Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Do you wish we played Eagles in the slot and Overshown at cornerback too?

Not to confuse the point here, but didn’t Eagles have a ridiculously low shuttle time in high school? It was 3.99 seconds I think which is an elite time for running backs, which makes it even more impressive that he did it as a WR at like 6’4” 215 lbs. Damn, I wonder what an actually competent offensive scheme could’ve done for the dude, I think he probably could’ve succeeded in the slot as well.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

Not to confuse the point here, but didn’t Eagles have a ridiculously low shuttle time in high school? It was 3.99 seconds I think which is an elite time for running backs, which makes it even more impressive that he did it as a WR at like 6’4” 215 lbs. Damn, I wonder what an actually competent offensive scheme could’ve done for the dude, I think he probably could’ve succeeded in the slot as well.

Eagles' SPARQ score was very similar to that of Rondale Moore

Excellent display name btw

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Fuck you for not knowing how to link things. Then fuck you for being vague enough for me to click more links. But thank you for your input, or at least I will thank you once I figure out what the fuck you meant

Sorry.  I’m a long time lurker who found it interesting, so decided to sign up.

Sark & Banks bio lead to NC game info.. but the rest of the staff had bio info.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Have you gone through the mandatory three-year waiting period before posting?

I called the hotline and Suzanne Halliburton said it was ok to post frivolous bullshit as long as Cory Redding was moved to linebacker living in an orange house.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Kurt Bowels said:

To be fair, he doesn't need to read the sites with the peasants. He talks to THE 247 team moderators.

I'm Kind of a Big Deal - Reaction GIFs

“Hey Taylor, hear anything about Arnett?”

”who are you? Why are you breathing so heavily? I’m calling the police”

• Haha 2

On 1/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Longtimelurker2001 said:

CDC and brass going to the game tonight.   They have a private plane that will bring back Flood, Wiggins and Golding.  Scott may be on the plane as well.  Coaching staff will be in Austin tomorrow and will he announced. 

Yeah...so this wasn’t so right

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yeah...so this wasn’t so right

Did anyone go into the plane afterwards to confirm it was empty? Maybe Golding, Wiggins and Flood are hiding in the bathroom waiting for the right moment to spring themselves upon Austin. 

(that guy had called the Sark hiring like on Dec 20th so I was somewhat hopeful that MAYBE he wasn't absolutely full of shit when he posted the airplane thing but looks like it was just BS guesswork as expected) 

We do need to talk about the fact the the DC absolutely is not Golding. No way we wouldn’t have heard shit on him by now if he was the DC. Man I thought inside texas was going to have the juice with all the coaching search but they are absolutely grasping at straws. I think they got in with the BMDs more than the admin and aren’t getting fed shit at this point, while lap dog FCB is just being hand fed by CDC. What a strange turn of events

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Did anyone go into the plane afterwards to confirm it was empty? Maybe Golding, Wiggins and Flood are hiding in the bathroom waiting for the right moment to spring themselves upon Austin. 

(that guy had called the Sark hiring like on Dec 20th so I was somewhat hopeful that MAYBE he wasn't absolutely full of shit when he posted the airplane thing but looks like it was just BS guesswork as expected) 

Turns out Golding and Wiggins hid in the aircraft’s wheel well. It is believed they fell out somewhere in North Florida.  

• Haha 3

We do need to talk about the fact the the DC absolutely is not Golding. No way we wouldn’t have heard shit on him by now if he was the DC. Man I thought inside texas was going to have the juice with all the coaching search but they are absolutely grasping at straws. I think they got in with the BMDs more than the admin and aren’t getting fed shit at this point, while lap dog FCB is just being hand fed by CDC. What a strange turn of events

Moving targets and I also think things are staying bottled up as much as possible.

23 minutes ago, fakepunt said:

Nevermind.  I suck.  It appears to be random ads or something.. 

I saw the same thing, but it looks like it’s just an advertisement related to their national championship. I didn’t realize Banks had only been there three years so that’s something. 

Welcome aboard. That’s your one mulligan. Next time you fuck up you’ll wake up at midnight with @futureman doing things you’d never imagine in your worst nightmare. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Eagles' SPARQ score was very similar to that of Rondale Moore
Excellent display name btw

Thanks for the compliment, I dunno how many people would get it because I’m a bit of a surly young myself.

Wow, Rondale Moore... another “what-if” scenario. I suppose that’s the point of bringing in Sark, though: to hedge a bet on a staff that we hope is competent at recruiting, retaining, and developing players.

