Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That recruitment seems to be a little weird. It seemed like Texas really liked him at one point then slowed down and A&M/OU passed us by. 

Texas is taking its time across the board. They have a plan for what they're doing, but they're also doing as much as they can on the evaluation front with every target. They're behaving in recruiting as though they're about to be a playoff team. Folks that know their shit think it's fine in this cycle if they live up to that. They're more or less trying to cherry pick every position besides QB.

Some guys get whiny about how much "love" they're feeling versus someone new making a push. It's hard to know, yet, which guys they're backing off of versus those that are always looking to be the top priority. The WR/ATH dude out of Silsbee is way behind some other guys, so that's why that one went cold. I don't know what the story is with Warren. Flood hasn't been in love with his in-state options besides Cruz, but knows he can't just take one in-state guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 12:47 PM, closetojumping said:

I don't know when he "decommits", but I do expect it. He had a terrible season with drops and his own coaches aren't hyping him. Unless Texas wants him at CB, which isn't tracking right now, his "decommitment" will be that in optics only.

IT had a story this week that the Texas coaches told Moddon they are recruiting him solely as a CB at this time. Moddon said he was ok with it for now, but I agree he's likely on decommitment watch should his attitude change.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

IT had a story this week that the Texas coaches told Moddon they are recruiting him solely as a CB at this time. Moddon said he was ok with it for now, but I agree he's likely on decommitment watch should his attitude change.

Yeah, once he goes back to LSU or wherever else and he gets told they want him offense he's gone.  Has he played any DB in high school?

6 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

100% on board as a fellow SV Alumn. My daughter said he is always wearing UT stuff at school now that the aggy influences have left.

I was kind of wondering why he was suddenly pretty interested in UT. Was it an "uncle" situation?

Edited by TankedBevo

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls