USMNT 2021

Napoleon

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

2 legit chances on goal in 150 mins of qualification thus far.  Well effing done bitchalder.

First game was an abortion but I've seen some good stuff in this first half. Canada's back 4 has played really well and are hard to break down. 

Pulisic is so quality. We really missed him in that first one. Just need to string some more play together in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

First game was an abortion but I've seen some good stuff in this first half. Canada's back 4 has played really well and are hard to break down. 

Pulisic is so quality. We really missed him in that first one. Just need to string some more play together in the 2nd half. 

I truly respect your opinion, but our only legit chance, at home, has been a near own-goal.  Translate this performance to, say, Belgium or France or Brazil, etc..  of course I'm not saying we're anywhere near as good as these teams but, I shudder to think about 1.5 chances a game v El Salvador and Canada v anyone else in the Top 20 of the world.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I truly respect your opinion, but our only legit chance, at home, has been a near own-goal.  Translate this performance to, say, Belgium or France or Brazil, etc..  of course I'm not saying we're anywhere near as good as these teams but, I shudder to think about 1.5 chances a game v El Salvador and Canada v anyone else in the Top 20 of the world.

I'm with you. I'm as critical as anyone on here. I do think we were the better side in that first half. Just need to capitalize. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You are doubling down on a dumb take. The team had several chances against ES but had the yips and shanked every one of them. Tonight, our best chance was Pulisic drawing wood.

The team hasn't impressed, so general criticism is certainly understandable, if not warranted. But you're trying to use a statistical argument with bunk numbers.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You are doubling down on a dumb take. The team had several chances against ES but had the yips and shanked every one of them. Tonight, our best chance was Pulisic drawing wood.

The team hasn't impressed, so general criticism is certainly understandable, if not warranted. But you're trying to use a statistical argument with bunk numbers.

You think 0 goals in a little over 1.5 games against El Salvador and Canada (at home) is fine?  It's not like we're Mexico v T&T (?) Where they had like 25 chances on goal ,but couldn't finish.  We're not even challenging.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

You think 0 goals in a little over 1.5 games against El Salvador and Canada (at home) is fine?

You said the USMNT had only generated "2 legit" chances in 150 minutes. Now you're trying to move the goalposts, presumably cuz you realize how absurd your statement was but you can't own it.

You also wrote that our best chance tonight came from a defender, when Puli had a shot carom off the woodwork.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL