Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

I am not sure which of the On Texas guys said it but Corch Samples ideally likes his guys to have their recruitment wrapped up before the season so they can focus on being part of the team.  I don't know how true this is and have seen guys like Rakestraw play out their recruitment late. But if their is something to that then maybe Simmons is good to commit soon.

Crystal Ballin: Three crystal ball predictions for Texas Longhorns' top targets

Jordan Scruggs

Spoiler

Jordan Scruggs

The Texas Longhorns have kicked off their biggest official visit weekend of the summer in style and serious momentum is building on the Forty Acres after the nation's No. 2 running back Jerrick Gibson gave a pledge to Steve Sarkisian and Co. just before two o’clock earlier today. Here are some crystal ball picks that reflect recent intel gathered by the Horns247 staff and myself.

Colin Simmons, EDGE, Duncanville

Pick: Texas

Confidence: 6

Texas official visit dates: June 23-25

With the move to the SEC on the horizon, the EDGE position is without doubt the biggest position of need in this year's class, and Simmons is without doubt the No. 1 player on the Longhorns board regardless of position. With that being said, Steve Sarkisian and his staff have made landing their most valued target at their most valued position a theme since they arrived on the Forty Acres by signing Arch Manning, Anthony Hill, and Kelvin Banks, and after speaking with a source I expect Sark and his staff to continue the streak into the 2024 cycle with the No. 1 rated EDGE in the 247Sports Composite rankings.

While my crystal ball prediction was entered with a confidence of 6, timing of a commitment could have a major impact on this recruitment as Simmons has long planned for an announcement later in the cycle, and so far the five-star has only taken four official trips to Miami, Alabama, SMU, and of course Texas, but there’s still a high chance Simmons ends up setting in-season officials to several other schools.

Kobe Black, CB, Waco Connally

Over the span of the 2024 cycle, Kobe Black has become one of the more popular names for Texas fans as the Longhorns have been in pursuit of the nation’s No. 2 cornerback for quite some time.

Black has visited Texas more than any other school in his recruitment, and the proximity of the Forty Acres paired with the familiar faces in Austin in Jelani McDonald and Tre Wisner has ultimately led me to entering in a crystal ball prediction with a confidence of 6 for the Waco Connally star. Like Simmons, Black’s timeline could make it harder for Texas to get the five-star in the class sooner rather than later, as Black has already planned in-season official trips to Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M. 

Jordon Johnson-Rubell, S, IMG Academy

I’ve joined 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong and 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Mike Roach in entering a crystal ball prediction in favor of Texas for Top247 safety Jordon Johnson-Rubell.

Whether Johnson-Rubell was playing his high school football for Fort Worth Brewer or IMG Academy, sources behind the scenes have always been adamant in mentioning Texas as being in the mix for the four-star, but after speaking with another source I’m under the impression the Longhorns have officially taken the lead. It also doesn’t hurt the Horns chances that they landed Johnson-Rubell’s teammate Jerrick Gibson earlier today and are trending for another IMG Ascender in Jayden Jackson who is also on campus this weekend, along with having TJ Lindsey on campus who will be playing his last year of high school ball at IMG in the fall.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I am not sure which of the On Texas guys said it but Corch Samples ideally likes his guys to have their recruitment wrapped up before the season so they can focus on being part of the team.  I don't know how true this is and have seen guys like Rakestraw play out their recruitment late. But if their is something to that then maybe Simmons is good to commit soon.

Rakestraw was committed (I believe) but got Alabama, Texas, Missouri, etc during their playoff run and shutting down jsn. Little different. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Jordan Scruggs

Reveal hidden contents

Jordan Scruggs

The Texas Longhorns have kicked off their biggest official visit weekend of the summer in style and serious momentum is building on the Forty Acres after the nation's No. 2 running back Jerrick Gibson gave a pledge to Steve Sarkisian and Co. just before two o’clock earlier today. Here are some crystal ball picks that reflect recent intel gathered by the Horns247 staff and myself.

Colin Simmons, EDGE, Duncanville

With the move to the SEC on the horizon, the EDGE position is without doubt the biggest position of need in this year's class, and Simmons is without doubt the No. 1 player on the Longhorns board regardless of position. With that being said, Steve Sarkisian and his staff have made landing their most valued target at their most valued position a theme since they arrived on the Forty Acres by signing Arch Manning, Anthony Hill, and Kelvin Banks, and after speaking with a source I expect Sark and his staff to continue the streak into the 2024 cycle with the No. 1 rated EDGE in the 247Sports Composite rankings.

While my crystal ball prediction was entered with a confidence of 6, timing of a commitment could have a major impact on this recruitment as Simmons has long planned for an announcement later in the cycle, and so far the five-star has only taken four official trips to Miami, Alabama, SMU, and of course Texas, but there’s still a high chance Simmons ends up setting in-season officials to several other schools.

Kobe Black, CB, Waco Connally

Over the span of the 2024 cycle, Kobe Black has become one of the more popular names for Texas fans as the Longhorns have been in pursuit of the nation’s No. 2 cornerback for quite some time.

Black has visited Texas more than any other school in his recruitment, and the proximity of the Forty Acres paired with the familiar faces in Austin in Jelani McDonald and Tre Wisner has ultimately led me to entering in a crystal ball prediction with a confidence of 6 for the Waco Connally star. Like Simmons, Black’s timeline could make it harder for Texas to get the five-star in the class sooner rather than later, as Black has already planned in-season official trips to Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M. 

Jordon Johnson-Rubell, S, IMG Academy

I’ve joined 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong and 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Mike Roach in entering a crystal ball prediction in favor of Texas for Top247 safety Jordon Johnson-Rubell.

Whether Johnson-Rubell was playing his high school football for Fort Worth Brewer or IMG Academy, sources behind the scenes have always been adamant in mentioning Texas as being in the mix for the four-star, but after speaking with another source I’m under the impression the Longhorns have officially taken the lead. It also doesn’t hurt the Horns chances that they landed Johnson-Rubell’s teammate Jerrick Gibson earlier today and are trending for another IMG Ascender in Jayden Jackson who is also on campus this weekend, along with having TJ Lindsey on campus who will be playing his last year of high school ball at IMG in the fall.

New guy with 6 6 6….let’s see how this plays out…

2 hours ago, SarksJuggs said:

aggy reporter saying this is borderline erotic. He quickly deleted it after his followers started crying. 

6B723C88-F30E-4B52-A92F-BA5119301FC9.jpeg

The sad part about this is he was just speaking the truth and will now be outcasted by aggy fans. 

If you want to know how Texags continues to be profitable this is why. Their fans do not want to hear the truth and you know Liucci would never tweet anything like this. Holding coaches accountable is a good thing but aggys prefer to live in their own delusions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls