Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

24 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Delicious tears re: Ludacris, their shitty visitors list and BC.  

giphy.gif

I don’t really read their updates posted here, but have they posted an actual list or are they just telling their mentally fragile subs it’s not good and not even making the list public?

Edited by Burt Macklin

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t really read their updates posted here, but have they posted an actual list or are they just telling their mentally fragile subs it’s not good and not even making the list public?

They haven't released the final list yet (they will today I think) but they're easing them in slowly to the realization that it's going to be shitty. 

They've already posted the highlights: Troy Omeire, Alfred Collins and a bunch of spare tires.

Edited by Scholz
  • Like 1

Just now, Scholz said:

They haven't released the final list yet (they will today I think) but they're easing them in slowly to the realization that it's going to be shitty.  

Jeez. I really can’t think of who they lead for/elite guys they’re in it with, besides most of our DL targets, of course, lulz.

If they’re getting Collins and Broughton to the spring game but still saying it’s a shitty list, then it must be pretty barren besides those two. 

• Like 1

List is up 

Texas A&M has seen a number of visitors on campus during spring ball already. That includes top targets from both the Lone Star State as well as nationally. Jimbo Fisher and Co. have done a good job getting players to Aggieland.

Now, things wrap up this coming weekend with the Maroon and White Game.

Most of the spring games across the state and country are also this weekend. There are also prospects taking official visits to numerous places this weekend as well. A&M will have a couple of those in town, too, but the Aggies are going to slow down on the number of spring officials this year as opposed to in the past. They want to be able to host players in the fall and make a bigger impression closer to Signing Day.

Still, though, there will be a number of top prospects in College Station this weekend. This is not an exhaustive list by any means. There were will be other players and we will likely add to it as well, but these are the bigger names that are expected at Kyle Field on Saturday.

OFFICIAL VISITORS

-Oak Park, Mich. WR/TE Maliq Carr - The 6-foot-4, 230-pound prospect was recently bumped up in the rankings after a strong showing at The Opening regionals. He wants to play receiver but seems like a better fit at tight end, which is where he is currently ranked.

-Charlotte (N.C.) Myers Park WR Muhsin Muhammad III - The 6-foot, 185-pound national top-150 prospect took unofficial visits to both NC State and Tennessee last week and will use his first official visit to A&M.

UNOFFICIAL VISITORS

-Tomball WR Demond Demas (A&M commit) - The five-star Aggie pledge is in College Station a lot as his commitment grows stronger each time.
-Cibolo Steele CB Jaylon Jones (A&M commit) - The four-star defender has shown no signs of wavering since making his commitment on Super Bowl Sunday.
-Fort Bend Hightower OL Smart Chibuzo (A&M commit) - Chibuzo has visited other places and said he is looking around, but the four-star lineman is still on the commit list and will be in town yet again this weekend.
-The Woodlands College Park OL Josh Bankhead (A&M commit) - Despite the loss of the offensive line coach he committed to, Bankhead has remained rock-solid in his pledge.
-Camden (N.J.) Woodrow Wilson DE Fadil Diggs - The Aggies have done a great job with the four-star pass rusher and he is paying his way down from New Jersey to Aggieland for the second time. A&M is in very good shape there.
-Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Alfred Collins (going to Texas after) - This is shaping up to be an A&M-Texas battle for the four-star defensive end and he plans to hit both spring games.
-Cy Ridge DE/DT Vernon Broughton (going to Texas after) - Like Collins, four-star Broughton and his mother also say they are going to both A&M and Texas spring games. The Aggies have built some momentum with him as of late.
-Blinn College CB Marco Domio - The standout junior college cornerback was just offered by the Aggies on Tuesday and is wasting no time making it to College Station.
-Fort Bend Austin WR Troy Omeire - Omeire is likely going to be an A&M/Texas battle and he was recently in Austin, so this is the Aggies' chance to counter that.
-A&M Consolidated WR Devin Price - Price lives in College Station and never misses a chance to visit the local school.
-Seffner (Fla.) Armwood DT Clyde Pinder, Jr. - The 6-foot-1, 303-pound high three-star prospect has not been offered by A&M yet, but he wanted to visit campus and get to know the coaches.
-Blinn College WR Xavier Hutchinson - Originally from Jacksonville, Fla., the 6-foot-3, 190-pound junior college prospect has a trio of early offers. It would be surprising if A&M took a junior college receiver, but Hutchinson is coming with teammate Domio.
-2021 Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye - One of the top overall defenders in the country for the 2021 class, Adeleye was unable to make it last weekend with some of his older teammates, but will be there this weekend.
-2021 Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson - The national top-50 prospect was one of the first players A&M offered in the class and has long been high on the Aggies.
-2021 Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE/DT Marcus Burris - A teammate of Jackson's, 4-star Burris does not have an Aggie offer yet but does have them from Arkansas and Alabama after visiting each of those places.
-2022 Atascocita OT Kam Dewberry (going to Texas after) - One of two in-state freshmen to have been offered so far, Dewberry was at A&M this past weekend and will be there again this coming weekend.

