USMNT 2021

Napoleon

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

He was an up-and-comer before he almost died in a car wreck in France, @ztejas. One of the most promising prospects at forward we've had, and not a loafer like EJ or Altidore.

Fuck - didn't know that. That was right when I started following the NT. I'll try and be less cunty. 

Still think he's talking above his experience.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Fuck - didn't know that. That was right when I started following the NT. I'll try and be less cunty. 

Still think he's talking above his experience.

You're fine. But I don't get the connection between needing to have had an outstanding pro career in order to provide cogent analysis.

As for the wreck, I was wrong--it happened in the U.S., not France. Per Wiki:

Sochaux[edit]

On July 10, 2009, before returning from his suspension in Sweden, it was announced that Davies would sign with Ligue 1 club Sochaux.[12] On August 15, in his second game with Sochaux, Davies came on as a second-half substitute and scored twice; Sochaux ultimately lost the game to Bordeaux, 3–2.[13] However, after only eight appearances with the club, Davies was seriously injured in a car crash while in the United States.[14][15] On April 26, 2010, Davies returned to full training with his club[16] and was finally placed in the gameday roster for the December 19 match against Bordeaux.[17]

After having spent 2011 on loan to D.C. United, Davies returned to Sochaux. He made his first appearance since his accident in a 1–0 loss against Rennes on February 11, 2012.[18]

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

But I don't get the connection between needing to have had an outstanding pro career in order to provide cogent analysis.

Not the connection I was trying to make. Just thought he was a little overly critical of some very talented players that haven't played much together. 

AND HOLY SHIT SARGENT SHOOT THAT!

There's something to be said for having the mentality that you're the best player on the pitch and say what you want about the MLS but some of the guys we play from that league have that mentality. The Euro talent we have is awesome but they are all really young and used to playing off of better players - we need a mix of guys that assert themselves and guys that play well off of the others.

What makes Pulisic so amazing is that he not only plays at the highest level in the world but he trusts his game to a fault. Reyna possesses that too, although he is still very raw and a few years away. Guys like McKennie and Dest and Aaronson don't have that level of confidence yet. They play sound football but at the end of the day they are more used to trusting their teammates to come through. 

It's a complex situation to sift through and I worry that it's over Berhalter's head. 

• Like 1

Eh. It's one match, on the road, in CONCACAF, with a super-young squad.

This sort of showing shouldn't surprise--or really even disappoint--anyone.

Point here and I'm disappointed. A good manager figures this out and shithouses 3 out of it. 

Eh. It's one match, on the road, in CONCACAF, with a super-young squad.

This sort of showing shouldn't surprise--or really even disappoint--anyone.

Half our guys are probably like - WTF!?!? These guys are playing like it's a street game!

They are getting used to this physical play.