2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The Eric B thing is very interesting. He has been passed over in 2 cycles now. There is more to that than simply some crap from 30 years ago or bad interviews.

790 this AM said he's interviewed in 13 places and no offers, so I wouldn't blame the Texans there.  I will blame them for their general ineptitude and whole Watson debacle.  They have little leverage at this point as it is out there that he wants to be traded so they're in a much weaker negotiating position.

PS Fuck Bud Adams (and Cal).

PPS

image.thumb.png.dcfd4fdd3fe7c022f1c027ab365e300b.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tx ind said:

790 this AM said he's interviewed in 13 places and no offers, so I wouldn't blame the Texans there.  I will blame them for their general ineptitude and whole Watson debacle.  They have little leverage at this point as it is out there that he wants to be traded so they're in a much weaker negotiating position.

PPS

The OG John Lopez called the Texans just now Lakewood West. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

I don't think it's been this bad to be a Houston sports fan since the Oilers left.  

The Texans have never been good, they were entertaining for a few years. The Astros are going to win the West again, and the Rockets have some interesting young guys and plenty of future draft picks to make a quick turn around after James.

Houston sports isn't bad at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The Texans have never been good, they were entertaining for a few years. The Astros are going to win the West again, and the Rockets have some interesting young guys and plenty of future draft picks to make a quick turn around after James.

The draft picks are too spread out to make a big difference and the owner isn't going to ok adding salary by using them as trade assets. 

What about this?

Don't trade DW.  Make him hold out and lose money.  Since he doesn't play, he doesn't burn a year off the contract.

Lakewood West goes 0-16, and secures #1 overall pick.  Trades DW to a team with a top 4 overall pick plus other #1s and possibly other picks.

Trade Tunsil and Watt as mentioned above.  Maybe Fuller too.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

you have two legitimate titles in the last 30 years and they are the result of a guy quitting basketball to briefly play minor league baseball. that’s it. houston sports and that whole goddamn city is a sad joke. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 5

I disagree. Wasn’t there one year the had the best record in the league until Schaub broke his foot? You could argue they weren’t the best team in the league and that would be fair, but they were on track for at least a first round bye.

14 minutes ago, tx ind said:

PPS

Didn't mean to imply that Texans are at fault w/ regards to EB. Just weird that he has been getting major push yet no one will hire him. It's crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, futureman said:

you have two legitimate titles in the last 30 years and they are the result of a guy quitting basketball to briefly play minor league baseball. that’s it. houston sports and that whole goddamn city is a sad joke. 

Umm..Astro, Mofo. That is a legit title.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

No matter how bad Cal and gang are hated, that stadium will still be sold out on opening day. With the roof closed. There are enough idiots out there who will never stop buying the snake oil that Cal will never feel it.

This. 

I've never completely bought in.  Having been born and raised here, I've watched them over the years and I want them to do well, but my fandom left with the Oilers.

I'll never understand how a team with no history, no identity and just created out of thin air, has garnered such a devoted following.  I know it's Texas and football and all that, but fucking A...how many times do you have to get kicked in the nuts before you wave the white flag.

I hope this will be the city's "wave the white flag" moment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

Jordan played for the Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals and lost to the Magic who got swept by the Rockets.

The Rockets 1st championship is kinda like the Colt injury in the MNC.  Can't say we automatically win versus Bama (or Rockets vs Bulls), but I sure would have liked to see that game.  Gotta show up if you want the trophy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Jordan played for the Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals and lost to the Magic who got swept by the Rockets.

No one was beating the Rockets that year.

Edited by Rip76
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, tx ind said:

PPS

He's probably viewed as a system OC who's not really responsible for their success. Hard to argue against that with Reid and players like Mahomey, Hill, and Kelce.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

This might be a good time to point out that outside of Houston and Dallas, Houston and Dallas are exactly the same.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Roughnecks come back in 2022. Like alot of you my love, fandom for houston nfl football left with oilers. I wanted the texans to do good but seeing the vanilla, bland uniforms, name, logo, and everything else in between if they were to leave houston tomorrow i wouldnt care. The only way to get change from hee-haw mcnair is pocket book. But there are to many kool aid drinking fans (some who do it for the publicity) to empty out nrg in game day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
The OG John Lopez called the Texans just now Lakewood West. LOL

Of course that stupid aggy has his map upside down.

Edited by clapclapclap
For non-Houstonians, esp. those in Rio Linda, the Texans facilities are southeast of that 'church' (sic)
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What about the Aeros?  They sure have been quiet....

46 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Didn't mean to imply that Texans are at fault w/ regards to EB. Just weird that he has been getting major push yet no one will hire him. It's crazy.

He was offered the Colorado HC job and turned it down. So it's not like he hasn't had other opportunities. 

58 minutes ago, futureman said:

I will never understand Dallas sports fans obsession with all things Houston. Weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m laughing at people that want Cal to call Watson’s “bluff” and let him stand on the sidelines. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don’t even think Cal is that stupid. Watson isn’t some scrub that no one wants. If you’re dumb enough to ruin a relationship with your team’s biggest asset (Watson) I wonder if you’re dumb enough to pay him 100m+ to not play.  Priority #1 should have been to make up with Watson as soon as you learned he was upset.  Hiring a GM or head coach was secondary.

the nfl makes stars out of the best QBs, and Cal obviously didn’t recognize that. Or maybe Watson didn’t express even religion. I don’t know.

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Sadly, it's not his to sell.

Well God needs him to find a way.

Texans will trade Watson. Get a haul of picks for him. Promptly give most of those picks to Detroit to rescue their white knight Stafford from the lions. 
Because signs: Christians and Lions; Stafford (rod and staff), Detroit (the Devil is in). Lots of signs and symbolism. Easterby has this y’all. Mother fuck! What a cluster of a franchise. I hope JJ watt demands trade also. 

I feel sorry for long suffering Oilers fans. There are no words. Sorry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I feel sorry for long suffering Oilers fans. There are no words. Sorry. 

Our calluses have calluses.

If only the people who ran the NFL pitied Houstonians as much as you, and facilitated the return of the Oilers nickname and colors and/or sale of the franchise. This is absurd and will get worse before it gets better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Hey Cal,

I got a message from God this morning. He wants you to sell the Texans. Jesus is ready to take the wheel but He needs a better conduit than Easterby. 

Thanks,

The Almighty is watching! 

Cal doesn't accept messages from God unless they come in stacks of $100's. 

• Hook 'Em 1