Did we ever really think that Dipshit Mehringer was going to teach our wide receivers something remotely of value?

cfb8d3c6674701100f0c1fadb1335ee5.jpg

I really do hope CTJ is right on Wiggins. The evolution of TXHSFB and the popularity of 7-on-7 camps has helped wide receiver talent in Texas explode. The thought of a Texas staff using Devonta Smith as a recruiting pitch, having their pick of the litter, and then actually developing the studs that come in is almost too good to be true...
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pretty funny really. FCB gets a 'redemption tour' but still fuck chip brown. Nahlin and Co. Look like dipshits. Meanwhile Fat Ketch is just sitting in the corner eating his tub of ice cream watching it all go down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Pretty funny really. FCB gets a 'redemption tour' but still fuck chip brown. Nahlin and Co. Look like dipshits. Meanwhile Fat Ketch is just sitting in the corner eating his tub of ice cream watching it all go down. 

Ketch's site used to have more members then all of the sites combined. Maybe still does.  Most of the posters hate him though.

Saw on one of the FB groups that this dude's friend works at a hotel and UT had 5 rooms  booked.  Sark, Bo, Gideon, Flood and Wiggins?

Edited by closetohumping

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Ketch's site used to have more members then all of the sites combined. Maybe still does.  Most of the posters hate him though.

Saw on one of the FB groups that this dude's friend works at a hotel and UT had 5 rooms  booked.  Sark, Bo, Gideon, Flood and Wiggins?

Please tell me it is the AT&T Center, and that porky little bride on the LHN commercial is playing the "Eyes" with her arm pit.

CHIEF

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Semi-serious question: Is there anyone on the Texas football beat that surly doesn't have a hate boner for? I get the hate for FCB because, well, fuck him, but in the past few days I've read that Taylor Estes is a useless bitch, Mike Roach is a fucking hack who doesn't know the first thing about recruiting, Cedric Golden, Brian Davis, and Kirk Bohls are incompetent assclowns who just makes shit up, etc. I'm frankly not informed enough to have an opinion one way or the other, but I'm curious if there's anyone that isn't universally loathed.

11 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Semi-serious question: Is there anyone on the Texas football beat that surly doesn't have a hate boner for? I get the hate for FCB because, well, fuck him, but in the past few days I've read that Taylor Estes is a useless bitch, Mike Roach is a fucking hack who doesn't know the first thing about recruiting, Cedric Golden, Brian Davis, and Kirk Bohls are incompetent assclowns who just makes shit up, etc. I'm frankly not informed enough to have an opinion one way or the other, but I'm curious if there's anyone that isn't universally loathed.

I don't hate Gerry Hamilton.  I think.  Actually, let me rephrase.  If I saw Gerry at Kerbey Lane, I'd likely not say something snide about his mother.

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I don't hate Gerry Hamilton.  I think.

Yeah pretty much just Gerry

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hornlover said:

That's the old formula. The new formula is:

Take half your age, multiply times two, subtract your age, plus 18 . It gets the correct answer every time.

Half your age, divide by 2, add 7, and round to the nearest teen. 

7 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

No

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I'm sorry you must have meant to log on to peaceloveandunderstandinghorns.com

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

I don’t specifically hate Joe Cook, maybe because he doesn’t really pretend to be a reporter. His Twitter threads of plays are games are good. 

Or maybe I should say, he doesn’t pretend to be more than a reporter? Doesn’t seem to act like he knows everything or that he’s got super plugged in secret sources. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

1) Porta potty girl

2) Squid

3) Uber driver

4) Caddox

5) Chow's 7-11 guy

6) Rapgamelarry

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

@OnAComputer has been called the Texas Taylor Hamm (at least I like to say that to fuck with him). TFB in general are really good dudes and are great at the recruiting beat

The IT guys are likeable enough but seem to be scrambling currently. I really like Gerry and Burton 

I would love to get a beer and eat wings with Mike Roach, he’s a good dude and is getting a lot better at his reporting. Jeff Howe and the longhorn blitz guys are great. The rest of 247 can get fucked

Every single person at OB can get fucked to the highest level 

I will not mention the AAS because they are irrelevant and awful

I don't disagree with most of this.  Gerry seems like an ok guy, Burton is like the godfather of football boards to me.  Wells is ok.  Nahlin, I actually know him, he's smart, but way too brash and hungry.

don't really know Howe, don't mind Roach as he seems to be pretty down to earth.  Chip and Taylor can get fucked by some syphillis infested vampires for all I care.  Everyone at OB, save Mccomas can get fucked too.  

So basically Gerry and maybe Roach.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

You're gonna have to lose that if you're gonna make it hear.  Reason is never imported.  Hate is the always exported.

• Hook 'Em 1