2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

13 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Pretty sure Kerstetter is on the leadership council, no?

I don't know who it is, but Kerstetter would be my guess.  He had a nasty black eye a few seasons ago from a fight with Malcolm Roach, and he has a penchant for impulsive personal foul penalties.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The odds are that the story was flatly made up by Nahlin. He tells one of those tales every summer. 

but FCB reported it too. That mean it's true or that FCB's source is Nahlin?

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe my expectation meter is way to high(fucking off season kool-aid) but I was reading Dave Campbell Texas football magazine during my annual pre season football dump and got to Texas and holy fuck, they have us going 7-5? Wow is this the national perception? Haven’t seen other magazines but I was more in the 9-3 camp and how the fuck do these guys think aggy is a national title contender with 1 returning offensive lineman and a fucking redshirt freshman qb? 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Maybe my expectation meter is way to high(fucking off season kool-aid) but I was reading Dave Campbell Texas football magazine during my annual pre season football dump and got to Texas and holy fuck, they have us going 7-5? Wow is this the national perception? Haven’t seen other magazines but I was more in the 9-3 camp and how the fuck do these guys think aggy is a national title contender with 1 returning offensive lineman and a fucking redshirt freshman qb? 

We’ve made the preseason magazines look foolish for years, they are always slow to see trends

Does that surprise anybody how many times have we tripped over our dicks the last 10 years? Brutal truth is Texas is starting to be viewed in the same category or as Miami or Nebraska and unfortunately it will only get worse until Texas wins consistently.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dave Campbell predicts we lose the opener to Louisiana.  They lost their top two running backs to the NFL.  I just watched their 2020 games against Georgia State and Texas State.  If we lose that game in a packed house at DKR, then just burn it all down.  We aren't losing to Louisiana.   

Edited by lemonandaturd

DCTF is full of Rapelor and aggy, I'd expect nothing less from them. If it werent for increased sales they'd never have anything Lonhorn related on their cover...but of course each time they have no better in state options, they make an alternate cover for certain areas of the state to appease aggy.

6 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Dave Campbell predicts we lose the opener to Louisiana.  They lost their top two running backs to the NFL.  I just watched their 2020 games against Georgia State and Texas State.  If we lose that game in a packed house at DKR, then just burn it all down.  We aren't losing to Louisiana.   

Line is hovering around Texas -13. You’d think we were the underdog according to some of these “experts.”

9 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

We seem to be missing out on some much-needed 'croots--'croots the 9.95'ers kept telling us we could sign. Are we just getting outbid or what the fuck else is going on? (I'd post this over in the recruiting board but those fuckers are crazy over there.)

For football-focused recruits, there's an incredibly easy sell against UT right now, given our previous decade and Sark's HC history.

Also our back office recruiting staff is a hard "meh" outside of Chris Gilbert, and our boosters have no interest in building a bag game infrastructure, so we're not getting an edge there either.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

For football-focused recruits, there's an incredibly easy sell against UT right now, given our previous decade and Sark's HC history.

Also our back office recruiting staff is a hard "meh" outside of Chris Gilbert, and our boosters have no interest in building a bag game infrastructure, so we're not getting an edge there either.

Yeah, I remember all those "insider" posts saying, "Ah, don't worry about Carrington going to USC. It's no big deal. We'll be fine." Riiiight.

• Hook 'Em 1

Who are considered as "the back office staff" for recruiting??

(Guessing Billy Glasscock, Brandon Harris, and Taylor Searels are part of this group...). 

9 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Yeah, I remember all those "insider" posts saying, "Ah, don't worry about Carrington going to USC. It's no big deal. We'll be fine." Riiiight.

Carrington really did tail off effort-wise and it was fine he was leaving, but then we replaced him with the promoted intern instead of someone with actual experience.

• Rage+1 1

A reputable poster on IT/OB who has provided good info for many years says that the TE group is in the doghouse bc the 5 star TE keeps missing workouts. He has been described as weak and lazy. 

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

A reputable poster on IT/OB who has provided good info for many years says that the TE group is in the doghouse bc the 5 star TE keeps missing workouts. He has been described as weak and lazy. 

Sanders? I’ve seen him multiple times on Casey’s snap in the film room studying spring tape. I don’t know about workouts, but that doesn’t seem like him.

6 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Pretty sure the person who posted about it on IT said one of the TE’s missed workouts to go on vacation and it was Helm. No mention of Sanders.

7 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

52 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pretty sure the person who posted about it on IT said one of the TE’s missed workouts to go on vacation and it was Helm. No mention of Sanders.

I am shocked Bruh Man took the most pessimistic possible take on this, potentially mixed in with some pure invention to make it seem even worse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

I am shocked Bruh Man took the most pessimistic possible take on this, potentially mixed in with some pure invention to make it seem even worse.

Alright I've been told the IT guy did mean Sanders. Let's see if Sark/Banks can whip him into shape - he's only 18 and been here for a couple weeks after all.

Alright I've been told the IT guy did mean Sanders. Let's see if Sark/Banks can whip him into shape - he's only 18 and been here for a couple weeks after all.

I love how everyone jumped on Bruh Man for sharing good info that isn't even at all inconsistent with some of the other data points out there concerning the tight end that everyone really wanted to be a D end because we kinda need one plus its just a way more important and highly valued position than tight end but he doesn't want to I guess so we'll just let him play tight end

22 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I love how everyone jumped on Bruh Man for sharing good info that isn't even at all inconsistent with some of the other data points out there concerning the tight end that everyone really wanted to be a D end because we kinda need one plus its just a way more important and highly valued position than tight end but he doesn't want to I guess so we'll just let him play tight end

he has a long long long history of posting dumb shit and bad takes, which is why everyone piled on him.

Edited by NoName
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

My experience with people is that if you are lazy now, the odds of not being lazy later are really really low. 

That frequently happens when a player has been the only superstar on the team ever since they first strapped on pads, had a guy like that at my hs and he wasnt ready to be jag at the college level. And yeah, if Banks can't whip him into shape..not sure any position coach at any big time program would have a different experience.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, texifornia said:

That frequently happens when a player has been the only superstar on the team ever since they first strapped on pads, had a guy like that at my hs and he wasnt ready to be jag at the college level. And yeah, if Banks can't whip him into shape..not sure any position coach at any big time program would have a different experience.

Well, idk about "only" superstar at Denton Ryan. Want to say they've had 9ish 4+* guys in '20-'23 classes.

But yeah. At some point he'll realize it's sink or swim

Well, idk about "only" superstar at Denton Ryan. Want to say they've had 9ish 4+* guys in '20-'23 classes.
But yeah. At some point he'll realize it's sink or swim
True, forgot which program he came from, but it's still a culture shock when you are a coveted recruit and the reality of making the starting lineup of a team full of guys who were HS standouts hits you. I'm sure all of his previous coaches didn't worry too much about lack of practice intensity as long as he performed like a superstar at game time.

16 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

I posted verbatim what he said.

Yes, he said it was Sanders.