Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I lived near Rice village from 2002-2005, when I was fresh out of college with my first job and what, for the first time in my life, felt like disposable income. I jogged around that track every morning, for 3 years, and I frequented the bars in Rice Village with co-workers probably 2-3 times a week. You couldn't be more wrong if you changed your name to Longhorn94 and started swearing that Texas was going to sign Garrett Wilson. 

I’ve never seen a more roundabout way to brag that you jog every morning. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Fud said:

One of my best friends played at Rice about five years ago, and says it was a experience different from almost any other FBS school because most of the student body resents the meathead athletes, are antisocial autist genius types, or are foreign, and there aren't many attractive girls to throw themselves at the athletes like there are at other schools 

Yes this is accurate.  The athletes aren’t the cool kids, but rather the “wtf are those idiots doing in the same classroom as me” kids. 

• Like 1

I haven't been there in ages, so I don't know what it's like now, I just know that in the late 80's, early 90's... Abilene Christian for the win.

Meanwhile, Texas A&I (I'll be buried in the cold, hard ground afore I call it A&M Kingsville) is a Vic Mackey wet dream, with only a very small handful of exceptions.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I haven't been there in ages, so I don't know what it's like now, I just know that in the late 80's, early 90's... Abilene Christian for the win.

Meanwhile, Texas A&I (I'll be buried in the cold, hard ground afore I call it A&M Kingsville) is a Vic Mackey wet dream, with only a very small handful of exceptions.

And those few exceptions are dumb as fuck and dating some oil field trash guy named Ryder who comes in from west Texas in a 98 doge dually and tries to fight everybody at the like two bars in the town.

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Rice has about 6,000 students grad and undergrad. At 47% female, that’s a total pool of 2800 females. Whatever the normal distribution curve for hotness is, I imagine Rice’s 17% acceptance rate skews it and not in a good way, in addition to the self selection that happens initially that students don’t bother applying in the first place. 

Having run the Rice trail for years there is talent at Rice.  

EDIT- My time period was a decade after Sydney's but I only saw those that ran. Nor would I know who was really from West U and who were Rice coeds.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Most of that talent are west u girls & moms, agree that they are talented. 

For me, the private schools are behind the state schools based on numbers alone. Those of you saying we have no talent need to walk around campus and Austin more. You have 25K chicks around campus and on any given weekend you have another 2K chicks from Aggie/BU/Trinity/St Eds/State looking for a pickle tickle.

22 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

EDIT- My time period was a decade after Sydney's but I only saw those that ran. Nor would I know who was really from West U and who were Rice coeds.

Prettiest girl I ever saw in my life was in West U. The locals are *wow*.

20 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Goodman nailed it. There was always an attractive enough mom or two running. A few times a week there was a flat out hot girl who i always pegged as a girl in med school who lived in the area (usually by an undergrad shirt from an OOS school). But most of the girls who were surefire coeds were butterfaces at best, butter-sculptures at worst. I vaguely remember one coed who was either a volleyball or basketball player (for the obvious reason) who was good looking, but thats all I remember.

Most of the hot talent are/were med students or nurses who lived near work. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Look at all the hotties sheltering in place at the vet school today.

da829fdb15dee7ab92828e589989bdc6.jpg

x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

My wife worked as an event planner at Rice for like 8 years, or something to that effect. She was responsible for many of the big celebrations there, like Commencement, and whatever dumb BBQ event that launched each school year for the freshmen and/or sophomores. She basically just described the entire undergraduate population as "A bunch of weird dorks unleashed in an environment where other people will have sex with them for the first time." 
So, sounds about right. She has some tremendous stories. 

Your wife sounds like a judgemental, pretentious know it all. She obviously posts on Surly under the user name SydneyCarton.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Fud said:

The two things that come up behind the scenes with King Haynes are that he and his family are LSU fans, and that he wants to play in the SEC. The three top schools, assuming LSU doesn't push, appear to be A&M, Auburn, and Tennessee

Orgeron is a fucking moron if he doesn't trapdoor one of their committed scrubs for him, Arkansas would seemingly be a big threat if it wasn't for Chad's son Chandler Morris, who's a pretty good QB prospect, Tennessee's 2018 and 2019 signees were both 3* pro style guys, Auburn just signed a stud in Bo Nix, and A&M has junior to be Mond and a bunch of garbage. 

To me, if LSU doesn't push, A&M and Tennessee make the most sense. 

Just FYI I told you guys that word around town was that Tennessee was the favorite months ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Just FYI I told you guys that word around town was that Tennessee was the favorite months ago. 

He's actually heavily leaning A&M now, per the most recent info 

NSIAP :: Jimbo not only left the worst OL in all of college football 

Florida State’s APR of 936 is the lowest of any football program in the FBS. 

The APR -- Academic Progress Rate -- is essentially a measurement used by the NCAA to determine how athletic programs are performing in the classroom, and penalties such as practice restriction, scholarship reduction and championship bans can be enforced if an APR is too low. FSU’s APR has dipped in recent years, and the latest information released for the 2017-18 academic year points to problems for FSU. 

For comparison, the average APR among FBS football programs is 968.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Goodman nailed it. There was always an attractive enough mom or two running. A few times a week there was a flat out hot girl who i always pegged as a girl in med school who lived in the area (usually by an undergrad shirt from an OOS school). But most of the girls who were surefire coeds were butterfaces at best, butter-sculptures at worst. I vaguely remember one coed who was either a volleyball or basketball player (for the obvious reason) who was good looking, but thats all I remember.

Most of the hot talent are/were med students or nurses who lived near work. 

They weren't med students, at least not at Baylor.

9 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Why do they think Texas needs the game more and we are desperate for the series to come back?

First, *FIFY.

They're operating under, well, many fallacious assumptions. But in this instance, specifically, that:

1) They run this state, and the only way we're relevant is if we are beating them on the field
2) Our conference sucks so we need them to look good to a playoff committee because BDF (ignoring our OOS isn't balls)
3) No decent talent is interested in a non SEC school.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

First, *FIFY.

They're operating under, well, many autofellatious assumptions. But in this instance, specifically, that:

1) They run this state, and the only way we're relevant is if we are beating them on the field
2) Our conference sucks so we need them to look good to a playoff committee because BDF (ignoring our OOS isn't balls)
3) No decent talent is interested in a non SEC school.

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I mean, they could've been. I had plenty of classmates that ran the outer loop consistently while we were there. We even had a running club that would meet up.

There were very few hot ones there 3 decades ago. #admissionstandardsdecline

Nurses, on the other hand...