MAYBE:
-2021 North Shore QB Dematrius Davis (depends on timing with ACT Saturday) - Davis is one of a several sophomores and juniors taking the ACT. He is going to try and make it after the test but it might not end up happening.
-2021 Richmond Foster OT Reuben Fatheree (depends on bball schedule and possible other visits) - The national top-100 prospect is having to figure out his basketball schedule and, if he is free, is going to figure out which game or games he will be at.

-Camden (N.J.) Woodrow Wilson DE Fadil Diggs - The Aggies have done a great job with the four-star pass rusher and he is paying his way down from New Jersey to Aggieland for the second time. A&M is in very good shape there.

Yes, a Camden Public Schools kid is "paying his way" down to Texas. Mmhmm.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So basically besides their commits, they have Omeire, Collins, and Broughton

And Collins and Broughton are coming to our game too. 

That is sad 

The JUCO CB is a good one for them, but yeah not a whole lot else. It’s hard to even put together 20 guys they have a realistic chance at landing right now. I’m starting to wonder if we underestimated how much of an impact Brewster had. Or maybe it was a big first year bump? Idk. I’m sure they’ll still finish around top 10-15 this year, but it doesn’t look like they’re headed for anything close to last year, and Jimbo can’t hope to overcome the talent deficit if they settle around the #10 class most years. 

My local NWS weather for Austin has the rain moving out after 1 pm.

The NWS for Bryan is similar, but looks like a slightly better chance in the evening. The Friday night forecast actually looks like a higher percentage chance than Saturday night.

Jimbo moving the game time is either desperation or a way for him to start is Evan Williams bender a little bit earlier.

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

Bad weather in Austin should be cleared out by the time the 1 pm baseball game starts, and shouldn't be an issue at all for the Spring Game 

I'm hesitant on this...basing it on nothing other than what my gut has told me over the years...it always feels like bad weather ends up being half a day to a day later than when it is predicted. Hope I'm wrong in this instance, as we're going to Austin for the Spring game. 

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

Bad weather in Austin should be cleared out by the time the 1 pm baseball game starts, and shouldn't be an issue at all for the Spring Game 

Sounds great, except for the lunacy of thinking we can have accurate hour by hour weather forecasts 72 hours out. 

But it does have the feel of 2 programs backing down because they didn’t get the visitor list they had hoped. 

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sounds great, except for the lunacy of thinking we can have accurate hour by hour weather forecasts 72 hours out. 

But it does have the feel of 2 programs backing down because they didn’t get the visitor list they had hoped. 

Welp

• Like 1

HammLite ::

We will obviously get with the planned visitors, as well as others who couldn’t make it on Saturday. But I don’t imagine it will be a very big recruiting event now

Sure. Other than hosting OVs for Muhsin Muhammed III and Maliq Carr. (and that assumes that this doesn't fuck up their travel plans/attendance). 

6 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Heck of a move to keep from having to say the recruits went to Texas and OU's spring game instead. Now recruit attendance numbers will blamed on the short notice game time move.

Of course.  Exactly this.

I'm all for this one as I didn't want Robert Wooten to Aggy. Hell, any OOS DL that they want to take is all good. That's the weirdest part of this commitment is that there are several players in Texas who I think Aggy could probably get who are certainly as good, if not better, and wouldn't require shenanigans or year-long OOS effort to keep in the fold. 

641d2594b6f9142e65706a68f287217e.jpg

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just looked, and they have a home baseball game at 630 Friday night vs Auburn, so they are going to split attendance. 

Baseball game time Saturday is still 4 pm so I guess they don’t need to move that start time due to rain. 

Interesting Fact: aggy baseball has only played two away series so far this season.  When you said the Auburn series would be in aggieland I thought to myself, "no way in hell is that possible".  But with aggy, anything is possible.

55 minutes ago, golfclap said:

HammLite ::

Sure. Other than hosting OVs for Muhsin Muhammed III and Maliq Carr. (and that assumes that this doesn't fuck up their travel plans/attendance). 

I had not realized that it’s been 10 years since Muhsin Muhammed retires....

42 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Interesting Fact: aggy baseball has only played two away series so far this season.  When you said the Auburn series would be in aggieland I thought to myself, "no way in hell is that possible".  But with aggy, anything is possible.

That’s arguably more impressive than never playing more than 4 away games each football season.