Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Bobby did mentioned that apparently Bo had told the recruits that he was staying at Texas.  J cannot they will be too happy to be lied to as well.  Robinson was 1 foot out the door his whole recruitment so I would be shocked if he didn’t end up at Florida or LSU.  I do think January stays in the class.  I’m sure he’s pissed but I also don’t think he’s going to follow a coach that lied to him.

37 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Bobby did mentioned that apparently Bo had told the recruits that he was staying at Texas.  J cannot they will be too happy to be lied to as well.  Robinson was 1 foot out the door his whole recruitment so I would be shocked if he didn’t end up at Florida or LSU.  I do think January stays in the class.  I’m sure he’s pissed but I also don’t think he’s going to follow a coach that lied to him.

Why would Robinson follow a coach that lied to him?

30 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Being pissed about a coach leaving after you signed then following the lying coach seems a bit of a contradiction.

Nice to have the moral high ground on this. Really feels like Bo changed his mind. Let him take the heat. 

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

January has arrived.  No Robinson.

Not great, but I'm also trying to be optimistic. Just gotta wait for the D-Line coach before my pets head officially comes off. Really Likely Robinson as a prospect, but there will be others.

Angulo Bussey Article 

tldr visiting Georgia and Aggie, Texas and LSU still going after him

HONOLULU — After an eight-hour flight to the islands Sunday, five-star athlete Terry Bussey checked in for Polynesian Bowl week ready for what should be a hectic race to the finish line.

The Texas A&M commit didn’t put pen to paper with the Aggies during the Early Signing Period, making him the second-highest rated unsigned prospect in the 2025 class ahead of the traditional signing day in February.

Bussey has an official visit lined up with Georgia for when he gets back to the mainland.

“We’ll be headed to Athens the week after we get back from the Poly Bowl,” Bussey told 247Sports. “They have a great pedigree of getting guys to the league. I’m excited to get out there, meet the coaches, see what the vibe is like and just build off the relationship we’ve already started. They see me mostly on defense, even being an impact guy in the return game, and I’m open to anything they’d see me doing.

“Me and coach Donte Williams have been building a relationship for a long time and I’ve also had a strong relationship with coach Travaris Robinson, so that was big. My goal is to make it to the league, so I definitely have to take them into consideration.”

Texas A&M also has a spot on the official visit itinerary, while the likes of LSU and Texas figure to get the talented playmaker from Timpson on their campuses for unofficials.

“I want to make my decision on Signing Day, but if it needs to go past that I will hold off,” Bussey said. “The Texas A&M visit would probably be the weekend after I go to Georgia. … I’m going to weigh all my options and just make the best decision for me. Going through this with my family, we are very serious about the process and have to just find the best situation.

“Coach Mike Elko is a great guy and brought in a lot of great guys to that staff, so it’s been good to continue those conversations with them. It’s going to be something I look into, just building a relationship with the coaches that came in, and really just look if that option is a fit.”

The Longhorns had Bussey in Austin for an official back in the summer and the Tigers had him in Baton Rouge in late September. Bussey has sustained contact and continued to hear their respective pitches.

“It would be great to help Texas get to where they want to go, just putting on for the home state,” Bussey said. “I know that coach Steve Sarkisian has been pitching me on being a big piece of that program. He’s been making me a priority. And then with LSU, things have been going very well, too. Coach Brian Kelly made some changes on the defensive staff but I am really interested to see what steps they take and what moves they make.”

Bussey is the nation’s No. 20 overall prospect, No. 1 among athletes and No. 4 in the state of Texas for the 2024 class, per the 247Sports rankings.

“It’s amazing to be here in Hawaii and experience this, just coming from a small town in east Texas,” Bussey said. “It’s been a blessing to be able to do what I’ve been doing and I’m looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

26 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

6BHo4gLh9rqtW.webp

Meh, we're killing it in recruiting and the portal...we'll be fine either way. 

If he signed up to play for Bo and not Texas, then let his ass jump in that mother fucker.  

Texas will hire a badass for the IDL coach, so if that's not good enough, well, bye.  

• Hook 'Em 7

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Meh, we're killing it in recruiting and the portal...we'll be fine either way. 

If he signed up to play for Bo and not Texas, then let his ass jump in that mother fucker.  

Texas will hire a badass for the IDL coach, so if that's not good enough, well, bye.  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If not now, he’d do it after the spring. He’s flaky and been looking for a reason to jump 

I get it. Y'all aren't wrong. I just really liked his tape. I think he is super underrated and is going to be a monster wherever he ends up. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Park Gothic said:

I get it. Y'all aren't wrong. I just really liked his tape. I think he is super underrated and is going to be a monster wherever he ends up. 

Maybe, but he strikes me as the type that not all about football.  

I think he has the physical tools, but it doesn't seem like he has the mental fortitude.  

That's not to say it won't click for him at some point.  Afterall, he's just an 18 yo kid, but if it doesn't happen soon, and he wants to split, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

DT Returning - Mitchell, Collins, Bledsoe, Broughton

Incoming DT - January , Melvin Hills and Robinson(?)

We need the UH DT to sign here + 1 other perhaps.  We lost out on the MS Juco DT, so the Freshman are going to all have to play or we need another experienced transfer imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jdhorn92 said:

We need the UH DT to sign here + 1 other perhaps.  We lost out on the MS Juco DT, so the Freshman are going to all have to play or we need another experienced transfer imo.

UH DT went full duck.

1 minute ago, jdhorn92 said:

I think Aaron Bryant will play some next year.

• Hook 'Em 3

55 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I think Zac Swanson is gonna surprise some people next season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1