2020 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Colorado

immamac

The team in the second half had the enthusiasm of a team that knew the guys who should have been playing all along were finally playing. I’m grateful for how Sam helped turn the program around but holy shit had Thompson gotten meaningful snaps earlier in the season I have no doubt he would have taken over. I don’t know if Herman is blind or was scared to death of a QB controversy but fuck him either way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

4 TD’s in one half and no Int’s. By my calculation Thompson will throw 104 TD’s and no Int’s next year. Anything less will be a disappointment.

He’s more suited to what Yurcich likes to do than Sam is, imo, with the deep balls and whatnot.  But per you, Herman - and therefore Yurcich - won’t be here next year so who cares.  

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights again and noticed on that on the second Bijan screen when he catches it at the 31, our five offensive linemen are on the 29, 26, 23, 18, and 12 yard lines. Angilau looks pretty funny wandering around the 12 yard line looking for something to do. 

That may have been the most perfect execution that I’ve ever seen on a play of that type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the highlights again and noticed on that on the second Bijan screen when he catches it at the 31, our five offensive linemen are on the 29, 26, 23, 18, and 12 yard lines. Angilau looks pretty funny wandering around the 12 yard line looking for something to do. 
There were a couple of times we got lucky not to have illegal man down field called.

He’s more suited to what Yurcich likes to do than Sam is, imo, with the deep balls and whatnot.  But per you, Herman - and therefore Yurcich - won’t be here next year so who cares.  

Obviously the staff is an all or nothing situation (ie we aren’t going to fire Herman but keep the coordinators), but I think the coordinators are getting getting their sea legs. Considering new systems, lack of spring ball, learning curve of figuring out how things are done in the conference and figuring out who you’ve got on the roster and what they can do, I’ve seen improvement.
As someone said today Herman seems to think he’s more cleaver than he is and does things that go completely contrary to common sense. Like sitting the RB with the (scorching) hot hand or playing Brewer almost exclusively (or at all).

On 12/30/2020 at 9:03 AM, immamac said:

I did an RCA on the slowness last night - apparently the search engine does not like it when I change the titles of big fast moving threads. Guess I'll stop doing that or figure out a better solution. It reindexes the whole thread when I do it causing about a 300-500ms slowdown to the thread in question.

image.thumb.png.434d5bf58936d1253ad52159dc3c8e6c.png

changed thread name at ~21:51

image.thumb.png.8f59cd7a6e0056f4d965d0aea9169627.png

image.thumb.png.f67da690055f6d3d704747a0aced6266.png

bunch of poopoo garbage collection happening

image.thumb.png.18c15d8916e2f2a2a5a07e86f1ee1412.png

causing a spike in query time (for searches which power the activity feed) and indexing time (which is the biggest slowdown after hitting the submit button for a new post)

If you can, turn off the feature where the thread title is included in the URL.  For example:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/18304-2020/page/59/

is equivalent to

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/18304-2020-alamo-bowl-texas-vs-colorado/page/59/

but the latter will change when the thread title changes, confusing the search engines.

• immamac unfeatured this topic