Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Are recruits really dumb enough that "WE PUT MYLES GARRETT IN THE NFL!" is a real recruiting pitch?

Or do they typically have someone around them to say something like "none of the coaches who were involved in the recruitment and development of Myles Garrett work for Texas A&M anymore"...?

Have you met Most People? Seriously most people period are fucking idiots. Regardless of your political affiliation log onto Facebook and look at the other side. Idiots.

Now subtract all life experience and make those people teenagers. Yeah man, it works. 

13 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Are recruits really dumb enough that "WE PUT MYLES GARRETT IN THE NFL!" is a real recruiting pitch?

Or do they typically have someone around them to say something like "none of the coaches who were involved in the recruitment and development of Myles Garrett work for Texas A&M anymore"...?

The pitch doesn’t matter. It’s about the relationship. The coach with the best relationship wins.

(I need to practice my transcription)

Belliucci Hour - 5/6

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-beliucci-hour/e/60533027?autoplay=true

Mod: The summer could be an extremely busy period for recruiting. 

Looch: yeah, It should be. The hope is...it will be. I think A&M would like to go into the home strech with a little more wiggle room then they had a year ago. I think the Aggies would have loved to have a couple more scholarships with which to work in that second stretch to signing day. So I'm not talking about wanting, let's just spitball and say 22, 23 person class. If you had like 23, I think they'd love to have like four to work with next time around as opposed to one. Um, so, let's say you're working with like 20. And you've got about 5 probably you feel great about keeping in the boat. So you have about 15 to work with. Do I think they could go fill half of those slots between now and in the summer. They could go into the fall with about 7, 8, 9 spots left. And then wanting to you know fill half of those by the early signing period. 

Mod: What's the biggest question position wise do you have in terms of recruting? Not concern, but which one are you more curious about the outcome because the prospects are all over the place.

Looch: Nah,  It could be conern or curiousity. I'll do both. Curious to me would be the secondary. There's so many pieces. They've only got one commit there, they had two at one point and were worried about getting 3 too quickly. and somebody like a Jalen Kimber who is now commmited to Georgia. Um, they kind of tapped the brakes on Kimber at Georgia and Myles Slusher who went to Orgeon and RJ Mikens who went to Clemson. They're being very particular. Ryan Watts went to OU. They won't stop recruiting. They're going to keep pushing him,. He loved A&M, but OU did a good job of closing, closing him out. There's a lot of national guys you've talked to a lot. Particulary Vito Tisdale. Likely to visit. 

Mod: Antonio Johnson

Looch: He's been a guy who I think A&M has felt pretty decent about for a while. They've got to get him down here. He had unfortunate family thing happen. What is it. His house caught on fire a week before his visit. So, Anthonio Johnson's a guy. There is plenty around the counrty. You knwo that there going to get in and such. There's plenty, there's still some, I wouldn't say plenty, still some in-state. They could re-engage. There might be some mutual interest again with Chris Thompson. There's Josh Eaton. And Domio's a guy. There's a couple other Juco's out there. Domio being at Blinn, being that he's close. There are a lot of options. But that's the curious position, because there's so many ways it goes. I'm confident they'll have. People always go 'It's so hard for us to get DBs' and they're wrining their hands. I dont' understand. A&M just signed a terrifc class...teriffic. And then they're pulling away on some of these guys, and I'm not saying. Me personally, I think Jalen Kimber can play. But, it's like, to wring your hands over. They're still...theye're not missing on the guys they want. Burns and Watts would be two...certainly. You can tell they want that big cover man. But...It's not like 'oh my god'. If you got Domio, if you got Maco Domio, Jaylen Jones, Josh Eaton, Antonio Johnson. And I think they could go five.  But even if you got those four

Mod: And throw in Xavion Alford.

Looch: Well, you can throw in whoever. But yeah...even if you got those four with the four you signed last year. All of the sudden you've completely reshaped and reloaded your secondary in an SEC west caliber way of depth, and talent, and playmakers.  With those two classes so...nothing I just said about that class is a stretch. In fact, I'd said the same thing if you said they were gonna get Jaylon Jones, Domio, Jalen Kimber, and Miles Slusher. Those four plus, and they could of done that like that. I think they feel very confident that there gonna ge the kind of DB haul. My bigger concern position, I might surprise you with this one. 

Mod: Mine would have been linkebacker. Curiousity was linebacker. That was my curious one. 

Looch: Mine is still a concern there, That would by my #2. Anytime you're going to go exclusivily...out of state. It ain't easy. 

Mod: Not even out of state. It's almost National. We;re not talkin Lousiana or Arkansas. 

Looch: Saint Louis. And don't think there's several that won't pop up there in the deep south. 

Looch: To me, there's a little concern there. But I'm confident they'll find. They did it last year. They found four really good ones out of state and they'll do it again. Now, if you want to talk about my concern, it migtht surprise you. I think I might say offensvie line. 

Mod: Yeah, I could see that, but there's, there are, I believe, they're close on Chris Morris. Who's a fantastic product. 

Looch: Who's a memphis prospet who's going to get a lot of recruiting attention going on there. 

Mod: And we know what kind of game Tennessee is playing right now. But A&M's done a great job there. I think If they can land Garrett Hayes in-state. That's a big piece to it. 

Looch: It would be a monster piece. Those two, I'm no longer worried about the position. And you don't have them...by any stretch.

Mod: You can feel good about it, but it ain't done.

Looch: I'd feel good when it is done. If that doesn't happen then where does it go. I'll tell you who I love. I like the Anderson kid out of Frisco. I really do. And who did he pick up. Somebody good. 

Mod: Florida?

Looch: Maybe so. Florida State. Whatever. I like him. I would love to see him. Whatever they got out of their guys commited. Him, Hayes, and Morris. Man, I'd feel really good about that class.

Mod: Nate Anderson's the kind of kid that Josh Henson would get at Oklahoma State and in four years, he looks like like Russell Okung, a big premier left tackle kind of kid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Now we’ll get to hear how he wasn’t SEC good and Jimbo moved on.

Already started.

Update 2: I believe now that it will be a commitment and it will be to UNC. I think the Tar Heels would have had a very good shot regardless, but A&M has backed off a bit as of late.

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Update 2: I believe now that it will be a commitment and it will be to UNC. I think the Tar Heels would have had a very good shot regardless, but A&M has backed off a bit as of late.

hahahhaha. 

Posted May 7th from Perroni

ManzielManCrush said... (original post)

BP is this an attempt to make hornsby go public or has one side moved on?

Neither side has moved on, but A&M really likes King as well. Hornsby was close to committing at one point during the season but, after a week or two, he realized he had rushed into things. A&M didn't consider him a commit and he didn't consider himself committed. North Carolina has become a major player in his recruitment I still believe that, if A&M pushes, he will likely end up in Aggieland.

Edited by Neonmoon

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I hope King goes elsewhere and leaves A&M totally in the lurch after they "passed" on Hornsby or whatever.

They're getting King, unless LSU starts recruiting him again 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Fwiw, I buy that A&M backed off Hornsby, and decided to go with King instead 

Yep. They made a bad eval early in Hornsby, but realized it and backed off the last couple months.

Normally, they’d be in trouble but the ever-perspicacious Coach O has decided to take two shitty QBs instead of one good one, so now A&M gets to fall ass backwards into a good QB take, instead of being left out in the cold on all the state’s top QB prospects like they deserve.

Granted, Coach O could always have a fleeting moment of intelligence and circle back on King and likely put A&M where it should be, but we’ll have to wait and see if that happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Im not super familiar with LSU’s qb commits. Looking at his measurables, Finley looks like a future TE or maybe a fucking OT. Why does the Johnson or Johnston kid suck? Hes ranked decently enough. 

Go check out his rank history. He started out ranked extremely high and is fading fast. He may not even be a 4 star by NSD.

he was a kid who was tall for his age and had a big arm early, but now his peers are catching up to him and he’s not that good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Im not super familiar with LSU’s qb commits. Looking at his measurables, Finley looks like a future TE or maybe a fucking OT. Why does the Johnson or Johnston kid suck? Hes ranked decently enough. 

8 passing touchdowns 
6 interceptions 
39% completion percentage (4.7 YPA) 

But he's Brad Johnson's son, Mark Richt's nephew, and Sean Salisbury has been coaching him for like ten years, and Orgeron knows all three of them 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. They made a bad eval early in Hornsby, but realized it and backed off the last couple months.

Normally, they’d be in trouble but the ever-perspicacious Coach O has decided to take two shitty QBs instead of one good one, so now A&M gets to fall ass backwards into a good QB take, instead of being left out in the cold on all the state’s top QB prospects like they deserve.

Granted, Coach O could always have a fleeting moment of intelligence and circle back on King and likely put A&M where it should be, but we’ll have to wait and see if that happens.

Honestly it probably is a good move by A&M to back off Hornsby. But it's also hilarious because they did so much talking about him being the next VY, a 5*, better than Card, etc. 

Speaking of, I've been trying to search and find the pages with them talking about Hornsby early on but can't find them. Does anyone else have the screenshots? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Honestly it probably is a good move by A&M to back off Hornsby. But it's also hilarious because they did so much talking about him being the next VY, a 5*, better than Card, etc. 

Speaking of, I've been trying to search and find the pages with them talking about Hornsby early on but can't find them. Does anyone else have the screenshots? 

I think it's in the Hamm thread - I don't remember when though. Maybe February-ish?

One more thing, many of us were initially confused when we took Card over Hornsby.  This staff has proven time and time again that they are spot on with their evaluations and that they trust their evaluations.  I think they were okay with taking Hornsby as QB 2 except that kid has an entourage and a mom around him that will make you think he’s Cam Newton 2.0.  He’s a poor man’s Shawn Robinson.  No one is going to deal with that headache for a raw 3 star prospect.  He also has his handout and is looking for a payday.  Brewster has to be one of the dirtiest recruiters in college football.