2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

22 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

HOLY SHIT PLEASE GOD LET SARK BE A GREAT COACH!!!!!!!!

I’m with you. The only hope I have as a fan is UT football. I’m going to try to sell my PSLs. The Texans have broken their contract with me as a fan. Rather stay at home and watch Sunday Ticket. I enjoy watching the rest of the league and not this abortion of a franchise.

• Like 2

I am racking my brain about what Cal thinks there is to gain from the most epic trolling of one’s fan base/customers. Dealing off HOF players (Hopkins, soon to be Watson and Watt), putting Easterby in charge, not interviewing any legitimate GM candidates, now hiring a coach with no HC experience who was the passing coordinator of the worst passing offense in 2020, and previously the WR coach of a team whose WRs scored no touchdowns. Where does he go from here? Trade a first rounder for a two third rounders? Is he going to draft an amputee at RB? Blare gospel music on 11 throughout the games? Paint homophobic messages in the endzone for “My Cause” month? Stop selling beer and replace it with ODouls and Zima?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hate said:

That's why the Jets are really the only choice as far as the Texans are concerned, but I don't know why Deshaun would want to go there.  They are at least as dysfunctional as the Texans if not more dysfunctional. 

Being a professional athlete (and a star qb at that) in NYC seems like it would be pretty fucking awesome. Also, Watson is the type of player that free agents would follow to NY. Allen Robinson is a free agent. Kenny Golladay is a free agent. I don’t know, man. I think he could make them pretty interesting quickly. They were 7-9 two years ago. 

Watson isn’t saying anything publicly, but the rumors are he prefers NYJ over MIA after Richard Sherman tweeted that Watson should go there (lolwut?) and they hired Saleh who was Watson’s #1 coach preference for the Texans. 
#2, #23, #34, and 2022 first round pick come on down!

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Watson isn’t saying anything publicly, but the rumors are he prefers NYJ over MIA after Richard Sherman tweeted that Watson should go there (lolwut?) and they hired Saleh who was Watson’s #1 coach preference for the Texans. 
#2, #23, #34, and 2022 first round pick come on down!

Yep, don't even entertain anyone - just do it right now.  The Texans actually owe it to Watson to send him where he wants to go - its literally the least Cal McNair can do for fucking him over so badly, lying to him and just basically spitting in his face.

Give Houston all them picks.  Then flip JJ for some more.  

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

So now all the clueless dipshits are jumping in to give their opinions..great

"It was like, ya'll don't give a f--k about my input. Maybe three coaches -- tops -- played at that level, [the others] just [have] been around the game," Foster continued. "And so how the f--k can you not have input from people doing it at a high level, who are in it? I never understood that s--t. 

7 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

The problem with draft picks is I have zero faith in Easterby/caserio utilizing them properly. 

Not wrong.  But they have to get all they can for their 2 stars who clearly don't want to be in Houston anymore.  Flipping Watson and Watt for two 2021 first round picks, two 2021 second round picks, a 2021 third round pick and a 2022 first round pick would go a long way towards... something.

But something is better than nothing. 

Why not trade Tunsil at this point if he’s still viewed as a top 5 LT? Acquiring him was supposed to be what put the Texans on the next level, but ultimately led to the tailspin and current dumpster fire (lost 2 firsts and a second, gave him a big extension that contributed to the “we can’t pay Hopkins”, leading into a 4-12 season).

We wouldn’t get back what we gave, but would someone give at least a first and second/third for him? What’s the point of having a top OT in his prime when the team won’t be competitive in the next 3+ years?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Being a professional athlete (and a star qb at that) in NYC seems like it would be pretty fucking awesome. Also, Watson is the type of player that free agents would follow to NY. Allen Robinson is a free agent. Kenny Golladay is a free agent. I don’t know, man. I think he could make them pretty interesting quickly. They were 7-9 two years ago. 

You think professional athletes are going to take a pay cut to follow a QB to a team because, in part, they 7-9 two years ago?  Sounds like a no-brainer.

Edited by Hanrahan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Why not trade Tunsil at this point if he’s still viewed as a top 5 LT? Acquiring him was supposed to be what put the Texans on the next level, but ultimately led to the tailspin and current dumpster fire (lost 2 firsts and a second, gave him a big extension that contributed to the “we can’t pay Hopkins”, leading into a 4-12 season).

We wouldn’t get back what we gave, but would someone give at least a first and second/third for him? What’s the point of having a top OT in his prime when the team won’t be competitive in the next 3+ years?

Fire sale. I'm all for it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

Totally.  Do it all and get as much as you can.

Also, I was thinking about Eric B. 

I know Houston didn't choose him, but no one else did either.  I was just curious about that.

There has been some critical discussion about him here and elsewhere, but it seems that he is well liked and it may not be PC to be critical of his executive experience and how it would translate to being a HC. He has been the OC for the end of the Alex Smith era and into the Pat Mahomes era all while Reid was HC. There’s a good chance the KC offense would be excellent no matter who the OC was. Kind of like “why wasn’t Greg Davis hired as HC after 2005???”

The best thing I heard about Culley was Shefter’s sportscenter interview last night, that he is universally respected as a motivator and people person, and the Texans’ objective *might be* to get a good CEO type at HC and leave all Xs and Os to qualified OC and DC. Let us all pray...

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The best thing I heard about Culley was Shefter’s sportscenter interview last night, that he is universally respected as a motivator and people person, and the Texans’ objective *might be* to get a good CEO type at HC and leave all Xs and Os to qualified OC and DC. Let us all pray...

He was chosen because he's a good christian boy that easterby approved. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Well if Watson wants out, I see no reason Tim Kelly needs to stay.  

I mean, if this isn't the biggest dumpster fire in Pro sports, I don't know what is.

Has a team ever just torn it down completely?  Without Watson to protect, what good is having Tunsil? 

I assume Watt is on his way somewhere out of respect?

Trade anybody you think you can get something for.

What does the 2022 draft look like?

3 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I mean, if this isn't the biggest dumpster fire in Pro sports, I don't know what is.

Has a team ever just torn it down completely?  Without Watson to protect, what good is having Tunsil? 

I assume Watt is on his way somewhere out of respect?

Trade anybody you think you can get something for.

What does the 2022 draft look like?

37 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Totally.  Do it all and get as much as you can.

Also, I was thinking about Eric B. 

I know Houston didn't choose him, but no one else did either.  I was just curious about that.

The Eric B thing is very interesting. He has been passed over in 2 cycles now. There is more to that than simply some crap from 30 years ago or bad interviews.