Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If you guys want a laugh, Tigerdroppings has a thread that initially thought the CJ Vogel TFB update was him switching from Texas to LSU.  It starts out great for them, then when somebody tells them the truth shit goes downhill.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/update-on-collin-simmons-good-news-for-lsu/109252867/

The SMU guy showing up to troll is wonderful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I know everyone makes fun of Roach, but he did out-scoop the IT guys on Gibson. Big criticism is he never makes a call and is too cautious. He is respectful of recruits to a fault. I am taking him changing his Crystal Ball pick as a positive. For Roach this is a ballsy move late in the game 

He never had a pick in on Simmons.

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I know everyone makes fun of Roach, but he did out-scoop the IT guys on Gibson. Big criticism is he never makes a call and is too cautious. He is respectful of recruits to a fault. I am taking him changing his Crystal Ball pick as a positive. For Roach this is a ballsy move late in the game 

Gipson* 

But I agree with your overall opinion. Although it's him just putting in the CB this late.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He never had a pick in on Simmons.

I thought he had a pick in. Only a couple of days ago he said LSU was in the lead, so his opinion has changed. I think that is solid positive data point. Nahlin would go all in with a pair of 2s in a poker game. Roach needs a full house, not to fold. If the most cautious 9.95er makes a late call for Texas, I am taking it as a positive 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He's a megaphone for grubby trainers and random TXHSFB coaches, but sometimes it does hit for him. Blind pigs and all that.

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The SMU guy showing up to troll is wonderful. 

*ACC powerhouse SMU

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Straight legal cash homies or straight under the table cash homies?

Still trying to get people to answer questions that no one is ever going to answer, eh?

And I see you’re still jerking off with your own hemorrhoid ooze at the concept that Texas will play the NIL game and the bag game,  no matter how many times people tell you that it’s stupid and you’re a rock headed buffoon for entertaining the thought. Even after it’s been painstakingly explained to you that a single players autograph can be a name your price situation, and isn’t even  necessary to be reported to the ncaa in a private sale, but still constitutes legal NIL. Even after you just saw Arch sell something for 100k last week for charity. 

well, you’re consistent, I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Still trying to get people to answer questions that no one is ever going to answer, eh?

And I see you’re still jerking off with your own hemorrhoid ooze at the concept that Texas will play the NIL game and the bag game,  no matter how many times people tell you that it’s stupid and you’re a rock headed buffoon for entertaining the thought. Even after it’s been painstakingly explained to you that a single players autograph can be a name your price situation, and isn’t even  necessary to be reported to the ncaa in a private sale, but still constitutes legal NIL. Even after you just saw Arch sell something for 100k last week for charity. 

well, you’re consistent, I guess. 

It was more about if he chose our NIL route or the LSU cash route but carry on brother!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A 4 confidence for roach is like. 7-8 gor others

You just got bitch slapped by someone in the last 24 hours for not reading the thread before you post, and you turn around and do it again a few hours later. Did someone drop you on your head as a child?

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

According to Justin Wells just now on IT live he reached out some source that said Colin has known for over a month where he's going. 

Pretty sure that source is Kobe Black who could be working with outdated information. However I think it's been known where he was going, will be interesting to see if one set of the 9.95ers decide to ruin the announcement or just stick with their picks.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

LOL at the 4. On brand.

Doesn't it reasonably follow that a pick with a 4/10 confidence with only 2 options remaining means he's a 6/10 confidence for LSU?

I'm mostly joking but math started kicking the shit out of me when the letters entered the picture in 7th grade.

7 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Does it matter?

Not to this guy 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls