Henson a lot."  That little sentence seems harmless enough.  But it's purpose is to whip aggy into a glory hole frenzy of unbridled optimism.

I think you’re giving him too much credit. He has no clue what he’s doing.

29 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am just responding in general to all the posters that seem to think that all the clean programs can do shit about what Bama  UGA and aTm are doing. You are right though, the fucking FBI has audio evidence of cheating an not a goddamn thing is going to happen from the NCAA. 

The clean programs?  Nobody is clean. Some are dirtier than others. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was thinking more about the new rules about counters per year and per 4 years. 

Neither signed, so it hurts them in the sense that they'll have neither one on the roster to grow for the future, but it makes it easier for them to bring in a full class for 2020 and opens up two spots to backcount towards (although the 85 man roster is the real issue for them)

I'd rather have those two on the roster than the last two guys in the 2020 class, and I bet Jimbo would too 

On 5/24/2019 at 1:22 PM, TexasMan said:

Weekly Transcription

(side note: Olin Buchanan is a Heisman voter? That guy is insane.)

Gabe Bock: Ross Bjork was named A&M Athletic Director yesterday, Lucci your reaction?

Lucci: I think it's a solid hire here. I don't feel that much different than I did when they hired Scott Woodward or Eric Hyman. And I felt very different at the end of both of those tenures so we'll see. I like a lot of things about Bjork and this fit and this timing of it. I do. Somewhere along the way Gabe, it became you know uncool to not, it became the cool thing to do to trash A&M decisions and hires. When it came out that they might hire Jimbo, they laughed at the possibility, those same aggies are now crying that he's going to go to Florida State. The same people are ripping the hire of Ross Bjork when the reality is... that's a hire that Jimbo Fisher absolutely signed off on. There's so many different ways in this thing, I've been...

Gabe Bock: That's enough, if Jimbo wanted him,  that's all I need to know. 

Lucci: If you're reaction is ew Ole Miss. AN He hired Hugh Freeze. To throw up your arms.  If you're like I don't like the optics of that. Well then did you do your research. And then On the flipside of it, go look into it there. If there's anyone at Ole Miss that's happy about him leaving are the people who still want Hugh Freeze there. So think about that. They are the crazies, they are the lunatic fringe. They wanted Hug Freeze. They wanted to hire Art Briles to replace him. 

Gabe: Lot of people on yesterday said the prodigal son can now return home. Now that Bjork's gone, now bring Freeze back. 

Looch: Yeah, Bjork had Freeze's back for a while during that thing. When there's a need for more facilities. When Mike Elko was possibly leaving for Temple and you need to raise hime to one of the 4 highest paid D coordinators in college football. When you want to add analysts you need to bring that up the chain. The AD needs to fight for you and have your way, the way Freeze was. We had a lot of fun for that. When he challenged that guy to fight on twitter. 

Gobe: that's when I said I like this guy. Didn't he have a wrestlers outfit on. 

Looch: He had a belt. He stood his ground there. That's when ADs will go certain ways. I got to turn and run and protect myself. If you believe that certain things are baseless and there's no proof and you fight for it until you realize you're on the wrong side of that fight. I don't want this to be, but I'm on the wrong side of this fight. A lot of Ole Miss people didn't like that. I've talked to people at Ole Miss. I've talked to one coach, I've communicated with two there on the non football side of things. One of them The Golf coach, Malloy, who I met through JT. He was giving me a hard time, he was like that's terrible, that's my guy. Two people said he's as good as he's worked for in that capacity. Then I got a DM from someone who covers Ole Miss just like you guys had a different guy on this morning that told a different story. She told me a long story about what he did behind the scenes to help fans out in need, people out who've been through some tough times that no one knows about, but she knows because she was kind of the conduit.  A lot of people were so upset because he was so cooperative. 

Gabe: Number 1, he fired Hugh Freeze, and number 2, He allowed the NCAA to have open access. Unlike Bubba Cunningham from UNC that a lot of people wanted him to come here, he shut the NCAA out. 

Looch: Which is why he wasn't under consideration.They weren't going to hire someone like that. Here's the other part of it. I've also talked...within the days before this happened. His name, look, this a process. And and, first off, I want to credit our boy Baby, that's a good scoop for him and the Dallas Morning News. I'm sure his bosses are happy. 

Gabe: He's had a good week with the Elko thing

Looch: That Elko thing was 2 years old, well I say that, its 2 months old. This was really good though when I read it. 100% accurate, when I read it, it was boom boom boom. To me, it was Ben's best work, so I'm proud of him for that. But, you look, I think sometimes people forget that Ben's young. He looks like he's 50, he acts like he's 60, but he's like 20. It was something that had been out there for a couple days. but it was interesting because a lot of my regular A&M sources had no idea. No idea. But I was trying to feel people out, no idea. I was asking around, and things like, one person called me and said another AD had called him and said look, I know who you guys are a going to hire and if it works out, he's really good.  And then I said I think I know who it is. And I did my research. And I was like okay. They met. Young met with him either yesterday or the day before. And Jimbo Fisher was heavily involved in the search. I said that the day the search started. I said he needed to be, by 24 hours in...he will be. That was the most encouraging thing I heard. This was a Mike Young, Jimbo Fisher search basically. And. 

Gabe: How it should be.

Looch: From what I heard, and I've got little birds everywhere...

Gabe: I thought you were doing fairy dust.

Looch: Yeah..it's that, to Jimbo Fisher was particularly excited about the hire, they really hit it off. He liked him, and that's part of it, a big part of it. 

Gabe: I think this guy is just entering his prime. This is that big job that AD's, he's 50, around his age are looking for. 

Looch: Here's the boxes I think he checks. Again, is he this homerum hire that shakes up college football. Who's out there?

Bock: Who's on your short list for AD?

Looch: There's one and they called him the day Woodward left because of the connection between him and Jimbo. They called Raticovich. They weren't going to get him. He got a fat raise to stay at Clemson where it's rolling. Now who else do you get. Who are the names that shake up the A&M fanbase. 

Gabe: Castigilione and Del Conte. 

Looch: And Del Conte by the way, I don't even know how thrilled he is down there working for Herman right now. That's the word in Athletic Department circles. He's there and he's going to be there. He's getting paid a lot. He's going to tweet a lot and be excited about it. But Castigligone has been at OU for 20 years. Hell, If you want to go hire the guy at Kentucky, who's a lifer in the SEC now. He's been there for almost 20 years. And by the way, do you want to hire someone who's been there for 20 years that's essentially...Look, they did that with Hyman, and this a was a step on the path to retirement as it turned out. He was more worried about planting trees around the athletic facilities than getting crap done. So...I love a guy on the upswing, kind of entering the prime. He's not a neophyte. He's a not a cub AD. He's been in the SEC for, what 6 or 7 years now and had some nice experience prior to becoming AD. He's a guy that everyone thats  known him, I've asked a couple people, everyone that's known him said he's a guy that commands a room, its his room, he's got that kind of energy, from when he was...he's always been trying to climb the ladder to be an AD. From when people first met him, and before he should have been noticed, he was being noticed. And that's from people at A&M and outside of A&M that have known him. Um, I love, here's what I do love. The two things I love more than anything else about the hire. If I could go 1,2,3, I would go...Jimbo seems to be a big fan of this. Number 2, SEC experience. And number 3, he's young and still learning but he's not green. I like that, but the SEC thing to me is big Gabe, it wasn't a necessity,  but it was big. And you look at Radakovich and you look at Mullens who are really the only. The Radakovich thing, I don't even know, it was like, hey are you interested, ah, 'let me have the weekend to think about', uhhh, nah we're going to. The Mullens thing lasted a good solid week. A&M pursued him, and it came out of Oregon. and That was absolutely accurate. They both had SEC ties. Scott Woodward, SEC ties. Eric Hyman was a SEC sitting AD. It didn't have to be a sitting SEC  AD, but to be honest with you, how many guys just jump out and you're like oh my god,  I gotta get him, I gotta get him.. 

Bock: the guy at Baton Rouge. 

Looch: Yeah but what did you do when A&M hired him. You don't know that he got to Washington, not as an Athletic Director. He wasn't a real experienced AD, he was an experienced politician and experienced at working at universities and he got Peterson and that's what stood out. But we didn't know anything about Scott  Now we know he's a terrific AD. 

Bock: It's hard to move a needle on an AD hire. 

Looch: It is, and a lot of times again if you when you do, you're getting a guy that's established and he's been around a long time, but what is he going to do when he gets here and he's got to starts having to deal with all the leaks and all the drama. Is he gonna go, this is, I'm just gonna. Or is he gonna roll up his sleeves and plow through it. I'm here for the long term, and we're going to make a lot of money and do some great things. And I think that's a guy you got with this. I think he's going to see this as a challenge and rise to the occasion. He's gonna have the football coaches support and the president's support. It also came out yesterday what I had said and written, it was 5 years or no years, It was 5 years or not sign the extension. I don't think Young is on his way out. So it might be a couple years. So he's go the support of the President. He's got the support of the head football coach. I'd be interested to see what Buzz Williams thinks. I'd be real interested, because that matters quite a bit too right now. With a new basketball coach. You would hope, I don't know if that was the case. There's kind of a lot of things happening in a vacuum right now with this whole situation. 

Bock: I like how active he is. I mean this guy will be at basketball games. He will be all over. He'll be a little bit like Byrne in that regard. People you talk to at Ole Miss. He's around. Very active on social media but also at events. 

Looch: Again, I like the experience he's got. I mean, Does he have a signature hire yet? No, he didn't hire Freeze. And I don't know if that would be a signature. That would look great at the time. Um I like going and getting Kermit Davis. I like the reported pressure to perform that was being put on Bianco. Um, so, you know I think it's a strong hire. The SEC stuff is important to me Gabe though. I want a guy that understands, and I've had some people tell it's not a significant a deal as you'd think, I disagree, I like a guy who knows the issues of the day in the SEC coming in. I like a guy that has been in the league and knows the power players on personal level, has dealt with them, has fought against them,  maybe beside them and he's going in there representing Texas A&M.  A&M is still young in this league and they need an AD that knows the ins and outs, knows the power players, knows who to leverage, know who to not trust, whatever there may be and with 6, 7 years into this, Bjork certainly is familiar with all that, and he's not a guy who is going to walk in a room there with all those AD's and get pushed around. And they certainly had that with Scott and I think that's important. 

Edited by Neonmoon
Shit. I fucked up the first part a little. Meh, I’m too lazy to fix it.
  • Like 3

So Daddy98 is into "handsome" Vikings that hang out at the Dixie Chicken and truck stops in Tomball?   Karen Key Largo approves.   Johnny is at the truck stop waiting for Daddy to give him a ride to his next signing party.   Karen is watching the old Jimbo arrival ceremony at the "lit" Station airport  while forcing her little dog, Norman to lick peanut butter off her crotch.